[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honest to god how fat am I /soc/ ? This is probably more of a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 4
Honest to god how fat am I /soc/ ? This is probably more of a question for /fit/ But they can be really mean, and i'm not a very confident person.

I want to lose 100lbs by this time next year

So, I"m doing this now. I'm at the point where I want to lose a hundred pounds by this time next year. Not sure if it's possible, but if any fitness people can help me. Not going to lie, not going to make excuses, I have an unhealthy relationship with food. I eat to cure my emotional problems, and have an addiction to fatty not good for you foods.
It's hard to admit that, but it's the god honest truth. I'm tired of covering it up with "Oh I just forget or Oh I just get bored"
How do you lose a significant amount of weight? How do you keep it off? How much does excercize REALLY play into it? How do you stay motivated when all you want is chalupas and ice cream?
I'm tired of yoyoing. I"m tired of heaving when I walk up a flight of stairs, or hiding around a corner when i'm trying to catch my breath after walking to class. I'm Fat. I realize I'm fat, and I want to change that. No quick lose ten pound plans. No "diet for a month" No "eat nothing for a few days"
I want to do this for real, and I want to do this right. The question is how.
>>
timestamp? Ill share what I've learned...
>>
>>23408149
>how
eat less than you use by about 500 calories a day.

If you want to tone up and make it so you can eat a bit more regularly, start doing a lot of cardio. Run, walk, bike, swim for at least an hour to two a day.

Make yourself a calorie goal and never go above it

Give yourself one SLIGHT cheat day a week.
>>
File: 1456649224362-1055393681.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
1456649224362-1055393681.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>
>>23408149
It's actually not nearly as hard as you think.

Go vegan.
Your body works best without any animal proteins, and you absolutely will lose weight.

Not just that, but you can eat all that you want and as much as you want, as long as it's fruits or vegetables.

if you mix that with light exercise, you're good.
>>
>>23408174
>your body works best without any animal proteins

Well that's just factually wrong but okkkkk
>>
>>23408149
Learn about nutrition. Also keto is a great diet if you're disciplined enough. A couple of my friends have done it and one lost 70lbs in less than a year
>>
>>23408182
It's not.

Ever heard of the China Study?
>>
>>23408174
My issue is i get cravings like a motherfucker.

Are there any healthier foods that taste similar (or texture similar) to burgers, and some of the worse foods for you? I know that is worded autistically, but I can't think of a better phrasing for what i'm talking about.
>>
>>23408149
Look at the /fit/ guides in the sticky. Realize that you are going to make mistakes, and when they are made the only challenge will be to not give up right then and their. Start small and make goals that you know you can accomplish. Walk more, eat a little less. Stock your fridge with healthy foods that you ENJOY and won't make you want to go out and buy fast food because what's in the fridge doesn't look appetizing. Replace meals slowly. Accept that you may not reach your goal by the end of the year, but you will be damn close and will feel much better for it.
>>
>>23408186
Considering I just googled and the first two things that came up were "The china study debunked" And the wiki page says
"This article may present fringe theories, without giving appropriate weight to the mainstream view, and explaining the responses to the fringe theories. Please improve the article or discuss the issue on the talk page. (December 2015)"

I don't think thats a valid study to use
>>
>>23408187
They make vegan burgers, that are similar in taste and texture.

They're not necessarily good for you, though.
You shouldn't be eating them daily.

Keeping most of your food consumption fruits and vegetables is the best.
>>
>>23408189
Unfortunately, I live at home with my folks while going to school, and they buy the groceries. That's not to say I can't put in suggestions for meals.

How often should i step on the scale? As is i step on multiple times a day and get incredibly frustrated.

How do you prevent backsliding? In the past, when trying to lose weight, i've backslid hardcore. I know that obviously it's willpower, but unlike an alchoholic that can just stop drinking, you can't just stop eating ot heal your relationship with food.
>>
>>23408182
nothing you can get from animal protein that you can't get from plant protein, with way less fat and over all calories. the only thing meat consumption has been linked with is cancer
>>
Regular exercise is key. Simply walking everyday for 30-60 mins will help keep your metabolic rate high, drink lots of water to stave off cravings and cleanse your body of toxins. Eat nutritionally balanced 2 hours before exercise, and eat fast sugars within 30-60 mins of workout. Body weight exercises are the best, planking is a wonder.
>>
Also, I read someone mentioned 500 calories a day, but WHAT should those calories be though? protein? I know damn well i won't be able to go vegan. That's just not something I"m going to be able to do. But I honestly don't have a lot of food knowledge. I'm 22, and have been overweight since freshman year of highschool. I never truly learned much about health or fitness.
>>
>>23408172
Let's see those tits.
>>
>>23408205
I lost about 70+ lbs in just under a year with this strategy by the way. And I've been successfully maintaining my weight for almost a year now.
>>
height/weight, OP ?
>>
I'm going to sound ignorant as hell, but planking? I don't know what that is.

Also, how late would you reccomend eating before bed?

