[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: People who have depression/social anxiety and how you cope.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 19
File: 1454928386838.jpg (202 KB, 794x732) Image search: [Google]
1454928386838.jpg
202 KB, 794x732
ITT: People who have depression/social anxiety and how you cope.

Hi I'm Daniel. I don't. I used to take drugs and cut but I stopped.

Kik: ispillthings
>>
Music, video games, and memes.
>>
Sleep a lot and take meds.
>>
I can't say I cope well but I try to just find things to take my mind off it, during the winter is this difficult because as if one has the motivation to go outside when it's lashing down with wind and rain, but during the summer it's nice to go for a walk because the sun is honestly nice for feeling better about life, I mean how can you not help but feel better when the sun is shining, plus it makes girls wear nice clothes in the summer.
I also suggest finding something that is constant, most sports and television suck because they have "seasons", you need something which is all year round.
>>
>>23293366
Yeah the weather is killing me.
I started betting and doing analysys on esports as well as just start looking at geocaching for the winter months when is not too wet out.
>>
File: m6BFtJQW_200x200.png (17 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
m6BFtJQW_200x200.png
17 KB, 200x200
If anybody would like to chat on Telegram, my username is @gongozzle
>>
Any female here who'd like to talk about this issue? Just want to hear how a girl copes with this.

I'm German though
>>
>>23293085
Take drugs but don't cut yourself.
Works for me senpai
>>
>>23293085
Distractions whether they be friends drugs movies music or video games
just something to keep the mind from being idle cause on auto pilot our brains seem to eat at them selves
>>
>>23293966
Yeah it's pretty much when that idle thing kicks in that those bad feelings start creeping in. I am slowly running out of things to do though.
I spent years listening to different genres and subgenres of music, a few years watching every film I wanted to see, I went through the weed phase, the drinking myself to sleep in the afternoon phase, watched every TV show I wanted to see and some.
I just am running out of things, as I'm getting older.
>>
I flirt with women and traps constantly to make myself feel some modicum of self-esteem. I have no interest in most of em but I lead them on and dump em. If they prove themselves to be especially dear / know how to make me feel wanted i keep em around and throw em a crumb here and there to keep em sticking around.
>>
I watch tv shows to forget and then drink when that doesn't work. Then I torture myself by lurking social media
>>
>>23293897
What's your contact info? I took German for a year and still royally suck at it like all other foreign languages I pick and drop
>>
File: Kik-1476700269.jpg (277 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Kik-1476700269.jpg
277 KB, 720x1280
Ally I got depression anxiety and who knows what els! I draw I smoke I watch dragon ball I meditate Idc what els I do to cope but smoking's 1
>>
>>23293987
You like me need a hobby
>>
>>23294181
Yah weed is my favorite distraction tfw my areas dry
>>
I think delusion is my go to way to cope.
I just keep telling myself it'll get better when X thing happens. And when it doesn't, well it has to when Y thing happens. And when it doesn't, well you get the gist.
Started making unattainable situations to "fix everything" so that this cycle can last longer (like getting a boyfriend kek). I find as long as I have that thing to cling to and look forward to I can at least find the energy to move on to the next day.
Waiting to turn 21 currently, blaming my lack of social life on the fact that I can't get into bars where everyone else my age goes to hang out and meet people. But that's only a few months away and I'll lose that delusion and have to find something else to pretend that will fix my issues.
>>
>>23296592
yyyyeeeeaaahhhh social anxiety + bars? rip

I sleep til I'm in a decent enough mood to do things
>>
>>23296592
After 21 you don't have shot to look forward to but getting older and being ashamed of your lack of progress :/
>>
File: 1432356397727.jpg (28 KB, 480x300) Image search: [Google]
1432356397727.jpg
28 KB, 480x300
>>23296626
I mean idk, probably another delusion but I figure for grills its probably easier. We're at least not generally expected to approach you, with social gender roles and whatnot. So I'll just sit around for the dudes to maybe come talk to if they strike out with the much more attractive women.

