[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teatime friends! How are you guys tonight? Good things going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 20
File: IMG_20160325_120716.jpg (780 KB, 1920x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160325_120716.jpg
780 KB, 1920x1920
Teatime friends!

How are you guys tonight? Good things going on in life? Bad things? Talk to me and tell me all about it.
>>
>>23624712
I like your kettle, a lot.

I'm having a coca cola and looking at some of the movies and games i purchased this weekend trying to decide what to play or watch.

Also, I'm in a pretty remarkable amount of pain from some health issues and waiting for my tends to really kick in.
>>
File: 1446088245456.jpg (19 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
1446088245456.jpg
19 KB, 500x377
I've got so many papers to write but I cannot be assed to do any of them.
idk about anything in life anymore, feels like I'm just going through the motions, taking day by day and just getting through it for the sake of getting through it.
>Captcha: select the tea
>kekd a little
>>
>>23624724
*waiting for my meds to really kick in.
>>
>>23624724
Haha, well thank you. It's actually not mine though. I mean it's in my house, but it's someone else's. It's super nice though, but I've been meaning to get my own to be honest.

What did you get?

Is it okay for me to ask what exactly are your health issues?

>>23624728
I can 100% relate, while I don't feel like that anymore, I've had some impressively defining lifestyle changes in the last year and things have actually gotten better. It seems that you just need some positive change in your life. But tell me more, is there anything in particular that's got you down?
>>
>>23624733
Why are those your only options?
>>
>>23624744
Eh, combination of soul crushing loneliness of having social autism in college, and the stereotypical panic that comes to literally every fucking college kid as they near the end of their degrees and realize they have to be a real person with real responsibilities soon. I know I'm nothing special and just expereincing what literally every other person experiences.
Idk if my major is even what I want to do anymore, but I'm in too deep now and just gotta roll with it. I'm scared my time to find a long term partner is running out and will face the dreaded "dating in my 30's" phase while everyone else I know is marrying their bf/gf of 6 years.
>>
File: haulll.jpg (91 KB, 721x541) Image search: [Google]
haulll.jpg
91 KB, 721x541
>>23624744
>What did you get?
pic related

>what exactly are your health issues?
chronic pancreatitis, non-viral hepatitis, peptic ulcer, lingering effects from a bout of hepatic encephalopathy, muscle loss and general weakness from a long hospital stay

>>23624781
I'm sorry you're having a rough time but I know that at least in my case I didn't even really start enjoying life until I was like 28. I'm 32 now and pretty content despite the health problems.
>>
>>23624781
It seems to me that maybe you need to experiment with being denied. I mean if you're out and about and you see someone you might want to talk to why don't you just approach them? I mean what's the worst that can happen? They don't want to talk to you? I think that maybe you need to go through trial and error and learn that you're not made of glass and that denial really isn't that big of a deal.

The major is a tough thing, but I can understand. I mean I'm 28 and I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up. But your job or degree doesn't have to define you. If you're decent at it just do it. There are greater things in your life than an occupation.

What are you doing about dating? How are you trying to meet people?
>>
>>23624793
Blegh I know. It just sucks. Literally all I'm living for right now is that magical hope that it'll just work itself out eventually. It's how I deal with it all, I pick something to "look forward to" saying "when that happens, everything will get better" and when that thing comes and passes and nothing changes I pick another thing to "look forward to".
Right now the current delusion is my upcoming 21st birthday. "When I can go to the bars, socializing with my peers will be easier". Idk what delusion I'm gonna cling to next after that doesn't work.
>>
>>23624793
I have bios hock but haven't played it much, my brother was a big fan of fable. They both seem good.

Those seem tough, I'm sorry to hear. Don't let it get you down though, are you allowed to do any sort of physical activity? What can you do about the general weakness?
>>
File: 1460250087718.jpg (66 KB, 568x222) Image search: [Google]
1460250087718.jpg
66 KB, 568x222
I just don't know anymore
>>
>>23624820
Its crippling though man, my issue isn't so much of being rejected, it's because I'm hyper conscious of "bothering someone".
I don't wanna bug anyone, so I just assume nobody wants to be talked to unless they make the initial effort. I'm actually rather functional after that, I'm just paralyzed by the idea of bugging someone who doesn't want to be bugged. Literally paralyzed too. Not kidding or exaggerating, I physically cannot move I work myself up so much.
It just scares me because I grew up listening to my dad come home, every single day of his life, saying how much he hates his job. I never wanted to live like that, I don't wanna hate the thing I do every freaking day for 9-12 hours a day. What's the point of living if you hate 50% of it?
As for dating, I'm trying in some aspects. I thought online dating would help, since I could break the ice without the physical confrontation but I've just found it to be awkward. Almost like an uncanny valley effect kind of feeling idk. Meeting up with someone for the first time with the sole intention of dating just feels so unnatural and forced to me. I feel like you're supposed to meet someone organically and grow from there. But the bigger obstacle is finding someone in their 20's that actually wants to date. Short, fast hook ups are all anyone can muster anymore these days. Which I don't blame them, who knows where anyones gonna be after graduation. Nobody wants to commit to anything at this stage in the game.
>>
File: didney worl.jpg (93 KB, 780x585) Image search: [Google]
didney worl.jpg
93 KB, 780x585
I also got these over the weekend.

