[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There are so many young people on this board. Sometimes it can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: 25.jpg (55 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
55 KB, 500x380
There are so many young people on this board.
Sometimes it can be hard to relate to them.

Lets get a 25+ thread going so the older folks can chat and make friends. I'll go first.

27/f/US
>>
>>23396813
27/male/SoCal
>>
M27/Us
>>
>>23396813

35/m/midwest
>>
>>23396833
Hi there!
How are you doing tonight?
>>
28F

I'm not sure what kind of elevated discussion we're supposed to have here, though. We gonna talk about doing our taxes?
>>
>>23396867
>>23396836
>>23396833
How many of you still live at home with your parents?
>>
>>23396872
I moved out when I turned 18 because I was "independent" and "didn't need anyone". I wish I would have taken advantage of a free place to live and home cooked meals every night for a couple years.
>>
>>23396872

I live in a low-end 400 square foot studio apartment alone in a place where cars regularly end up on cinderblocks overnight.

Don't be in a hurry to move out.
>>
>>23396889
I moved out at 18 and never looked back. When I was in my early twenties I lived in shit areas but now I'm doing fine and would not go back and change it. I feel like I gained much more in character by struggling early on.
>>
>>23396867
29 M

We can talk taxes, 401(k), decent breakfast recipes, weird sex stuff, travel, whatever you want I suppose.
>>
>>23396898
I guess I moved out at 18 (because dorms) but didn't really live in my own place until 23
>>
m/25/NorCal
turing 26 soon.
>>
>>23396908
And about how all of our friends have kids and we're that awkward sunovabitch that doesn't get always get invited out with them anymore because we're becoming unrelate-able but they still try to set us up with random people in the hopes that we make a baby soon?
>>
>>23396889
Yeah, my late teens and early 20s were spent in really shitty apartments with a lazy boyfriend who did absolutely nothing to better our life.

>>23396898
Absolutely true. You learn how to take care of yourself and to survive on your own. I think it made me a stronger person.

>>23396908
If you honestly have decent breakfast recipes lay them on me. I'm a great cook but I just don't do breakfast too often.
>>
>>23396934
Couldn't agree more about the stronger person. I meet people now and I pretty much think they are failures because they can't do laundry.
>>
>>23396924
I mean yeah, we can talk about that, too.

That's got to feel...weird.
>>
>>23396951
Oh. So just me then.

Well alright.

About that breakfast...
>>
26/M/France

Yeah i went back to my parents home since 1.5 years due to a breakup
Life is still good, i can make some good saving to travel
>>
>>23396951
Can we not talk about it..?
>>
>>23396934
I mainly make eggs over medium, and eat them with toast.

Or, Challah french toast. Honestly most of my recipes are just making breakfast potatoes and throwing last night's vegetables with today's egg whites.
>>
>>23396967
>>23396960
No we can talk about it - I just feel kinda bad now because I'm actually one of those married people. And I just found out I'm having my 1st kid.

And the undercurrent of terror that has dominated my life since that moment has brought me back to /soc/
>>
>>23396972
I do toast with sliced tomato and avocado with over easy eggs on top. Cracked pepper and sea salt on top. Hot sauce optional.
>>
>>23396977
You enjoy that, maybe you'll be too preoccupied now to try and set me up with one of your random friends lol
>>
>>23396993
Probably. I'll spare you the blind date. I could probably use a babysitter, though. And a drinking buddy.

Just not at the same time, I guess.
>>
>>23397007
I can do either. Pay me money to watch the kid, pay me booze to hear your woes about life. Win-win-win.
>>
>>23397013
Then it's settled. See you in 8 months.
>>
Well I left home 3 days after graduating high school, spent 14 months in the military, pulled off a ROTC, scholarship. Went from dirt poor attended a state university and mobed up through the officer ranks.

I decided I wasn't staying in my hometown and left 3 days after graduation. I pulled the long straw and won.

Do I have issues, oh hell ya. 3 beautiful kids. Great career. $100K job. And a wife who won't fuck me.
Kik:
Superconmax
>>
>>23396945
My younger siblings went the other direction. They stayed home for a long time and I swear to god my youngest brother has no idea how to do laundry or the dishes. It makes me sad.

>>23396972
I think my best breakfast is probably chorizo and eggs. It's delicious but is a pain in the ass to make.

>>23396984
I require hot sauce on my eggs. Always.
>>
>>23397030
Chorizo and eggs is amazing.

I forgot about biscuits and gravy, as well.
>>
>>23397030
Mmmm chorizo... So when are you making me breakfast?
>>
File: Picture 4.jpg (162 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Picture 4.jpg
162 KB, 1280x720
26 here. Time fucking flies and I still haven't a clue what I'm doing. :D
>>
>>23397036
I make biscuits and gravy but I take ground beef(not too much) and cook it in the gravy. Delicious.

>>23397041
When you bring the chorizo and eggs to my house!
>>
>>23397043
I have a career, comfortable place to live, dog and a cat and I still have no idea what I'm doing.
>>
>>23397047
I do breakfast sausage usually, then scratch-make the gravy from the sausage fat with flour and milk.

I may have to try the ground beef though.
>>
>>23397047
Cool see ya in eight hours for brunch. Should I bring anything else? What type of dog you got?
>>
>>23397043
You are decidedly not alone in that, sir.
>>
>>23397062
Don't go to the dark side!! Sausage gravy is GOAT !
>>
>>23397062
I'm just not a fan of breakfast sausage. I also don't like ham and I know a lot of people who think ham is a great breakfast meat.

>>23397065
Fantastic! I have a Jack Russell who is kind of the coolest dog ever. My cat is a bitch though.
>>
>>23397084
1. You are entitled to whatever breakfast meat you want.
2. Jack Russell's are awesome. I want one. I wanted any dog, but I love my wife, so I have 2 cats now.
3. Even when cats are cool, they are bitches.
>>
>>23397094
Don't mind the errant apostrophe, please.
>>
>>23397084
Jack Russell's are the only small dogs I like.
Breakfast ham sucks, you are not alone on that.

