[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/soc/ Opinion Polling thread: Picture Edition State (and perhaps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: mad_people-300x187.png (29 KB, 300x187) Image search: [Google]
mad_people-300x187.png
29 KB, 300x187
/soc/ Opinion Polling thread: Picture Edition
State (and perhaps elaborate on) your stance on the following things
Attach an image of yourself to the post.

>the upcoming american election?
>gun control
>gay marriage
>dude weed lmao legalisation
>legalisation of all narcotics
>freedom of speech (absolute)
>immigration
>racial supremacy
>cultural supremacy
>big corporations
>big government
>welfare programmes
>wall street (why)
>"the 1%"
>abortion
>post-birth abortions (infanticide)
>animal testing
>climate change
>death penalty
>vaccines
>islam
>vegetarianism/veganism

alright, kick the shit out of eachother
>>
>>23306041
I don't care that much though I think Trump would make a hilarious president.
>gun control
Gun's should be legal but regulated. It's moronic to think removing guns from law abiding citizens will completely diminish gun crime. But again, it should be regulated.
>gay marriage
All for.
Yeah it should be legalized, it's less harmful than tobacco and it's help's mellow people out.
Duh, needs to be defended at all costs.
>immigration
Tighter border control.
>racial supremacy
You're a dumbass if you don't think we're equal...
>cultural supremacy
See above
>big corporations
We're slaves, we're good slaves. We do as we're told and the corporations take advantage of this.
>big government
There needs to be less of a division between the public and parliament.
>welfare programmes
Needs more regulation.
>wall street (why)
I don't know enough about it, but yeah stocks..woo.
>"the 1%"
I don't know? They exist and they always will.
>abortion
Should be legal.
See above
>animal testing
Legal.
>climate change
It's real.
>death penalty
Should be implemented.
>vaccines
All for.
>islam
Is a region, and like any region I don't want it to be thrown at me or to be lectured on it. It's daft.
>vegetarianism/veganism
Fine with, just don't throw it in peoples faces.
>>
File: IMG_20160207_190316683.jpg (468 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160207_190316683.jpg
468 KB, 720x1280
would've voted rand even though he's a bought-out shell of an ideology
trump lies somewhere between the extremes of 'next hitler lol xenophobe racist' and 'the hero we need make america great again'
>gun control
no
>gay marriage
should be zero legislation regarding this
leave it to each religion
sure
sure
of course
>immigration
tight border control is a must given a strong welfare state
>racial supremacy
minor; the selective breeding of certain traits amongst different groups over a few millennia has caused differences, though these are small relative to the differences incurred by environment
>cultural supremacy
yes, western culture (at its peak, likely still now) is the best culture devised by humanity thus far
>big corporations
necrotic ones can only exist with government help
>big government
stop that
>welfare programmes
this too
>wall street (why)
continue to speculate, bb
>"the 1%"
isn't an actual group of people, needless to hate them (especially a group of people that is this large)
>abortion
permissible, shouldn't be done on a whim. people should keep promiscuity to a low and minimize use of this service
hardly worse than above in some situations
>animal testing
almost always fine
>climate change
exists to ambiguous magnitude and result

