[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/soc/ it's with a heavy heart that I say one of my best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
/soc/ it's with a heavy heart that I say one of my best friends committed suicide last night. This is the first time I've ever been through this. What the tuck do I do.
>>
You continue on and take solace that he/she doesn't have to worry about stress and problems that is life anymore.
>>
My advice is to get all the negative emotions out over the period of a few days, and eventually you'll stop crying and think back to the good times you've had together. Shit sucks, but life goes on. Carry their legacy to your grave if needed.
>>
>>23668426
cover pain with new pain controlled pain, best advice, good luck friend.
>>
>>23668426
Was in the same situation 3 years ago.
Honestly, i know it is cold and tough, but come back to reality, to the fact that your friend isn't part of the equation anymore, and that you have to live on.
I don't know your are or occupation, but keep at it, don't leave or stop it in any way.
>>
I hope this doesn't come across as flippant, but I think maybe a good way to think about life is as though it is one big hotel. It's been operating for a longtime, they're constantly doing renovations and changing the facade. And there's always people coming and going for their stays. Some people stay for a long time, some people stay for a short time, but everyone gets to check out the hotel while their stay lasts and see what it's like. There are parties in some rooms, and it's a bit quieter in others. The length of the stay doesn't define the person. If someone checks out and your still staying in the hotel, you miss them and think of the fun you had while they were staying, and you still have the memory. And it's a fortuitous occurrence that you both got to cross paths in the hotel and spend some time together. If you need to spend some time in your room thinking about the person who has checked out, that's fine. The hotel keeps running as always, and they don't mind if you want to stay in your room for a bit. And when you're ready, you can take a deep breath, and come out down to the lobby or the bar to enjoy the hotel again.

Additionally, I found reading Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut as a good way to think about and deal with death.
>>
>>23668874
That was beautiful anon. As for OP I would let it out if you can, talk to your mutual friends so you don't have to go it alone.
>>
>>23668426
My best friend took her life about 18 months ago and left me a crushing suicide note.

I've stared at this thread for minutes trying to think of what to say to you, and I can't.
>>
>>23670062
what did she say? that's terrible
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.