>>23624821
>Idk what delusion I'm gonna cling to next after that doesn't work.

kinda sounds like you've already made up your mind that things are going to be terrible. maybe you shouldn't focus so much on what could go wrong in the future and just try to enjoy your life one moment at a time.

Finding pleasure in small things is tremendously underrated. A long hot shower followed by a careful, close shave. Learning how to cook or build things, taking the time to practice useful skills. Listening to a great song...

>>23624831
>are you allowed to do any sort of physical activity? What can you do about the general weakness?

unfortunately I can't do much more than walk about a mile every day and stretch. lifting is a no-go until the swelling in my liver and and pancreas go down.

The general weakness is (very slowly) getting better but it's painful as fuck. I also get extremely cold and shaky.
>>
Tea will keep me up all night, but I've got some white grapejuice. Sitting here waiting for my laundry to finish so I can go to bed. Having my weekly existential crisis where I wonder about my place in the universe and muse on how uncomfortable I am with the idea of stability. Also I've got a weird cramp in my arm.

How are we all tonight?
>>
>>23624865
Like what? Tell me something...

>>23624868
I can't say I understand, because I don't. But I do know that no one is going to help you but you. It sounds shitty but, that's what I've learned in life. If somethings broken then fix it, if you can't then learn what else you can do, brainstorming, figuring shit out. Life is hard work. I hope you can figure something out. As for dating, there is seven some odd billion people in this world, there is bound to be people looking for what you're looking for.

>>23624870
Stretching sounds good for you, and walking is also really good. Just take it easy, and do what you can. Never push yourself past your limit while you're healing.
>>
>>23624886
I'm well, reading my new book and just relaxing. Tell me about your existential crisis of the week.
>>
Good tea brands? starting to get into tea.
>>
>>23624898
Shit man. I'm just stuck, in stasis. Living in the same room I've been in for 24 years. Can barely get out of bed. Haven't shaved or cut my hair in over 2 years. I kind of like the way I look though.

No job

No love

Just sad
>>
>>23624870
Yeah maybe. I've always had this long standing philosophy of "assume the worst because if you're wrong you're pleasantly surprised but if you're right at least you're prepared and get the satisfaction of being right"
But I know in some aspects this is a self fulfilling prophecy.
I'm just such a planner. I get so incredibly anxious about the unknown, I hate not knowing what to expect. I hate instability. Taking things day by day is so hard on me but it's all I can even do at this point. I go to school, work, do homework, sleep. And occasionally post on 4chan. Thats my daily schedule that keeps me sane but also drives me insane at the same time.
>>23624898
I know man, I've learned I can only rely on myself from a young age. I'm tryin man but the solutions I've found are all just time based. I just gotta sit and wait.
Yeah there's seven billion people on this planet, what are the odds I'll meet that one that fits my criteria and I meet theirs in my lifetime. Not that I have ridiculous standards or anything, but I do have just baseline standards I cannot overlook.
>>
>>23624902
It's very hard to put into words. I feel this deep sense of detachment from the rest of humanity. My only friend is my girlfriend, who I don't even particularly like. I mean, I don't dislike her. She's a perfectly fine human being. I'm just not terribly attached to her. And this is kind of how I feel about everyone ever.

I'm just a grown-up version of some fourteen-year-old girl whining because no one understands her.
>>
>>23624912
You have to set aside time to enjoy and explore life, otherwise you're just a caged animal. I strongly recommend doing something that forces you to interact with new people, especially if it is mildly embarrassing.

Taking oneself too seriously is a sure-fire path to anxiety and unhappiness.

I got involved in a historical reenactment group a few years back and had so much fun dressing up like a freak in public and getting into sword fights that I transitioned into full blown LARPing and the cringe factor is totally worth the pay off of being able to just play with my friends and be silly.
>>
>>23624909
Pukka is decent, stash makes awesome stuff. Twinnings is acceptable and crazy cheap. If you go to David's tea or Teavana they come out with amazing stuff, but someone pricey.