Should i cut out diet drinks? I really drink a lot of caffene diet drinks because I'm in school and study a lot (Aerospace engineering junior year) Lot of math and chemestry that's very high stress)
>>
>>23408215
I..
Fuck it
Not like I can do much to make it worse at this point, I posted a full body picture
5'5
140 is what I should be but as we probably know, BMI scales are fucked up and just a rough guideline. I've allways been broad shouldered and muscular, even when I was healthy
>>
>>23408212
500 calories a day is not good. you'll quickly burn out and start binge eating. more like 1,500 a day with exercise

I highly recommend the app myfitnesspal. it will give you helpful goals on all that stuff. but you may want to schedule an appointment with a doctor/nutritionist to make sure you aren't accidentally malnourishing yourself
>>
>>23408218
planking is the best workout. look it up. Never eat heavy in the evenings, try and get breakfast to be your heaviest meal of the day. Cut out as much sugar and trans fats as possible. I use coffee for my caffeine intake, i drink about 4 cups a day or so
>>
>>23408225
There was a study done that it doesn't matter what you eat really as long as you reduce calories. I mean obviously it's recommended that you eat healthy. You do look good though. But yes you could stand to lose.
>>
Eat only green vegetables and meat.
Avoid starch and sugary foods.
Drink nothing but water.
Walk for an hour a day.

Do that for 6 months to see progress, but basically do it until death.

You're in it for the long run.
>>
>>23408204
You don't have any citations for that, nor is that proven fact. So please don't spew misinformation.
>>
>>23408202
You can't really 'stop' doing anything until you are in a healthy state of mind. There is a reason you are using food as a drug, and honestly you should work on that while working on losing weight, otherwise it will all be for nothing when you relapse. You could try therapy, or you could try to heal yourself by slowly looking at your problems and REALLY thinking about what's hurting you and why and how you feel you can fix them in a healthy manner that doesn't involve hurting yourself.

That is key, the other things are just suggestions to make the transition easier. And once you do start to lose the weight, you will feel better in your body AND mind.

Some tips though:

Proteins (nuts, eggs, small portions of lean meat) help control hunger.

Grains and starches make you sleepy, so I save them for evening when I want to go to bed.

You're body needs a balance of everything, and a good salad should look and taste appealing-look up recipes and try them.

You will gain muscle weight as you excersise, and it will be faster than losing weight usually, so you will hit this point of checking the scale and it's look like you put more weight on, when in reality muscle is very heavy and your body is gaining it. Don't get discouraged when that happens, just look in the mirror and see if your curves have changed.

Lots of water, if you want something sweet-go for fruit and honey, yogurts, small bits of semisweet chocolate. If you want something fatty and delicious, have it, but have it in a small portion WITH something healthy like a tasty salad, fruit salad, or nuts to help calm the hunger down.
>>
>>23408204
>what are amino acids
>>
Hi honestly you are overweight but it's nothing that can't be fixed, you're beautiful and getting motivated is half the journey. Most of what you want to do is work on your diet, cut out all soda completely. Completely. Up your water intake probably, use an app like plant nanny since it helps. Try to eat vegetarian or vegan most of the time but don't let yourself miss food you enjoy. If you want to snack, have a snack. Just remember moderation is important. But also realize that if you find ways to get your cravings through other foods, then you're going to have an easier time. At least for me, for example ice cream was a big thing I had a hard time giving up so I would make "nice cream" which is like a banana ice cream purée and it's great with cocoa powder and coconut sugar and maybe peanut or almond butter sometimes. It's just about finding the healthy eating regime that works for you

What you really need to do is get over be emotional attachment to eating and the negative relationship with food. You can love food and have a healthy relationship with it. Instead of going to the fridge when you want to emotionally eat, play an app on your phone, write in a journal, go on blahtherapy or talk to a friend.

For working out I recommend bloglaties or Jillian Michaels
>>
>>23408212
Nono, 500 calories a day LESS than what it is to maintain your body weight at your activity level. sorry I didn't specify
>>
File: wxN3e8K.jpg (796 KB, 2092x3718) Image search: [Google]
wxN3e8K.jpg
796 KB, 2092x3718
So, I didn't come here to camwhore, but I do appreciate all the help. I wanted to post this for two things,
the people that asked for tits, here you go. I'm not going any further though, please recognize that

The people that are helping, as you can see, most of my weight is in my thighs and stomach. Those are my main target areas.

I really do appreciate the advice guys. Thanks so much.
>>
>>23408239
yeah no this shit is why most people fail
>>
>>23408225
hmm i didnt imagined you were that heavy, i thought you'd need to lose 20kg (45lbs) but the truth is that you need to lose 50kg.

The most difficult and hard trick will be : patience. Yeah, you can't lose 50kg in 6 months, or not even in a year, well, you can but that's not healthy at all.

