[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /soc/ I know you guys must be getting money from somewhere.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Hey /soc/
I know you guys must be getting money from somewhere. You're all adults. So let's share what our tax year looks like.

This op is getting $235 refund.
Would've been more if my new job didn't require me to claim all of my tips.
>>
but how much did you make in 2015?
>>
>>23658049
$19,800somethingorother. Had 3 jobs throughout the year.
>>
>>23658046
235 is low for under 20k a year. Single with no dependents here. I'd get at least 1k-2k back. It depends on the state and how you do it. Maybe someone else knows more. I know that 235 is low.
>>
>>23658060
shouldn't matter how many jobs you had.
>>
>>23658085
I misspoke. What you pay is what you should get back. If you paid 235 then yeah that's correct. I pay 22% but that's on paper. I pay close to 45% to the gov.
>>
>>23658085
Yeah, but like i said, claiming tips will fuck up your return.

"Oh, made money without us knowing. We kinda need that money from you. We're giving grants to people who want to raise a pet pig for no reason."

Claiming tips let's the government know that you made money that they didn't tax you for. And if they didn't tax you for it then, you can bet your ass they're going to tax you for it now.
>>
>>23658093
235 is my return. I'm not paying 235, that's money the government owes me.
>>
>>23658099
Yeah I'd take it to the employer to be honest friend. What it seems that maybe they got credit off of you.
>>
>>23658102
Seems low.
>>
>>23658108
Yeah. That being said though, i have proof for my mortgage company that I'm making enough income to afford a house on 1 job now.
>>
>>23658115
Wow 20k. You're either Midwest or far North. Well. some people pay taxes and some are happy to get 0 back.
>>
>>23658121
err sorry, some people owe taxes**
>>
I get paid for sex......... so I dunno....... not really any official records or taxes on it
>>
>>23658121
I'm not.
Did i not mention the pig raising grant? It's not even for research or agriculture, someone is usingmoney i earned to raise a pig.

I mean they're doing other stuff with it, but this pig business is the thing that stuck out with me. That and researching what birds do when they drink coffee
>>
>>23658131
1. get a job for records. 2. >>23658129
>>
>>23658129
You don't have to file. But if you want people to take you seriously (housing, financing, etc.) You need a proper source of income that can be tracked or recorded. Not sure if prostitutes have a tax form that they can fill out.
>>
>>23658142
do I have to pay taxes if I have no official job? that would really suck

I am a bit of an airhead and I live with a guy who handles all the bills and I do everything he wants of me and more :3

it would actually be really cool to learn some real life taxing and financial stuff
>>
>>23658149
Maybe /biz/ can help you. I just know how to file my taxes as a single male with one job, no dependants, and no properties to claim.

I'm just thankful I'm getting money.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.