Oh yeah that reminds me, my other delusion. If I lose enough weight I'll be attractive enough for dudes to want!
And then my weight goals just keep getting lower and lower as I reach them until where I am now where I'm pretty sure I gave myself anorexia on that one. It is what it is. At least I'm not borderline obese anymore.
>>
>>23296654
...know what, you might actually reach your goal with the bar thing lol. Didn't take you being a grill into account there.
>>
>>23296682
This is why I hate the feminists lol shhh these gender roles are the only thing working in my favor stop trying to abolish them I need this
>>
>>23296700
but what about me, anon? How will I get my qt gf that approached me at a bar because she doesn't believe in gender roles?? Triggered
>>
Music, a game of some sort, company of a friend or more, watching a movie/tv/videos, and drawing or anything creative you like to do. That's how I deal with stuff like that
Basically distractions and stuff like some have already said here.
>>
File: rrr.jpg (63 KB, 354x305) Image search: [Google]
rrr.jpg
63 KB, 354x305
>have social anxiety
>get panic attacks when talking to people
>meet girl from /soc/ a few weeks ago
>she doesnt know but ive been using her as practice and a way to season myself to talk to girls
>literally spending all day long writing down notes and things to talk about to use when she calls me later in the day
>drink a shit load of caffiene and take tons of my ritalin right before she calls
>mfw she always says she's going to call me so I take all my shit but then waits like an hour before actually calling
>>
I'm Jackson. Was actually diagnosed with depression a couple years ago.

Sc:jackson.ktn
>>
F/26/us

this only gets more depressing as I get a bit older. I'm 26 now and it feels like my life is going to slowly collapse around me until I have no reason to go on. I try to see through that tunnel vision but it can be really hard sometimes.

I feel like it's a cruel joke that I should suffer with depression AND social anxiety/GAD because it means not only am i fucking miserable, I also have no real friends. I can't maintain friendships; meeting people is ok so long as it doesn't go beyond that one interaction.
I can't begin a new relationship, too much anxiety. Can't reconnect with old friends, too much anxiety. I kept flaking out on the few friends I had, so I just withdrew from them altogether.

i've been with the same guy for several years and i glom onto his friends when they come to hang out with him, that's about it. Also have a sister who is perfectly well adjusted, occasionally glom onto her outings with friends too.

I am generally just overwhelmed by how pathetic I feel, and how pointless life feels all of the time.

I used to drink a shit ton when i was 20-21, the depression was so bad and I felt really isolated. I would occasionally get v wasted and go home with randos. one time i went with some guy that a classmate introduced me to, passed out several times in the cab, got to his place and began crying in fetal position. he kept asking me "do you still wanna do anything or no?" I distinctly remember crying and repeating no. Then remember being on my stomach and the guy was fucking me. Feel like this was a forced situation but have a hard time acknowledging it as a "rape". i guess it was, I don't fucking know.

yay depression and substance abuse. I still drink a fair amount but can't put away nearly as much now that my metabolism slowed down a little. Occasionally I smoke weed to relax and ease chronic pain that seems to have arisen, i don't consider this substance abuse though, just the alcohol and pills when I can get them.
>>
>>23298270
that was pretty cathartic even if no one reads it.

thanks thread
>>
I'm J.

Every day i have moments but I get better. I'm an addiction counselor. Food Is my coping mechanism. I used to weigh over 300 pounds. I'm around 200 now. Positive people and healthier hobbies. Feel free to talk. Kik: JustASpanking
>>
>>23298276

I read it. I'm glad you took the time.
>>
>>23293085
Hi. I'm Veralyn.

Schitzomanic, severe depressive with dissociative and anxiety disorder.

I see and hear monsters and otherworldly beings.
I have two daemons or malovent spirits inside me.
I am sometimes multiple versions of them, myself and void of any identity.

My life is lived day by day...
>>
>>23298270
I also read it
No lesbo.
I am right there with you, girl.

:/
>>
I'm 25 and have been in this depressive state for like 12 years. I'm pretty much a failure and a disappointment.

Music, drinking (though, I never go out and get drunk), sleep all help. But, most of it is just to district my mind for the time being.

>>23298270

I know pretty close how you feel. Although, I suppose one good thing you can say is that you have enough confidence to at least fool around with people. About 98% when I'm in public, my mind goes blank and I can't even carry on a basic conversation for 10 minutes.

Though, from the look of things, that sounds like rape. It's good that you at least recognize what it really was. Have you told anyone else about it?
>>
>>23298319
>>23298325
thanks anon. I'm going to sleep but I'll save your kik. mine is Sociallyacceptable

>>23298419
whoa. did you ever take meds? I always hear such differing stories about meds, my bf is bipolar and he hated them so much, he said it made him a shell of a human. I can't understand what it's like to hear things, but if the meds are even worse than the original symptoms, then damn, I really couldn't argue when he wanted to stop taking them.

>>23298420
i too feel like a failure as an adult/failure as an artist since I never even got a "career" off the ground. People say there is still time bc we're young, but if I don't do it now, I feel like it's just not gonna happen.

