[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best state of the US? What's the worst?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: mapUS3n.jpg (112 KB, 900x576) Image search: [Google]
mapUS3n.jpg
112 KB, 900x576
What's the best state of the US?
What's the worst?

I mean the best/worst to live in or for everything (landscapes, people, crime, services etc) And why?

Just curious. Tell me amerfags.
>>
I've been living in a small town in Nebraska for some years now.
It's full of rednecks, but if you enjoy countryside, Nebraska's for ya
>>
>>23529729
best is most definitely california

it has everything, big cities, beautiful landspcapes, anything you could ever want

worst is probably some southern shithole like arkansas or mississippi
>>
Rough guide is if there's a land border with Canada it's acceptable for human habitation, otherwise it's not.

The exception is ND, place sucks. Michigan is fine outside of Detroit and Flint. NYC is awful unless you're rich, but upstate NY is cool.

Best? Alaska, if you can handle the cold. Wages are insanely high, free money every year from oil, low taxes, beautiful landscape, the most non-judgemental culture there. Everyone there came from somewhere else and they accept everyone.

Worst would be California. Gang violence everywhere, even the filthiest rat infested drug den will cost you $1200/month anywhere in the state (double the price of a better place somewhere else), also SF is the most expensive city in America. There's a lot of tech industry jobs but they fire you before 30 because it's cheaper to just replace you with someone who just graduated college. Did I mention that gangs control everything there and it's basically as violent as a 3rd world country? Plus the pollution. California is utter shit, give the whole thing to Mexico.
>>
>>23529729
nyc, literally has everything you want
>>
>>23529764
>t. poorfag
>>
>>23529729
California > New York > Texas > Massachusetts (Boston) > Chicago > Colorado > Washington > Oregon > Philly > Nevada (Las Vegas) > Washington D.C. > North Carolina > Florida > Coastal Cities > Northeast > Southwest > Midwest > The Deep South.

That's pretty much it, but let me know if I missed anything.
>>
My favorite city is always been San Francisco. I really like it. If I would move in the States I'd like to go there but an american friend told me that Frisco is a "gay city", a shitty place full crime and faggots. He lives in Florida and told me that is great there (Miami and Tampa).
>>
>>23529832
>a "gay city", a shitty place full crime and faggots

I live here, and I honestly have no clue why it still has this reputation

I mean historically, San Fran has had a very strong history with gay acceptance, with Castro Street and the HIV breakout and all that, but now I dont think it has more gays compared to any other city. Still very liberal though, not like that's exactly a problem though

about crime... I think it really depends where you live. I live in the east bay near Oakland, and I've personally never had an issue... but anecdotes are worthless ofc. Anywhere you live, I think you should keep your shit safe by practicing good preventative measures, locking your doors/car/bike up, etc

I like it here, it's a comfy place to live. If you have a car this is a great place
>>
Best: Alaska. Not a lot of people up your ass all the time. People are very come-as-you-are. Surprising representation from groups other than "redneck" i.e. arts, sciences etc.
Super beautiful and there's no ticks.

Worst: Texas. Climate sucks and is really ugly. Big cities are dirty and shitty. They think they're better than alaska.
>>
>>23529811
>philly, texas, and nevada over wash dc
top kek lad
>>
File: image.jpg (356 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
356 KB, 1280x960
tfw 25 year old virgin bcuz of erectile dysfunction :(
>>
>>23532094
Philly, Las Vegas, and D.C. are all so close that the three are practically interchangeable. Honestly, the order of those could be opposite and it would be fine by me. Houston, Dallas and Austin are much better cities than D.C. and I've heard good things about San Antonio and El Paso as well.
>>
>>23529729
West Virginia sucks, you'd think for a place with no people and nothing to do people would stay out of each others shit. But they don't

also meth, pollution ,and syphilis
>>
Is northern California or Oregon a good place to live? I'm thinking about transferring to a college there after my first 2 years.

I live in ATL rn.
>>
File: shadynastys.jpg (161 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
shadynastys.jpg
161 KB, 500x282
It's better to be a big fish in a little pond

than a little fish in a big pond
>>
Delightfully strange and tropically beautiful Florida is the obvious choice. With very few draconian laws on personal freedom and a very low cost of living in most areas. The wildlife and general weirdness of our fine state makes every day an adventure. Ask me anything for more information on sunny Florida.
>>
>>23532251
If you like the outdoors and it's scenery, WV can be a great and beautiful place. I mean yeah, drugs are a big problem, but it isn't that polluted and I honestly don't know what you mean by syphillis.
>>
>>23533309
What part of the state are you talking about
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.