[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This probably isn't gonna be met with any agreement or positivity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Facepalm.png (26 KB, 487x380) Image search: [Google]
Facepalm.png
26 KB, 487x380
This probably isn't gonna be met with any agreement or positivity but if one person listens then it's all good.

I used to be a regular on /soc/ for years, posting almost every day whilst wallowing in my self pity and loathing, depressed and thinking 'how the fuck am I gonna get out of this rut? Better post my face on /soc/ to try and get the validation of strangers!'. I told my therapist about /soc/ and they immediately told me to get the fuck out of here; it's basically toxic.
I came on today cause I'm ill and can't leave my bed and I'm bored as fuck. I come on only to see the same peoples faces, the same dick rate threads, rate threads, depression threads, hate threads etc etc. This place really is fucking toxic.
I feel for all you guys who are stuck in the position I was in back then - but posting on /soc/ 24/7 isn't going to help. "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" - we live in a generation where people would rather complain about something, than do something about it.

There's many people here who obviously have personality disorder/complex, who feed off this online attention, who I urge to seek help. It's not healthy.

TL;DR /soc/ is toxic, if you're in a bad place, this is a bad place to be. Get out.
>>
>>23525711
yet your'e here
>>
>>23525712
>I came on today cause I'm ill and can't leave my bed and I'm bored as fuck
>>
No I agree. I am a regular as well who posts face a lot. Anything to help me get off this site? What did you do, just simply leave and never come back?
>>
>>23525720
Yeah I just had to force myself. I was so fixated on making myself look better for the validation of people on here I was actually starting to make my shit worse.
>>
File: 1448030475353.jpg (25 KB, 400x373) Image search: [Google]
1448030475353.jpg
25 KB, 400x373
im here to see tits and pussy and to occasionally laugh at pathetic autistic fucks thats try derive something positive from this board. srsly ...makes me laugh sometimes.
>>
>>23525711
You did the right thing. Hopefully I can muster the will to leave as well. So much autistic sophists and narcissists here, very few are all right though.
>>
>>23525730
I'm sorry you'll never escape pal, try not to stay in denial too long though
>>
>>23525723
yeah I will give it a shot
>>23525730
this is probably brandon posting this for all we know
>>
>>23525730
Poor you
>>
I only started posting on /soc/ recently. I think for me it was for validation but now I stick around in hopes of getting to know some of these regular anons. Not everyone on here is a dick and its nice to talk with others about relatable problems and feelings.

I have a hard time expressing my thoughts and emotions even with anonymity and that hurts my social life on and off the internet. I've actually felt a connection with some of the anons on here for once and its helping to open up a little. I almost want to think of them as friends but I really don't know them. That's what gives me a desire to return, to get to know these folk and maybe become friends.

That and also crushing on Meme gril brings me back <3
>>
>>23525832
I'm glad it works for some people but I know for a fact (due to talking to hundreds of people over the years on here) that more people are in the position I was in, rather than in yours, which is why I want to try and get people to realise that posting to /soc/ every day and becoming a shut in isn't the answer.

I'm happy you're finding it useful though.
>>
>>23526076
>I'm happy you're finding it useful though.
Thanks
I feel you on what you're trying to do anon.
Not sure how much longer I'll be on here myself. Kind of want to contactfag out with a few anons before I go though.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.