[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is fucked up, but whatever. Anyone want to talk to a bored,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1
File: RIP.jpg (117 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
RIP.jpg
117 KB, 495x495
This is fucked up, but whatever. Anyone want to talk to a bored, lonely young doctor who is addicted to Skype sex?

Don't judge me!
>>
tell more
>>
>>23442824
Okay, like what? Late 20s, male, straight, look similar to Robin in the photo minus the glasses, into anime, vidya, philosophy, and hardcore/kink stuff.
>>
>>23442816
Skype sex with who? how do u meet them?
>>
>>23442832
Craigslist, FetLife, omegle, even /soc/ in some cases. I can't get enough but it would be nice to find people who aren't just a one time deal and then vanish. Finding a good connection in terms of kink chemistry makes things fun.
>>
>>23442843
>soc
men or women? i want to meet women and Skype sex with them
>>
>>23442851
Women, there's no easy way to find them.
>>
>>23442871
>Women
how often do you find a woman that suits your purposes without having to pay?
>>
>>23442880
If you have to pay you're a sucker. Women get horny too. I will never understand why people would pay.

Why has this turned into a thread of guys asking me how to find free Skype sex? Kind of weird.
>>
>>23442887
the chances are it's all gay men who don't actually believe this is real
have fun, bro
>>
>>23442935
Hard to fake a convincing camera and voice in real-time, but sure, they're just gay men with vaginas.
>>
>>23442946
uh, doc i'd be interested in skype banging, i'm a dude though, is that cool? i mean if it's not i'll fuck off
>>
>>23443229
I'd totally be down but I'm just not attracted to guys.
>>
What's your opinion on the up-and-coming treatment for tumor regression using nanoparticles and specific laser frequencies resonating with the nanoparticles, causing about 100 percent tumor regression after 7 treatments?

asking for a friend
>>
>>23443330
lol what the fuck are you talking about? Sounds like bullshit hocus pocus to me. The only meaningful ways to treat cancer are (in plain-speak):

a) cut it out if it hasn't spread, hope there aren't microscopic metastases everywhere (surgery)
b) punish it for trying to replicate quickly (chemotherapy)
c) damage its DNA to try and make it unable to replicate (radiotherapy)
d) help the immune system fight it (immunotherapy)

Everything else is just bench science nonsense that probably hasn't even worked in rats yet.
>>
>>23442816
What kind of doctor?
r u gay?
>>
>>23443351
Don't like dicks, specialty is a secret to everybody.
>>
>>23443346

You inject the patient with nanoparticles, which activate upon exposure to a certain frequency of laser, destroying the cancerous tissue.

Chemo and radiotherapy are dark ages voodoo shit.
>>
>>23442843
What's your fetlife username
>>
>>23443365
I assume you're referring to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photothermal_therapy

No oncologist in treating patients with this anywhere in the world right now. Also, how is chemo or XRT voodoo? The principles under which they operate are scientifically sound. Yes, they damage healthy tissue, but immunotherapy is the most promising development in chemo for decades. XRT is also getting more and more precise.

Also check out a future application of XRT: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abscopal_effect
>>
>>23443387
Hey, doc, I'm a medical physicist, care if I handle this one?
>>
>>23443396
Love me some medical physicists, nobody would be able to get XRT without you guys doing what you do.
>>
>>23443387

Recently it's advanced to animal testing at tuskeegee university in Georgia, in a project led by a medical physicist. It's better than chemo and xrt because it can specifically target cancerous tissue and not damage healthy tissue. Immunotherapy is very good, I agree, but with photothermal therapy immuno is hardly needed.

Xrt and chemo are only still used in place of better systems because big medical needs muh shekels.

10 minute exposure time to the laser causes ~100 percent regression after several treatments. Animal tests were very successful and they've just gotten their first grant.
>>
millionsofpeaches. skype
>>
>>23443410
Okay. For starters, the photothermal therapy you're talking about has some major limitations. It's pretty well limited to surface tumors only. The spectrum of EMF in the area around visible light (Infrared through ultraviolet) cannot penetrate flesh very well, and the attenuation of the light energy is massive in a very short distance under the skin.

So far as nanoparticles are concerned, the easiest way to get them targeted into tumors is by injecting them in the blood stream. Because of the rapid growth of tumors, they voraciously attach to the blood vessels, and the vessels they grow are built in such a hurry that they're actually relatively leaky vessels. If you put nanoparticles in the blood stream, they'll "leak" into the tumors.

The most promising use of these nanoparticles is to actually carry targeted chemotherapy or brachytherapy to kill the tumors. Dope the nanoparticles with chemicals that are designed to release several hours after injecting them into the blood, and you can hit the tumors effectively this way.

Also, XRT has come a long way since early cancer treatments. More generally, other radiation therapy like proton therapy is already well developed and has demonstrated incredible potential.