I only told one therapist, and told my boyfriend, no one else knows. I was on the fence about telling the bf but somehoe it came out, and I actually am glad I told.
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 640x480
>>
I like to get really fucked up and explore Yume nikki and other fan games. Its like exploring a whole other dimension and sometimes it feels like an abstract representation of my mind. I still listen to the music on repeat for hours sometimes.
Anyone know of any other trippy things like Yume nikki?
>>
alcohol and some more-benign escapism
lots of lying around and atrophying
>>
>>23298466
> if I don't do it now, I feel like it's just not gonna happen.

Yup, I'm right there with you. Before depression kicked in, I used practice and play my guitar ever single day. But, afterwards, all my interest and energy fell dead at my feet. Like, I have the equipment to both record/produce music and to brew my own beer. Though, every time I begin to try to make progress on getting better at either (or just to start up again), I remind myself I'm a failure and I stop doing anything.

How did both the therapist and your boyfriend respond to that news? Either say anything about reporting it?
>>
File: shy_boo_by_domobfdi-d77vpin.png (16 KB, 532x402) Image search: [Google]
shy_boo_by_domobfdi-d77vpin.png
16 KB, 532x402
>>23293085
Hi I'm Jacob, I'm 23 and have depression and generalized anxiety disorder.

At the moment I seem to be coping quite well but I'm kinda pilled up on different meds that I'm not 100% sure what I'm feeling. The worst thing is honestly the feeling of crippling loneliness and feeling like everyone else is better than I am.

I try and distract myself with video games and music that completely overwhelms me. The less time I spend thinking about stuff in the world, the better I feel.

I get the feeling of hopelessness quite often and have been suicidal before but I at least have that under control lately. I have the worst time when conversing with people that I think are judging me. If I think someone thinks that I'm not literally perfect I freak out and want to basically cry.

I'm always chasing something that I think will make me happy (like a loving partner) but I think even with them I'll still be unhappy because the gut feeling comes first and then attaches itself to everything in my life.

I go to therapy and all that but I just wish I could feel like I don't have to be perfect or at least close to.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 640x480
>>
>>23298535
i may have downplayed it so that they wouldn't suggest reporting it. But also it was at least 2 years after the fact by the time I told the therapist, then later told bf. my bf was pretty understanding, allowed me to cry and didn't push the subject nor did he dismiss it. good guy.

the dude who "did" it seemed to be a decent person, we had both been drinking, yadda yadda. maybe the fact that he was still willing to do it makes him not a good person, but somehow its hard to think that, I think he didn't see it as a violation. idk. i just simply never contacted him again, and didn't say anything to him about the fact that i didnt consent, i just left...he probably forgot about it immediately...

well gnight for now I will see if the thread is still up after work tmw, have a good night all (or try)
>>
I get on my issue

proactive drinking/drug use, acting sexual and fighting tb.h family
>>
>>23294221
tfw have 2 ounces
tfw i have smoked at least a g a day for years
that's not a good thing
>>
>>23298276
>>23298270
I know how you feel
>>
The meds kinda help? I always get the feeling they don't, but then I just sort collapse when I try stopping so I guess they're doing something

Having close internet friends helps a lot, I have people to talk to and just relax with, and without them I'd probably have gone insane or tried to off myself harder than I already had honestly

Some people look up to me, but it often just makes me feel like a fraud, since I can't bring myself to put effort into anything
>>
>>23293085
hi im E

mtf/23/bi living in the netherlands

i have a lot of psychological disorders, such as bipolar type 2, borderline and clinical depression, but i pay little mind to them. they are diagnoses for what they see and based on that, they give me the appropriate treatment. i dont think any more of them.

honestly im not depressed because im a degenerate tranny, i'm more depressed about general social anxiety, the future being bleak and having no real reason to do anything. i've finished my bachelor in webdesign but i'm unable to work as i suffer from extreme anxiety at work. i can work 2 days a week, tops. then i break down completely.

ive been cutting and doing drugs for about 4 years now, cutting less so. doing opiates such as oxycodone and heroin help me get through the day, aside from being on numerous ssri's and anti-psychotics prescribed to my from my psychiatrist.

i cope by doing drugs. i would of course not recommend this to anyone, but i have no real reason to do anything or even be able to do. the only reason i haven't killed myself is because i have my lovely caring parents. i couldn't do that to them.

aside from that, I live by myself scraping by.
>>
File: creature.jpg (109 KB, 736x1104) Image search: [Google]
creature.jpg
109 KB, 736x1104
I'm a trap in my early 20s. I can't function in the outside world, although I try time to time with the necessary things.

