[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /soc/ go to conventions like anime or comic cons? Ever hook
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 3
File: Animazement-2014.jpg (80 KB, 820x615) Image search: [Google]
Animazement-2014.jpg
80 KB, 820x615
Does /soc/ go to conventions like anime or comic cons? Ever hook up with someone there? Are you going to a con later this year and looking for a hook up? Let's discuss it!
>>
We've tried having "Lewd Convention Stories" thread over on /cgl/ but they get their undies in a knot over it so I'm bringing it over to /soc/
>>
never have, but i would be interested in going to one
>>
Go to, yes, I've been through a few different events only just casually though, no hard core cos play or super Fandom or anything. Hookup at? You'll need a place near the event and be social when late night events roll around. I've always left and gone back wherever a few miles away, so I've never got to experience the night life. San Diego comic con for instance, holy good god, super attractive nerds of all genders, with a fun atmosphere, would a million times over recommend to anyone, crowds are insane though so be prepared.
>>
I literally met all of my closest friends an anime convention.

>flash back

It was my first big convention (3,000+?) and I had brought two friends of mine, only to get ditched as soon as we walk in the door.
I spend the day wandering around and I eventually find someone to chill with and share my weed with and she, K, introduces me to her roommate, E.
The first time I laid eyes on E he was in the gaming room playing Rockband and he looked so fucking cool I woulda sucked his dick roght fucking there.
I didn't though.
>Yet.
Later that evening while everyone was at the rave we snuck off and went to the hotel stairwell, and fucked against the roof access door.
He has a thing for skirts (who doesn't?) and I HAPPENED to be wearing one.
>Now we're lifelong friends.
The end.
>>
Might try going to one. Could be fun.
>>
Been going to cons for 16 years now. Never really had a hookup at one, I've met girls that I slept with later and met girlfriends there, but never done a one night con stand.

Honestly, I'd love to do a con hookup. It's been almost 3 years since I broke up with my fiance and the most female contact I've had since then was making out with some random girl while rolling at AX last year. (Which probably could've turned out in a hookup, actually, if my fucking friends hadn't shown up with a dramafest at just the right time.)

I guess I'll keep an eye on this thread and see what I'm missing out on.
>>
Yep. I've been going to SDCC since I was a kid, and AX/Wonder-Con for the last few years. I love it. Started cosplaying a few years back.
>>
I frequent anime cons as well, usually ones in California when I can afford it. I've done Anime Expo, ALA (great con for hooking up and getting wild) and in a few weeks I'll be going to Fanime.
>>
>>23658872
Cool, me too. You familiar with downtown?
>>
>>23658872
I always hear about ALA hookups, but I don't actually know anybody who's had one, and I rarely see opportunities.

I'm curious, how does it usually go down there? Am I going to the wrong parties, or is just a matter of approaching random people in the public areas at night? It seems like every time I meet a girl that I "click" with enough to consider making a move, she turns out to have a BF.

Maybe some of that is the fact that I'm older (29), and pretty much everybody I hang out with is in some form of LTR or is a forever alone neckbeard, though. I had the horrible realization at the last ALA that I was in a room party with around 30 people, and was the only single person in the room.

Oh, and I'm an LA local and will be at AX this year, but sadly no Fanime thanks to the room booking bullshit.
>>
I havent been able to afford to go to one in years, fucking college, but I've been to quite a few in my late high school/early college years. Never really thought to hook up, namely because I was underage b&, but also because I was always with friends and that would be awkward. I turn 21 in a few weeks here, I'm a little salty all the convention scenes have died around my hometown, and the only ones left are during the school year. Hell theres one RIGHT IN MY FUCKING HOMETOWN for the first time in my life so I wouldn't have to pay out the goddamn ass for a hotel room, but it's the weekend before fucking finals.
Regardless, now that I'm legal and am soon to be legal to drink, I'd consider it if the dude wasn't too weeby or neckbeardy. But i mean, I'm usually running around dressed as Waldo so I'm probably not attracting much attention anyways.
>>
>>23658881
I've been a few times but I currently live in AZ. Arizona kinda sucks so I save up and go to the better cons in California.

