[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>my gf of a year and a half keeps pressuring me to propose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: SighRes.png (137 KB, 904x864) Image search: [Google]
SighRes.png
137 KB, 904x864
>my gf of a year and a half keeps pressuring me to propose to her even though I feel way too young to get married
Women of /soc/ can you please explain why the fuck your gender is so adamant on getting married?
>>
>>23276635
She's trying to lock you down homie. Don't do it.
>>
>>23276635

How old are you? How old is she?
Are you secure financially?
>>
>>23276886
I'm 22. She's 23. And I'm actually jobless rn but she has a job.
>>
Don't do it.
The end.
>>
>>23276635
Same here, only in a 2 year relationship. She's 19 and I'm 20. It's only pushing me away to be honest with you.
>>
fuck that shit getting married is a trap nowadays
>>
I dunno, I guess some women want security. Not all women want to get married though. I'm 24 and I don't want marriage or children ever. My parents have been together 38 years and if it weren't for my brother and I they'd be divorced. It's sort of how you're brought up that may influence your opinion on marriage I guess
>>
>>23276635
She probably just loves you and gets excited thinking about being your wife, because that's how I felt before I was engaged.

But your case sounds way too soon anon. I got engaged at age 24 and by then we had been together for a little over FIVE years, we were both working full time and owned a house time together. Tell her you love her but you're not ready and if she loves you, she will be okay with waiting because she knows it will happen when the time is right. Rings are expensive enough, but weddings are insanely expensive and you won't be able to plan anything without income anyway... or maybe you rich parents if you're lucky.
>>
At least you have gf tbqh familia
>>
>>23276907

Too early. It`s not fucking nineteen fifties.
You`re both inexperienced and stupid, and have rather delusioned view of the reality. That`s from practical point of view.
From psychological one: she wants it, you don`t. She`s pressing you, you have two options: resist or cave.
If you cave, you`ll either lead unhappy life and/or be divorced somewhere around 30, give or take a couple years.
If you resist, you`ll either end your relationship or convince your gf to wait. The second option is less likely.

In my opinion your gf does NOT want a marriage. She wants a wedding. That`s how girls your age think.
>>
Don't fucking do it.

If you do at least sign a prenup.

Marriage in this day and age with all these sl00tz out there is fucking retarded
>>
>>23276635
Not all of us. I've never mentioned proposal to my boyfriend and I don't intend to. When he wants to marry me, then we will. Honestly there's no age I care for. The longer I wait, the better.
>>
>>23278490

Something tells me that you would be much better wife and are much better companion than any of those women nagging for marriage. All the best!
>>
marriage is such an outdated and useless institution.

Good thing the gays in US got the right to marry, too bad its a fucking stupid thing to do anyway.
>>
A year and a half?

Shit, that's not nearly enough time to properly get to know each other...
>>
>>23277033
>>23276635
This.
She probably just loves the idea of being your wife. Take it as a compliment, not a trap.
Just tell her you want to give her the wedding she 'deserves' and that's why you want to wait.
>>
File: 20111108-Picture-59.jpg (23 KB, 450x239) Image search: [Google]
20111108-Picture-59.jpg
23 KB, 450x239
>>23276635
>Women of /soc/ can you please explain why the fuck your gender is so adamant on getting married?
I'm definitely in no rush at all to get married, and probably won't ever. The most that I would do is be perpetually engaged if I ended up being with somebody for like 10 years or something.
A year and a half is by no means enough time to start committing to marriage.
A lot of my female friends are obsessed with this because they want lavish weddings.
Many women I know are psychotic enough to keep secret pinterest boards full of their wedding plans and inspiration.
They have no concept of it being a major waste of money, and are hellbent on having a family. This is especially true with girls who have no aspirations in life. (Career/Travel goals, will make no greater contributions to society)
They literally do not care, and refuse to consider it because they expect their husband and parents to pay.
Honestly, it's probably time to break up with her before she decides to trap you into marriage by getting pregnant. SO MANY times I've listened to other chicks tell me about how they're planning to do this, it's extremely common.
Please save yourself OP.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.