I'm bad at socializing, and especially so towards people who might not be so understanding of it. I struggle with loneliness a lot, but on the other hand I also struggle because I lack likeminded people and most others manage to make me feel bad about myself either intentionally or without meaning to.

Don't really have a lot of coping mechanisms beside various forms of escapism / entertainment. I read a lot of books too (always welcoming suggestions) and listening to music. I write some poems too, but that's mostly just to vent out feelings I'm unable to share otherwise.

I have a fascination towards a lot of things and consider myself to be pretty bright, I like learning and understanding new things. Supernatural phenomena and the occult interest me a lot.

Would like if someone who's not so bothered about my social retardness wanted to talk to me. I also have skype, but would prefer to get to know you a bit through kik first.

kik: vaahtonoita
>>
File: 2016-02-09 13.30.13.jpg (290 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-09 13.30.13.jpg
290 KB, 600x800
dont let the normieness fool you, i try my hardest to fit in with my hoodrat peers
honestly if you just force yourself to be sociable even if it feels uncomfortable it can get better, it definetly worked for me, i used to be the biggest sperglord ever

i dont like to say im depressed because the word is overused by attentionwhores but lets say i've been unhappy with my life for years
you know, the typical sperg stuff: loner, kissless virgin, self hate, awkwardness, fail at everything, dissapointed parents.. all that good stuff
plus things like a lot of family problems, having to deal with being a closetfag and knowing my family would fucking disown me if they knew, having a deadbeat schizo dad, being worried about my own mental health (sorry im not gonna tell the things i do that make me worry about my sanity, im ashamed of it brehs), not knowing where the fuck im heading in life, knowing that soon im gonna go back to having no shekels, having bad anger problems, being frustrated about know there's no way i accomplis my childish dream, getting a lot of injuries playing sports because muh knees etc etc

honesty i think a lot about ending it all but not to take the easy way out and get away from my problems, but more because i dont really wanna keep going, like i dont see the point in seeing what happens next since it seems to only get worse every year
anyone else feel like this?
>>
i lived in a state psych ward for like nine months, now im just a massive pothead. i miss cutting, but I know i can't go back to it.
>>
File: d.jpg (146 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
146 KB, 1920x1080
>>23299520
for large parts, yeah, i feel you. we might be battling largely different problems but a lot of the underlying things feel similar, at least to a certain extent..

>failing in life
>disappointed family
>no direction whatsoever
>thinking about ending it all because feels like there isn't point to it
>awkwardness
>loner

i'm not going to spout the platitudes of it getting better, you deserving better things (although you might, it just isn't for me to say), of having to battle on, "there's still hope" etc.. it feels hypocritical and a little wrong because i'm very hopeless myself.
>>
>>23298365
want to get rid of those demons?
Also I want to know do you have black outs?
and when did you first acquire your demons?
>>
potential schizoid reporting in
>>
>>23293085
I self-medicate with Pot
>>
>>23299541
w-we're all gonna make it brah
>>
>>23293085
I manage my anxiety by counting to number four numerous times. Like I'm kinda anxious, so I just mentally count to 4 several times while I'm doing whatever I feel is right to do. There are also times when I feel like I'm acting gay, and that makes me anxious, so I repeat to myself 'being gay is good'.
>>
>>23293998
this is also good

I mean, flirting guys, girls, whatever you're into

what is not good is the "then I dump them part", have some consideration for them
>>
Severe OCD

The depression and extreme anxiety go hand in hand with that. Can no longer leave the house.
>>
>>23298598
Ah, ok. I see where you're coming from then.

So, what kind of art/medium do you work with?

>>23299381

Here's my kik if anyone wants it: AlteredRLTY
>>
>>23301200
i think you mixed those up lol
>>
>>23301249
nvm you didn't, I'm fucking retarded
>>
Get antidepressants and just try to survive is what I usually do. Sometimes I think of committing suicide but thinking of my family and friends stops me from doing that thankfully. If I had none of those I would have shot myself dead by now.
>>
>>23299381
I'm 27 chubby male, I had interest in occult and religion few years ago, before becoming an atheist. I started with new age, but moved to gnosticism. I know some stuff about antroposophy, and its related schools, russian misticism, and I find Crowly a bit interesting (but i don't have time to read more unfortunately). I also like theravada budhism, and I was so much into J. Krishnamurti and C. G. Jung. I love art, especially music, and i come from STEM field so I also have a fine knowledge of science.