>>23658916
ALA was especially wild this year. Sadly I missed out but I loved hearing all the crazy stories from my friends. Part of the reason why I made this thread is because I love hearing about all the wild shit that goes on behind closed doors at cons. Plus the salty seagulls get kinda uppity about these types of threads and figured /soc/ was a more appropriate place for it.
>>
I fucked a girl who was dressed as Kuvira from Legend of Korra at Glascow CC last year. We went her hotel and it turns out she was into choking and really submissive. Kind of the opposite of her character, lol
>>
>>23659038
Saturday night was pretty crazy, I guess. I missed most of it, sadly - I'm a photog and had a shoot that ran until almost midnight, and was dead beat after it.

That said, I've been pretty damn disappointed with ALA parties the last few years. Maybe I'm just going to the wrong ones, but they always seem to be like 40 dudes and only two girls stuffed into a room, and only one of those girls is single.

I'm kinda keeping an eye on this thread because I'm pretty curious how people pull the whole con hookup thing off, as other than one friend who banged a lot of nasty girls while drunk off his ass I've never really seen much of it happen. In my group it's always just been like a musical chairs game of dating, instead of con ONS kind of shit.
>>
any actual examples/stories of the stuff you've heard from this ALA?
>>
>>23659191
All I saw was the huge downstairs party at the Rad, and then a lot of people in the halls that night. Friends of mine were at room parties but I was too beat.

I didn't see any sign that anybody was successfully hooking up at the big downstairs thing, though, and my friends said the parties were mostly sausagefests.
>>
>>23659129
>>23659191
I'm on my phone so I can't type out as much as I'd like but here are some quick tips I can give for success at con hook ups.
>have a diverse social circle
Talk to as many people as you can. Cons are social events and I find that people have an easier time approaching strangers here because talking about cosplay or a series you both like (if they are wearing merch or a shirt) it's a good ice breaker.
>have a hotel room
That way if things are going well you have a place to go. If you need to room with others, try to max at 4 people. If you have 8+ in a room that's a mess and difficult to ask them ALL to leave the room while you hook up.
>hygiene
For the love of God please shower, brush your teeth and observe good personal grooming habits
>Avoid excessive drug/alcohol
Meeting people at parties and some drinking is normal at these things, but don't bring back a black out drunk person, that's a little rapey. I wish I didn't have to say don't roofie anyone but it's still happening so DONT DO THAT. Use good judgement, have common sense and make sure you're getting consent
>check your partner's age
You'd be surprised how many jailbaits try to wriggle their way into these parties. Double check so you don't end up in hot water later.
>>
>>23659410
Haha, I wouldn't be surprised at all actually, I was one of those jailbaits long ago.

The rest is pretty much just common sense, IMO. Maybe I'm just too old, I feel creepy going after 19 year olds and most of the older girls are in relationships.
>>
Bump because I don't want this thread to die so soon.
>>
Sakura con this year I tried to be more social and actually danced at the rave and hung out with this cute gender queer person.
I dont usually try to hook up so I spilled some spaghetti when they asked if I was coming back to the hotel room. Turned out to be good because they already had like 7 people trying to sleep there and they didnt want any cis people over night. Slept in my car
>>
actually had an amazing hookup in london at the doctor who 50th anniversary convention, if only i'd got his name :p
>>
>>23660600
>cute gender queer person
>they
>cis

God, I have no fucking clue what half this shit even means anymore. Is this what getting old is like?

Wait, actually I do kind of get it, I know somebody who used to be an incredibly cute girl who's now an incredibly cute "they."
>>
>>23660648
Yeah its not a big deal to me and I find all the differences interesting. They were cute and nice so I went with it. Didnt hook up but had a better time
>>
This will be year 11 for me at ACen. So many good times, it's an annual party for my local friends and people that come to Chicago. So much has changed over the years but I always manage to have a good time.

