[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you hate about /soc/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (184 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184 KB, 1200x1200
What do you hate about /soc/?
>>
>>23624874
There's too many coloured folk.
>>
brandon
>>
Desperate betas who kiss every single girls ass on this board, even the most fat and disgusting women are considered goddesses
>>
all the shitty repeat threads

>>23624954
kinda this

I don't even bother posting myself most of the time because really, it just doesn't matter. I could be model tier or a fat chick with a busted face, I'd still get guys telling me the same thing, a compliment doesn't mean anything at that point
>>
>>23624878
Or too many white folks here and too many dick threads
>>
>>23624874
Not enough cock rating threads
>>
File: 2b.png (348 KB, 401x401) Image search: [Google]
2b.png
348 KB, 401x401
>>23624874
The board is used by the same people over-and-fucking-over again in the rate threads, which flat-out doesn't make sense unless you're guarantied 10/10. All other threads are for meetups or generic camwhoring. The place's real problem is a distinct lack of trolls, despite it's being the most obvious target on the site, since /mlp/ eventually got old.
Also I feel like I'll be banned for commending trolling, which in-and-of-itself is a fucking problem.
>>
>>23625577
You're right, meh still posts, why haven't we trolled this faggot to extinction already?
>>
I can't automatically get laid from it
>>
>>23624874
Unpopular opinion incoming!
The assumptions people make about women in general (all women like _____, women only want _____, women are all ______, etc. LET THEM SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.) The shallowness. The casual sexism/racism. The "alpha/beta" bullshit. The worshipping of Elliot Rodger. This is just the tip of the iceburg.

>>23625577
There totally is trolling. Too much of it honestly. Where have you been?
>>
>>23627354
Nothing better than shitposting. At least, not that I've seen, and I've spent my fair share of time on here.
>>
you
>>
>>23627764
No personalities. Nothing to engage with when starting a conversation. Plus this>>23624954
>>
>>23624874

The general degeneracy.
>>
File: thisnigga.jpg (16 KB, 186x221) Image search: [Google]
thisnigga.jpg
16 KB, 186x221
>>23629297
What he said.
>>
I hate people ruining cam threads.
I also hate that the lewd isn't contained. For example in the short hair, long hair or glasses girl threads people will start asking dirty questions and trying to get the girls naked, fucking stop.
I hate the virgin threads - same dozen guys every time, one girl gets 20 Skype names thrown at her.
I hate trying to find friends. Going through even clean contact threads 90% of the guys don't answer guys and the girls are too busy with 50 ads anyway.
And having to scroll through pages of penises.
>>
>multiple dick rate threads
>multiple boy butt threads
>multiple trap threads
>people can't hold a conversation
>people being too stuck up
>anything else mentioned in this thread
>>
File: naked1_1898004a.jpg (52 KB, 620x490) Image search: [Google]
naked1_1898004a.jpg
52 KB, 620x490
>>23624874
too many of the same rate thread.

why do faggot itt want /soc/ to be a cross bewteen /r9k/ and /b/?
>>
never any PA threads
>>
>>23625577
that whole para sounded so much like filthyfrank. I literally read the para in his voice unconsciously
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 640x867) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 640x867
Hate:
-kik/skype/snap threads
-ohio/ny/canada/etc threads
-threads with nudes like chubby girls, breast threads, butt, dick, vag etc
-discussion threads
-music/film threads
>>
>beta faggots that lick every girls ass
>multiple social media contact threads
>multiple multiple multiple multiple dick rate threads
>>
can't stand when people start getting hostile and chase camwhores off. it's just a bit of fun you absolute faggots.

excessive ass kissing is annoying too though
>>
Astute scientific observation of /soc/ friend threads:

Around 80% of the posters seem to be some form of emasculated, thirsty dudes with social skills of a wet mop, while 10% consist of entitled females with entirely superficial interests around which the mentioned males flock.

The women receive ten to twenty times more adds than men, resulting in them often getting 8-10 messages the moment they pop online. This will also mean women will find it hard to juggle all the conversation, probably growing complacent as fuck in responding since they don't ever need to lead conversation (it will land into their laps automatically) and will actually realise they've gained fuck-all from these hundreds of contacts. Lamenting the lack of substantive conversation (since it takes two to tango motherfucker), they'll then add more and more people to their already bloated contact lists and repeat the process.