>>23624910
You seem stagnant, what is it you do that you like? What keeps you happy? No love can be a hard thing to deal with, but don't forget, you have to live for yourself and not other people. Having company is good, but that won't complete your life. Maybe you need new everything? A change of pace would be good for you.

>>23624912
The odds are actually in your favor, haha. But maybe you shouldn't look for people that fit your criteria. Maybe you need to experience something that's outside your realm of understanding.

>>23624923
It sounds like you're struggling a little with empathy, do you see mental health professionals? It's not meant as an offense, but possiblyyou need to speak to people and get a better, more fresh perspective on life?
>>
>>23624940
Of course not. I don't even have healthcare. And I'm certainly not mentally ill in any way. It's not like I'm apathetic about them to the point of not caring whether they live or die. I care about people enough to genuinely not want to see them suffer. I just feel infinitely not a part of them. I care about cats and don't want to see them suffer, too, but I am certainly not a cat.
>>
>>23624959
The Healthcare thing is understandable, and a huge road block. But you don't have to be mentally ill to see a psych or counselor. Speaking to people about how you feel and what concerns you is good. Sometimes we struggle with feeling lost or that certain things no longer matter. Like I said, fresh perspectives.
>>
>>23624959
Did you've a strict upbringing where you were taught not to selfpity and to deal with your own?
Cause you sound like me.
I had a girlfriend like a year or so back and for a couple years I didn't really care whether we were together or not. The only time I've really loved another person is when they don't want me.
>>
>>23624970
I'm here, aren't I?

And even then, it's not nearly enough of a crisis to warrant taking that kind of time to fix it. Things matter. I guess. Mattering is all relative anyways. Just because things don't matter to me doesn't mean they don't matter to other people, and that doesn't mean their feeling of mattering is any less legitimate.

Imagine watching cricket. There are some huge cricket fans out there, I'm sure, and to them, cricket is incredibly important. And that's cool. That's their thing, good for them. But I can't for one second bring myself to personally care about cricket. I respect it, but I'm not personally emotionally invested in it. That feeling is how I feel about all of humanity right now.

>>23624974
Just the opposite, really. I feel like I mostly raised myself. My parents were pretty absent from most of my life growing up. What does that mean? Who knows.
>>
>>23624927
ugh I cannot handle embarrassment. I still keep myself up at night over dumb things I said in middle school that I'm 100% certain nobody remembers but me. Idk what it is, even the small mundane stuff makes me cringe so hard I never wanna leave the house. But I'm hoping alcohol will help. Going to the bar, having a drink to ease my discomfort, and maybe chatting with some people.
I do go to conventions when I can afford to. I feel more at ease in those kinds of situations because, well, everyone's doing it. It's not like I'm sticking out or anything, if anything I'm the least cringy person there. But that stems another issue, the few hobbies I do have tend to ironically not attract the kind of people I like. For example, I like anime. But weebs are the most obnoxious cringy fuckers I'll ever meet. And it's just so damn difficult to find the casual anime fan like me, it's mostly all or nothing
>>23624940
Again though I don't have very high standards. All I have are the ones I just cannot give up. I don't mind getting outside my realm, for example one of my only real desires in life is to travel and experience other cultures and ways of life. But as for dating, theres just somethings I can't overlook. I can't date someone I'm not physically attracted to for one, and I cannot date someone that shows basic problem behaviors (EX is a druggie or a criminal), basic standards most people have you know? Its hard to find someone that fits my values that I also fit theirs. It seems the kind of guys I'm interested in aren't interested in me, and theres only so much I can do to remedy that.
>>
>>23624988
Yeah, and I had insanely abusive parents. I got raised by myself in the way I couldn't trust them but constantly got told not to feel sorry for myself.
I get tired of people pretty quickly and I prefer being alone most of the time.
>>
>>23624988
I see what you're saying, but that sort of mental state is not tenable. Don't let it put you on the wrong track.

>>23624991
I hope this isn't a shitty question but are you a male or female? What kind of guys are you generally interested in?
>>
>>23625001
I mean, I definitely think there is a gap in the ability to relate with one another between those with a traditional family upbringing and those without. But both of our issues are far more complicated than that, because we are far from the only two people in the history of the universe to have disappointing parents.