I'm a big sausage and bacon fan, gotta have both when I go to Cracker Barrel
>>
>>23397094
Yeah my cat is kind of a bitch. I mean I love her to death but I also hate her at the same time. Do you REALLY need to attack the toilet paper roll? Is that necessary?

>>23397099
He's a little firecracker. Always fun to have around.
And yeah breakfast ham is stupid.
>>
>>23397231
One of our cats has this new thing where she jumps on the bed at 4 in the morning and touches my face until I wake up. It would be charming, I guess, but she's not declawed.
>>
25/m/Brazil

>>23396880
moved out at 18 for the same reasons here
I regret nothing
>>
27/f/CA

I don't come here as often as I used to desu
>>
32 m Southern California. Own a condo, live with two cats, separated for over a year, waiting for the court to finalize divorce.

I consider 25 year olds to still be kids.
>>
>>23397274
Anything over 25 appears to be at least 1,000 in internet years.
>>
28 year old guy from Belgium here. How is everybody doing today?
>>
>>23397243
My little girl likes to come in for affection and then sink her claws deep into my leg. Its how she shows her love. At least thats what I tell myself. I've got battle scars.
>>
>>23397363
>>Its how she shows her love. At least thats what I tell myself.

It's the only way to make the relationship work.
>>
26/m/US(midwest)

Line cook at a fine dining restaurant. Live weird hours since I work long long shifts often and typically from mid-late afternoon until 1 or 2 AM. Not really sure what else to say?? Ask me anything if you want.
>>
>>23397424
What part of the midwest? I'm from Wisconsin
>>
>>23397429
Ohio here, don't come you can't escape and it's awful.
>>
File: tedbundy2.jpg (48 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
tedbundy2.jpg
48 KB, 500x334
28/m/usa

I feel like a fucking geezer when I'm on the chan, but I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>23396813

30/m NW US

Feeling all responsible, job and stable and all. I'm actually turning 30 in a week, but close enough. I shirked and scoffed every opportunity now I'm going to be a 30 year old virgin with a car that has a mysterious bad odor I can't identify.

Having a little money, my own place, decent shape, not horrible looking but I can't stand immature people so I just sit around wallowing in my spare time.

Such is the life I have chosen, not that I'm happy with it.
>>
File: nlqoep6J2a1qavvvjo1_540.jpg (66 KB, 540x241) Image search: [Google]
nlqoep6J2a1qavvvjo1_540.jpg
66 KB, 540x241
25(26 in june) F Australia here.
Life is boring and lonely.
Anyone have plans for the weekend?
>>
>>23397544
Why is life boring and lonely for you sweetheart?
>>
27/m/Denmark
>>
>>23397585
Every day is the same. Uni, work, sleep. I don't really have a lot of friends or a partner.
>>
>>23397623
Sad to hear that. At our age, it's really good to be able to talk to people. Especially if you are in that work/sleep/... mentality.

What are you studying? What's your job?
>>
>>23397632
Yeah it's definitely hard to make friends.
Studying Arts, work at a cafe.
What about you?
>>
>>23396813

34/m/SoCal

feeling mighty old all of a sudden :-(
>>
>>23397648
I'm a wage slave working in IT.
Married, 2 kids. The works. Sadly, my weekends are never boring!

Don't you have interesting classmates you can befriend? Or coworkers?
>>
>>23397662

Whatchya do in IT?
>>
>>23397671
Browse 4chan.

Nah, just sysadmin stuff.
>>
>>23396813
26/M/SF(CA)
>>
>>23397544

Talk to us about Australia. There's a company out there I'd love to work for and I'm curious what culture and weather are like.
>>
>>23397662
I've definitely tried.
>>23397686
What company?
Sydney is currently going through a heatwave, yesterday it got to 41C
>>
>>23397763
I'm sure you'll get there eventually.
>>
File: My Snapshot408.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
My Snapshot408.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
25/Male/Sweden

My old bones ache and I'm bored as fuck.
>>
>>23397043
25 here. made a apprenticeship for three years in a job i dont want to do for the rest of my life, after that i completed bachelor degree course in an useless subject, atm I am in the first semester of master degree. to be honest, i just started the master degree because I dont know what to do else.
cluelessness ist part of my life since I finnished th regular school.
Life goes on, clueless or according to plan
>>
>>23397024
Except for military, sounds like me
>>
File: DSC_0916.jpg (139 KB, 1000x662) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0916.jpg
139 KB, 1000x662
28/M/England

Just because I'm 25+ doesn't mean I understand life. I believe it's a complicated game in which if you know how to play it, the system is designed for you, see I don't wanna play any games, I just want to have fun.

>>23396867
I guess what it means to be adult or not.

>>23396872
I live with my mum and I'm on minimum wage, I pay my mum money so I don't feel like I'm leeching but the truth is she has no money to leech off, it isn't like that.
Fact of the matter is I have no idea how to be "independent", it takes more than a months wages to live in the cheapest flat/apartment type place and everything is so expensive, I think you at least need somebody to move in with, a friend or girlfriend, basically double the income I suppose, well I don't have a girlfriend to move in with so I don't need to move out.

>>23397043
Everybody you knew is going to start to get married and have children, most likely not in that order.
Apart from the losers like ourselves who have no idea what were doing, because like you, that's pretty much how I feel about life.