Join a gym, do a lot of cardio and a bit of lifting (light weight, high rep) and try to watch your diet.
End drinking juices or soda, only water, tea and your coffee in the morning.
no more sauce (ketchup, mayo etc), lot of veggie, lot of white meat (chicken, turkey) or fish, and a bit of carbs.
Right now you need to eat at least 3000-3500kcal a day to maintain your weight, i suggest you count your calory and try to eat no more than 2500 a day for a few weeks, when you'll see that work, cut 200 calories again and again and again with time, until you reach something like 1800-2000kcal.

You need to do things quite slow, your stomach will be used to eat less and less and will reduce his size after a while...

Good luck, losing weight is a pain in the ass, but you can do it, if you can't watch too much about your diet (at least cut every sugar, candy, soda etc) do a lot of sports...
>>
>>23408256
Then yeah, leg work and core is something you need. Squats, lunges, anything that will work your legs. Planks and various sit-ups and crunches will get your stomach muscles in pretty decent shape. But you're going to want to lose weight in general before you start seeing any reduction in belly fat.
>>
>>23408149
Lose like 50-70 pounds and your set, you look sexy as hell already
>>
>>23408246
Kind of personal, but it started with some molestation stuff that happened from my dad when I was younger, that's when I started to get fat. I've tried self help books and all sorts of shit, but I think my esteem is the biggest issue i have now.

I have an entire front room of gym equipment i've never touched, including weights, a boflex, a treadmil, and a benchpress.
I also have two german shorthaired pointers who are energetic, and love to run.

I live in texas, and it's starting to get hot, but I have a pool too.

If i've not excercized in ..well..ever regularly, what would you recommend? would 30 minutes of cardio every other day be enough? Too much?
>>
>>23408256
Oh, another thing, you can't lose fat by only doing 'target areas'. That's a myth for magazines to sell more, you have to decrease your overal body fat if you want to see any muscle work going on in those areas, which you have to get pretty skinny to begin with to even see abs, so don't worry about it too much. Just get to a point that you feel healthy and comfortable.
>>
>>23408256
oh yeah that's not that bad. honestly you can still eat basically whatever you want as long as you grind your ass in the gym doing intense cardio and high rep/low weight weight training. i managed to turn about that much fat into muscle without changing my diet and just training like a beast. your body will basically forever crave the calories, you just have to get the power plant burning as many as you can take it
>>
>>23408270
Is starting to get cooler now. Dependent on where you are in Texas, it could be the perfect time to go outside and do thirty minutes of walking. It's starting to feel incredible. Maybe find a workout partner that will keep you motivated.
>>
>>23408270
Do mild excersise until you get winded, stop and catch your breath, then start again. If you can do it for a full 30 minutes, awesome, otherwise try to aim for a few 15-20 minute sessions every day. The thing with trying to work out a lot right away is that you can end up injuring yourself and being laid out for a while, which just makes things take longer and possibly never heal an injury right if you get impatient. I did this to my leg and it's been three years, and I still have nerve problems in it-let yourself heal all the way if you do get injured.

As for the molestation stuff, I honestly suggest therapy. I had some creepy shit happen to me from my uncle, but I was never touched and I have come a long way with the help from my friends and new family, but I am still going to attend therapy as soon as I can because small things (unconcious things) are still affecting my life and need to be dealt with.
>>
>>23408268
I tried doing a 60 squat every other day thing for about a month, and actually ended up tearing a muscle somehow. Took MONTHS to heal, and a few embarassing doctor's visits.

I kind of either have an all or nothing mentality, and it's my downfall as well as my advantage. It makes it really difficult to figure out when to up my workout and when to keep it as is

>>23408265
I actually have a gym in my home with a boflex, treadmil, bench press, and free weights.

>>23408269
That's really sweet. :) thank you

>>23408271
I figured as much, I guess I just meant those are my biggest insecurities

>>23408273
Again, I have a home gym, I have some anxiety stuff about going to the gym around other people to be honest.

Not trying to make excuses, I want this so much, but I don't know if I need to go to the gym if i have one in my home, and a swimming pool?
>>
>>23408277
Dallasfag

>>23408280
Alright

Just so you all know, I'm archiving all this shit, I think it'll come a long way in helping

And yeah man, sorry about what happened to you, it's pretty degrading, and really can get inside your head. :/
>>
>>23408284
Yeah, that all out nothing will get you. Lol. You just need to work up to it. You're already getting yourself in the mindset. It's a great place to be. You're doing great.
>>
>>23408284
kinda. unless you have incredible drive you're not going to do as much/go as often if you work out at home. going to the gym forces you to work out, and oddly enough the embarrassment will actually drive you harder if you embrace it
>>
>>23408284
>I actually have a gym in my home with a boflex, treadmil, bench press, and free weights.

That's great, but when you join a gym and you go there, it's more easier to do some efforts, i don't know about you, but there is a lot of "cool" things i'd rather to do when i'm home than lifting weight.
When you're at the gym, you "don't" have the choice, you know what i mean ?

