[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is soc up to? wha're u doin' now and what're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: selfport.jpg (4 MB, 3456x5184) Image search: [Google]
selfport.jpg
4 MB, 3456x5184
what is soc up to?
wha're u doin' now and what're you hopin' to do?
i ran away up north to escape the love of my life and go to some little art school.
some days i hope to "make it" and some days i just hope i can make enough to score my next fix.

what do you folks do?
>>
>>23331199
i sit inside and pretend that i'm going to be something more than i truly am
i do this whilst reading books, studying for my course and browsing this board
i don't do anything else
>>
>>23331204
yooooo readin is vital. what're you readin' now? whatre you studyin'?
>>
>>23331229
nietzsche's beyond good and evil
studying economics

what do you like to read, anon?
>>
>>23331234
last book i finished was pynchon's gravity's rainbow, been workin on zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance and a collection of stories by yukio mishima, though i dont know if ill ever finish either
>>
>>23331255
was the prior an interesting read?
do you browse /lit/? (or any other boards for that matter)
>>
>>23331264
it was great. i had to use a lot of online resources though. i dont speak german, french, and im not up to date on my 1940s pop culture which all feature predominately in the novel. i havent browsed any board on 4chan regularly for years.
>>
being bored as fucking shit
wishing i was high
>>
>>23331279
am i just assuming that you're implying that you're bi/multilingual?
what boards did you browse before you took leave?
what are your favourite books?
do you enjoy your course?
>>
>>23331287
don't you have anything else to do?
>>
>>23331320
no motivation to do anything when flat affect rules your life
>>
>>23331347
do you find things interesting?
i mean i suppose you must do if you can feel varying levels of boredom
>>
>>23331360
sure but there are variables which lessen or outright prevent such interest and enjoyment
>>
>>23331369
do you still enjoy learning?
>>
>>23331379
yes
>>
>>23331398
do you read often (or at all), then?
>>
>>23331292
i wish, i was taught in french until the 4th grade, lost most of that over time. i was a /mu/tant in highschool but lost interest pretty quickly.

the course is going well, theres a big focus on interdisciplinary practice. beyond drawing and painting theres a push to learn metal smithing, glass blowing, sculpture (apparently i have quite the knack for pottery (who knew? its so meditative and i've always been pretty chaotic))

hows econ? math has always been an adversary, though i've been usin it practically more and more
>>
>>23331410
mostly go through phases
say a new book releases that i was looking forward to, ill usually get through it asap
i don't read at home as much as i used to years ago, or as much as I really should
>>
>>23331417
>a push to learn metal smithing, glass blowing, sculpture
this actually sounds fun
i've never been too much into the visual arts, but these might be an exception

econ is alright, though the course is just a watered down version of what you could read in less than a dozen books and it's stretched over a span of three years
>>
>>23331428
i'm pretty scared that one day i'll relapse into my old habits and cease to read
do you remember any symptoms of what stopped you from reading?
>>
>>23331199
hey man you sound like me. I really like your thing
>>
>>23331436
well i havent stopped completely
i mainly read books when i have to go somewhere that involves waiting (say, psych appointment, carpooling somewhere when I'm not driving, etc)
i probably read more manga nowadays since it's easier to access and to get through
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.