Everybody is saying all this shit about moving out and trying to outdo each other in life and I'm like "I need a beer."
>>
>>23396880
I did this same thing but i do not regret one bit. I think if i would not have done it i would of not got this sick work ethic i have now. At home it was safe to get good food and nice bed,some luxury as well. Free internet no rent etc. I was doing ok and my brains told me its enough you are surviving. When i tho moved on my own i realised if i want luxury and to do the things i have planned etc i need to make it happen by myself no one is going to give anything to me i gotta work and climb higer every day. 86 thousand seconds every day gotta make them count.
>>
File: Airplane-autopilot.jpg (105 KB, 470x300) Image search: [Google]
Airplane-autopilot.jpg
105 KB, 470x300
>>23396813
28/M/SC Upstate
>Be me
>Be told at age 7 that you don't need friends
>be told by your parents all strangers and friends will kill you and leave you in the ditch
>start being afraid of opening up and become anti social
>fast forward to high school graduation
>hand full of friends that you try and continue to talk to
>after a while they start dropping off and find yourself alone
>for ever alone meme
>fast forward till now
>talk to therapists
>come to find out you have depression because of lack of social interaction
>tries to make friends but to anxious from just the thought of interacting with people
>gotten so scared you've told someone, while at the gym, your going to the restroom but secretly you run out the back so you don't interact

And now I'm trying to teach myself how to properly hold a conversation and not sweat or try and hide as I talk to people... I know I should just start talking to strangers but I don't think I have the emotional capabilities.
>>
27 m cali
no kids.
own house.
70k yr.
motorcycle.
car.
truck.
401k.

who else in here /notreadytosettledown/?
>>
30+/M/CA

Being an adult is overrated.
>>
28/m/Nigeria

I am basically living the NEETlife. I went to univesity for two undergrad degrees. Failed the first one in the final year and then quit halfway through the second one.

Been basically drifting through life for the last 6 or 7 years. Things are starting to look up a bit though. Got a girlfriend (who doesn't know I don't have a degree) and I started a business with my brother and while things aren't exploding yet maybe they will. Pity our economy was built heavily on the oil industry (the value of oil dropped by 2 thirds in the last 24 months) and we're now in a slow down
>>
31/M/Outback

Usually I am shitposting on /pol/ but I broke containment...

Soooo, whatcha thinkin' about?
>>
30/M/UK
>>
File: 1453880891012.gif (410 KB, 221x196) Image search: [Google]
1453880891012.gif
410 KB, 221x196
I'll bite and answer some of the stuff asked about already. Rather new to /soc/.

27M/Southern California

If you care to read my shit complaints, feel free.
Lived alone for about a year, but rent is fucking expensive down here, unless you're willing to get mugged or stabbed. In the process of moving back in with my parents, which is sad.
Been dealing with some mental illness shit for years, actually diagnosed, none of the tumblr bullshit. Sometimes it seems like the therapy works. Not a day goes by that I don't sigh to myself upon waking up. Doesn't help when you hate what you were delt as a starting hand. Like a shit hand you can no longer mulligan.

No kids (thank fuck), been working as an over night security guard for almost two years. Went to college and only got an AA in general science.

Like many here, no fucking clue what I want to do, or where I want to be.
I envy the ambitious and goal oriented. No dreams, hardly any passions, few friends and a strange almost co-obsessive 10 year relationship that I think does more harm than good.

Life sucks. I do think of killing myself from time to time, but be it fear or that I see it as pitiful way out, I continue to live.

Such is life I suppose.
>>
30+/M/Aus It is too bloody hot so late at night
>>
>>23397891
Which bit of the country are you from mate? Whats your job and education? I'm sure it's more than possible for you to have moved out by now
>>
27/m/tx
Get off my lawn!
>>
What makes it hard to relate to people under 25 on here. Most everyone is in the same boat.
>>
File: ihatemyglasses.jpg (46 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
ihatemyglasses.jpg
46 KB, 720x960
29/F/Canadian living in America
Living here is the first time I have tried to be social, I have a small group of friends I actually go out and do things with. It's kind of nice, we play a lot of boardgames.
Adapting to America isn't as bad as I thought it would be, though I do miss Canada.
>>
29/F east coast

hello 25+ I was in the kik group but forgot my password awhile back. hope everyone is doing good!
>>
33/m/ small island

Damn, there is no life during the day here. Everyone is on a 9-5 schedule and get wasted at night, but I live an opposite schedule, I need to find a new hobby.
>>
File: image.jpg (214 KB, 960x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214 KB, 960x1200
>>23398251
>>
>>23398190
Northwest, I went to college and did general IT course, went to University but dropped out it was too hard for me, education just stressed me out.
Work at Sainsburys 16 hours a week, used to do night shifts and more hours but night shifts got cancelled so not anymore.

Maybe I could get more hours at work and more money but it just seems really unnecessary, I don't feel the need to move out and make my life harder than it needs to be, it's like shooting myself in the foot or something, I dunno.
Like I said, I only plan on moving out if I have a girlfriend and need our space, that's not happening in a hurry though so I am more than happy with my current lifestyle.
I really am pretty careless and easygoing when it comes to my life, people are just better at being an adult I suppose.
>>
26/f/ Midwest.

how many people here are married, how many with kids? how do you keep your marriage a happy one?
>>
>>23398291
The east coast, pei. Though I spent time all over the country.
>>
>>23398294
45 M Maryland.
I've been to PEI. Long drive to get there, but it was worth it. It's a beautiful place. I became a huge fan of mussels after visiting and seafood restaurant there. It backed up to the water, and had a dock & a fishing boat. They said those mussels were just caught that day. I ate them like they were candy.
>>
25/m

The older I get the more I want a younger girlfriend. Is it wrong I want to be with someone who is 18? It's this nurturing/protecting thing that I feel compelled to do.
>>
>>23398290

Been married for 8years, no kids.

I think my marriage is happy, I know she is happy for sure. I got a few tips :

1. Get a cleaning lady once a week. Seriously, this seem shallow or futile or whatever, but it does solve 90% of the disputes of 90% of couples. because nobody wants to do the chores and every loves to have a clean home. It makes everyone happy and cost less than a restaurant/dinner a week. Every friend couple I have advised this got instantly better.