I'm curious about everything, and I love to talk when I have time. But I don't have kik. And I live on the other side of planet. Wanna leave you my email if you are interested?
>>
File: scully.gif (499 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
scully.gif
499 KB, 500x341
>>23301386
Do you use any other forms of communication? Think you could teach me a lot! would love to talk to you, anon.
>>
>>23301475
>any other forms of communication
I hope I didn't sound like granpa. I use skype, and fb. I could install kik, though I've never used it (and I'm used to plain old keyboard). Is it a chat app or what?
>>
>>23301572
Nah, don't worry! Most of these things are much lost on myself too. I use kik because it's pretty neat for a mobile application to be in touch with internet people. You can leave me your skype too, if that would be more convenient.. I use it the most along with kik.
>>
>>23301386

So, if someone was interested in learning more about the occult, theravada budhism, and the like, what would be some good books/sites/etc. to look at?
>>
>>23301651
Depends on what kind of occult are you talking about...

For theosophy and antroposophy look at the works of Rudolf Steiner and Helena Blavatsky, though steiner was more systematic and interesting. His works can be found translated at

http://www.rudolfsteinerarchive.net/

There are two particularly interesting to me derivatives of this school. The Rosicrucian Fellowship (http://www.rosicrucian.com/) and its derivative (that is complete opposite in the fundamental premisses, but uses the same language) the Lectorium Rosicrucianum (though, you should probably get in contact with them or buy their books, because its hard to find online/unless you know russian)

Speaking of Russians, google Peter Uspensky and Gurdjieff...

Concerning theravada, try googling 'theravada free books'. I got my books for free from local theravada society, but they are not in English.

Here is a random site I've just found: http://www.buddhanet.net/ebooks_s.htm
Read Dhammapada. I can recommend authors Ajahn Chah and Bhikkhu Bodhi

Concerning other occult, such as satanisam, neopaganism and similar, I'm not so much familiar, but they build on the foundations similar to steiner.

For example, search for the book The Mystical Qabalah, author Dion Fortune. She is basically mixing a very small bit of ceremonial magic building on works of Eliphas Levi, and uses Jungian and Freudian psychology to explain the symbolism behind Qabalah.

>>23301593
I'll register on kik, and kik you
>>
I either tell myself nothing matters and feel bad, but know it won't matter or I do nothing and just go through feeling like shit. I think I'm going to kill myself one day, but I don't know. There's things I like and don't want to leave and things I don't like that make me want to go ahead with it.

I really wish I could take the drug route, but there's too many problems with that. I try drinking but after just a few beers, all the issues are just amplified.
>>
>>23293085
I get really really drunk to the point where i don't give a fuck. Then the next day i feel sick and go over everything i did when drunk thinking about how much of an annoying loudmouth i was.
>>
Combination of medication and just powering through it
>>
i smoke, drink, self-harm and skip school
oh and zoloft
2edgy
>>
>>23296654
>>23296592
>btw I'm a girl!!!!!
>>
I just sleep when thoughts get realllly unbearable, and when Im awake I do my best to inch towards a few goals I have set for myself. Most are very far away, but some are close so it's nice to see myself make progress. Idk ya'll. Learn skills. Consume media. Make money. Adventure.
>>
File: 1454027546301.jpg (649 KB, 827x1169) Image search: [Google]
1454027546301.jpg
649 KB, 827x1169
by making lots and lots of lists.

i make lists of the little things and separate them from the bigger things i want to accomplish, so i know realistically what it'll take to do those things, and not get bent out of shape when/if i feel like i'm failing. when i get upset i tend to forget and over look all the things i've accomplished, so having those lists shows me right before my eyes that this isn't true.

might sound lame/simple, but learning what i can do RIGHT NOW versus what i have to work towards in other steps has helped me so much in taking control of my life. structure (or lack of) can make or break some people.

>>23296879
24/female here, i might be pretty boring but if you want someone to practice with, no judgement, i'd be willing to chat back and forth.
>>
>>23298572
Fuck, are you me from two years ago? I'm much better now, and by much better, I mean my anxiety is pretty much gone while my depression is stronger.
>>
>>23298270
i have trouble making friends, but do have some great ones that have been made with fellow people with social anxiety.

although being open about your mental illness can be hard, you can find people who understand by being upfront about it from the beginning so you have nothing to hide. i have a close friend that i started off the friendship with by telling her right away i might not keep in contact consistently. she was totally okay with it and 10 years later, we're still friends.

