[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OKCupid profile critique thread!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: okcupid-logo-pgn.png (40 KB, 564x577) Image search: [Google]
okcupid-logo-pgn.png
40 KB, 564x577
OKCupid profile critique thread!
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/_Gaston_
Really looking for any type of advice or critique.
I like my profile a lot, but I like getting the feedback of others and am always open to criticism as that is how we grow as people.
>>
I haven't really used OKC in a while, but hey; I'm curious.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/sm0keyy
>>
>>23416623
I'd recommend removing the green text arrows.
Most people won't understand what you're doing, and people who do will cringe.
>富江
Just post the English translation.
Using the original language characters comes across as a bit pretentious.
I'd also recommend removing the emoticons. In my experience; girls find it relatively unattractive.

Otherwise you seem like cool dude.
>>
>>23416623
>>23416640
I'm gonna say you don't have to. They look like arrows listing things, not meme arrows. You're fine. A 4Channer might wonder but wouldn't know.
>>
>>23416383

I hope this is a parody
>>
>>23416670
Would you care to elaborate?
>>
>>23416673
Alright.
>>
>>23416640
>>23416663
Thanks for the info dudes.

Made my point-indicators more consistent with the rest of my profile, so I just changed 'em into hyphens.

Keeping the the 富江 'cause that's how I read it.
Also I'd die without emoticons, 'cause I wouldn't be living anymore.
>>
okcupid.com/profile/uselessfatass

Sure
>>
>>23416374
Why not? I'll provide my own critique as the posts catch my eye.
>>
File: sdf.jpg (104 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
sdf.jpg
104 KB, 960x960
>>23417288
>tfw retarded

okcupid.com/profile/hylianhal
>>
Is using a really descriptive name of my character be advised? Something like FaglordAssgoblin69.

How many movies/books/musicians can I name? I'm already honest about my taste and get a lot of interest because of it.

Also, is letting them know it's a little below average okay?
>>
>>23416374
Is it just me or is okcupid pretty slim pickings these days?

3-4 years ago there were over 1k girls in my area. Most of them were undateable sure, but that still left over 100 potential cuties to get to know. I met my (ex) girlfriend of the past three years within about a month of using the site, and she was an all around great girl.

Now that I'm newly single and checking out the site again the total number of girls in my area after filtering out all the single mothers is an abysmally low ~120, and half of them are this new breed of neon-dyed hair "radical feminist" types that complain about rape culture on a dating site and I'm honestly not sure what they're looking for with all their impossible and contradictory standards.

There are literally less than 10 girls I would consider even messaging let along possibly meeting up with, and that's assuming I even got a bite out of such a small number in the first place.

What happened? I mean, I know Tinder popped up, but the widespread stigma around that has always been that it's an extremely shallow fuckbuddy app, not a relationship app. Where did all the normal girls looking for actual relationships go?
>>
>>23417525
>1000 3-4 years ago
>120 now after filtering single mothers
I think I know where they went.
>>
>>23417610
Nah, I've always filtered out single mothers, and my age range is still 18-26 same as a few years ago (I'm 24 now).
>>
Guys I'm having problems with this part of my profile that asks 'What I'm doing with my life". Am I supposed to write something here? Nothing comes to mind
>>
>>23417850
Well you could always just write "live it" like so many girls there. It's just very boring and unoriginal. I prefer it when there is something you do like job, study or anything you are dedicating your life to.

That being said. Rate my profile too mates. I get a few messages once in a while but I'm not actively using it anyway.
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/saschinator
>>
>>23416383
Your profile is okay. The caps lock about weed is obnoxious, but it would probably be funny to the right people. A couple of your pictures come off as childish. But overall, not bad.

>>23416623
As stated, the emoticons are a bit much, but you seem attached to them, so more power to you. I don't think leaving the text names in the language you read them in is too much of an issue, since you're Asian, it doesn't really come off as an attempt to be pretentious. Add more pictures!

>>23417197
You sound insufferable. Your favourites section is also about ten times as big as it should be.

>>23417296
The "typical Friday night" doesn't need to include sex. It makes you sound like you sleep around a lot. And the "most private thing" section needs to be changed altogether. It's obnoxious.

>>23417378
Don't name more than 5-8 of each. And if you mean dick size, don't write it on your profile, idiot.

>>23417525
Probably because you're still trying to date 18 year old girls when you're far older than them now. Change your age settings to include more women closer to your age. I'm sure you'll find more of them more attractive.

>>23418214
Your profile starts out too negatively. Immediately stating that you won't pay for something so someone else has to do all of the work is offputting. Also, defining yourself by the media you consume is something a 16 year old would do, not someone who's 26. Get a personality.
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/pizzamajorkey
>>
>>23418283
First, thanks for your feedback. I know what you mean with the negative start but the problem is that I often get random likes and don't know who gives them. That's why I wanted to make that clear at the start. Maybe putting that further down is a little better.

About the part with the media you are soo wrong tough. everyone is influenced by media and whoever denies that, lies. I just love it and that's my personality lol. I'm a nerd and I will always be one. Won't change that.

Still, thanks for your feedback mate.
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/cucklord
>>
>>23418478
If you like someone who likes you back, you're given a notification of who it is, even if you don't pay for the site.

It's not about just enjoying media, it's about defining yourself by it. I'm a TV fanatic. I have 10+ TB of the stuff that I'm constantly watching and analysing. However, it doesn't mean that it's the only thing I can think about. I wouldn't spend my whole profile talking about that when there's a specific section made for it.
>>
>>23418512
Lol yeah but I'm not you. It's my personality. Don't get me wrong I like a conversation apart from media stuff too sometimes but I mainly choose my friends based on their media taste because most other stuff interests me close to nothing. Could write some superficial stuff there but why lying and disappointing afterwards. I like to be straight with it.

And the liking each other stuff is true but as I mentioned in the profile I'm not actively using it so that's why I rarely like someone. Will change that in the future if I'm looking actively tough. you are right with that.
>>
>>23418566
I'm well aware you aren't me.

Choosing friends based on media is childish, it's as simple as that. You aren't going to find meaningful connections when you base your interest in someone on something so superficial.

You obviously don't want to actually change anything about your profile, though, so good luck, I guess.
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/mixxcamaraderie/

what's an easier way to tell people I just wanna hangout and fuck without explicitly saying it? I thought I'd have a little fun with my profile, but I'm only getting messages from "wyd"-fuccbois. Is the lingerie pic too much?
>>
>>23418642
It is a bit too much. And if you're only looking for hook-ups, what's wrong with simple messages? And on that note, you might want to try Tinder or something else that's geared towards hook-ups.
>>
>>23418633
What is superficial in choosing friends based on the interest? My best friends have the same interest as me and the friendship isn't even close to superficial. Pretending to care about a topic I don't care is more stupid imo.
And I'm willing to change my profile but you are trying to change me. It's a difference.
>>
Reopened my profile for the first time since 2014 last Thursday, cleared it and started from scratch. I've had maybe 10 visits since than and could use some insight on fixing my profile up.

Okcupid.com/profile/VintageOH
>>
>>23418283
Do I sound insufferable because of my long list of favorites or because I'm a miserable jackass?
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/simpleshep

Lemme have it /soc/
>>
>>23419277
Mostly the latter, but the former makes it worse.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.