2. Listen and compromise. Listen to what they have to say and try to see if a compromise is possible.

More to come
>>
>>23398290
Not married, no kids, and I'm happy about that. I like not being tied down and having the freedom to travel and experience life the way I want.
>>
33/m/southern California

happily married, 3 kids, together for about 18 years
>>
>>23398400
kudos on the cleaning lady, been thinkin on much the same, time and energy between work and suchleaves littler time to clean, how much you pay for weekly?
>>
>>23398400
we never have problems about cleaning. I'm really submissive and ocd. I like cleaning house a lot
>>
>>23398391
not sure in your case. i myself if not married would probably look for someone at least my age if not about 5 years older at least. more experienced and relaxed than younger folks, and really wild in the bed, more so than 18 - 20 year olds
>>
>>23398290
good sex, compromise and the occasional argument over dumb shit, every relationship needs a random argument, make up sex is awesome as long as the argument wasn't over exaggerated lol
>>
File: 2015-12-06 19.36.35.jpg (2 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-06 19.36.35.jpg
2 MB, 1944x2592
28/M/Australia
29 in a few months. It feels like all i do these days is work. I like being busy but my social life isn't the same since moving cities.
>>
29 (almost 30) /M/Australia.

Have friends, a (semi)decent job, but always up for making new friends
>>
>>23398546

Also, single, no kids.
>>
>>23398444
Yes, but the time you spend cleaning the house is time you could spend with your partner instead.

Or put another way, the time you spend cleaning the house is time he is spending without you. While he does need private time, both might not always be on the same schedule.

Advice 3 is actually this : Have some private garden, both need a private time, private hobby, whatever, something you guys don't share or little. Being apart sometimes works wonders to reunite afterwards.
>>
>>23398437
Prices really varies on where you leave, and the space you have, that doesn't mean much.

That said, we currently pay her 80/week for 6hours/week. but again, we are in different countries.
>>
First TIme posting, 28 m ky. LIfe sucks got a beautiful kid. dead end job that i have worked for years not making any money. 401k, ira. stock. insurance make it ok. got a decent wife who wont have sex with me. boss hates me. lifes a bitch, but my kid keeps me going. depressed, fat and unhappy
>>
>>23398232
32 / M / Canada
your face is quite pretty
how does the rest of you look?

you ever think of visiting western Canada?
you got a skype?
>>
>>23398379
I miss living in the island a lot, it's a beautiful place.

>>23398797
I have 6 legs, no ass and am full of worms.

I've lived in western Canada. For now I am staying in America.
>>
27/m/Norway here
>>
>>23398232
It helps that there is a common language in America and Canada. But I can relate with having an intimate group of friends and doing small things here and there, but I can't stand clubs. Board games are fun but I don't get the chance to play them much.

What do you specifically miss about Canada? Timmys I assume?
>>
>>23398858
Just little things, certian lingo. Ketchup chips. Nature here in new mexico is very different from the places I grew up in, I miss the ocean a lot. Laying in bed at night with my eyes closed hearing the waves crashing, very peaceful.
>>
>>23398871
I would recommend an app that simulates ocean wave sounds. I use to live by the ocean myself and that's what I've had to do to help fall asleep
>>
>>23398871
Ahh well it's certainly very different in New Mexico to Canada, and even most other states for that matter. Ketchup chips sound delightful. I've always wanted to try poutine as well.

I grew up in southern California my whole life so I do have the luxury of going to the beach whenever I can, but it sounds like you lived really close to the beach. That definitely seems like something worthy to yearn for.
>>
>>23398882
I actually use one and it for sure helps. I still miss the real deal though.
>>
>>23398883
Yeah I lived in an old house (100 yrs old) about 2 blocks from the beach in a small area of the island called Cavendish. It was really something. Poutine you can make at home if you can get your hands on some cheese curds (places like Sprouts sell them) then you just need some crisp fries and brown gravy!
>>
>>23398884
Yeah I do too. I also miss being able to wake up and go surfing every morning. I used to live right on the beach and that was my wake up routine/exercise every morning
>>
>>23398893
That sounds very dreamy to be honest. Why the heck would you even leave such a place!? Haha

Yea anyone could go ahead and attempt to make something but I suppose it's no the same as having it in the country that it is known for. I mean as an example, I went to Spain a few months ago, and the paella was quite a treat since the environment and ambiance was also something worth taking in.
>>
>>23398609
my wife and i share video games, while we'll play together sometimes, others we'll dominate the console and have that as our alone time lol. i agree with this tho, being together in the beginning is a "cute" thing and couples normally embrace this, but as years go by, they tend to cuddle less (more of when going to sleep, occasionally when waking up and even after sex). a lot of people may feel as though their mate is drifting apart, but after 5 - 10 years, you've done most everything there is together, the alone time and personal space is needed especially if there's kids.

>>23398620
I'll have to look into this lol
>>
>>23398905
I feel you, it's special being so close to the ocean.

>>23398909
I got a great job offer through a friend, better than the little restaurant I was working in. I understand the food thing, though I make poutine for my friends here ok occasion.
>>
>>23398791
marriage is normally when sex slows, most times not even due to anything personal, just life gets taximg with work/chores/kids.

you ever sit down and speak to her about this?
>>
>>23398257
I might remember you from that kik group. How can we get in touch again? Hope you are doing well too!
>>
>>23398921
Ahhh I see, sacrifices must be made at times. I wish you luck with your professional endeavors.

