[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This thread is for Portland, Oregon.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
This thread is for Portland, Oregon.
>>
>>23666051
Place sucks, I'm about to get the fuck out of here. Everything is overrated as fuck, food carts are expensive. The music scene is non existent. There's a ton of fat chicks and ugly women who think they are all 10s. I don't know how you people like this town.
>>
>>23666109
Where are you headed to?
>>
>>23666185
Just interviewing all over the place.
>>
Portland is a lonely town. Everywhere I can feel its swell, as the streets fill up with all the cars and pedestrians and bicyclists going about their business. An endless supply of restaurants feeds without satiating, creating more obligations/opportunities for dates trying to supplement their Instagram accounts. Portland is a lonely city. A town full of abandoned pets, no longer anyone's possessions, trying to find a forever home.
>>
Portland is a town where legions of homeless enjoy a lifestyle insulated from adult responsibilities, also insulated from adult resentment. The familial structure, along with the manufactured feelings of oppression, empowers the homeless to broaden their sense of entitlement. Portland is a city full of guilt and charity. Portland has much to spare for the less fortunate and no effective way to distribute the enjoyment of wealth. Portland is a city, feeling tensions between the disenfranchised and the landowning class.
>>
Portland is a town ready for conflict. Too many people feel too crowded. Too many people feel cheated of what should be theirs. Bicyclists and drivers jockey for control of the roads. Locals deny the authenticity of new arrivals. Those who didn't keep up with the times lament what was lost. The ones who struggle to establish their homes resent the ones who do nothing for their homes. The ones without threaten the ones with much to lose. There is a crime waiting to happen. A murder which would trespass beyond the borders of the filthy encampments.
>>
File: 1393764891616.jpg (45 KB, 596x329) Image search: [Google]
1393764891616.jpg
45 KB, 596x329
Are you people seriously that pessimistic?... well, you're on 4chan, so I guess it's not that great of a leap.

Over priced and over-hyped are everywhere. Portland is blowing up right now, so it may be particularly noticeable, but it's no different from any smaller scale city.
It's a pain in the ass that everything closes early (about the only thing I liked about NYC was that you could go anywhere at just about any time), but I like this hipster-wasteland. Idiots waste money on the finer shit, but if you aren't a magnet for all the gimmicky shit that's bringing the young money, you can have a good time for dirt cheap.

Remember what Harvey Danger said, "If you're bored, then you're boring."
>>
>>23666470
>Locals deny the authenticity of new arrivals.

I think by "locals" you mean "people who moved to Portland 5-10 years ago".
>>
>>23666484
what a depressing thread
>>
>>23666109

If you think the music scene here is non exsistant then you're likely not attending any shows.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.