[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I had a close friend tell me today that they want me to get help,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
I had a close friend tell me today that they want me to get help, that I am an alcoholic and I am not long for this earth if I dont stop

The problem is, I dont think I am an alcoholic. Yes I drink 1/2-1 fifth of whiskey a night. Out of 7 days I drink usually 4 of them. I however do not have a problem with bills. In 14 years I have missed work twice because I drank too much, and in reality, it was probably a good idea to have taken vacation on those days anyway (once was the day after 4th of July, the other was the day after my 21st birthday)

What say you guys? How can someone be an alcoholic if they solidly have their life together and are on top of their shit? I just prefer the last 3 hours of my day to be spent getting so drunk I pass out with the bottle still in my lap
>>
>>23673370
the term functioning alcoholic exists for a reason
>>
>>23673391

so does Big Beautiful Woman... just because we put words together does not mean they fit together.

To me the very basis of alcoholism is that it is destroying your life. Alcoholism wouldn't be a problem if it made you happy, relaxed, and highly productive... we would be giving it to kids instead of adderall
>>
>>23673409
Your current level of alcohol consumption is almost certainly going to cause you cirrhosis at some point.

If you really think you're not an alcoholic, (someone addicted to alcohol), why not go a few weeks without and see how you feel?

Also, if you think you're not, what would it hurt to go to a substance abuse counselor and have them confirm you're not? It's because you know they'll say you are, and you don't want to admit it to yourself.

To:dr the very fact that you posted this thread indicates that you're aware it's a problem, but that you're in denial.
>>
>>23673370
That's the definition of a high functioning alcohol. You don't have to be the typical wino passed out in a street corner to be an alcoholic.

But, if you have all the rest of your shit together, all you're really doing is destroying your liver. Just make sure that when you develop cirrhosis, you refuse to get a liver transplant and die, so that someone more deserving can get the transplant instead. You and you alone will be responsible for putting yourself in that predicament, so you should be the only one paying the price for it.
>>
>>23673439

1. I dont really have time or the patience to sit down with a touchy feely quack so he can sign me up for meetings and bi monthly sessions with him

2. Of course they will say something is wrong. It is in their best interest for something to be wrong.

3. I have gone months without alcohol. That however was at my last job and instead of drinking I would smoke a bowl before bed. My current job drug tests sadly. I can easily go without alcohol, but I can not fall asleep without being messed up in some fashion

>>23673445

Alcoholics and smokers are not able to get organ transplants. Like you said, if that happens, its on my own head. I will say this though. Everyone dies of something someday, might as well have fun while the ride lasts
>>
File: 1460155053915.jpg (21 KB, 350x375) Image search: [Google]
1460155053915.jpg
21 KB, 350x375
ITT: confirmation bias from someone whose mind is already made up
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.