I suppose you also miss having snow? The heat must be unbearable for you.
>>
>>23398981
We still get snow, we had a bit of a snow storm this Christmas though it's no where near as much as I am accustomed. It can be very warm yes, though summers in the island were very warm too, this place its the dryness of the heat that really gets to you. Thank you for your well wishes
>>
25/m/uk/Cambridge

My age is starting to get to me.
>>
>>23398991

Oh no way! I was unaware that New Mexico gets snow to be honest haha. I have family that live out in Arizona and they don't get much snow, and so I figured it would be the same for New Mexico. The dryness in the air is killer though.

What is your favorite board game? What is one thing that you've really enjoyed about your stay here in America?
>>
>>23398609
yah idk he just doesn't seem like he enjoys being around me or our kids. he likes doing his own thing so I just try to keep the kids out of his hair and the house clean. he just seems like pissed off all the time and I'm not sure what i can do to help
>>
39/m/Europe

Been here pretty much since the beginning. Remember, you can never leave. Even though I have hardly watched animu or played vidya in the last few years I'm still here.
>>
>>23398918
but it's not really fair for one person to have all the time they want to themselves to do what they feel like while the other person is always watching after the kids and feeling lonely and unwanted.
>>
>>23399045
We actually had a bit of snow 2 days ago, it was odd. Right now the best board game I have played is called The Red Dragon Inn, it is a crazy amount of fun. One thing I have enjoyed about being here in America aside from the new experience as a whole would be the food, new mexican food is damn good, plus I have made some really really good friends here and the hiking is killer.
>>
>>23399070
this is true, he should be sharing the responsibilities as well as allowing you free time to yourself.
>>
25/m/us-909
kik: cam_ronz
>>
>>23399082
I don't even really mind the not having time to myself. I just miss him and wish he wanted to spend time with me and want to help with the kids
>>
31/m/socal
Finally got a decent paying job last year, where I get my rent paid in less than 1 paycheck and not looking at the cost of everything.
Money used to be a huge stress point. It's a really good feeling bit having to worry about it.
>>
yes, definitely. thats my job at home is enforcer for the kiddos lol. but we also take the time to spend with them as well as have our time together. i can see where youre feeling abandoned and you shouldnt be left to feel like that
>>
>>23399156
I feel like there has to be some way for me to fix things I'm just not sure how
>>
File: tumblr_lxz4qx00Fl1r1oskao1_500.png (337 KB, 461x700) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lxz4qx00Fl1r1oskao1_500.png
337 KB, 461x700
Having reached 32 virgin and unemployed, yeah you can say I have no idea what I'm doing. And even less of an idea on what the fuck to do. This despite having a degree in engineering, going completely to waste. I daydream of moving to another country where even a lowly prole can get a dignified wage and becoming a dockworker or construction worker or something. But I know even that is beyond my reach, because my parents are pretty old already and I'll have to care for them sooner rather later, despite not knowing how to take care of myself.
>>
Could i get an add to the +25 kik group?
Adotattheend
>>
>>23399298
Surely you have magic powers by this point right?

On the real what the hell is holding you back. You've done the boring part you need to just decide to do something with yourself

>>23399302
I'd love an invite too
jsgto87
>>
>>23399212
its not for you to fix, especially if theres nothing broken. the unfortunate side is youre left feeling like there is, and you shouldnt, you've done what you can, and he has to be willing to see somethings wrong. have you tried to talk with him?
>>
>>23399298

>>23399340
id have to agree with anon here
>>
27/M/Minnesota

My knee hurts.

kik: jh_mpls
>>
>>23396813
26/m/eu

>Any other Europeans?

>>23396867
I guess, did you get any tax returns for last year?

>>23396908
Sounds like a plan, any good recipes to share?

>>23396924
None of my friends have kids yet, but some are married and all are in relationships, I'm the awkward single most of the time, feels bad :/
But yeah, don't be in a rush for kids unless you think you want them, I can totally relate to not wanting children..

>>23397043
Me neither, not always but most of the time, finished my studies, but have trouble finding something interesting to do...
I think it's not that much of a problem since most people have no clue what they are doing and they made it pretty far :D

>>23397648
>Yeah it's definitely hard to make friends.
I don't think that's true unless you are very shy/introverted or have social anxiety.
You will never get the chance to meet that much people than you have now while at a university. As stupid as it sounds, just talk to people.

>>23398221
No!

>>23398232
Why did you downgrade?

>>23399298
That sounds terrible man, I would tell you to just go for it, but that's just me. If you managed to get a degree you should be able to find a job as well, if you really want to..
>>
>>23399212
hopefully things can work out for ya, if ya want i could post my kik so you can get shit off your chest, not trying to meet up or cheat, married myself, but sometimes someone to speak to can help
>>
>>23399695
no it's OK. it's extremely kind of you to offer but I'm not aloud to have kik or stuff like that. shouldn't even really be on here. thanks for talking with me
>>
>>23399715
no worries gl2u hope things get better. keep your head up. :D
>>
27/Female

Just found out I need bifocals. Feeling pretty old.
>>
>>2339754
No Plans here... Bored...
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 472x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 472x315
27 F living in Washington state. I'm practically a vampire because I work night shift. No romantic prospects outside of tinder. Wut do?
This would be me except I'm too old to cut myself, I get drug tested so no smoke.
>>
>>23399879
27/m here. My joints and back are stiff every morning, and my widows peak is pretty far up my forehead.
>>
File: bla.jpg (62 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
bla.jpg
62 KB, 800x600
Do i look old guys?? Dont mind my jammies. Im just lying in bed on a friday night like an old fuck :(
>>
27/m/fl
>>
>>23400044
u look pathetic, like a guy who tried growing a beard would make him 'manly'. Manchild.
>>
>>23399954
howdy my northern neighbor, california here, i feel ya on the drug tests, i miss smokin, would rather do that than drink...as far as love life...well married but still never a dull moment lol

>>23399879
stigmatism or near/far sighted? and nah not old....experienced :D

we're like wines and liquor, we get better with age. ;)
>>
>>23399972
fuck i feel ya on the stiffness, i even groan pickin up shit at work lol.. older than 27 tho. :O
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 420x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 420x750
210/M/26

Moved to San Antonio over the summer.