>>23625006
I'm perfectly tenable. Well, I don't know. I guess it depends on how you define tenable. I'm not going to kill myself or anything radical like that, if that's what you're concerned about.
>>
>>23625017
Wasn't trying to determine the cause. Just saw myself in your description and wanted to see if we carried some similar potential factors.
>>
>>23625006
I'm not worried about you killing yourself, just that you may lose yourself, get set off a desired track at some point. But you're the master of your own destiny, just offering my concerns.
>>
File: me25.jpg (30 KB, 406x541) Image search: [Google]
me25.jpg
30 KB, 406x541
hey guys

should I add this picture to my tinder and okcupid?
>>
>>23625025
I'm not sure to what degree we share the same sentiment, though. There are many ways to feel detached, and I'm not convinced I've made mine terribly clear.

>>23625035
I mean, I got set off the desired track a long, long time ago.
I don't even know what the desired track is at this point.
>>
>>23625036
If you want, it's generally better to post photos of yourself that were not taken by you, and photos of you in a group of friends or out doing something active. So if you're lacking those I'd suggest add some.

>>23625046
The desired track is what's best for you, but most times it's not what we'd like to do or even what we'd imagine for ourselves. It's important that it just feels right. But that's a hard thing to come by these days. No rest for the wicked.
>>
File: me24.jpg (66 KB, 526x394) Image search: [Google]
me24.jpg
66 KB, 526x394
>>23625058
>post photos of yourself that were not taken by you

how about this one? I'm worried that I look bit too rough
>>
>>23625069
This is pretty good, better than the first one in my opinion. It's just a perception people get from selfies.
>>
>>23625006
Female. Physically the only real requirement is be thin/average. Don't have to be muscular, it actually would work more against you than for you, just gotta be not fat. Which is admittedly hypocritical coming from the chub/fat chick. I'm working on it, progress is pretty steady. Hoping this time next year I'll meet my goal.
Physical attraction is about 25% of it. Mentally/personality wise, he just has to have an ounce of confidence, (again, hypocritical I know), but I'm incredibly attracted to dominance. Can't have thin skin/can take a joke, preferably ok with dark humor at the least. Basically no sjws, but also not radically on the other end of the spectrum either.
That's all I really require, everything else is just plus or minus I can deal with one way or another. Like I said, don't have ridiculous standards or anything but I think the physical requirement is the hardest to combat. Usually thin guys want thin girls, again, working on it, but it's not changing for the time being. That's kind of what I mean by "people I like tend not to like me" kind of thing.
>>23625058
>>23625036
I will say do not put group photos as your main though, and especially do not have ALL your pictures be group photos. Back when I used tinder this was always a pet peeve of mine, because I didn't want to have to try to figure out which one is you. but that's just me.
>>
>>23625058
I mean, if my primary concern was what was best for me, I would have went to community college and got a degree in finance or something. But life has far too many interesting opportunities that aren't "best" for us.

What feels right? Nothing feels right. Nothing sustainable, at least. Traveling feels right, taking trains and buses and staying at shitty hotels or hostels and wandering around cities I've never been to before. But I can't survive on that alone. It's ironic, really, that being intentionally foreign somehow feels more natural than a regular, every day life at "home."
>>
>>23625083
There are guys out there for you, but you gotta work for it. You have to put yourself out there, sometimes further than you might like, but the rewards are worth it you know?

It's not entirely outside the realm of possibility, but you have to find it. There are jobs out there that offer travel like that. I used to have a friend who was an electrician, that guy was never home. He was gone for 3 months at a time usually working random states and random jobs. That's something that might suit you.
>>
File: 1416660396735.jpg (34 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1416660396735.jpg
34 KB, 320x240
>>23624712
I need some perspective and anything will be appreciated. I posted this in /adv/ but it's a little slow there, so here it goes:

I know these two people from work

They've been dating for more than two years and their relationship is now kinda rocky.

I've known the girl a little longer and she almost cheated on him with me then they were 3 months in, but I stopped her from doing it and part of me regrets ever blowing it like the retard I am.

If they broke up, would it be messed up/unethical/etc if I tried to date her like a few months after their break-up? She's really cool and we've grown a little closer over the years.
>>
>>23625110
The second paragraph was meant for>>23625095
>>
>>23625114
Yeah, but I don't feel at this point in my life I have the opportunity to just up and become an electrician. These things need training, education, and I am saddled by the burdens of the choices I have already made.
>>
>>23625113
This is a touchy subject, I'll just say that it sounds like a bad idea. I mean if you can clear it with the guy then cool, but it seems like it would just cause issues, especially when it's people you work with. But you do you boo, if you think you guys would be compatible, and it'll make you happy. Just do your best to keep the wake down.
>>
>>23625130
I'm not saying up and change your entire life, just research, there's always something like that out there. I know shit tons of people who travel for work doing random things.
>>
File: cardds.jpg (48 KB, 721x541) Image search: [Google]
cardds.jpg
48 KB, 721x541
anyone want a tarot reading?

