[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TEA thread! What are you guys drinking today? Lets all chat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7
File: il_570xN.701551297_3k24.jpg (35 KB, 570x556) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.701551297_3k24.jpg
35 KB, 570x556
TEA thread!

What are you guys drinking today? Lets all chat like normal human beings. Whats going on in your lives? Tell me all of your secrets.
>>
>>23586791
Green tea is my go-to.

There's this other tea that tastes kind of like corn that I'm always fond of, no idea what it's called though.

What are you up to today, OP?
>>
>>23586798
I prefer white teas or blacks. But I'm currently drinking a jasmine green from pukka. The flowery stuff is always nice you know?

I'm well, just sort of relaxing listening to Julie London. I was out late last night and I've been riding my new bicycle like a mad man. So I'm a bit sore.

What are you up to newfriend?
>>
>>23586813
Ah, I've honestly not explored too many different kinds so I'll have to keep an eye out for a white tea to try.

The flowery-aromatic stuff is a nice change of pace. I've had a few with rose extract and that was definitely interesting.

Sounds nice and relaxing. I'm just poking around on /soc/ between watching hockey games. Also getting some acid delivered today, only shame is that I won't be able to partake until next weekend.
>>
>>23586813
Ride on me
>>
I used to drink green tea, red zinger and mint tea from the plants in my garden all the time, but that shit stained my teeth like I had been smoking for years.

How do you guys enjoy the pleasures of tea without the stained teeth? Maybe I just have terrible, overly porous teeth.
>>
>>23586859
White teas are pretty light, and smooth. Although they can sometimes be quite unremarkable. Its sort of trial and error with them. You should check out some blooming teas, those are flowery as fuck.

Its a pretty good day, although I still want to go ride my god damn bike. You're a brave soul, I have no will power to do acid, that shits out of my league.

Heres some stuff to add to the threads mood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlUu3yrlYps
>>
>>23586878
Ride on you? Why would I do that?

>>23586882
Mint tea seems too intense to be honest, I don't know if I could do that. I never knew stained teeth was a thing from tea? I have no issues to be honest with you.
>>
>>23586791
Tea is a nootropic and it literally changes the way your perceive reality, your brain goes into overdrive from the caffeine and you get addicted very easily. For all the health benefits you also stress your adrenal glands which fucks you up long term.

I'm so glad I got off of the buzz and can now wake up freely at any time in the morning without feeling like a trainwreck in need of a cup. The only downside is the lack of cozy evenings wrapped around a blanket but if I can live without that and would prefer to have a non-drugged brain.
>>
>>23586897
Just fucking ride me and dont ask questions
>>
>>23586906
You're aware that tea on average has less caffeine then coffee, soda, and energy drinks right? The amount of caffeine in tea is negligible at best. Bad troll.

>>23586911
Nah babygirl, I'm good.
>>
>>23586925
>hey this addictive substance has much more caffeine than this one, therefore this addictive substance is harmless
Nice logic dum-dum
Rationalize however you want, tea is a stimulant and a nootropic.
>>
>>23586950
You're not understanding the statement here. The amount of caffeine is negligible. The amounts more often than not aren't actually on a scale to have an affect, because of filtration and metabolism.

And you also clearly don't know anything about nootropics, there are lots of nootropics that are good for the body. You might want to do more research there friend.
>>
>>23586791
peppermint, occaisionally cheap matcha.
apparently they're good for you idk
>>
>>23586886
Where do you think it'd be good to go find some to try? I'll definitely keep an eye out for the blooming teas as well.

Do you ride in a city or have a trail or something to just coast along on? I used to be the same way but after my first trip, I fell in love with the mental exploration and eye-opening experiences. I went through a year-long phase of tripping a bit too often but now it's a nice treat once or twice a year.
>>
>>23586993
Hey if you like them then why not?

>>23586994
You usually have to go looking at tea shops to find them, they are like a specialty thing.

I ride around the city, but there are shit tons of bike trails where I live too. So its kind of just whatever I feel like for that ride.

I'm just not good at not being in control I guess, I prefer to be in my own head you know? But I support your ability to mainline the secrets of the universe!
>>
>>23586980
>passive aggressive stimulant addict tries to take the moral high ground
Lemme guess, do you supplement ritalin too in your daily "brain food" too and call that "good for the body"?