You should take a buddy with you and stay motivated with him/her.
If for whatever reasons you can't go to a gym (heavy raining, of if it's closed) i suggest then to lift at home :)
>>
>>23408287
I'm in San Antonio. I think it should be a little colder up there, but I could be wrong. Lol
>>
>>23408287
I'm sorry it happened to you too, and my biggest thing that helped me get over a lot of it is realizing I'm no longer in that position and no longer need to act the way I did because those people aren't around me anymore. I didn't forget anything that happened, and I certainly still hold onto certain survival behaviours that I learned from being around crazy people, but now I can keep things under control and treat myself and other people with respect and reserve disgust for those who deserve it.
>>
>>23408284
>Again, I have a home gym, I have some anxiety stuff about going to the gym around other people to be honest.

didnt read that part. You shouldnt worry about others, i don't know how that work in america but in my country, when we see someone fat at the gym, we try to help him/her by giving advice and we compliment his/her efforts when we see the results.
Everybody who lift at the gym went there for a reason, they were self conscious about something and want to improve, nobody will judge you, hell, they'll respect you for trying to change.
>>
>>23408298
At the moment, yeah. Not looking forward to another triple digit summer. Ugh.

>>23408294
That's kind of what i was thinking too. And I think my health insurance actually has some kind of a discount for joining a gym. The only one near me (well, i live in a metropolitan area so there's lots) but the closest is lifetime. and it's 70 dollars a month. That's pretty astronomical for a gym, yeah? '

>>23408290
Thanks. :)
I'm going to actually head to bed guys. But thank you for all the advice. I'll check this in the morning. :) If i don't see you again, I'll post an update some time in a few months.
>>
>>23408304
This, I love it when I see overweight people at the gym because it's showing a drive that not many people have. It is fucking hard to go into a public setting like that when you are overweight, but you are trying to meet your goals and not many people have that much respect for themselves.
>>
>>23408305
yeah, the average price for a gym membership in my country is 30€ a month (35$), but it's worth it, when you'll see yourself progressing, you wont regret investing in a gym membership, that may be the price for a total new life of confidence, pretty butt and legs and male attention :p

>>23408306
yeah, exactly. And honestly, we're all amazed by some fat guys willpower and progress, and we salute them everytime :)
>>
>>23408149
>How fat am I
>fat
>FAT
>I want to lose 100 pounds
The word you are looking for is obese.
>>
>>23408256
KEK
>>
>>23408256
Dont try to workout like the fit fags say. Just eat 1200-1500 calories a day it's easy. Fuck everyday to burn calories. Do lightweight exercises that are fun. You need to lose the weight before you can workout.
>>
File: 1327189329263.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1327189329263.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
>>23408284
>I have some anxiety stuff about going to the gym around other people to be honest.

This is gonna sound like some 'magic weight loss pill' bullshit but I recently got diagnosed with anxiety (had no idea I had it, I was so good at avoiding situations that caused anxiety) and mild depression and I started taking fluoxetine (prozac) 2.5 months ago.

One of the side effects was no appetite so I just ran with it and started eating a lot less hoping for my stomach to shrink and kept going once the appetite came back. Almost no fast food/soda craving either. I also suddenly had the motivation/ambition for exercise and have been going strong for 2 months. Yeah progress is slow but I recognize that it's a long process and I never step on the scale (no idea how much weight I've lost but I look and feel better and my posture is no longer shit).

The old pre-meds me would have failed hard after like a week because he was a weak fag.

Anyways, stay strong and keep it up, even if you can't cheat by medicating your shitty brain chemistry like me. And remember that it's a 1000x times easier to not eat a snickers bar than exercise for 200 calories worth.
>>
What does the back look like?
>>
I'm someone who has never had to lose weight until recently. Although i think it's more skin and age. I grow belly fat while my arms are toothpicks. I'm trying to do a little work now, so I don't have to do a lot of work later.

Anyway, the fact of the matter is that once those fat cells are there, they're there (grammar, bitches) to stay. The only thing that changes is the amount of fat in the cells. And when the cells are depleted, they send signals that tell you you need to eat. It's false neural messages. It's all in your head, even if it feels like it's in your stomach, and eventually it will weaken and subside as your body acclimates. But you gotta watch that shit like a former alcoholic watches "wine sauce" recipes at restaurants.