The thirsty men, unsatisfied with women not leading conversation will then proceed to complain to other men about how unresponsive women are and how they can't seem to find a nice person to chat to (they'll say person, even though few actually add other dudes, instead mostly padding their lists with females). Again, not thinking with the big head, they'll add more girls hoping to find a qt 3.14 to talk to them. Rinse repeat rinse repeat rinse goddamn repeat

As a fortunate aside however I've left like 1/10 of people outside the thirsty pool, as these are coolguys and normal women who usually latch onto each other because of one specific interest that they actually care about and might actually evolve into friends, at some point.
>>
File: IMG_20160411_170622.jpg (529 KB, 1039x1994) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160411_170622.jpg
529 KB, 1039x1994
>>23625590
Because I am god you can not troll god
>>
>>23629297
This.

The fact that cancerous fucktards continue to try to turn this into a sex board rather than a cams/meetups board.
>dick rate threads >>>/trash/
>"boy butt" threads >>>/trash/
>sex-related questions threads >>>/adv/
>cuck threads >>>/b/
etc
>>
I like how unmoderated the board is, but >>23633598 has a point. Maybe it's time to prune?

I'm the last person to call for moderation.
>>
>>23633612
Agreed. On most boards I generally want minimal moderation, but /soc/ is the exception. Everyone that makes these shit-tier threads should be given at minimum a 2 month ban. Normally off-topic threads should be warning or several day ban, but in this case, to purge the fucking cancerous degeneracy from /soc/, I think much more drastic measures are needed. Otherwise they just come back.

/soc/ is for CAMS AND MEETUPS, not fucking sexual shit.
>>
>>23633629
Youre forgetting how easy it is for someone to ban evade. If youre on a mobile network, resetting your phone and clearing cache will get you a new ip address. You can even create multiple ID's if you reset thr mobile hotspot button

I agree with you, its too easy for trolls to harass users this way
>>
>>23633652
Who honestly gives a fuck a bout ids? Christ.

Serious moderation until the ecosystem stabilizes is needed.
>>
>>23633652
Ban evasion is easy, but most of the people posting the shit-tier threads on /soc/ are incompetent dumbasses who probably don't know how. Long bans will at least keep some of them away (the ones with static IPs).

Either way, even if people do evade bans, as long as mods keep handing out bans and deleting threads, eventually they'll get tired of creating the cancerous threads only to have it deleted right away and have to restart their phone before they can post again.
>>
>>23633677
>Who honestly gives a fuck a bout ids? Christ.
Pretty sure he only mentioned that to draw attention to the fact that ban evasion is easy.

Sure, ban evasion is easy, but that doesn't mean the mods should just let /soc/ go to shit.

>Serious moderation until the ecosystem stabilizes is needed.
Agreed. I think there should also be a complete ban on dick rate threads, ass rate threads, etc. The "cams" part of /soc/ is for anons to post pics of THEMSELVES, not their genitals. Nude rate thread? Sure, go ahead. Meetup and fuck thread? Sure, go ahead. But a thread focused specifically on posting pics of dicks, or on asking stupid sexual questions that belong on >>>/adv/? Hunt those faggots down and hang them.
>>
>>23633680
>>23633692
Well said. I agree and hope others agree too.
>>
>>23633680
Youre underestimating how much people no life on here to stalk and harass others. Example, whether or not the person in question is legit or not, but its been happening for 2 years now with the same style.
>>
File: dale b.jpg (173 KB, 1331x851) Image search: [Google]
dale b.jpg
173 KB, 1331x851
>>23633745
Pic related
>>
>>23633745
What does that have to do with anything? My whole point is to get rid of the cancerous dick rate threads, cuck threads, sex questions threads, etc. Not to get rid of the stalkers. I'm aware that it would be much more difficult to get rid of them.
>>
>>23633598
Moot talked about this awhile ago mods are pretty much just going to let this board create it's own culture no matter how shifty and toxic it is this is the containment board after all
>>
>>23633776
It's a containment board but that doesn't mean it should be allowed to go to absolute shit. And moot isn't even here anymore. Maybe Hiro can be persuaded to take action. Fuck, I'd love to be a /soc/ mod. I know mods are global and janitors are board specific, but make an exception for /soc/. I'll purge all the cancer and make sure those faggots stay away for a good long time.
>>
>>23633828
Your cancer is another man's gold and vice versa this board has been and always will be shit for some reason or another for that reason
My advice just learn to enjoy it for what it is and use filters cause its definetly not getting any better and has been going down hill for 4yrs now but the mods are at least seem to do something these days
>>
all rate threads
>>
If this /soc/ can't be saved, new /soc/ is needed with new enforced philosophy. Let this place rot.
>>
>>23633955
A totalitarian soc would be nice but I highly doubt any anon who frequents this board and is willing to put forth the effort to create a new chan would be able to rule without autism that and the traffic would be extremely low
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.