For what it's worth, XRT and chemotherapy, along with surgery, are the front line treatments for cancers not because of some conspiracy to get peoples' money. It's because they're effective. If you want to get into medical conspiracies to steal money, look at the insurance companies, not the medical practitioners.
>>
>>23443469

Read Dr. Hadiyah Nicole Green's research. It's vastly superior to Chemo and Radio.
>>
>>23443469
Great post, want to chime in and say that I think protons are kind of a scam and have VERY limited application compared to standard external beam (photons/xray) as they're super expensive and so far only seem great for kids. The prostate proton crap is a bogus cash-farm by centers stuck with the cost of building protons and trying to manage the bill by treating more common cancers.
>>
>>23443477
I'll believe you if you can show me some cases of human malignancies treated in vivo as proof of concept, because there sure aren't any prospective trials out there.
>>
>>23443477
I'm sure it's a very promising technology. But, as I said, it's limited in depth. So far as I know, light in the near infrared spectrum can only penetrate skin a few centimeters in depth. She claims 10 in a paper she wrote, but honestly, I'm thinking that's terribly optimistic. For the purposes of fluorescent image guidance for surgery, it's like 2-3 cm.

>>23443488
Proton therapy is super expensive, no doubt, but it doesn't have to/need to be. It's expensive now because it's in its infancy. The benefit of proton therapy is threefold:

First, protons have a WR factor of 2 as opposed to a WR factor of 1 for photons, which means that, all else equal, protons dump twice as much energy into the flesh as photons.

Second, protons are slowed down by flesh, and can be tuned to "stop" in the tumors, so that they don't irradiate the flesh on the far side of the tumor. There's less surrounding tissue damage.

Third, because ionizing radiation beams composed of particle beams can be brought to a stop, those beams experience a Bragg Peak, where the overwhelming majority of the energy in each particle can be dumped directly into the tumor itself.

In 50 years, proton therapy will be exclusively used over XRT. Right now, it's prohibitively expensive, but the benefits are real and very demonstrable.
>>
>>23443521
I get that, but when you need a 3-story complex and an investment in the order of tens of millions to only get a couple of gantries, the technology isn't useful (yet). Protons are known to be the superior particle for this sort of application, but nobody can justify them outside of peds right now.
>>
>>23443545
Hey-- instead of arguing, why don't you answer my question and tell me what your fetlife username is. Im most likely down for camming
>>
>>23443568

my fetlife username is chemotherapyisascientificallyunsoundprocess22
>>
>>23443568
I had to get rid of it because I was afraid of being recognized based on it and I didn't want it to impact me, professionally. I have Skype and whatnot, but yeah, sorry.
>>
>>23443545
>an investment in the order of tens of millions
You're about an order of magnitude off, sadly.

As with all technology, as it's developed, it can be downsized and it gets less expensive. So... we either incur the cost now, and have the technology for the future, or we put off development, and pay the cost in the future...

As the cost comes down dramatically, it becomes more reasonably useful for all persons, where it becomes an issue of preserving quality of life. Which is actually the direction that modern medicine seems to be moving. We've extended the average human lifespan to a point where a significant number of people are succumbing to a hideous quality of life before death.

BTW, MRIs were monumentally expensive back in the early 1980s. They've become positively cheap since. Could you imagine a world where they didn't develop the MRI because of cost?
>>
>>23443609
What? One of the hospitals in my region just got protons and they spent over 10 mil. I'm not aware of it being cheaper.
>>
>>23443623
No, more expensive. It usually runs in the neighborhood of $150-180 million for a 4-5 suite facility.
>>
>>23443633
I mean, I think we both agree that protons are better than photons, but I don't know how we can justify the cost in our current healthcare system, which is already way too expensive for us to sustain.
>>
>>23443587
Why would you post pictures of your face?!
>>
>>23443587
What about kik?
>>
>>23443637
That's the question. But we also need to consider where most of the expense in our current healthcare system is.

But that's pretty easy to understand. Healthcare costs exploded when the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933 was partially repealed in 1999. It allowed insurance companies to be purchased by finance companies.

Couldn't see that one coming...
>>
>>23443645
Because people want to see them and are very picky on FetLife? Anyway, if you want to chat, you can drop your Skype here, or if you aren't comfortable with that, I can drop my email and you can share your Skype there.
>>
>>23443655
Skype or nada I'm afraid. Kik is mobile only and I only use my PC for this stuff.
>>
>>23443662

Soon, our savior Bernie will fix it. Right?
>>
>>23443667
Theyre not picky. Ive sent people face photos but after I've started talking to them on something else
>>
>>23443675
Ah, no. It's going to take decades to fix.

But consider this. There are people who profit on purchasing stock of insurance companies. This used to be illegal. Since it's been made legal, insurance companies are under much more pressure to turn more substantial profits. The only way for an insurance company to increase profits is to increase the costs to consumers, and to deny more claims.

Seems that making that back illegal again would be a good place to start.
>>
>>23443667
I don't even remember my skype password. So I guess I'll pass. Good luck finding somebody
>>
>>23443692
Well unfortunately the account is already gone, so what are we going to do about it?
>>
Ass
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.