/fit/ + /tv/ are my go to boards.

Into video games, breweries, fishing, kayaking, nerd shit. IT professional. Looking to chat or hang.
>>
>>23400289
nerd here as well
>>
>>23400425
Sup what are you up to tonight
>>
>>23400238
Yeah I would much rather blow down. Well here's to forced alcoholism!
>>23400289
Sounds like you'll love SA. Tubing in the summer is hella fun. My fave dive bar there was Oak Hills Tavern and fave clubish type place was The Phantom Room. SA also has a pretty active Reddit community of you're a fag like that (but no I really met some cool folks through Reddit)
>>
>>23400441
I have some friends in Austin I went tubing with a couple of times. Don't have a lot of friends down here though. I really am not a fan of most redditors but how did you meet them?
>>
>>23400448
Join the SA Reddit group on FB. They have a lot of meet ups but just watch yourself. Redditors can be sensitive plebs. They cool though
>>
>>23400448
Oh and if you like to hookah, Double Apple Cafe was my shit.
>>
>>23400437
tired as fuck from work lol dunno tho probly just hang and video game lol

other than that drink some brews and listen to metal :)
>>
>>23400475
>but just watch yourself. Redditors can be sensitive plebs.
Lol what do you mean? Like their humor?
>>23400489
I'm supposed to be going out tonight with my gf's friend and his gf. Idk what that entails.
>>
>>23400441
not a redditor myself, meet peeps from gaming or the occasional concert, other than that...self dignified loner lol
>>
>>23400495
get that shit man. :)
>>
>>23400495
I just feel like you can't joke with redditors the way you can with anons. They're cool people but there can def be drama. Idk I feel like I was too hood for the group and I'm bougie af. But I'm a dirty south kinda person.
>>
>>23400511
lolz on this, this is peeps i meet and kno irl...sarcastic asshole speakin and yea, not many can take a joke anymore
>>
M/27 - I'm about to go breakup with my girlfriend... I already feel so terrible about it but I know it's the right thing to do. I know I'm going to be lonely. I still love her but I know it's not right for me. She's going to be devastated... Why do I feel like I'm a terrible person for telling the truth about something.
>>
26/m/ here, ended a 7 year long realionship almost a year ago and I'm finally over it, but I'm so fucking lonely right now, moved back to my home town and I don't even have Friends here anymore... I also feel like I forgot everything about dating I feel like I don't even know how to kiss...
>>
25 m
Anybody in southern Ontario?
>>
just turned 25.
Is it dorky I'm actually excited to post in these threads?
>>
>>23400610
Enjoy it while it lasts
>>
25/m/(upstate)NY

I just want someone to watch 90s mecha, play monster hunter and pillow talk with tbvh
>>
26/m/indiana

single, depressed, work full time, live on my own, basically no social life :/
>>
>>23400630
What do you do?
>>
>>23399340
>>23399367
Sadly, my magicks, mighty as they are, don't help me now. Fireballs and golems are nice and all, but the overgods who crafted these spells never made ones for "pad resume" or "meet people".

But holding me back from what, exactly? Well part of the problem is, I have no objective in life, what with "getting a job in engineering" already being impossible. I never really cultivated any skills or hobbies or any sort of constructive activity really, and now I'm paying the price. Quite literally no reason to live.

>>23399652
>That sounds terrible man, I would tell you to just go for it, but that's just me. If you managed to get a degree you should be able to find a job as well, if you really want to..
Well, getting A job shouldn't be a problem I suppose, but the 3rd world isn't known for the high living standards of its working class. I appreciate the thought, by the way.
>>
>>23399652
A really REALLY good job opportunity through friends.
>>
>>23400648
I've been an overnight stocker at Walmart for the last year.
>>
26 /m/sweden
>>
>>23396813
33/m/Germany

Currently travelling across Germany. By bus. It's 2:40am, I'm in Stuttgart and can't sleep.
Would be nice if you talk to me on skype or kik.
kik: leinadgre
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 400x507) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 400x507
>>23400510
>>23400511
Ended up going to Buffalo Wild Wings with just my gf. Need bros though. It's not the same.
>>
26/m/NYC

Life is hard when the bar is set so high amongst the general populous here. I say that because I'm pushing myself to exceed my peers, but no one seems to care. They notice, but they don't care.

Oh well,

If the bottom falls from beneath me..I guess I'll just bum it out. Or get government aid. Honestly I'd rather be a bum.

God fucking damn it, I hate real life.
>>
what a world
>>
>>23400555

I feel ya man, just got out of a 4 year marriage myself. Dating is fucking intimidating. Best part of being married was thinking I'd never have to deal with this bullshit again. When Tinder came out I thought "oh thank god I don't have to do that". I don't really have any good advice sadly, just keep doing it until it works. You got it right once, so it's in there somewhere. That's what i tell myself anyway.
>>
>>23400542
>Why do I feel like I'm a terrible person for telling the truth about something
That something is true doesn't have much bearing on how easy or hard it is to hear and accept.

A person might truly be dying from an incurable disease but that doesn't make it any easier for their doctor to deliver the news, or for the patient to hear it.

Knowing it's true can help a person get through the pain. But that's about the best it can do.

I do wonder whether you've talked to her about this, or if it's just a decision you made without her, simply from how you worded it. The communication "I'm breaking up with you because that's easier on me," true as it may be, is a little more difficult to hear for the other person, since it's something being done *to* them, not with them. Perhaps that's part of why you feel terrible?