Not like I'm the guy to listen to, but that's what I've gathered.
>>
>>23408149
Breakfast - a banana and an orange
Lunch - an egg or 2, salad
Dinner - chicken breast or steak, steamed broccoli, salad, veges
You can mix and match as you please, eg. Swap breakfast with dinner etc.. Whatever easier
I lost 80kgs like this in about 4months, to be fair I was weight training and rugby training as well so. But stick to it it's easy
>>
>>23408149
If its any consolation I'd fuck you.
>>
Read fitness blogs/ fat people stories everyday to keep you motivated and remind you of what habits you need to get rid of
For all of your favorite foods that are unhealthy, keep healthy alternatives
I'm 5' 5" and have the same body type as you, only at 128, you will never really lose weight in your legs, unfortunately, because that's just not how we're built, but exercise like squats and running will help build muscle and tone you up, making your legs smaller and look better
When you go running, don't base it on distance or speed, base it on time
Try to be outside/ at the gym for at least an hour; this will allow you to take breaks, but you'll still be able to get at least 30 minutes in
Sometimes you don't do well, but so long as you stay out there for an hour, you can still feel like you accomplished something
Every month, buy yourself something nice as a reward for sticking with your progress, new clothes are a good motivator
Having a stressful major is hard, I know, so at the very least schedule your hardest workouts on the weekend, when you won't feel bad about not doing school work
Have one day a week where you only eat healthy, Meatless Mondays or Thin Thursdays, that way, even if you slip up on other days, you still have consistency that's helping to strengthen your impulse control
Above all, strive to establish better goals such as working out more, cutting sugary drinks, or eating healthier rather than losing weight, you won't get discouraged as easily, and no matter what you lose, you'll still be successful by accomplishing those things
>>
>>23408149
>>23408172

First off, digging your face. You're a cutie.
So, with regards to the weight, you're big but not hurrendously large. With the looks you could already bag a decent guy I think.
With regards to losing, I used to eat compulsively and to deal with emotional stress. I ended up moving away from who was causing that stress and doing an hour's walk 5 days a week.
I'm still a bit chubby now but not so that you'd ever know, my weight is average and I'm tall so I lucked out with that regard.
I still eat a ton because I've increased my exercise program as I've lost weight but it really does get easier to eat less. The best thing I could say that worked for me was a routine. I HAD to walk every day to get to college so I stopped thinking of it as a chore and just as a necessity. If you can find something in your week you can use as an excuse to start exercising, even if it's something small like a half hour walk, that's a good place to begin.
Also, trying to cut out or deal with emotional stress is an important step. If you're attributing it to studying, then I recognise there isn't much you can do about that, unless you can make a more efficient study plan. If there are any other external influences causing you empirical stress then I'd advise trying to get help with those in any way you can. Being happier and calmer is in your best interests to losing.
With regards to compulsive eating, if you get yourself to start snacking on lower calorie and fat snacks it would be great. When you compulsively snack, it's obviously not because you're hungry it's just your mind telling you to put something in your mouth. If you start snacking on carrot slices or celery, something like that. I used to chew a lot of no-sugar gum but I wouldn't advise taking in too much of that fake sugar.
I hope some of that helps anyway. I took quite a slow and relaxed attitude to losing weight. The most important thing I could say is not to beat yourself up over it.
>>
>>23408369

This. You go to the gym to build muscle, but weight is lost in the kitchen. If you drink soda now, STOP. Just drink water or iced tea. So many empty calories in soda it's not even funny. After a month or two without it, you won't miss it at all.
>>
>>23408256
I honestly think you are just absolutely stunning the way you are. Such beautiful curves.
>>
You do not have necessarily to eat "less". Instead, replace garbage food with something with actual useful nutrients: sweets/candy with grapefruit, melon, oranges etc.
stop it with the plastic-bag "snacks" like chrisps or cheetos or whatever you eat and replace it with high-protein- less fat meat like tuna, salmon, chicken stripes and so on.
Its not more expensive, i have tried out both and you wont spend as much money on snacking because pure, real food will fill you up way more suufecient than that over-salted, factory-produced garbage.
As far as work-out goes, take your mp3 player with you and google beginners-workout and the motivation will kick in pretty soon.
>>
>>23408256
Thighs are not that much of a problem, honestly. you should focus on the stomach. Lots and lots of core-workout.
>>
>>23408149
You're overweight, but not past the point of no return. It's not too late, and you seem to be pretty otherwise.
>>
>>23408256
Don't worry about targeting specific areas. For now, you just have to lose the weight.

Two things: do you have access to ADHD meds? Weight loss is a pretty good off-label use, and it can at least help you get used to eating less when you first get started.

Also, how much do you walk every day? As others have mentioned, walking is a pretty legit form of exercise, especially since it doesn't put too much strain on your joints and is, well, slow. Time spent walking is time spent not eating.

If you don't have access to a scale, buy one and weigh yourself every week at the very least.

Good luck! As you start losing weight, you'll replace the comfort of food with the pleasure of male attention, especially given how pretty you are. Nothing better than being a hot young chick, I promise.
>>
>>23408305
Come to Houston and be my workout partner pls
>>
>>23409230
And don't listen to this guy.

No dig on his taste, but know that it's not the taste of the average man, not by a long shot. There will always be people who find you attractive no matter what, but you're young and pretty! You could be objectively hot! Would be a waste to stay a niche interest.