you just have to keep trying, there are people out there who understand and work with you.
>>
19/F, I have anxiety, and have only recently gotten a handle on my depression. I used to cut and smoke whenever I had an episode (panic or depressive). I only started to get better when I realized my "trigger" was loneliness and quiet; if I had/have too much free time to think, I get obsessive, paranoid, and out of control.
I got a bit better by channeling my energy into other things. I volunteer a lot and worked at a charity for a while (my main criticism of myself was that I wasn't doing enough for the world lol it's dumb but it helped me), started a photography business to have something to fill even more time, enrolled in online courses... I've never had the urge to cut or smoke since. I still have pretty bad anxiety, by normal standards, but I love people, so it's pretty shitty to be dropping spaghetti whenever I try to make friends. In the grand scheme of things, it could be worse lol
>>
meds and therapy, that's it

it sucks being constantly anxious. already tried to an hero and fucked up. i'm afraid to do it again, so right now i'm just sucking it up as best as I can
>>
I have general and social anxiety, depression, and very high-functioning aspergers. I don't cope well. I take meds, exercise, eat healthy, have counseling and I'm still fucked. Smoking weed, being alone and having a pet helps
>>
>>23301200
Music, singing and writing songs. I had to scrap like half a notebook of shitty writing recently because I realized it was mostly about suicide and I thought it was going to sound terrible
>>
File: 2011-06-30 19.41.33.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1920) Image search: [Google]
2011-06-30 19.41.33.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1920
>severe social anxiety
>some other "issues" that are non-issues
>oddly no depression now or in the past

32 - male
There comes a point when you run out of fucks to give; a point when you realize no one cares, no one is willing to help, and that dwelling on it is doing more damage than just letting go.
I almost never leave the house. Being out in public is like a constant low-level panic attack. I spend most of my time engaging in fruitless hobbies, playing entirely too much video games, and just generally wasting valuable oxygen. I don't care though. i feel bad nor good about any of it and just simply go through the cycle. I'm even at the point where i don't even bother trying to talk to others online most of the time. There isn't much difference to the tangible world. People just don't seem to care or have next to no patience.
I fully expect nothing more than one of those spurious pats on the back that has become custom these days. Does a single one of you honestly care? I'm much too cynical to believe so...
>>
I feel like a skype group would be a cool thing for this thread, would anybody join it if there was one?
>>
>>23305110
nope
>severe social anxiety
i do well enough with a keyboard considering
>>
I don't.. No words to describe how desparately I crave some kind of love and affection.
>>
>>23305133
get a dog
>being serious
>>
>>23305122
yeah but a recurring theme I'm seeing is like wanting to talk to people but being unable to. I feel like a group of people who have a similar mindset might be more receptive to each and help each other. Bbuuuttt I just wanted to put the idea out there
>>
>>23305133
Same. But I'm too anxious to date.
>>
>>23305139
I have two cats. I guess I shouldn't have said any, because I meant from a human being. Just thought it was implied..
>>
agoraphobia and is currently being treated
i drink water, i do belly breathing, i play video games (violent ones take out the stress) sometimes music is good, sometimes talking is good.
last resort is sleeping
>>
>>23305146
Same. And im married. And have a high stress job.
>>
>>23305144
absolutely. by all means try getting a group chat up. i do imagine there are others who would appreciate it and maybe even benefit from such a thing.
i was only speaking for myself.

>>23305149
>cats
a cat isn't a dog. your cats probably hate you even though you love them. its dysfunctional. true animal companionship isnt the same as human companionship, but its better than sitting in a dark room where the only living things are you and the spider crawling down the wall
>>
>>23305155
Yep, same here on the stressful job part. Really doesn't help, but I can't get a different job because I panic so badly during interviewa that I shut down
>>
>>23305164
Interviews*
>>
>>23305164
I actual like the job. The stress from it gets taken home sometimes though. I keep it away from my family because it's all too technical for them to care about. But it makes me feel alone having to say work was fine today. ...everyday.
>>
>>23305174
I hear you. My former "friends" got sick of me talking about work, so eventually I just started lying about it. It's a shitty feeling when you can't talk about things.
>>
>>23305144
Might join tomorrow or something if i'm feeling up to it. It might be nice to talk to people going through what I am.
>>
>>23305110
I'd join. Let me know, I'll post my skype in here. Also, regarding. I game and I work a LOT. When I do well at work, I feel like I'm doing well for myself, like I'm wanted and actually accomplishing stuff with my life. I also smoke here and there, music also helps me a lot in any situation.
>>
>>23293085

I fell in love on purpose. I met a girl in one of threads here, talked a bit, It clicked very nicely, so we interact a lot online. The distance makes meeting pretty much impossible, but I don`t care much. I know that in terms of a normal relationship it leads nowhere, most probably, but right now I enjoy one of my rare non-depressive states. Feels pretty good to have someone even if it`s virtual, I`m working to make it last as long as it can, and am prepared for the end if it comes to it, though I hope it will last for years.
>>
>>23298270

I think I know what you mean about life collapsing around you. I can relate to your social anxiety, too. Hard to think of any advice, so I`ll just say that I feel you.
>>
>>23305144
I'll do it if it's text

one thing you want though is not to encourage people to sit on skype all the time, because that's not going to make them any better
>>
>>23298365

Interesting. Have you ever tried to give those demons something to do? Like to come up with a solution to a problem, or an idea?
>>
>depression
Exercise is what really helped me here. Cardio always made me miserable, but lifting weights puts me in a good place. Mess always just made me not care that I was depressed, but that's just brushing the issue under a rug.