cont.
>>
>>23306223
>death penalty
inefficient currently, costs more than the alternative
if work can be done to make it far cheaper than the alternative, then maybe
i'm not sure if it acts as additional deterrent or not
>vaccines
use them
>islam
conflicts with western culture in its current form
>vegetarianism/veganism
arguments for both are solid, but i am a cunt so continue to eat meat
>>
I'm for Bernie, like every other millenial. The republican line up is a joke and the idea of a Trump presidency terrifies me. Sure, the president doesn't have nearly as much power as the media likes to make us think, but can you imagine the damage he would do foreign policy-wise?
>gun control
Guns are pretty strongly correlated with gun violence. Most people are fucking idiots, and people having weapons on them escalates conflicts. So I guess I'm for background testing and very thorough psychological testing.
>gay marriage
Who gives a fuck? Let them get married.
Legalize it 420.
Decriminalize. Those people need help, not jail time.
Say what you want, just don't be a tasteless fedora tipping cunt about it. Also, harassment is a thing, threats are a thing.
>immigration
Hm. Tricky question that I honestly don't know enough about. I'm all for a diverse country, but the stuff going on in Europe has made me a bit wary. I like the idea of profiling based on nationality (so we don't get ultra rapey men from ultra misogynist cultures), but I know that wouldn't fly. Regardless, there are a lot of hardworking, decent people who would like to live here.
>racial supremacy
Narp. Nuanced interpretation of statistics (AKA, not belonging to the HURD DUR SAT SCORES HUR DUR MEAN IQ camp) renders this pretty much bunk.
>cultural supremacy
I do believe in it, but recognize that my assignation of superiority is the result of my own subjective standards, which are in turn the product of my culture, at least partially.
>big corporations
Short sighted, greedy, and ruthless. You don't expect compassion or foresight from a jackal. A necessary evil.
>big government
Not necessarily bad, depending on the government.
>>
>>23306237
>welfare programmes
UBI is more efficient according to some analyses/stipulations, but I understand that it's an unpopular idea
>wall street (why)
Largely a bunch of greedy, shallow, and selfish assholes who worship wealth. The embodiment of some of the biggest problems with American culture.
>"the 1%"
Hold way too much power over the country.
>abortion
Yup. It isn't a happy or casual thing, but we have enough humans, and sometimes a child can crush low income or otherwise unready parents who will in turn do a shitty job raising it.
...Narp.
>animal testing
Not gonna be necessary much longer.
>climate change
It's a thing. You're a fucking retard if you say otherwise.
>death penalty
Like someone above me said, inefficient as it currently is. I do believe some people are beyond all help though, and that they aren't worth $50,000 of taxpayer money per year.
>vaccines
Should be mandatory. At least for kids who ever leave the house.
>islam
Has some deep-rooted problems, but then, so do the other big religions. The extremism comes more from geographic instability and perpetual conflict.
>vegetarianism/veganism
More ethical, but by god do I love meat. Lately I've been feeling increasingly bad about eating meat.Thankfully, with lab grown meat coming up it won't matter soon.
>>
>>23306255
I agree with most of this anon's though I'm not millennial.
>weed legalization
Hate weed, but its economic beneficial for its legalization, I also think prostitution should be legal, but thats better state by state.
>vegetarianism
Meh.
>>
File: 1452854755925.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
1452854755925.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
F/Finland
>>23306041
>>the upcoming american election?
CAN'T STUMP THE TRUMP
>>gun control
We don't need loosening on the laws in Finland. It's already too late for America, so tightening them up wouldn't be a good idea.
>>gay marriage
Sure, all for it. Just not church weddings.
>>dude weed lmao legalisation
Should be legal all over. I really think it's more mild than alcohol.
>>legalisation of all narcotics
NO.
>>freedom of speech (absolute)
No. Has to be limits. Mudslimes chanting they want to kill us shouldn't be counted as free speech, but as hate speech.
>>immigration
We don't need them, so no.
>>racial supremacy
What? kek. It's already scientifically proven that some races are superior to others... shouldn't be a surprise
>>cultural supremacy
Western culture is superior. ( Westernized east asian culture is counted here)
>>big corporations
Fine over here
>>big government
?
>>welfare programmes
Works well in small countries like Finland. But I think Murica needs another system.
>>wall street (why)
I have no opinion about it on it's own
>>"the 1%"
The elite? aren't they the employers? Big taxing on employers leads to unemployment. It can be worked around but Americas large size might make that difficult.
>>abortion
Until 22-24 weeks I'm all for it.
>>post-birth abortions (infanticide)
I've never even heard of this. It's murder. She already went through the pregnancy, why not just give the child up for adoption?
>>animal testing
It's fine. Rather test on them than us.
>>climate change
Has been happening throughout the worlds history. It's not caused by humans. (Might be sped up by us though)
>>death penalty
Murders and rapists. But even then, I'm iffy, since the amount of innocent people that have been on death row is astonishing.
>>vaccines
What about them?
>>islam
Should be wiped out.
>>vegetarianism/veganism
To each their own. Doing it from a moral standpoint is stupid though.
>>
>>23307651
>>freedom of speech (absolute)
>No. Has to be limits.

