[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Close call thread: Post your narrow escapes from death I'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
Close call thread: Post your narrow escapes from death

I'll start...

When I was in high school, I was part of a Boy Scout troop. During the summer, we'd have a 2-week trip to various locations. This time, we went to the Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico. This is where members of our troop over the age of 13 who chose to go embarked on a long hike through the wilderness. Through valleys, across fields, over mountains... Our hikes averaged about 7 miles per day across 11 days, though some troops traveled even further. That in and of itself doesn't sound that bad until you realize that you're carrying a 60+ lb backpack with limited amounts of food and water where bears, mountain lions, and chipmunks (or mini bears) actively lurk for the scent of human souls and opened bags of beef jerky. Truly a test of one's physical and mental fortitude.

On the 7th day, we ended up hiking on the edge of a steep mountainside valley. We're talking over a 100 ft or so drop. Remember the chipmunks I told you about? They're called mini-bears because they'll eat anything they can get their paws on! Apparently, the ones in this area were a little too friendly, as people had been feeding them prior. During our lunch break, me and several other troop members went out on one of the rock cliffs to take some pictures.

[Cont.]
>>
>>23639637
While I was trying to get a good shot of the scenery, a chipmunk began crawling up my leg! I dismissed it as the wind at first, since we were over 12,000 ft in elevation, and the gusts were so strong that they caused our leader's hat to fly off not too long before that. As soon as I looked away from my camera, the little monster was on my left shoulder, its empty, beady eyes mere millimeters away from my face. Being the skittish prick I am, I reeled around wildly to get it off, and ended up falling off of the cliff in the process!

... Or so I thought. Two of my troop members had a hold of me as I was dangling from the edge; one had a hold of my shirt while the other managed to grab my right arm. After they pulled me up, they said that they knew how easily startled I was and anticipated that something bad might happen, but they wanted to take the rare opportunity to snap a picture of the chipmunk crawling on me.

I wouldn't be alive today if it wasn't for their quick actions, and for the fact that I was a 115 lb mini-man (and still am 6 years later to this very day). Perhaps the mini-bear saw some sort of kinship with me? Either way, I hope it fell off the cliff and hit its head on the way down.
>>
One time, I drank a whole bottle of wine in the bathtub. It was a mint green bubble bath. I got really drunk. Nothing bad happened. But I'm sure something could have.
oooOOOOOoooooOOOOOooooooo
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 540x960
>>
Closest was probably me sticking a nail into an electric outlet when I was 1 year old. I survived with 50/50 odds.
>>
>4 years old, fall in swimming pool and nearly drown, saved by father. now lifelong fear of water
>17 years old, abusive family and diagnosed major depressive disorder, feeling suicidal, insomnia, going for a run at 3am, usually no cars about so im careless, running in the road, truck comes out of nowhere, just misses me, never felt so alive
>20, another late night run, still depressed, living in shitty neighbourhood, get mugged, too tired for this shit, refused to give them my wallet, was curious what they would do, get stabbed, ambulance picks me up laughing my head off, it felt even better than the near car crash

since then I've been bored of life, waiting for something like that to happen again. there is something very addictive about the adrenaline high from near death
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.