>social anxiety
Yeah, I don't really cope with that. I just keep to myself for the most part, and a very small group of friends. The rest of the world can burn for all I care
>>
>>23293085
i cured my social anxiety partly with shrooms. however i dont recommend doing that to most people.
leaving your comfort zone also helps a lot...you just gotta force yourself to do it over and over and not hide everytime a challenge comes up.
used to have 0 friends. now i got a whole bunch of them
>>
>>23296592
As someone nearing 30, figure something else out. Delusions don't fix anything.
>>
>>23304825
Any idea whats causing the depression? Are you on meds?
>>
>>23298270
M/28/us
I definitely feel you on the depression/social anxiety thing. I keep moving from place to place, job to job and even though the people I work with or hang out with are always awesome, I keep convincing myself that it's all fake or not what I'm "supposed to do". It always ends with me isolating myself which is never good. I've never been in any sort of romantic relationship because I'm afraid my mental/emotional issues will only get in the way, and the last thing I want is for my own personal shit to hurt someone I care about, though that ends up happening anyways. I feel like I'm always losing my friends, the old and the new. Naturally this just all adds to my abysmally low self esteem. I drink quite a bit as well, just broke into my roommates cooking wine 'cause it was the only alcohol available, it helps in the short term but long term just ends up making me feel worse. It's much easier to give advice than to take it, that being said: hang in there, find those friends and family who really care about you and confide in them. Also you might need help via medicine of therapy. No shame in that, I certainly need it. Though I can't get myself to talk to anyone unless I'm black out drunk so I dunno....you're not alone I guess? Wish I could be more supportive but I'm one bad day from "accidently" stepping in front of a bus myself.
>>
I drink excessively and sleep around a lot.
Mashedpotitties
>>
Hi, I'm Neil...

I cope by not leaving my room for anything but work. Kill me
>>
This sucks
>>
This is not your personal blog people
>>
>>23293085
I don´t.
I tried seeing a therapist to talk about my problems because I can always trust a therapist rigt?
Wrong. I tried to be honest about what had happened to me but she did´nt even want to listen but she wanted my money. Now I just suffer through day after day and hope it will get better and try to go outside as little as possible.
>>
>>23305619
you know there are good and bad therapists ?
dont base your opinion on one experience
>>
>>23305542
loneliness causes depression
since this is a thread for people with social anxiety....
>>
>>23305139

Bullshit advice. I got a dog thinking it would help and I hate his guts. Dogs have too much energy and are too fucking needy. They need someone who can meet their needs, not just meet the needs of their owner. If you don't have the time or energy to invest in a dog, don't get one expecting the animal to fix you and your problems.
>>
File: 1328374647103.jpg (254 KB, 717x720) Image search: [Google]
1328374647103.jpg
254 KB, 717x720
>>23306550
stop being such a lazy selfish son of a bitch. thats probably most of your problems right there.
>>
>>23306672
It is actually, if I weren't so lazy I'd probably have killed myself already.
>>
>>23306941
im not surprised, and hence why i suggest getting a dog.

exercise is as good for mental health as physical health
then theres the purpose in having to care for something provides.
a dog is a catalyst for interaction with other people. from my experience with social anxiety most of the trouble is being the one to engage with someone else while its much easier when its the other person who first talks to you.

i never claimed it would magically fix everything, but its not a bad first step
>>
>>23306999
I'm not the same person you were talking to and I've had dogs for most of my life. It just doesn't produce much of a reaction in me, which I disagreed with the advice. My latest dog, whom I'll have had for three years in March, I obtained due to your way of thinking. The dog didn't help at all and now I've a life I'm responsible for and I just want to give him away. He deserves better than me, he deserves someone who can really take care of him.

You also have to consider that not all dogs have the same temperament; you can't just get A dog, you have to have one that suits your needs and personality. I thought I could change with this dog, I thought I would change for this dog but things didn't work out that way.

Dogs are great animals but they're not for everyone.