>>23625141
I've been through a lot of stuff in my life and I can't recall ever hearing about a workplace romance with a happy ending.
>>
>>23625146
Sure why not, hit me.
>>
>>23625110
Yeah, its just rough because I'm not all entirely sure how to "put myself out there" in the place I'm in and in the way I want to. I live in a tiny ass farm town with a college slapped in the middle of it. There aren't any clubs really, unless you like sports, which literally all the "campus events" are either 40 different types of yoga offered all day every day, or SJW lectures to remind you how much of a shitty person you are because you're white. Anyone who's of age goes to the bar, and everyone who's not sits in their dorm room and waits to be of age.
And sure, since I'm a grill all I have to do is poke my head out the door and say "Sex?" and I'm garunteed to get some bites, though from the bottom end of the social ladder with my looks, but I'm not wanting to "put myself out there" in that light, if that makes sense.
I'm just kinda stuck. I wish I had been more selfish and didn't give up part of my college fund to my sister so I could go to a school in a more happening place. I'm so jealous of her in the end because she gets to live in this big city full of young people just like her, while I settled for the shit farm school because it was cheap and I could get my degree anywhere unlike her specific art degree. I just don't really know where to go.
And meeting guys through classes and shit is kinda hard because my degree field is female dominated. Classes are usually a tacofest with the same 1-2 guys per class who are already in relationships (plus aren't attractive to me anyways.)
>>23625113
idk I think its fine, especially after a good buffer period like months later, to make a move. Provided you're not doing anything to actively break them up. If you're muddying the waters on purpose to get them to break up, that's what's scummy. Stay out of their shit, but if they break up on their own and she wants you, go for it. If you really care about the dude tho, I'd check with him on it first.
>>
>>23625172
I'm assuming you've tried online dating? What about the things you like to do? Meeting people with similar interests? What do you do in your free time?
>>
File: socread1.jpg (66 KB, 721x541) Image search: [Google]
socread1.jpg
66 KB, 721x541
>>23625150
>>23625150
Over the course of the next 12 months you will find yourself in a place of contentment and material comfort. The largest obstacle you will face in this progression is the temptation to give in to dishonesty, greed and malice both towards yourself and in your relations with other people, especially women. The resolution leading to the positive outcome will be facilitated by a mentor or teacher who teaches you how to utilize skills which you are presently unaware of, most likely technical or craft abilities.

I will elaborate on this reading in the next post.
>>
>>23625209
This sounds reasonable, you've got my attention. :)
>>
File: 20160411_012621.jpg (4 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
20160411_012621.jpg
4 MB, 4032x3024
Uploading pic from my phone
>>
>>23625254
>>23625209
the progression towards your positive outcome of the next year will frequently be marked by a feeling that you are merely wasting time, or engaging in folly or pastimes when in fact you are storing a wealth of experience that will place you in a position to understand the power of mastery of skills and ordered thinking and conduct

The warning to avoid cruelty and malice is emphasized. You will be frequently tempted to indulge in scorn and derision towards others but if you behave this way you will only come to think less of yourself and self-sabotage in frustration and shame.

A gift or endowment will be of great help in your journey of education as apprentice to a great master of craft/trade/technology. Keeping an attitude of humility and attentive study will lead to your place as a respected pupil in a great lineage of artisans.
>>
>>23625209
Those cards are the devil
>>
>>23625134
>>23625172
I'm not really doing anything to provoke any breakup. Yes, me and the girl have been spending more time together, but I am very careful not to cross any lines. I mean... i know this is gonna sound a little fucked up, but part of me kinda wants them to break up.

I really like this girl... :(

I mean, She's said before, at work to other friends of mine, about me, that "He'd make a great boyfriend", and "I hope he dedicates a song to me." (I just recently joined a band and we played our first gig last week)

She would be my first girlfriend if we dated and she knows this.

She wore my jacket after the gig and has kept it since at her place and some books of mine also.

I know I can make her happy and then I can be happy too, and I haven't been happy in close to a decade.

But how would I clear it with the guy though? I wouldn't know what the hell to say. And what of he tells me something like "no" or whatever or to fuck off or something?
>>
>>23625257
Awesome! Thank you, thats pretty cool. A friend of mine used to do readings for me at my old job, it was always interesting. What's your name friend?

