[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people sit by me and talk to me at university? Im pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1455583558167.jpg (110 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
1455583558167.jpg
110 KB, 580x435
Why do people sit by me and talk to me at university?

Im pretty anti social and tend to never interact first with someone and i sit by myself. I do have a conversation with these people just so i dont come off as rude.

Im a male btw.
>>
People are friendly. You probably don't seem like a bad dude so they feel safe sitting near/chatting with you.

Where I went to college the lecture halls were always full and sitting near someone was inevitable. Your options were to; (a) sit in the most vacant area and avoid eye contact...which seems like your preference, or (b) sit near someone non-threatening and make a "class friend"
>>
>>23344427
idk
>>
File: image.png (18 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
image.png
18 KB, 300x309
>>23344427
Jfc apreciate them doing that you twat. Try having people ignore and not give a flying shit about you. "Oh boo hoo, other people are taking the time out of their day to meet me and be my friend/gf, so that i dont even have to approach them" FUCK YOU OP
>>
File: images (15).jpg (8 KB, 417x352) Image search: [Google]
images (15).jpg
8 KB, 417x352
>>23344427
FUCK YOU

I WISH THIS WOULD HAPPEN TO ME

IF THIS IS SOME BAIT YA GOT ME

EAT A BENIS
>>
File: images copy 7.jpg (6 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
images copy 7.jpg
6 KB, 183x275
>>23344464
You could avoid it at my school, I always pick a spot that's out of the way and has nobody.
Girls be like 5 empty seats in the row, ill sit in the one right next to you. Guys are usually good on the whole leave a one seat gap, but girls not so much.
>>23344470
me too, why i asked.
>>23344484
Id love for people to ignore me, its when they talk to me I start questioning things.
>>
BOO FUCKING HOO
>>
>>23344533
Kys
>>
>>23344501
Just talk dude. You can literally start to talk about anything. People in universities are usually pretty cool.

>>23344533
Girls probably tend not to see "distance" as a problem to conversation anyway. You could say it's a reaction to the lack of urinal training. They don't use them so they don't know about keeping the distance. Just say you are busy if need your space or just enjoy it a bit and get to what you're doing. Can't really say if that would work for you. I've got a good friend that is really antisocial and I know how much privacy is important for her so I can see how that could bug you.
>>
>>23344533
If they DO sit next to you it's because some combo of the below reasons
*are friendly
*don't know anyone
*think you're cute
*think you're smart

Either way, stop questioning why and just be in the moment. Think about what they could gain from being dishonest? The benefits of an honest friendship are much greater than anything they could take from you.

You'll understand when you're older and everyone you interact with couldn't give a shit about you. (Only exceptions are if you have money/something they want or family)
>>
>>23344484
this tbqh senpai
>>
this is bait guys come on
>>
>>23344759
What's the point of bait?

Kind of a boring discussion topic
>>
i wish i had that problem, im so fucking lonely :(
>>
>>23344793
when he post the exactly same thing next time you will realize.
>>
>>23344831
>>23344558
>>23344501
>>23344484

that is what he wants
>>23344793
>>
>>23344626
not really
when you're not part of le cool kids then you're pretty much fucked
people basically never come talk to me out of their own initiative
now that I started graduate studies I met some new people in addition to the old mates but I still feel fucking alienated
>>
>>23344843
Really?

I've given up trying to understand people.

It's funny... we have all the information and opportunities to reach our potential. Laziness is a disease. I'm guilty too. It's easier to whine and bitch with other lazy saps online than to put in work, do something productive, and ACTUALLY benefit ourselves.
>>
>>23344869
Also... High school is bullshit. You might not have realized this but "le cool kids" are just as clueless as you are.

Whatever they've done that made them "cool" is not going to carry them forever. Sure, they can game the system now, and maybe their "thing" is making you miserable.

It wont last forever. If they're shit people, then they're fucked. Same goes for you.
>>
>>23344977
Ermm... I'm in university, graduate studies.
I just want to feel like I belong, I might be a loner and an individualist but I'm also a human fucking being
>>
>>23344990
Why don't you feel like you belong?

I guarantee those are restrictions you place upon yourself.

Did I say you weren't a human fucking being?
>>
>>23344427
what's worse is when someone you don't want to study with asks if you want to get a study group going
>>
>>23345005
because nobody actually starts anything with me like with the OP
As I said apart from the people from the undergraduate studies a few new faces have appeared this year and I got along quite well with most of them. But I still feel alienated. ;_;
I want to attend more parties
I felt pretty salty that nobody told me about the last one
I'm not the most social guy around but I'm also not a total shut-in or freak so I don't really see a reason why I shouldn't be part of the friend circle.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.