10/10 could nostolgia all night long.

On that note if any of you are going to ACen I will buy you a drink.
>>
I was a wrestlecon in Dallas. Marty Jannetty is a mess. No hookup (married). I go to one or two business conventions each year, which is like a con, except everyone cosplays as generic business people.
>>
>>23661798

>omw to cosplay as a generic business person right now. -.-
>>
>>23661787
Im going to acen! Will be first time going to a con and looking forward to it.
>>
>>23657310
Do these things ever happen in the Midwest?
>>
>>23661787
Misread the thread, my apologies. In my 10 years going to cons I've only hooked up twice. Both times it was with people I've known outside of the con and it was used as an opportunity to get together. I'm not really one for one night stands.
>>
I remember Mikuslut, the con queen. I wonder what happened to her.
>>
>>23661805
Are you cosplaying at all? Also if it's your first year I hope you're staying in the Hyatt, makes for a better con experience.
>>
>>23661809
There are a ton of Midwest cons. ACen, Anime North, Otakon, C2E2, the half dozen other comicons. The midwest is collectively better than the west coast in terms of number of conventions.
>>
>>23661893
Really? I guess I just haven't been paying attention. I wouldn't mind going to one, I have a few friends I know I would be interested, but I'm not huge into cosplay.
>>
>>23657310
I go to about 4 or 5 cons a year, tried to hook up with 2 dudes, neither seemed interested. But that's okay, maybe it wasn't meant to be.
>>
>>23657310
going to anime convention next week.
First time there not sure what to expect, would love to get some cosplay pussy tho.
>>
>>23662143
trap/tranny?
>>
>>23662413
No? Why does every automatically assume everyone is either a trap or a tranny?
>>
Anyone going to A-kon? I'm gonna attempt Impossible Difficulty Hookup: No hotel room, virgin, haven't been in a relationship or had a date in over a year. Ambition is my addiction.
>>
>>23662481
I didn't really assume that was going to say if you're a girl and try to sex people at an anime convention they're probably just too shy/nervous

I would think 1 of the 5 guys would want to fuck, they might just be 2 nervous
>>
>>23662489
Yeah, understandable
Most people don't really wanna fuck at conventions, it takes too long to get out of elaborate cosplays to be honest
>>
>>23662502
Gonna go to my first one next week so I wouldnt know.
Only problem other than being a bit shy Id have against it is im going with some friends and we're all sharing a room so Id have to get another room or something.

>not making love with cosplay on
>>
>>23662513
Also
>a good majority of female cosplayers, cosplay guys

But yeah, most people aren't at cons to fuck. They go to hang out with friends, show off their stuff, do photoshoots, and spend a ton of money on merch
>>
>>23659038

Im in AZ too, Just moved here a year ago.

I was thinking about going to the comicon in Phoenix, what sucks about it?
>>
>>23662661
I'm more of an anime girl myself so there isn't a ton there for me since I'm not really into western nerd media. Badges are pretty expensive and its hot as fuck because its Phoenix in June. It also gets pretty crowded, last year it had over 70k attendees and it will probably keep growing. They did open more of the convention center so people have more room to move around and conveniently get to places.
I'd say give it a go, if you can only go one day go on Friday or Saturday. Some people love it, some don't.

I know I just sat here and complained about not enough animu but I dropped almost $200 in the dealers hall on weeb shit. Just fuck my shit up.
>>
>>23662695
LOL @ hot as fuck. I can agree, Summer in AZ can be disgustingly hot.

Interesting points. I've been to Boston Anime a couple times but never a comicon for some of the reasons you pointed out. I might give it a shot.