>>23625263
I can't say there is any good way to go about this. But drama for work can be bad business per se. Just don't let it fuck you, try to keep work shit as civil as you can you know?
>>
File: heart.png (50 KB, 671x484) Image search: [Google]
heart.png
50 KB, 671x484
>>23625284
You're welcome. Call me Kuma.
>>
>>23625315
Thank you Kuma, I'm Steele! It's nice to meet you.
>>
>>23625284
That's my main goal. My number 1 priority. I don't wanna fuck anything up. And like you said, keep it civil as I can. Couldn't have said it better myself
>>
File: someone has to do it.jpg (27 KB, 318x475) Image search: [Google]
someone has to do it.jpg
27 KB, 318x475
>>23625325
Where are you from, Steele?

>>23625339
Trying to date someone you work with after they break up with someone else you work with is a fucking terrible idea.

I just felt like I should put that out there.
>>
>>23625339
Well I'm rooting for you brodog! Trying to stay happy in life is important you know?

Well I live in Canada now, but I'm from the US. What about yourself?
>>
>>23625352
Oops, the second part of >>23625366
Was for you.
>>
My friends are hooking up and it makes me feel like shit. I think they're just gonna cut ties with me. it's making me feel like a horrible person. I'm just really lonely and they're all I have. I just am realizing how unimportant I am to people around me. I used to be really comforted by the idea that nothing matters but now it's making me suicidal. Why am I even here if people I care about don't give a shit? Everyone is selfish.

sorry for such teen sounding angst
>>
>>23625352
I appreciate your point of view. But I really like this chick a lot, and to keep going on the way I am, will probably be the end of me.

>>23625366
Thanks for the kind words. I live in Mexico now but I'm from the US too. I'm content here, man.
>>
>>23625380
Why would they cut ties with you? How are you unimportant? What is it you would like from those around you?

Don't apologize, that's what this thread is for mostly.

>>23625389
Holy shit, hows Mexico? Haha, I've been to Juarez and that place gives me the spooks. I think I'm permanently burnt out on Mexico.
>>
>>23625394
Fucking Juarez, that place is crazy
>>
>>23625394
Well everyone says once people start fucking you'll never see them again. I think I must be unimportant I can't imagine anyone wanting me as a third wheel. Like suddenly every fault I have is really apparent to me right now. I just want people to not ignore me when I need someone to talk to. I know that's really unrealistic though so it seems stupid to ask of anyone.
>>
>>23625375
I'm from and live in the US.
>>
>>23625398
Yeah... if anyone ever asks you if you want to go to the pussy farm politely say no and pop smoke.

>>23625410
I think maybe you're over thinking this a little, but what do I know? I'm just some guy on the Internet. But try not let it get you down, what about other people you know?

>>23625421
I enjoy Canada, I've lived in NY, MO, FL, CO, NC, and KS. Colorado was the best state I've lived in, I miss it sometimes. Tell me about yourself Kuma, what are you up to tonight? Doing well?
>>
>>23625394
Yeah all of the boarder cities are shit holes. Stay away from them. Hahaha

I live in Guadalajara and have been here for 5 years now and haven't even been mugged (knock on wood).

The corruption is obvious but we can manage.

I have a steady job and a roof over my head so it's all good. How's Canada?
>>
>>23625429
I definitely am overthinking. I'm just in a mood that will probably pass. thank you. I don't really have a lot of friends Ive been kind of a recluse for a few months aside from talking to these two people. they're the only real constant in my life right now so Im just being pathetic and overreacting lol. I feel better typing it out
>>
>>23625439
Well it's good to hear you're doing well, you're a brave soul. I lived in Iraq for a year and I still prefer that over Mexico.

Canada is good, it's snowing right now, which is cool. It's pretty, but I got a new bicycle and I'd really like to ride that and my motorcycle. But I'm a hot body, so the cold does feel good, just ready for a little warmer weather.

>>23625446
It's not pathetic, we get into ruts sometimes. That's just the way it is, it's good to know typing it out has helped. I know that feeling, sometimes you just have to express yourself.
>>
File: room11.jpg (49 KB, 406x541) Image search: [Google]
room11.jpg
49 KB, 406x541
>>23625429
>Tell me about yourself Kuma, what are you up to tonight? Doing well?

There's really not much to tell. I'm a 32 year old man from the midwest. I own a business. I play music and write stories.

Tonight I'm just kinda hanging out watching the new episodes of Parts Unknown on netflix and waiting for my pain meds to do their job.
>>
>>23625463
That sounds cool, shit I wish I owned a business. Why are you taking pain meds? What happened?
>>
File: room14.jpg (60 KB, 780x585) Image search: [Google]
room14.jpg
60 KB, 780x585
>>23625513
>Why are you taking pain meds? What happened?