>The amounts more often than not aren't actually on a scale to have an affect, because of filtration and metabolism
Sure, in small amounts and moderate frequency, which is not the case in young adults. We all know how everyone is conditioned to drink at least 2 cups a day which, often adding white refined sugar in the mix. Nutrition-wise aside, strictly from a neuroscientific point of view, you are putting too much pressure on your adrenal, thyroid and amygdala. And the sad part is that so many people have been drinking for so long they don't even know what a non-clouded brain feels like.
>>
>>23586925
:(
>>
File: pg mfin' tips.jpg (41 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
pg mfin' tips.jpg
41 KB, 450x450
good ol' pg tips, theanine is the shit
>>
File: image.jpg (378 KB, 2448x1958) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
378 KB, 2448x1958
One of my secrets is that I'm God. The Canadians have been violating me and a certain woman since we were born. All so they could confuse themselves into believing either of us would willingly choose to fuck a Canadian.
>>
Im crying because I just want to make my mum happy and feel like I'm a bad daughter if she's sad...I can't never seem to make her happy enough. Her pain is my pain and it hurts so much. I wish I could heal her.
>>
>>23587028
>Lemme guess, do you supplement ritalin too in your daily "brain food" too and call that "good for the body"?
You're clearly trying to hard to troll, and I'm aware of it. But for the sake of arguement, no I don't do that, because its dumb.

>Sure, in small amounts and moderate frequency, which is not the case in young adults. We all know how everyone is conditioned to drink at least 2 cups a day which, often adding white refined sugar in the mix. Nutrition-wise aside, strictly from a neuroscientific point of view, you are putting too much pressure on your adrenal, thyroid and amygdala. And the sad part is that so many people have been drinking for so long they don't even know what a non-clouded brain feels like.
You're going way too crazy here, you're overzealous in your information and perception, its simply extreme. I hope you don't consume brown sugar, chocolate, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, or any sort of vitamin regardless of B's or D's, because according to your thought process they are all bad for you. If you're a nueroscifag like you imply then you need to go take those courses again because people like you are constantly giving out false information.

>>23587050
What exactly is the situation?
>>
>>23587068
>someone challenging my perception of reality
>surely it must be a troll
It's fine, being an addict in denial is pretty common when it comes to substance abuse. Surely if you're not so dumb then it would be pretty easy for you to go a few months consecutively without tea. Don't worry once your brain clears and you get cravings it's not because you're an addict and have hardwired neurons trying hard to overcompensate for the strain but it's because you're an informed and intellectual reader. Don't listen to the booing neuroscientists they're just there to keep your strong new-age ideas down!

Enjoy taking your facts from pharmaceutical funded nutrition click bait sites and your cloudy brain, and the shitty diet I guess since you mentioned supplementing multivitamins instead of, you know, actually eating properly, it's pretty funny that you also probably are enabling the market for "diet teas".
>>
File: teababy.jpg (32 KB, 626x835) Image search: [Google]
teababy.jpg
32 KB, 626x835
More tea!
>>
>>23587068
I just cry all the time because of the residue trauma that has been left due to years of abuse...now it's my mum's birthday and I'm trying to make her happy but I think of her in her house alone and feel bad. She needs me but doesn't value me and kills my self confidence...
>>
>>23587115
Was she the one who abused you? If that's the case you shouldn't be concerned about shit she feels...
>>
>>23586882
I have an acquaintance that did the same shit
make sure you rince the leaves in cold water several times and dry them out in the sun before you put it in boiling water

>>23587115
make something out of yourself
help her financially, emotionally, just talking helps feel normal

>>23587098
You do realize that lead poisoning can occur even from ceramic material right? If you're going to fuck with you brain at least leave your intestines and heart alone
>>
>>23587131
Yes amongst other people but she only did that because she was abused and as the one who sees it all I need to rise above and help her.
>>
>>23587147
You don't need to rise above anything, an emergency on her part does not constitute one on yours. If she isn't capable of accepting responsibility for her actions then you shouldn't do anything for her. She'll simply keep hurting you and you'll just keep letting her, its simple.
>>
bean tea is master race
>>
File: 1458665296745.jpg (45 KB, 640x588) Image search: [Google]
1458665296745.jpg
45 KB, 640x588
>>23586911
>>
>>23587181
I concur.
>>
File: 1457657528436.jpg (68 KB, 469x559) Image search: [Google]
1457657528436.jpg
68 KB, 469x559
Hey teabro. If you were in the chat thread last night it's suspender guy again.