BTW I've been slacking latley, any anime suggestions?
>>
>>23662737
I've been lacking a little bit too but tell me a few that you like and maybe I can help point you in the direction of something you might like.
>>
>>23662738
My fav is prob samurai champloo. I also like S.A.O and even tho it was cliche i liked highschool of the dead
>>
>>23662752
Have you watched Kill la Kill or Food Wars yet?
>>
>>23662760
HAHA kill la kill is next on my list

Food Wars is new to me. Ill check it out.
>>
>>23662771
If you like intense battles with some ecchi anime tiddy thrown into the mix then I highly recommend those two. They're both really fun to watch.
>>
>>23661787
Hm, I might have to see if I can make it to ACen. Normally I'd be doing Fanime, but the hotel booking situation fucked me over and May just doesn't feel right without an out-of-town con. I have some friends who live in Chicago now too.

>>23662695
I'm the same way, all of my friends go to comic shit but there's not much for me there, aside from a bit of vidya and Star Wars. (And I'm pretty burned out on SW.) I was a guest of honor at a few AZ anime cons a few years back, Taiyou and whatever that one in Tuscon is called, and they were kinda fun.
>>
I went to anime Japan 2016. I could't really talk to anyone since I don't know Jap
>>
>>23661853
Nah im not a cosplayer. Maybe one year I could try it but I just wanna enjoy the atmosphere. Dont know the hotel name though it will be within 5 minute walking distance.
>>
>>23657310

Going to pax east this saturday with my gf. Will probably try to bang somewhere public at some point.
>>
>>23663274
i hear you man, Disney over saturated us with Star Wars, I even once saw a Darth Vader toaster haha

>>23662841
awesome, sounds like my kinda show. Hey if you have instagram follow me, you can check out my Boston Anime pics if you want. SN:blvn
>>
File: 1460237147041.png (244 KB, 348x546) Image search: [Google]
1460237147041.png
244 KB, 348x546
>probably will run into some faces from my high school days
>they still watch the same shonen shit several years ago
>still faggots
>probably in debt
>probably neet
>still permavirgins
>miserable
>mfw
>>
>>23661798
Kek
>>
File: gamergf.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2592) Image search: [Google]
gamergf.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2592
>>
been 2 a comic convention, not specifically the well known one, was cringey as fuck
>>
>>23663274
>I was a guest of honor at a few AZ anime cons a few years back
Who are you if you don't mind my asking. If not, were you a cosplay guest or something?
>>
I've been tons of conventions but honestly I have no idea how people hook up. Or even tell someone is interested at all since I'm

It sucks because I go to all these gaming and comic conventions and I'm at least in better physical condition than most of the guys who aren't cosplaying.
>>
I'll be monitoring this thread since I'm going to Animenext this coming June. How would you usually find out about the parties and such? Word of mouth? Flyers?
>>
Yes but i dont think anyone at cons in my part of australia is looking to hook up
>>
Being a relatively fit guy who can't even get girls at cons over guys in worse shape feels really bad man and I don't get what I'm wrong. I can't even get people to speak to me at all unless they have to.

I'm not even lacking self esteem or confidence. Just literally nothing I do seems to work at all and I'm at a loss for understanding these interactions.
>>
>>23667896
for me its i dont know how to tell whos interested
>>
Last time I went to a con I paid a chick who was a very convincing night elf 300 bucks to fuck me

best 300 bucks I ever spent
>>
>>23667873
How I've done it in the past is to check out /cgl/ and see if they have a thread for the con you're going to. Arrange a meet up there and network. Talk to them and if you're chill they'll tell you where the party is at. This is usually how it works at California/west coast cons.
>>
Anybody going to PAX east this weekend???
>>
Dunno if there's anyone going to Megacon in Florida next month. I'll be there. Your average fem cosplayer.
>>
>>23667916

this is a total fantasy of mine. would love to fuck a girl in costume at a con. live in NYC, too, so there's NY-Comicon and big apple con...

how'd you meet/end up arranging this?
>>
>>23668563
good piece of advice. thanks bruh
>>
>>23669709
I live in Australia so prostitution is legal, so I have that on my side

Basically we started talking about the cost of her outfit and she talked about how it was way more expensive than it looked, what with the body paint and all, so I offered to help her with the costs

Also I think being DOUK NOUKEM helped, even if i was a less muscled more fat DOUK NOUKEM
>>
Colossalcon in Sandusky is a lot of fun. Went for the first time last year.
>>
>>23658617
>Yep. I've been going to SDCC since I was a kid, and AX/Wonder-Con for the last few years. I love it. Started cosplaying a few years back.

