[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here has a chronic illness? >asl >diagnosis >how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-03-12-03-00-03-157103882.jpg (6 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-12-03-00-03-157103882.jpg
6 KB, 251x201
Who here has a chronic illness?

>asl
>diagnosis
>how it affects your life
>living situation
>treatments/meds/hospitalizations
>pic/contact if you want
>>
32, male, US

Hepatic encephalopathy, non viral hepatitis, gastric ulcer, chronic pancreatitis, nerve damage

With roommates

I have a little trouble with walking/standing for long periods of time. I don't get out much and that's kind of led to isolation/lonliness, can't go to the gym, eating hurts, cognitive problems

Went into a coma once, been in the hospital a few times, xifaxin, lactulose, folic acid, azithromycin, promethazine, protonix, a few others

Not sure about sharing pics and contact...
>>
20 f usa

TBI, not sure if that counts

I'm a lot stupider than I used to be, I don't understand things that adults are supposed to understand and I get overwhelmed easily
I also get killer headaches and nausea and I've lost a good deal of my vision

I live alone, have no family

depakote for pain
>>
>>23476615
I want to hug you
also, interested
>>
>>23476620
was that supposed to be to me?
>>
27 male UK

Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (hearts too big, circuitry all messed up yo)

Can't really do much strenuous activity, used to love walking but can't do that anymore, so it's tough to be out and about, and also difficult to get fit. Also up until recently the prospect of dropping dead at any second was pretty damn depressing. Could be worse though eh?

Currently living with family (more for money reasons)

Had to visit hospitals a lot in the past, usually for tests, was diagnosed about 10 or so years ago. Also now have an implanted defibrillator in my chest. Stopped the depression but not exactly ideal!
>>
>asl
31/m/US
>diagnosis
sexual addiction
>how it affects your life
spend most of my disposable income on hookers, have cheated in every relationship i've been in, have contracted a number of STIs (but nothing permanent or untreatable). at least i'm amazing at sex though, makes it easier to get partners.
>living situation
own a condo, live alone
>treatments/meds/hospitalizations
tried therapy a few times. didn't work.
>pic/contact if you want
ask i guess
>>
>21/M
>the big C
>exhausted most days, dealing with mortality, most people don't want to hang out with the sick kid
>have a house, no friends or family
>eating healthy and exercising, doctors want to blast with rad but only for the cost of treatment.
>>23476841
Christ.
>>23476786
Can you still walk enough to get around, though, I'm hoping?
How's that implanted defib work if you don't mind me asking?
Sorry to hear about the thoughts, but it's good that you're with family and have support to hold on to just in case. Keep strong.
>>23476575
Fuck, how did it happen? Depakote can be a real bitch.
>>23476034
Jesus, it hurts to eat? I'm sorry you're going through this, is there any forms of treatment that allow for a reduction in meds or is it all so mixed up?
>>
>>23477082
I bumped my head
and yeah I forgot things a lot, small things and I get lost
also my throat hurts most of the time so I sound like I've been chain smoking for 50 years but I'll take all that over the migraines

what kind of cancer do you have?

>>23476841
whoa how does that work?
like do you want to stop? you said you tried therapy I guess idk
>>
>>23477082
I'm sorry to hear about the cancer mate, and that sucks about the money side of it. I know what it's like to be dwelling on mortality when most people around you aren't (though maybe not to your extent). If you ever need anyone to just chat to then feel free, my kik is TripleSpeed3

Yeah I can still walk around town, though it often leads to chest pain and isn't fun. The defib is kinda Zippo sized and sits under the skin, with leads going to the heart. They put it in when I was conscious which was quite strange! It should be able to kick my heart if it starts acting up, it also paces it a bit. I don't notice it that much really, but it is in the back of my mind that I could be shocked by accident. But that hasn't happened yet.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.