Nothing much is happening I'm just getting up. It's crazy windy out and cold af and I just wanted to stay cozy ;-;

>I've got a secret, it's on the tip of my tongue it's on the back of my lungs
>>
>>23587244
Hey there guy! It's fucking cold here too, god damn weather and shit.
>>
>>23587251
Yeah it's getting better once I got my lazy ass up and turned the heater on lol.
So you bike a lot?
>>
>>23587288
I just got a bike actually. I've been meaning to get one for a while but I finally did it on my birthday. So I've been riding a lot since then. It just feels good to be able to do that. I've got messed up knees so its good cardio, better than running.
>>
>>23587334
Oh yeah, treadmills can really hurt my knees if I don't take days off. Are there good trails around? There's one where I live that goes right by the coast and it's really pretty.

Where do you live?

>>23587147
Doesn't fucking matter, I haven't talked to my parents in years. Because they were shitbags who did horrible things to me. If it hurts you to be around her then stop spending time with her. "But she's my mom" yeah all she did to be your mom was have sex, that doesn't give her special rights.
>>
>>23587414
I live in Ottawa, and there are shit tons of bike routes, there are bike routes the run the entire city. Its pretty fucking awesome.
>>
>>23587454
Oh god Canadaaaaa
I've always been fascinated by cold, isolated places. I'd like to go to Alaska some day (I'm burger) but Canada maaaan, you guys have all kinds of wide open frozen land. I'd love to go to Iqaluit and live on the coast with the inuit or something.

I have a friend in Windsor which is a few hours away from you right?

Hm. So what else do you do?
>>
>>23587488
Haha, well Canada can be cold, but I've been in colder places. I used to live in upstate NY and it got more snow and was colder there than it is here in Ottawa. But I love it here, Ottawa is a beautiful place with beautiful people, not too big and not too small. Well depending on traffic, Windsor is like eight hours away? Something like that.

I'm a motorcycle nerd, I read weird shit, and I love sex. That probably sounds like a normal male.
>>
>>23587556
Oh that's cool, so are you American by birth then? Interesting. I've been to Albany, it was really cool, I have a friend there I met on Steam.

What do you read? I mostly read nonfiction.
>>
>>23587602
Yeah, I'm a US citizen. I've not been to Albany, I heard it was cool as well, which is sort of surprising. Most of NY fucking sucks.

I tend to read weird shit, horror, non-fiction. Sometimes I get into history stuff, I really love mythology.
>>
>>23587670
Hey yeah I mostly read historical stuff. Two of my favorite authors are James Michener and James Clavell they wrote huge long novels set in different countries in the past, like Michener has The Covenant about South Africa, and Hawaii that follows a whole line of generations of the native Islanders and then the American missionaries etc.

Albany is the only part of NY I've been to lol. No interest in ever setting foot in NYC.
>>
Hey I drink poppy tea daily, can I be in your thread?
>>
>>23587724
I'm admittedly a picky reader. I have to really be into something to keep reading. So I go months without having anything that catches my attention.

Yeah fuck NYC, there is just way too much bullshit going on there for my blood.

>>23587797
Of course you can, how are you?
>>
I hate tea to be honest. To me it is just an overrated drink and I'd rather have me a nice, big ol' cup of OJ. What is the appeal in tea? What makes tea TEA? Is it the flavor? The aroma? Or maybe the way it just flows down your gaping hole, slowly filling you up eith sweet sensation? Please enlighten me OP.
>>
>>23587857
I think tea is mostly an acquired taste to be honest. There isn't anything particularly amazing about it, its just something that some people like and some don't. I'm not a coffee guy myself, so I can understand your feelings in that manner.

So basically tea is made using tea leaves, and then you have herbal teas, which in fact are not teas, they are instead tisane, and made using other types of herbs, flowers, and spices.

