[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I met up with another girl from tinder and yet another one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: MY.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
MY.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
So I met up with another girl from tinder and yet another one acted disappointed in me when we met. She sent me a message a few days earlier asking if I'm wearing contacts on my profile photo or is it just blatantly photoshopped. I answered, truthfully, that it was just the noon sunlight brightening my eyes + a light filter which barely changed the color. She didn't want to believe it and we arranged a date.

It fucking sucks because I feel like I can't compete with my own fucking tinder photo. I'm also lacking self-confidence so this doesn't help to make a good first impression. Maybe I should write to girls in advance that they shouldn't bother because they will be disappointed and creeped out by me irl.

The girl was chubby and had bipolar :^), but despite that seemed surprisingly normal and turned out to be an interesting person with whom I had common interests. Still the initital reaction kinda hurt.
>>
>>23373084
never ever try to make yourself look better in pics, it will only hurt you in the end. Take normal pics without filters or any light making u look better than u normally do
>>
youre in a forum debasting your eyecolor its not gonna work out well for you sorry
>>
>>23373119
but only sunlight shows the real color of my eyes
I thought there's nothing wrong in taking good fucking photos and everybody tries to do that
>>
>>23373164
The thing is, you won't always have sunlight on your eyes. In these circle jerk rate threads, ideal conditions photos fly, because there's no way to compare you to the photo unless you meet someone in real life...which tinder is all about. In the real world, you won't have idea conditions. Thus, you're setting yourself up to dissapoint people.
>>
>>23373164
no your actual color is the one people see every day not some obscure pic when theres sunlight in your eyes.
>>
>>23373179
>>23373181
alright maybe that photo had too intense sunlight but when I look in the mirror I see my eyes are a nice shade of blue. I know my fucking eyes are blue. But if I were to take a picture of myself now they would appear to be of indefinite color because the ceiling lamp in my room emits some shitty yellow light distorting colors. Everywhere outdoors or in normal light conditions my eyes are blue.
>>23373181
so this is not true, sunlight only makes the color more intense
>>
>>23373179
also I thought people actually try to look their best on tinder, isn't that correct?
>>
>>23373233
Best, but obviously some conditions should not be emulated, as you now have experienced, because they can lead to dissapointing particular matches and your own emotional suffering. Learn from your mistakes and adjust accordingly. Or attach a label to the pic or explain in convos that that eye color only comes out in direct light exposure.
>>
>>23373288
Yes, you're right.. Also I think the haircut I got recently is worse than the one I had in my profile photo, so there's that.
>tfw cucked by your own tinder photo
>>
bump because sleep is for the memes
>>
>>23373302
Lol. Are you gonna post a pic?
>>
>>23373947
I would but I don't necessarily want my face to be associated with all that crying :^)
>>
Its the self confidence part, anon.
>>
>>23374742
How do I make a good first impression? I tend to smile but when I'm nervous it doesn't really look too good.
>>
>profile picture better than i am IRL
This is literally everyone on any dating site. Women especially. They take 200 pictures,find one that makes them look model tier beautiful. Then when you meet you have to do a double take to make sure its the same woman because she just dropped from an 8 online to a 6 IRL.
Either stop worrying, or just tell yourself that if they wernt interested they wouldnt be there/be talking to you. Theres plenty of ways to get out of a date/chat with someone. Theyre talking to you because they like you, dont overthink the shit out of all of it
>>
>>23373084
I've heard I look better irl than on pics.

One girl wanted to meet me even though she didn't find me especially attractive from my photo.

Never used filters, but I often worry about not taking good enough photos.
>>
>>23376590
Yeah I think my selfie game got too good lol
First selfies I took for here were horrible and looked worse than IRL
>>23376545
M-maybe... Perhaps next time I'll take a grill for drinks and just yolo kissed her when we're both warmed up
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.