I have a bunch of health problems. I went into more detail in a previous post in this thread if you're curious.
>>
>>23625534
Oh shit you did, my bad. I've been using my phone this whole time and I kind of lose track of posters.
>>
I'm high on DXM, it hit me later than expected, its 4 am and I wish I could sleep cause I should've come down by now

I feel bad cause I'm on the couch and this is where my dog sleeps and I'm in his way
>>
File: Snapshot_20160411.jpg (32 KB, 547x480) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_20160411.jpg
32 KB, 547x480
What's up?
I have a feeling we've met before OP. Made some jasmine tea just because I saw this.

I'm doing pretty good. I mean my day has been utterly worthless in the best way. Spent all day playing a game of Civ 5 and it's going really well and I'm finally getting the hang of this shit FINALLY. 8 cities as the Mayans, went wide without fucking myself over for the first time ever. Dat protectionism and now I'm ready to grow tall too.

I'll be up until the sun comes up probably. Will go through and respond to people in a second.
Any metal fans heard Abbath's solo album? It's really good.
>>
File: panties are love.jpg (33 KB, 1197x87) Image search: [Google]
panties are love.jpg
33 KB, 1197x87
>>23624728
You'll feel a lot better when you're done with them all.
>>23624781
Enjoy being single desu. Half of those people getting married will end up divorced after all. "Being an adult" is awesome that feeling of being away from your parents will have you high for like 6 months straight.

>>23624870
My grandma was obsessed with Toy Story despite being you know... in her 60s... I used to spend summers with her as a kid and we'd watch that VHS tape like once a week.

>>23625036
You get better results if other people are in the frame. Shows you are social. I know it's dumb but people are dumb.

>>23625113
No, fuck her if you want but don't get serious. If she's the cheaty type then all you gained was a disloyal partner.

>>23625146
Please. I'll do one with my set too.

>>23625380
Well, the same thing happened to me. HOnestly take it as a growing opportunity. It's easy to wallow and say "no one likes me" but here you have a chance to step back and say "WHY don't these people like me"? Most of my HS friends cut me out around 20-21 and a lot of self study helped me change my behaviors... basically they're telling you you're a dick so now's your chance to stop being a dick.

>>23625398
El Paso is nice though!
>>
I'm a single guy. I get lonely a couple times a year. This week has been one of those times.

I'm 25 and I've never been in a relationship. I've had some opportunities over the years, but I always backed out because I never felt ready. I still don't feel ready. I still enjoy being single and I know in just a few days I'll stop thinking about my crush again. But a part of me is screaming inside of my head telling me to get out and date. Even if its a disaster, the experience is worth it. Trying something new almost always beats doing the same old shit, right?

But I won't change. I've always got a reason. I'm too depressed to date. Too anxious. Too busy with work. Too much of a god damn bipolar piece of shit. I'm not even scared of rejection, I'm scared of success, and ending up in a relationship where some nice girl has to put up with my wild ride of crazy bullshit.
>>
>>23625208
Yeah I wrote about my thoughts on it in this post>>23624868
I don't have many hobbies really. And the ones I do have are not social. I sew, I play a handful of games (but I hate most multiplayer games and fighting games), I watch tv. That's about it. Nobody outside women in their 50's sews, guys are usually playing the kinds of games I don't like and the main game I play (minecraft) is populated heavily by kids, and idk how to use tv as a social outlet.
>>23625263
I feel ya, its good you're not crossing any lines. You gotta do you first before anyone, so if she'll make you happy and you have a shot then go for it. As for the dude just ask about how he feels about the breakup after some time. If he'd be angry if she started dating. It's honestly a loaded question that leads to your victory no matter what to be honest. Because he'll either want the best for her or not. If he honestly would rather see her miserable and lonely than see anyone else then fuck that guy, hes a dick and you shouldn't care about him anyway.
But as said before, careful with the work aspect. Don't wanna get yourself or anyone else fired. Keep it professional on the clock.
>>
>>23625561
>civ 5.
I got that game through a college course fucking believe it or not. I have to play and blog about it for a history class. Idk how to even play the thing lol so many different little controls.
>>23625598
I wish I could. My whole being is around finding a mate so to speak. I measure success in love, and if I'm not dating someone I feel like a failure. And I've been a failure for the past 4 years straight wondering if the last dude I dated who only tried to use me as a cum dumpster and nothing more was the last chance I'm ever gonna get.
>>
File: me28.jpg (46 KB, 724x543) Image search: [Google]
me28.jpg
46 KB, 724x543
I'm about to head out to lunch and do some work stuff :(

I hate work stuff.