Back to teas, there are different types, black, white, green, oolong, and puer seem to be the most popular. There are more of course, generally differing from how its cured, grown, made, and its composition.

I think most people essentially like what tastes and smells best for them. Teas are quite complex and varied so its mostly trial and error, trying to figure out whats best for you. Long story long...
>>
>>23587836
I'm good I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Like is December 23 at night and there's a fresh blanket of snow on the ground I'm wrapped up in a blanket with hot cocoa. Not to mention there was thi freak blizzard last night in my town. How are you doing?
>>
>>23587989
Yeah? That's pretty cool, I wish it were warmer here. I want to ride my motorcycle/bike. Just hanging out today, trying to relax. Tell me about yourself!
>>
>>23588024
There not much to tell. I took this semster off because of classes not lining up properly and I quit my job for one at a bank, but that ended up being shit (sitting at a desk and number crunching all day with miles of red tape). So with all this free time i end up hanging out with my cat and doing tea. I'm a musician but I haven't written or performed in a while. Closes thing I have to a girlfriend is someone I talk to on Quebec, we've talked about me visiting her but that won't be until the summer
>>
>>23588084
You should visit her, Quebec is an interesting place. Well its good to hear you're able to spend more time on yourself. That's where it's at man.
>>
>a thread i can relate to!!!
Uhm, ok. Uh, mm, i'm kind of new to tea. I buy loose leaf tea from teavana but i have run out and haven't gone in a looong time.

I have had white teas mainly, some blooming and some with fruit mixtures (i don't know the proper term) and silver needle. Honestly i like white tea for its subtle flavor, nothing strong or textury.

Uh, hi
>>
>>23588772
Ohhh, I love silver needles. Teavana has some good stuff, I prefer them over davidstea to be honest. There is a really good tea place here where I live, they have some really interesting stuff.

Hi, hello!
>>
File: 008-D2442lr.jpg (51 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
008-D2442lr.jpg
51 KB, 300x200
I drink earl grey with bergamot
Sometimes green, more often now than before
What's the deal with the tea cup pic at the top? Why does it remind me of a crack pipe with burns and residue? Is it just me?? Cheerio!
>>
>>23589812
I've not had anything with bergamot.

Thats an interesting mental image, not sure, but I sure do love my mug. I mean now that you point it out I see the resemblance.
>>
You probably have. It's usually infused oil in bagged earl grey. It's like a citrus fruit. I forgot to add that I have had some loose leaf teas but I just still don't get into herbal tea. I'd try some if it were offered, though.
>>
Hey op you're still up, sup.
Do you know of any tea based mixed alcoholic drinks
>>
>>23589970
I hope this helps.
http://www.drinksmixer.com/cat/19/

>>23589920
I rarely drink Earl grey to be honest, its not one of my things. But I'll check it out some time. Herbal teas aren't my thing either, too complex for my taste. They can be intense sometimes too, the fruity ones at least.
>>
>>23589668
The cashier chick recommended jasmine silver needle, cuz she likes it. What do you think about that tea flavor?
>>
This is the best tea I have ever had: http://www.nilorganictea.com/store/sunset-evening

I love super bitter teas, chamomile, and flowery teas.
>>
>>23592532
Silver needle is actually one of my favorites. It's just so smooth and agreeable, which is funny considering I tend to prefer black teas and the spicy stuff more. But it really is an all around good flavor. I really couldn't think of any draw back.

>>23592544
I'll have to check this one out, I wouldn't say I like bitter stuff, I'm just often surprised that some ones I wouldn't think I like I actually do like.
>>
It might seem dumb to ask, but here goes

>what kind of water do you use for tea, and what kind of method to boil it? Curious to know since i drink from bottled water (purified) and recently started using a cheap water boiler kettle thing

>when do you drink tea? I personally like to drink tea at home with a good meal, then i'll get on pc and play and drink. Sometimes i'll have a cup when i play guitar.
>>
>>23594560
Well any water thats clean will do, I mean if you use purified water, then thats cool.

I drink tea whenever mostly, I guess whenever you want to is good. I mean all of these questions for the most part of personal preference.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.