I don't have anxiety, I'm
>>
>>23305110
I would join. Feels like I'm going in circles senpai
>>
>>23298572
I would like to be your friend, we're pretty similar. ;_;
>>
>>23294142
You still there? I had some exams in the last days, have not been on 4chin. I still wanna talk to a girl with the same problems though.

I won't share my Skype-name here. But my Kik is aloxxa
>>
>>23308902
I only have skype. shetbag87, add me.
>>
>>23308921
sent. not gonna talk to you now though, its 2 am here in western europe
>>
File: IMG_8431.jpg (120 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8431.jpg
120 KB, 640x1136
i have gotten through my 4 year battle with depression and now im happier than ever , but smoking was nice then and it still is
>>
I think I'm gonna cut myself again
>>
>>23308989
Please don't :(
>>
File: Photo on 2-9-16 at 2.54 AM #2.jpg (141 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 2-9-16 at 2.54 AM #2.jpg
141 KB, 1080x720
22 year old masochistic progressive innovative freak of nature here.

I'm actually very socially scared, and everyone thinks i'm a freak. But some people love that.

Is anyone here an open minded honest weirdo? Someone who won't judge me, but will be my friend? I am an open book who will listen to your problems without judgement.

(I only have sex with sadist girls, so don't ask for sex)
>>
Everyone treats you like an addict even your trying toget.better so might as well go back to smoking a gram of coke in one foily and throwing back 3 minty kpins thats the way to do it
>>
>>23310470
I cherish people who can be honest, and weird! Being a bit of a freak isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially so, if you're just being true to yourself.
>>
Even tho I was abused when I was a kid I rarely think of those times, but I'm sure it guided me along this outlook: I distract myself from my emptiness with movies and music and imagining different paths sprouting from the past. It's a prison of self-hatred and stalled being.
>>
I have up and down days.

Ive suffered with depression since i was a kid so i kind of got used to it.

I still feel like of i were to take meds id feel 100 times better but ive always been afraid to.

My life honestly is pretty okay at the moment and what bugs me is that i feel more depressed than ever.

I shouldnt be. I have a job, an amazing boyfriend and friends. Its annoying how it hits me at the worst time. For the most part id say ignorance helpes me cope. When im ignoring any thought in my head i tend to feel okay...the moment i sit and think then my mind instantly goes negative and i think of the worst things.
Im in constant fear of losing my bf whos actually the only person keeping me sane but im scared hes going to really realized how fucked up i am and leave me. I dont see what he sees in me but hes honestly treated me better than any man ive known.
I just wish i could be normal for him. He deserves it
>>
an almost constant stream of mindless escapism

mostly video games - actual enjoyment is minimal but they do a decent enough job of keeping the crazy thoughts at bay

i'd probably abuse substances a lot more if i didn't live with my parents
>>
File: Alex_Grey-The_Kiss(1).jpg (269 KB, 752x1000) Image search: [Google]
Alex_Grey-The_Kiss(1).jpg
269 KB, 752x1000
31/M/UK with Borderline Personality Disorder and Major Depressive Disorder.

A few facts about me:

>transitioned from male to female, HRT for 20 months, detransitioned at the encouragement of ex-gf at the time
>attempted suicide a year later due to working a stressful, underpaid job and working on my book in my spare time - basically broke myself
>got on Zoloft afterwards, life improved considerably
>gf came out as a lesbian 2 months ago, broke up and still friends/support her with loans through her placement year because she is one of those rare people with a genuinely good heart who deserves help in the same way she helped me.
>got rid of narcissistic headcase best friend last year too, better for it even if I have no active social life now

How do I cope? I've started to adopt a view Maslov's hierarchy of needs:

Am I safe/stable?
Am I fed?
Am I watered?
Am I rested?
Am I clean/shaven?
Am I medicated?

One of the problems with depression is that it makes you feel like nothing you do is worth anything, be it waxing your pits or jumping in front of a runaway train to save a sack of kittens. A way to mitigate that feeling is to equate the difficulty you have doing something simple with the achievement you should feel for doing it. Another way to motivate yourself is to set a goal that is so easy to achieve (i.e. brushing your teeth) that it's banal to consider it a challenge, thus compelling you to do it because what kind of loser can't even brush their teeth, right?

Moving on to some more complex questions:

Am I sober and if not, is this the best time not to be sober? Are there less problematic times or substances to use? (I smoke weed and have a soft stash of valiums and codeine for headaches or sleepless nights)
Am I lonely and if so, how badly do I need what I think I need?
If this is not the life I want to live, what life DO I want to live?
What would I do with my life if money was no object and personal problems were not standing in the way?
Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.