And yeah, yeah, health is crucial and whatever, and feeling light and sprightly is great, but you already know that.
>>
>>23408149
>>
holy fuck so much broscience and diet advice straight out of magazines here
>>
>>23408149
Palo diet and ddp yoga. And I would love to date u
>>
idk but you have killer legs more pls
>>
From February 2015 to the present, I've dropped 90 lbs, though truthfully, I've been maintaining the same weight since about December. I'm a 6'1 male, so your experience will likely be a bit more difficult than mine, since women tend to burn less calories than men. Firstly, yes, exercise. Start doing lots of cardio, even if it's just light jogging or power walking until you can work your way up. If you're not putting any sort of stress on your body, all a diet will do is atrophy your muscles rather than burn any significant amount of fat. Also, diet. While measuring your macros can be beneficial (regulating carbs, proteins etc.), starting out, figure out what your BMR is (the amount of calories you burn ambiently throughout the day) (you can learn what your BMR is with a quick Google search for "bmr calculator") and eat under that every day. I can't stress enough how important it is to count every calorie you eat, since forcing your body to use its fat reserves for energy is how you'll lose weight. At first, you'll likely lose a pretty significant amount, and then you'll plateau, and it'll become pretty slow. That's because as you begin to work all of your muscles, your muscles are being depleted of their glycogen (what we call 'water weight'), but after a few months of diligent diet and exercise, you'll begin to see actual, noticeable changes in your body. Just don't expect it to be instantaneous. Um, sorry, for info dumping so much. If any of that was unclear, just go read the /fit/ sticky. It's surprisingly helpful.
>>
DDP Yoga helped me lose a shit ton of weight.

It's fun to do and you actually feel good after doing it. Watch this video to get inspiration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIXOo8D9Qsc

PS Nice boobs ;)
>>
>>23408174
You are a goddamn retard.
>>
>>23408149
Cut carbs
>>
Wow, I woke up this morning to a lot of help.

Thanks guys.~ Archiving all of this, I appreciate the comments about my face.

And all of the helpful advice. I'll likely just start by eating less, and then going on short walks. once a day. Hopefully that's enough to get me started :)

I'll post an update in three months :)
>>
>>23410404
I think you're a total cutie pie just the way you are, perfect gf material
>>
>>23408256
You are fucking gorgeous. Wow. I'd do many things to you.

But yeah, obviously it's better health-wise to lose the weight. I'd read the /fit/ sticky, it's incredibly useful. Honestly, it's not even that hard. The hardest part is starting actually. You don't seem to be too far gone to easily lose the starting weight. The first 20-30 lbs is easy as fuck.

http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html
>>
>>23410317
I fucking love DDP. His yoga has helped plenty of incredibly successful professional wrestlers too, his shit does legit work. Give it a go OP.
>>
feel free to post more nudes while you're here, OP <3
>>
>>23408149
Outside of ideal but still within acceptable parameters for personality to compensate. To simplify, would go to a movie and slam.
>>
>>23408204
Eating primarily meat is associated with higher energy levels and metabolism, actually. Really, though, you should try and keep a relatively stable diet in terms of what you've been eating, though cutting calories will help somewhat. Realistically, doing something to burn more calories would be preferable.
>>
read the fuckin /fit/ sticky
everything you need to know for long term weight loss is in the sticky
if you want to kick start your weight loss look into psfm or rapid fat loss
log everything you eat. every single thing. buy portion sized plates or a food scale.
>>
Still sexy tho
>>
>>23408369
listen to this bubs. you gotta get used to being hungry if you wanna lose weight, and that's just a fact. exercising more can paradoxically make you gain weight by making you more hungry (and thus eat more), so just remember that your diet will determine your weight loss or gain, not your amount of exercise.
>>
>>23408149
>you're fat
> still fuckable
>questionable gf material
>would be hot if you lost the weight
>don't get any fatter
>cut out sugar
>drink water
>>
>>23408187
Keto and/or intermittent fasting are great ways for satiety
>>
You're fat. The stretch marks are bad

>>>/fit/

Read the stickies, follow the advice, OATS AND SQUATS.

>But I don't want muscles!
Muscles help to burn fat, and a toned look looks good on women too.
>>
High intensity training (30 seconds as hard as you can on a bike going uphill) once a day every day. You'll get legs of steel, then just keep going and ride to the store or somewhere. When it gets hot take more water and take your clothes off.

As for food, stop eating. Don't be ano, truly fast for a week. 7 days of no food. Learn what your body feels like in ketosis, learn what your body needs. When you end the fast (follow all the online guides) your tastebuds and brain will be primed for real food like vegetables and clean meats so you have to jump on that chance. Eat clean and keep riding. Also avoid carbs unless you're riding long distances. The starch just turns into fat unless you burn it off. Better to eat veg and lean proteins, just fuel for your muscles. The muscle will burn off your unwanted fat, along with the 7 day fast taking a big amount off.

If you're still a teenager you probably shouldn't fast though. I don't know that it's healthy for kids who haven't fully developed yet (brain, heart, etc.)
>>
Pretty face.
Great legs.
Nice tits.
Belly is big but not awful. Just a sign you're not in touch with your body. Get better at it.
>>
>>23408256
Can we see your booty, op?
>>
>>23410404
can we see your ass?
you're pretty cute btw
>>
>>23408149
I'm more of a skinny/muscular guy. 145 with about 11% body fat.