Good luck to both of you, whatever happens.
>>
>>23399954

Hidely ho, neighborino! Near Seattle area? I dig working nights and romance being a bitch.
>>
26/M/NY

Married with a house and a government job as a Postal supervisor. A.m.a.
>>
>>23398290
Also in the Midwest. Only been married for a few months but we dated for years. We both talk through our problems and compromise, 99% of the time we can find a solution that works for both of us no matter what the issue. Also, my biggest tip is you both need something to do individually. The couples I know that feel they have to be together every waking hour ether burn out in six months or end up miserable. My wife reads and watches Netflix in the living room and I sit on my computer in the office on the nights we don't do stuff together. It helps keep the peace.
>>
>>23396813
27/m/Midwest here. Married a few months ago, been teaching for three years, getting better at the adult shit.

I bought a house about three years ago and it's the most cathartic experience I've ever had. It's so rewarding to take a room and redo everything the way you want it. I could never go back to the apartment life unless we're talking penthouse suites. Currently upgrading my living room and need to paint the outside of my house along with some landscaping. Shit is fun.

Any anons want to chat, Kik is g55517. Big into video games, movies, books, and college football.
>>
US male just turned 25 a week ago.

I officially don't know shit about what I'm gonna do since I'm not in school, still live with the folks, and don't have a job.

According to a hilarious pic I once saw, all my real friends live in "fuckin' Narnia or some shit" as they all live out of state.

Been prowling /soc/ for some cute cisgender chick of any age who can help me out in exchange for my V-Card, since my folks think I gotta do it myself, but I can't.
>>
>>23403381
You're looking to hook up with a cute girl for money?
>>
28/m/israel
I'm currently in a state of heightened anxiety because I've been contacted by someone from the past who I've never wanted to hear from again
>>
>>23403445
Ask them to leave you alone and then block their number from your phone, block their email address etc. If they are persistent restraining orders are useful
>>
>>23403381
Get a job. Go to bars.
>>
File: WEB.jpg (1 MB, 1992x1380) Image search: [Google]
WEB.jpg
1 MB, 1992x1380
34 male tattoo artist in Chicago

Spent my 20s fucking around not caring. Went to school for vidya game design. Industry is already saturated so just did some concept art projects. Not enough pay

Worked for blockbuster, then tried the navy, got separated out after boot camp (so no military record), worked at Gamestop, then warehouse after warehouse

Then at 28 got a tattoo apprenticeship for my drawings. It was a hard year of working and not getting paid. But I stayed with it and it worked out.

I was never good for office work. It was either manual labor or find a way to make art work for me. I dont even like art I just drew throughout school because I hated being in class so drawing was my escape. Good thing it was killing small animals or someting
>>
>>23403591
*wasnt!
>>
27/m/uk
I got a decent job and a partner, still I have no fucking clue what I'm doing with my life.
>>
>>23398062
32/f/usa

I'm voting Trump because of /pol/
>>
>>23403630
post skype

I love older women who are Trump voters.
>>
35/m just stopping by to say hi from various boards I lurk
>>
File: 1446254738823.jpg (531 KB, 1368x1500) Image search: [Google]
1446254738823.jpg
531 KB, 1368x1500
>>23403630
i like you.
>>
>>23403630
You're going to make some man very happy.
>>
File: 1430185243572.jpg (32 KB, 254x367) Image search: [Google]
1430185243572.jpg
32 KB, 254x367
>>23403783
>tfw no repeating digits
>>
>>23403780
greetings, friendo. what boards do you frequent?
>>
25/m/Oztralia

Fuck me did the teens and early 20's go by quick. The glory days of being a 20 year old club rat are done and dusted.
>>
>>23403816
Posting from my phone now. V vg gif soc b int sp wsg to name a few
Sometimes I'm involved in threads. Sometimes fapping
Most of the time lurking
>>
>>23403630
I think I dated you.
>>
28/m/Vancouver

Meeting people in my teens/early 20's was so much easier. "Hey you like weeb shit? Me too lets run around the mall and be loud". Now I've outgrown most of those friends. But meeting new people at my age is a nightmare, especially in this antisocial city.
>>
>>23403896
I have plans moving to a more rural area in the future. I think it's about being valuable to people around you and generous with time and resources (to a reasonable extent, making dinner for someone and shoot the shit with some cans of beer is reasonable) you can get friends.

I am an optimist but I think it's about focusing on it and trying to have a fun time with the right non-cunty people.
>>
File: 25++++.jpg (78 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
25++++.jpg
78 KB, 640x480
>>
>>23405760
Are you drunk?
>>
>>23403303
that sounds awful just sitting in separate rooms ignoring each other. that's what I'm trying to fix. I don't want to sit and watch TV by myself. I want to do things with my husband and kids.
>>
>>23398232
So true story I almost threw out a post hoping to catch your attention and behold your face appears. I'm an old friend and would like to catch up - if you're still using kik throw me a message at kkina442?

Also it looks like there are a lot of 25+ in socal? Any of you are welcome to holla too, before we all get alzheimers.
>>
36 here, geez. Even by this thread's standards I'm old.

Presently in Toronto area. Would love to move out west, near the mountains. Have family stuff here to take care of for a while though.

I don't really have any deep life advice except to not be afraid to say what it is you want. I spent a lot of time trying to be someone I'm just not and I wish I'd just said things earlier. Best way to happiness. That's all.
>>
>>23398294
do you have a kik fellow maritimer?
>>
27/m/SoCal

Last years Grammys I literally didn't recognize any of the names, fuck this getting old shit.

kik/snapchat alexandor.88 cause I probably won't be monitoring this thread.
>>
>>23399298
What the fuck? Are you fucking disabled? Stop that self pity shit, no one gives a fuck. If your life sucks then change shit until it doesn't. You have to try, it's not just going to happen.
>>
>>23396889

Where'd you fuck up in life?