Did you go to this year's LA Wondercon? It was pretty fun.
>>
>>23666573
My ex-GF was a cosplay guest, so technically she was the real GoH and not me, but I got the badge and perks and all of that stuff.

>>23667896
Same here, man. The only ones I've gotten were flukes, girls I met socially and who stuff developed with down the line. I've never been able to make anything happen on purpose at cons.

I have a lot of pretty "Chad" friends and a few of them have tried to come to cons and "show me how it's done" or whatever, and they leave just as frustrated and confused as I do.

There's also the issue that for whatever reason, girls at cons really really love to flirt all evening and then reveal at the last minute that they have a non-nerd BF who doesn't come to cons with them.
>>
Anyone going to Momo con?
>>
Going everywhere day and time pls
>>
I go to MegaCon every year and have been for 6 years. It's absolutely amazing going since it's really like no other place. I've never hooked up with someone but one year I actually made a friend. I'm going later this year, but not for a hook up. Just to go and see everyone's costumes and look at all the booths and stuff I want to buy and probably shouldn't (like the food). I hope to see some people of /soc/ this year! If you plan on going, shoot me a message on Kik so we can meet up or something. I'd be down to have a 4chan chill at MegaCon.

Kik: blooming.eyes
>>
>>23669254
Heyyo~! I'll be there as well!
>>
>>23670287
Well I think the problem your "Chad" friends might be running into is they don't actually have what girls at cons are looking for. I knew one guy has been with over a hundred girls since he started working out 4 years ago(and prior to that had been with literally 1) and he went with me to a con once. He enjoys nerdy things but since he became a bro douche whose life is edm shows and lifting he has been very casual about anything remotely nerdy. So to girls at a con he just came off totally fake. It takes more than being good looking sometimes. I've seen him get rejected by a dozen women in the same day and he's really tall and muscular and considered to be generally attractive.

Of course I've never been with a girl at all. So I really don't have the faintest clue how any of this beyond what other guys or women tell me works.

I can't really relate to your experience with the "last minute non-nerd bf" since all the women I know who frequent cons either go with who they are dating or are single.Sans a couple in open relationships. I've had some of them try to help me out with getting girls at or outside of cons but they usually get frustrated and tell me I just shouldn't worry about it for some reason.
>>
>>23672197
Keep a look out for a Rikka Takanashi's cosplayer giving out cookies <3
>>
I've been once in a convention with two metalhead friends, to meet with another friend and his FFXI guild. We got drunk quite early, embarassed the FFXI friend in front of his guild and took a lot of pics with cosplayers (but didn't annoy those). Then we got to a japanese restaurant, had more drink, annoyed the FFXI guy even more in front of his guild (and we tried to drunkenly hook him up with an engaged girl he had a crush on) and I don't remember much after this.

I woke up the following morning at one of the metalhead, in my boxer shorts. The rest of my clothes was in the basket of a cyclocity bike which was mysteriously in the flat.

It ended well for the FFXI friend tho, he finally got together with his crush, but for an unknown reason she doesn't want to see us or him to hang around with us. Go figure..
>>
>>23662484
I'm going to A-Kon. Not looking to hook up though since I'll be with my girlfriend. We've been wanting to find people to hang out with though, since we don't really know anybody else that's as into anime as we are that would go. All our friends suck.

Maybe we can go grab a drink or something.
>>
>>23672869
"unknown reason"

Want to bet it has something to do with the fact she was engaged?
>>
>>23672813
I'll keep an eye out and see you there~! <3
>>
>>23665737
Fucker
>>
Any of you guys going to AX this year? I'm on the wrong end of the country for most of the cons mentioned here.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.