That all out of the way to give some ethos, I'll say the biggest thing you need to avoid is empty calories. Seriously, the first and most important thing is calories you don't need. Generally the biggest problem is sodas, though you said something about diet soda somewhere, so that may not be you. Either way, soda in general is shit for you. All that sugar is going to hurt you one way or another.

Next biggest thing: Exercise over eating concerns. Seriously, this is such a big thing. You will find that if you just work out, and actually try, you can pull it off a lot easier. I'm not saying you shouldn't portion control, but a big part of it is exercise. Trying to just NOT eat or something similar will hurt your health in the long term, and may result in unhealthy loss of weight.

The next biggest thing is finding healthy alternatives. I can't tell you how many calories I shed when I went from a snack-cake to a protein bar. Or when I wanted a soda, and instead grabbed some tea. Not to say that you can't have stuff that tastes good, but moderation is key. If you sit down and do that math, you'll figure out how many calories you're taking in. That's the biggest part of it all. In your case, it may be more eye opening than any other part. (After all, all shit aside, knowing how much you eat is a big factor.)

Speaking of eating. If you aren't cooking home, give it a go. Even if you have to eat out frequently, keep track of WHAT you eat. A burger here and a large fry there may not seem like much, but they REALLY add up. Quality over quantity is an important lesson, especially when losing weight. Getting in good, complex carbohydrates and balancing a diet is just as important.

I'll summarize at the end of my next post, along with some tips on exercise.
>>
>>23416062
Continuing on from the last post, I'd like to break a few things down:

Exercise, and what this means. Everyone thinks exercise is working out until you're sore and miserable. That's simply not the case. Little things add up amazingly. Make it a habit to get up and walk. Instead of watching the TV on your butt, get up and do walking in place. (Yes, as silly as it sounds walking in place will help tremendously.) You don't have to jump right away into shit like push-ups, pull-ups, lifting at the gym, or any of that. Baby-steps are important, and I stress this with everyone. You have time, better to lose the weight slowly but surely rather than to be burnt out and give up on the exercise.

Next big thing is getting all the muscle groups. Like a machine, you don't give your car a monster engine if you're driving a smart car. Your body is the same way. You need to get a variety in. Jumping jacks, toe touches, runs, push-ups, sit and reaches. All of these are important. You might notice I included stretches, this is because that there is more than simply lifting. Flexibility is great to health, though many people ignore this.

Another big tip to general health is that you should work out once a few days. You don't need to do every day, but three days a week is sufficient. Just walking, then walking/jogging, then jogging/walking, then just full jogging. You have to be willing to be patient to get the results you want. Losing 100 pounds is not something you do on a fad diet, or in a few months.

Now to summarize: Be patient, and keep a healthy diet. Do not fall for quick or easy escapes, nor don't try to over-step your bounds. Only by working out all of your body and slowly ramping up to a healthy and active lifestyle can you create a long lasting one. Exercise can be fun and easy, without the hassle that you might associate with it. Only by finding what works for you and what you can get through will you succeed. Remember, you can do it!
>>
You people can feed advise to these individuals all day. More than likely they have heard it before and are just not willing to make that life change.
>>
Chicken breast, fish and occasionally steak
Veggies of all colors
Brown rice and shit
It's that easy.
>>
Check your kik. X
>>
>>23408149
You're curvy not fat.
>>
Congrats on not bullshitting yourself and admiting it, that's the first step.
I started at around 180, gotten to 127 at my lowest, though I've been rubberbanding around 127-130 for months now. Hit a rut.
However, I'm about 99% sure I'm anorexic at this point, so IDK how appealing my methods would be to you. (I mean, don't knock it till you try it I guess. I don't even give a shit anymore I'm so much happier being anorexic and slightly chubby, and maybe someday actually skinny, than I was being fat. But that could also be the anorexia talking. I digress)
I can say that I haven't really changed my exercise habits at all. Basically ALL of my 30+ pounds went off due to diet. Granted, I have a bit of flub in places I'm sure would benefit from more exercise just to tighten it out, but not sure I have the energy at this point to actually hit the gym. Basically my daily workout is walking from one end of campus to another for class and lifting boxes of merch for work.
I live off adderall and less than 500 calories a day. I try to aim for 300 though, hoping to get to a point where I can fast. Now, if you're not looking to go to extreme, what I've learned from this process, cutting back calories was gradual. It just got out of hand for me. It was hard at first, REALLY hard, but it didn't take long to get used to. I've conditioned myself at this point where I don't even notice hunger at 3-500 cals a day.
So start with cutting back calories. Small amounts, it'll be hard at first, but you'll get used to it and be so much easier. Then you can decide how much more you wanna cut back. Take it in chunks. Write down everything you eat, you'll be forced to acknowledge how much you eat then.
>>
>>23416460
anon pls
theyll never get better with ppl like you telling them theres nothing wrong
>>
>>23417495
This is the worst. Either fast for real or eat your 2000 cals but don't do this weakness shit. It fucks everything up.
>>
>>23408149
ok OP I'm gonna boil down what I know but seriously read /fit/ sticky you don't have to interact with anyone there.
1) Eat less and MONITOR your calories. Don't use your feelings as a gauge, use dead straight data. You know you can eat a bunch of ice cream and feel hungry.
2) Lift some weights and swim. there are pros and cons from lifting/cardio but I recommend lifting. you can speed up your metabolism, get leaner, and its time-efficient. and no, you won't become she-hulk overnight. search Stronglift 5X5.
an alternative is swimming, but it's a nail-biter for me because I smoke. however here is a program. http://ruthkazez.com/swimming/ZeroTo1mile.html
Also, learn to cook. I know you live with your parents but it is important to know what you put in your mouth, and you can make delicious food while losing weight.
Godspeed femanon
>>
>>23416112
Kinda funny that you say that , because since this post, i've been losing weight, eating less, and walking daily.