42/M here.
>>
26/m/Deep South

Shit makes me feel so old. A bit horrifying finally being expected to know what I want to do the rest of my life.
>>
Children...
42/m
>>
29/m/ca
>>
>>23407766
Are you euphoric?
>>
>>23396924
28/M/Hawaii
Yep, I'm approaching that point. My experience is a little different, but I think you'd relate. I'm military, so while my oldest friends back home are starting to have kids that's not so much an issue. What I notice is the group I hang out with is getting younger as the people my age are getting married and talking about kids. Or getting divorced. That's another element of my peer group.

I do have married friends/acquaintances as well, of course, but the women will eventually elude to hooking me up with someone while the men inevitably tell me I need to get laid. All I'm thinking about is how much further I hoped to be at this point in my life, and how getting into a relationship would almost certainly destroy any hope of achieving my initial goals.

Not that I'm entirely opposed to dating, but... I dunno. It would have to be someone worth throwing everything away for, and hopefully with someone like that I wouldnt actually have to.
>>
Glad to see this thread back

27/m/NYC

OP'd a lot of the other threads originally. Let me catch up with thread questions:

-Moved out young, lived all over country through friends/randos, now live alone in NYC in a comfortable, upscale place. Feels good, man.
-Small dogs are cute, but not dogs
-BaconEggCheeseBagel best breakfast, though I try to make a real production on the weekends, if only for myself.
-Not married, no kids, been single for some time. I can't even escape it in these threads!

>>23400686
New Mexifriend, remember you from other threads. You'd recomend the ocean sounds app? After all my time overseas and in the PNW I really do miss being next to a proper ocean.

Then again, your posts make me miss NM a bit too, one way or another. >tfw no green chile gf
>>
25/f/Australia
How do i make friends soc?
>>
27/m French in Switzerland...
Completely lost with the feeling I don't have enough time to do all what I want with my life, getting worse with the time passing.
>>
>>23408632
Kik?
>>
29/m/US

I'm at a point in my life where I just feel done. I've accomplished everything I set out to do. I make a better wage than any one of my friends or family, hovers around 115k usd, I have an intelligent neet gf that programs and enjoys making video games. I live in a nice apt and have no plans to purchase a home or get married.

All of my friends are engaged, married and generally very focused on their own lives.

I'm constantly saddened by my accomplishments and life.
>>
>>23408632
Go outside exercise and just go places and talk to people where it's socially appropriate. Like dance halls maybe?
>>
>>23408644
Want to trade? I am pretty much the complete opposite expect for age. Could save my home and get qt programmer boyfriend that likes video games.
>>
>>23408644
Fat/ugly/little dick?
>>
>>23408966
You seem like a welladjusted and funny gentleman.
>>
>>23408978
Jw what he's bitching about.
>>
>>23409005
I don't know why he is sad by his accomplishments. I am actually curious about it myself. I was going to ask him politely but you got ahead of me.
>>
>>23408966
Nope. I live a pretty good life I just don't know how to describe why I'm so damn maladjusted. I take month long vacations, can fuck who I want and have deep friendships.

The people around me, their lives are broken. My friends work dead end jobs, have terrible family problems and just live like shit. Watching the people I care about slowly disintegrate while my own life gets better just makes me feel really fucking guilty. I didn't come from anything either and life has just been fortunate to me, makes me realize just how damn arbitrary success is.
>>
>>23409018
Then start stacking the deck for people. Do something with your money like a foundation for the very unfortunate? Help schoolkids achieve or something and reward good grades or whatever.

There are a tonne of things you can do.
>>
>>23409018
Do you hate your job or what? What do you do to make $115k at 29?
>>
>>23409018
Cont. That's basically it. The people that I wanted to be successful with are just shells of who they were, terrible alcoholics, dying, off just being in bad relationships.

It's a form of survivors guilt. I'm happy just lying around in bed reading but can't seem to do anything to help out anyone I give a damn about.
>>
>>23409035
He is probably a MSc in engineering.
>>
>>23409070
I'm a software engineer and only make $41,500k/yr salary. Would love to make that much money but I guess that really isn't the key to happiness as he has shown us.
>>
>>23409080
Money is only a tool to achieve things in life. It is never the answer to any problem.

You can build shit with it though that has a lasting legacy or something you dream about or think is cool.

He could also be very good at his job.
>>
>>23409070
Believe it or not I have a bachelors degree in Philosophy and was a self starter in IT. That's my salaried income, I run a few barely operational businesses on the side to help out the community I grew up in and dropped out of a Masters program in CS last year.
>>
>>23397272
Have a kik?
>>
>>23409088
He still sounds insecure though.
>mentions salary in first post
>I take month long vacations, can fuck who I want
>they live like shit

http://thoughtcatalog.com/becca-charles/2013/10/the-extremely-dangerous-new-male-breed-the-insecure-narcissist/
>>
>>23396813
26/M/UK-south coast
>>
31, male, PA-US

>>23396924
None of my friends have ever tried to set me up. I had sex about a decade ago, and I think that's it.
>>
>>23409205
Even if he is lying through his teeth, trolling or is that kind of insecure narcissist.... It doesn't bother me mate. Learn how to separate things into MY PROBLEM and NOT MY PROBLEM.
>>
>>23409261
It shouldn't bother you. This is how discussion works newfriend.
>>
File: 1292057247452.jpg (58 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1292057247452.jpg
58 KB, 720x540
29/m
recently back to making shitass minimum wage again.
can't afford health insurance.

taxes are coming.

fuck my life
>>
>>23409318
You have my sympathies.
>>
>>23409332
thanks mate.
>>
Who here is stuck inside this Sunday with the kid/kids? Trying not to lose my sanity here as my 1 year old tries to destroy everything.
>>
>>23409383
Are 1 yo's worse than cats and dogs when it comes to destroying your property?
>>
>>23409407

Much. You can crate a bad dog and cats won't do much beyond shred your cushions. 1 year olds are are curious, have no concept of consequence, are too young to really punish or discipline and have enough mobility to fuck everything and themselves up.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.