[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /vegan/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: vegan.jpg (381 KB, 1275x1025) Image search: [Google]
vegan.jpg
381 KB, 1275x1025
Who /vegan/ here?
>>
>>23583606
I'm not
>>
>>23583627
Full autism

>>23583606
I'm a flexitarian, I only buy and prepare vegan products but if there's non vegan or non vegetarian food offered to me or going to waste then I'll eat it
>>
/vegan/ checkin' in
>>
>>23583606
meeee
>>
Y'all posting in a plant-murderer thread.
>>
I eat a mostly vegan diet besides eggs occasionally if the chickens are treated well since its a byproduct and sometimes being fully vegan doesn't even make sense.
I would eat fish if I could get it myself in a nicer, cleaner environment too.
Never going back to milk because of all that yummy pus.
>>
I still eat some dairy, chicken and beef. I hate pork and eggs. I'd like to someday become vegan though.
>>
I'm not, but I do love arguing with carnists on the internet about it because there is literally no moral justification for eating animal products. Also most of my friends are vegan so unless I'm eating by myself, a lot of my diet is vegan-ish.
>>
if you guys are interested in learning about this vegan I feel horrible for her. She has bone cancer and there's no hope for her. Shes currently in Mexico struggling to stay week by week and managing to stay through donations. Even though people think shes wasting her money and will inevitably die I feel so bad for her and what shes doing in this clinic seems to be really helping her feel better. Her old videos shows her breast tumors which do not look fake. Check her out maybe give her some views. I'd donate if I could..

https://www.youtube.com/user/JensJourney33/videos
>>
mpls checking in.

what's the dining situation where y'all at?

pretty decent here tbqh.
>>
Hidden along with the rest of the fag threads that belong on /lgbt/
>>
>>23587294
Minneapolis here too. I don't eat at restaurants though, I just cook all my own food.
>>23587301
The fact that I don't murder innocents or pay others to murder innocents leads you to believe that I enjoy being fucked by men? That logic doesn't add up. Pretty sure you're a faggot projecting your own insecurities on other people.
>>
>>23583606
used to be vegan but fell off the wagon... want to do it again, might ask a vegan friend for help but feel kind of ashamed. not sure what do
>>
>>23587561
If you think of it as "I might do it again" or "I'll try it again" you'll just find excuses not to do it. You just have to make the decision "I *will* be vegan, starting now, and I won't quit again". And then just do it. If it's tempting to eat non-vegan food, think of the harmful impact that has on animals and Earth and remind yourself that that's more important than the sensual gratification of eating meat/milk/eggs. Just do it and commit to it.
>>
>>23583606
Ngl i look deathy ill on a vegan diet (pale, crappy skin) and have low energy levels. Maybe genetics are different per person but i believe a person needs meet in their diet to have healthy hormonal levels
>>
>>23587761
You can get all necessary nutrients from vegan sources. Chances are you were lacking some nutrient(s) that you had been getting from non-vegan food but were not present in the vegan foods you were eating. Try to figure out what it is you were lacking and find vegan sources of those nutrients.
>>
I'm not vegan, but I am curious. I watched the documentary called Forks Over Knives and found it to be very interesting. I do like animals and feel bad every time I cook, but at the same time, cooking is one of my passions and meat is what I enjoy cooking most of all. And yeah, I sound like a dick.

What I don't get is why frozen foods that try to emulate the taste and texture of meat are so darn expensive. I imagine they're marking up the price like crazy just to gouge vegans.
I have been trying to get into having vegan days though. A few weeks ago, I made a lentil loaf and it was pretty much the worst thing I've ever had in my life despite loving lentils. However, one thing I did do was switch from milk to almond milk, which I absolutely adore and I've stopped having dairy in my diet besides greek yogurt for now.

What kinds of recipes do you make? I love to cook, so just eating raw things every day and smoothies sounds incredibly boring to me.
How do you not look sickly like >>23587761 mentioned?
I've heard you have to take supplements for things like B-12? Is this true?
>>
>>23585823
>being fully vegan doesn't even make sense
This. Why not eat eggs?

I'm trying to wean myself off of milk. I tried coconut milk, soy milk, rice milk, flax milk, but they all taste kind of awful. Any suggestions?
>>
>>23587832
>What I don't get is why frozen foods that try to emulate the taste and texture of meat are so darn expensive.
The demand for them is pretty low right now, hence higher manufacturing costs. If you cook your own food rather than buying pre-made meals veganism can be very cheap.
>What kinds of recipes do you make? I love to cook, so just eating raw things every day and smoothies sounds incredibly boring to me.
Some of my favorite recipes are
Rinotta: http://pastebin.com/tiFeqWsg
Cinnamon rolls: http://pastebin.com/UQ0MMptJ
>How do you not look sickly like >>23587761 mentioned?
I don't even watch my diet, I've been vegan for a decade and am very healthy.
>I've heard you have to take supplements for things like B-12? Is this true?
I don't take supplements, but some of the things I eat contain fortified B12. That's not why I eat them though. Nutritional yeast and I think some plant based milks are fortified with B12. Even meat eaters often lack B12 in their diets, so yeah it's probably a good idea to eat stuff that has added B12 (whether or not you're vegan).

>>23588196
>Why not eat eggs?
Chickens raised for eggs are kept in cages and when their egg production declines with age, they're killed. And males born into the egg industry are killed as chicks.
>I'm trying to wean myself off of milk. I tried coconut milk, soy milk, rice milk, flax milk, but they all taste kind of awful. Any suggestions?
You could try a different brand. I only drink water so I can't really give advice, but I use the So Delicious brand coconut milk for baking/cooking. And I believe I recall hearing from other people that they like rice milk best to just drink. Other than that, I guess just try to get used to it, or just drink water/juice/etc instead.
>>
currently vegetarian and have been since I was 10, planning on going mostly vegan in college because it's so easy when there's an all you can eat vegan buffet
>>
>>23585823
>>23588196

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ5qAfyUuWE
>>
bump for soy meat master race
>>
>>23585846
>needing moral justification to eating animals

We're the top of the evolutionary food chain.

>Also implying morals mean anything more than shit on a stick
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.