It's only been a few days, but i've gotten down 6lbs (most likely water weight but still)

As for everyone else, I"m still reading the posts, but have been pretty busy. :C sorry. However, I am archiving all the helpful tips and information.

>>
>>23418613
well-wisher here.
gl;hf
>>
I'm late to the party but I'm gonna throw my 2c in too.

You fat but you're not past the point of no return. You look like if you make a serious effort now you can turn this around with minimal permanent damage to your skin.(excessive sagging)

Start with small changes like eating off a smaller plate, cut your portions back a little to start.

If you can cut out all other drinks except for water. If you can't manage going cold turkey on your flavoured drinks halve your intake and substitute water as much as you can tolerate.

Try to eat healthier options when eating out. If you can make all your food from scratch. Eggs, chicken, canned fish and frozen veg are your friend. The internet opens up a world of options for healthier meal options.

Move more. This I found was easier to do than the food changes. Walk as much as you can. Make time for a BRISK walk in the morning/evening. Do some body weight exercises at the end of your walk. Again with the internet you can find exercises to suit your personal circumstances. Sit ups, push ups, planks, burpees, lunges, all good beginer starting points.

This would be just the first steps to weight loss. After about 2 months of these smaller changes it won't be such a shock to the system to make bigger changes like a serious diet overhaul, calorie counting, higher intensitiy work outs.

Good luck!
>>
>>23418687
reminds me of loose skin. OP I see some stretch marks on your body. you should do some research on how to prevent it- lotion etc.
>>
>>23418613
Would u please kik me I'd love to chat with u ontheball144 is my username
>>
30 to 90 minutes working out every day, eating mostly healthy and an undefined amount of time will make you lose a lot of weight.
>>
Just stop eating so much you fucking idiot and eat actual food. Also, don't eat more calories than you burn. If all you do is sit on your fat fucking ass all day just eat some peanuts and wheat toast and fruit and veggies.

BTW i'm predicting you will be even more fucking fat and useless by this time next year
>>
>>23418246
Eh, worked for me. When I was eating 2000 cals I lost nothing. Wouldn't really gain anything, though sometimes I did, but lost nothing. I was pretty much breaking even at best. Cut it back to 1500, lost a pound every 3 weeks or so, cut it to 500, lost a pound- pound and a half a week. Every now and then I get stuck in ruts, like where I am now bouncing around between 127 and 130, and can't seem to get any lower. Usually take that as a sign I need to cut intake again.
Hence why I'm trying to get to fasting range now. Not quite at that point yet where I can pull it off for real, but have gone a day or 2 on a handful of peanuts or popcorn before. I'm trying to get to 115 max, 100 ideal. Though mostly I just want to get rid of the extra fat in my gut area. Gotta lose that fat percentage before anything else, though unfortunately mines going away everywhere except where I want it to. At least my cheeks aren't as chubby I guess.
>>
Expend more calories than you consume.

1) Make an account on Myfitnesspal or a similar site/application
2) Calculate how many calories you need to eat to lose X amount of weight per week (I did 1.5lbs)
3) Stick to it and try to limit cheat days. This is the hard part. You will soon learn that the volume of food you're able to consume is based on how "healthy" it is, for the most part (example: you can have a sliver of cake of a heaping plate of broccoli.) You're not stupid, you don't need a meal plan, just stick to the number of calories you need to lose weight and figure it out for yourself. That's how you make a lifestyle change.

Good luck :)
>>
>>23408174

omg. NO
By all means, go vegan! It's great for yourself and the environment, but don't listen to idiots like this who seem to think the law of thermodynamics doesn't exist. There's no secret way to scarf down 3000cals of fruit in a day and have no negative effects. Why do vegans and pseudo-science have to go hand in hand? :(
>>
You're fat enough that if you did lose as much weight as you plan to, you'd be covered in lose skin and feel even worse then you do now
>>
>>23420614
No she isn't, you douche. Stop trying to make people feel like shit and not bother trying.
She is tall enough, young enough and her fat distribution is in such a way that she would have little to no loose skin at all.
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.