>>23626652
I know this is a really cliche thing to say but I've found it be very true. Until and unless you genuinely love yourself it will be nigh impossible to be happy in a relationship with someone else.

The good news is that you seem like a very intelligent, thoughtful and creative person so it won't be hard to find an awesome mate when the time is right.

>>23626641
>Nobody outside women in their 50's sews,

The historical re-enactment, LARP, cosplay and alternative fashion communities are literally packed full of young people who sew.
>>
>>23626641
There are plenty sew groups out there. I'm not seeing but I know of 2 groups in my town. One from a bdsm site and one uni group.
>>
>>23626831
Yeah I know. It's a never ending loop of depression. "Cant get a guy because I can't like myself, cant like myself because I can't get a guy, can't get a guy because......" Honestly at this point all I feel I need is a rebound. I don't care if it only lasts a week, I just need to know its possible for me to date again to get that confidence boost to find something more meaningful. But I can't even get that far.
>>23626831
>>23626866
I live in a town of like, 20k people. The vast majority of those being poor elderly people and college students. I've looked around there isn't anything outside the knitting group in the senior center. Yeah young people sew, just not any young people within 3000 miles of me.
>>
>>23626913
Doesn't reddit have a sewing/knitting/etc subreddit where you could ask if there are any in your area?

Woot depression buddy!
>>
File: 20160411_125832-1024x768.jpg (171 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
20160411_125832-1024x768.jpg
171 KB, 1024x768
>>23626831
Is me. ID changed. I'm having peppermint tea and nachos!

>>23626913
I might know of a group where you can meet some folks who sew and stuff. Approximately where do you live?
>>
Oh shit! Hello! This thread is still alive! How's everyone doing today?
>>
>>23627002
Southern Mo more towards the east.
>>
>>23626652
>I have to play and blog about it for a history class.
Dude you're kidding?
I've literally started writing up little fake history reports on my games as a hobby. Helps me keep track of what's going on as the game progresses and I can look back and find my mistakes - so it's made me a better player.
>>
>>23628356
lol that's basically her schtick on the assignment. Compare the game to the real life shit we discuss in class, and how the "themes" of history are present and all that noise.
I lol'd bc I found out ours was the first class that the department paid for it for us. Every class before us had to buy it themselves as a "required material" like it was a text book (on top of the 4 books we needed for the class). So I get this game forever for "free" (I mean, I paid over 400 for the class in tuition I guess lol but still)
>>
File: east kingdom coronation.jpg (108 KB, 747x498) Image search: [Google]
east kingdom coronation.jpg
108 KB, 747x498
>>23627699
So... I'm going to point you in the direction of an international group called the Society for Creative Anachronism that does recreations of the art, clothing, culture, technology, etc... of the middle ages and renaissance. You'll be surprised to learn that you live in an especially active area. Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska and small parts of Illinois and Arkansas are collectively known as The Kingdom of Caltontir and it's one of the of the most active kingdoms in the world.

The facebook groups for the nearest local shire or barony are the best place to start. Just join the group and post that you're new and want to play and they'll get you hooked up right away.

Joplin is The Shire of Crystal Mynes

Rolla is The Shire of Calanais Nuadh

If you're in the extreme southeast of MO you might do better with groups in the Kingdom of Merides (Alabama, Georgia, Florida panhandle, Tennessee and part of Kentucky)
http://www.kingdom.meridies.org/

Bowling Green is Shire of Loch an Fhraoich

Murray KY is Shire of Redwolfden

Clarksville TN is Shire of Crimson River

Most of Arkansas is in the kingdom of Gleann Abhann
http://gleannabhann.net/

Jonesboro AR is Shire of Ravenhold

If none of these are close enough to where you are let me know and I can try to zero it in a bit better. Don't be shy, we're a really fun group of people who do lots of neat stuff and LOVE new friends.
>>
Hello!
Bought some teabags (lord forgive me for buying tea in a sack) that are meant to help with throat soreness. Also meant to help a singer, i'm not a singer but it does have potential.

Anyhow, currently stuck in a rut trying to learn more guitar stuff to play, but end up playing online until bed time.

I used to be a mental wreck like everyone here (ie "muh existential crisis") and all i can say is, move forward, laugh, live a little, and est your dessert first
>>
First time posting on this thread, still pretty new but I've been doing ok, been stressing out to finish my classes and get a certification but nothing too bad. In the past couple of weeks though I've been looking for girls to hang out with (not date, just chill as I realize all of my friends are guys) but it's hard because I have this mentality to be in a relationship making it hard to approach women just to talk. Any help breaking that barrier?
>>
I have a headache and I'm very alone. My affection scares people away
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.