surprised tbqh

our culture is better than others precisely because we face word with retort rather than force
using violence against those who use hate speech only come across as an attempt to silence an idea that can't be successfully argued again

regardless, uncensored "hate speech" also allows us to see which people are worth disliking and disassociating with, censoring hate speech does nothing but mask the reality of which groups are a threat

it's also probably not a good idea to abandon the principle of absolute freedom of speech and press in place of a case-by-case system decided by government, it's extremely unlikely that this wouldn't be abused in order to censor anything that runs against the flow of the powers that be (see: progressivism)

removal of the freedom of speech would be admitting defeat to the cultures that we hate. disagreeable speech met with force is a tenet of islamic culture, not western culture

good fit desu
>>
>>23307651
Is this what love is?
>>
>>23307651
>It's already scientifically proven that some races are superior to others... shouldn't be a surprise

Scientifically proven. Scientifically proven...

How are you this fucking dumb? This willfully ignorant?

You only come to that conclusion from a shallow analyses of select statistics, which themselves need to be taken in a larger context to be properly understood. I'm guessing you've never even read the methods section of a research paper, much less given any meaningful consideration to their results.

Lemme guess, you're one of the HUR DUR MEAN IQ people I mentioned in my post?

I think you should face the fact that if you were really interested in "the truth", you'd give more than a cursory glance to the research on race.

As it is, you're clearly much more invested in supporting the self-serving beliefs you already have.

> The elite? aren't they the employers? Big taxing on employers leads to unemployment. It can be worked around but Americas large size might make that difficult.

And you're a trickle-downer. Lovely.

> CAN'T STUMP THE TRUMP

hur dur he hates shitskins liek me herpa fucking dur what a good candidate

What a waste of a pretty face.
>>
Pretty important do to the advanced age of some of the members of the SCOTUS hopefully America elects a liberal to keep it somewhat balanced.
>gun control
Who cares? Guns are for small people to feel big, only fags and women need guns
>gay marriage
I am not gay so I don't give a fuck what the gays want to do, get married get divorced as often as possible I don't care.
yes
double yes
of course
>immigration
why not the more the merrier, just stay the fuck off my lawn
>racial supremacy
dumb fucking question
>big corporations
the scourge of this planet, without checks and balances I fear a bloated corporation far more than I do the incompetent government.
>big government
sure, someone has to keep the corporations in line. at least we get to vote for the people in charge.
>welfare programmes
yes, social safety net and compassion for our fellow man is what separates us from the animals
>wall street (why)
what about it
>"the 1%"
Too much wealth concentrated among too few is a bullshit
>abortion
yes, should be mandatory in some instances
like Sparta, if a baby is deformed or not very bright should be allowed to terminate, until child is old/smart enough to care for itself
>animal testing
human testing
>climate change
is real, if you don't recognize this you are either very stupid or benefiting from something that is responsible for it, either way fuck off
>death penalty
no, murdering people for murdering seems kind of a stupid solution, besides it is clearly no deterrent, so it serves only to feed some sort of bizarre revenge fueled blood lust

>vaccines
of course. what am I autistic?
>islam
no religions are obsolete, move on
>vegetarianism/veganism
stupid, humans are meant to eat meat. stop fighting your bodies need for food. Unless you are a disgusting fat body, in which case eat a fucking veggie
>>
>>23307765
trickle-down economics is a strawman used by anti-capitalists who believe that economic transaction is a zero-sun game, anon
>>
>>23307735

No no you see, she's all for freedom of speech until people she doesn't like start talking.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.