[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Just be yourself." This piece of advice comes with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_meixzaPLAz1rmbztpo1_500.gif (551 KB, 500x389) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_meixzaPLAz1rmbztpo1_500.gif
551 KB, 500x389
"Just be yourself."
This piece of advice comes with so many qualifiers and exceptions that you should never take it at face value, or really listen to it at all. Here's how it really works: For the sake of self esteem, everyone think of yourself as a really good book. You're unique, you bring a lot of good to those who read you, you have good plot, good characters, good pacing, and good themes. As a book, a lot of people will enjoy you, and you should be proud of that.

Barely anyone reads books. Even if this thead gets "I read tons of books tho!" Replies (if any replies at all) don't listen. You have a very low chance of meeting people who will take the time to read you, who you will also enjoy.

Don't be yourself. Adapt yourself into a movie. Adapt yourself into an extremely simplified version of you. Simplify yourself, and appeal to the widest demographic possible. Remove all plot twists except for a single really obvious one. Take layers away from all of your characters. Remove entire sub plots. Add in shit that lots of people will go to a movie for, like telegraphed romance, and just lots of stuff that you see in every other movie. People will like you as long as you use the same fucking formula that every other movie uses, but add in a superficial gimmick or adjustmemt that makes you look different from other movies. Add in explosions and lots of special effects.

Someone WILL watch you if you do all that. Someone will like you as a movie. Becoming a formula based, easy to digest movie increases your chances so much at meeting people, that you will meet someone you can tolerate.

If you don't like to take risks, forget about the book the movie was very, very vaguely based on. Become the movie, and have fun.

If you want to take risks, slowly guide someone towards reading the book. Just be ready to fucking get over it when tons of people say "I don't get it" and close that book and walk away.
>>
Fantastic post, too good for this board.
>>
>>23482317

You deserve my respect.
>>
>>23482317
>Just create a false identity based on what you see in movies and TV!

chicks aren't attracted to Chris Hemsworth because of the strength of Marvel's screenwriters.
>>
>>23482784

God, Chris Hemsworth is fucking abysmal. He was terrible in Thor, just fucking terrible. In fact, that movie was just so shitty all around.

I agree, though. I see what you're saying. Your chances of success will improve if you follow OP's advice, though, even if marginally.
>>
>>23482317
At first I thought you would write some stupid bullshit, but when I kept reading, I thought "Damn, that's pretty good and solid advice, who would've thought that?"

>>23482784
>Completely take it the wrong way and twist OPs words
>>
very interesting

very interesting

thank you OP
>>
Actually no i won't follow the norm, OP. I agree with you in that the phrase is overrated. However, using your movie metaphor, i prefer the unpopular movies because they have originality. Marvel films are overrated superfacial and repetitive. Deadpool, was a cheesy film that i thought was ok, but not great as others make it to be. In short, be yourself, but don't be too cryptic so that no one will want to know you.
>>
tl;dr be shallow and 2d
>>
or you could be a video game and people sink a stupid amount of time into you and sometimes they forget to do their homework cause you're too much fun, but it's empty fun and then they look back at how they spent their time and feel stupid
>>
>>23482317
Let's paraphrase:

Society doesn't want the real you, fuck your real self and conform.

Okay? Okay
>>
Brilliant post anon.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.