[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT CHAT/DISCUSSIONS Last thread reached the limit Chat Gen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 143
File: webcam-toy-photo91.jpg (83 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
webcam-toy-photo91.jpg
83 KB, 800x600
ITT CHAT/DISCUSSIONS
Last thread reached the limit

Chat General - Take a pic in your current state (no polished selfies)
>Music Disscusion
>What are you doing?
>Why you are a fucking NEET weirdo? (it's cool if you're not)
>Video Games(?)
>Books you're currently reading
>Films etc.

General Discussion

You don't have to following these guidelines, it's just a suggestion, just post some content so other anons get to know you.
This is a meet-up board after all.

This isn't exactly a rate thread but if that is truly what you seek OP will deliver. R8 others if you're into it.
Let's try to be civil, last couple threads were pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJSoec3r-EI

Maintaining consistency, love all you guys.
>>
File: fago suckin dicks.jpg (58 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
fago suckin dicks.jpg
58 KB, 640x480
Germans also regrettably welcome
>>
First bishes
>>
>>23272595
hello mexicanon
>>
File: IMG_20160204_215631626.jpg (548 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160204_215631626.jpg
548 KB, 720x1280
>>23272564
returning from the grave

hi anon
how have you been
>>
File: Snapshot_20160204.jpg (168 KB, 1043x717) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_20160204.jpg
168 KB, 1043x717
congratz on the yob, OP. My last sip of coffee will be dedicated 2 u and ye unborn children and ye ancestors. also how is that book? I've always wanted to read it
>>
>>23272613
oh shit anon, whats up

Been pretty alright, I think If I remember correctly you were on some meet up with a gril from /soc/

>>23272624
Thanks anon :3 It's probably the greatest work of literature ever to be conceived, btw.
>>
>>23272603
Shalom JP-nee
How the hell was I discovered so quick.
>>
>>23272636
>Just know
>>
>>23272634
yeah, i got back from the airport a few hours ago
feeling inexplicably dizzy so i can't really absorb any information from reading

shit sucks, will probably listen to music
anyhow, these threads make /soc/ worth visiting
>>
>>23272634
well goddamn. that should be next on mi list then. I trust your taste
>>
>>23272653
Well I hope it was cool, man.

Always accepting music recs ofcourse
been on this Car Seat Headrest, Teen Suicide etc. kik recently
If you discover anything new, link it, homie
>>
>>23272662
If you like anything Science Fiction, this is almost the forerunner of the genre imo, it's inspired things like WarHammer and modern sci/fi.

It's the god father of sci/fi , son.
>so good
>>
>>23272686
Nothing new in the last few weeks, but I've gone back to a few bands in that time and found new enjoyment for cardiacs at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-dd4fMUhAY
>>
File: snapshot (30).jpg (44 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
snapshot (30).jpg
44 KB, 640x480
>>23272585
>still regreting that picture
Youre just asking to be shopped ITT op!

>Music Disscusion
Listening to death grips, I´ll make a seperate post in a giffy because I have some questions :^)
>What are you doing?
Just came back from a discussion, now deciding if I should spend my day shitposting or reading.
Still nah
>Video Games(?)
Actually im nearly done with critique of the political economy so yay!
>Films etc.
Nothing new today, planning to watch friends tommorrow
>>
File: senpai pls.jpg (38 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
senpai pls.jpg
38 KB, 960x960
>>23272728
pwease no bully anon :3

>>23272728
You and I both are on that DG kick
>BPW
>>
>>23272564
>classes
I thought about your four class system and I really dont see the use in it. The thought that you cant make revolution with prosties and junkies is a bit out of touch with reality and economically there still are only two classes, so why the seperation?
>Death Grips and Industrial/Noise music in general
I know I should go over to /mu/ for this but I would probably be stoned so Im building on your tolerance!
I´ve been listening to a bit more Industrial and Experimental lately because you guys got me to it and I really enjoy the range of emotions that isnt given in other genres, that makes this music just feel so real and alife.
But besides that Im asking myself: What is so new about it? I mean wasnt the introduction of unharmonic music in the beginning of the 20th century not nearly the same as what noise and that jam is doing right now? Why is Death Grips
supposed to be revolutionary?
>>
>>23272735
>that picture
kek
What does BPW mean?
>>
File: Snapshot_20160204_5.jpg (153 KB, 963x713) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_20160204_5.jpg
153 KB, 963x713
>>23272720
that's what's up. do you like to re-read shit, anon?

someone please send me shitty fashion magazines so I continue making creepy collages
>>
>>23272720
I love Dune, but I wouldn't say it's the forerunner of the genre. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Journey to the Center of the Earth, The Time Machine, came way before.
>>
File: WIN_20160204_22_01_03_Pro.jpg (163 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160204_22_01_03_Pro.jpg
163 KB, 1280x720
>Music Disscusion
listening to Fidlar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2fg5nwqQds
>What are you doing?
dossing on internet
sorta, sorta not
>Video Games(?)
stuck on alien isolation
see pic, good couple more as well, waiting on one to complete a set but its only on a hardcover for now
>Films etc.
saw the revenant was okay, but not oscar worthy, looking forward to Deadpool hopefully its decent.
>>
>>23272752
Yeah I know, it's just the forerunner in my opinion, based off the other great works that were inspired by it. I just really enjoy it.

>>23272749
BPW = Bottomless Pit, when? The anticipation for their new album is taking up a lot of threads on /mu/

>>23272743
Hey man, I didn't make that theory, but I did not say that it would be impossible for lumpen to wage class warfare. It's just a matter of dividing up the potential complacency, lack of attachment to class struggle, and apathy with the petty borg
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>Music.... Definitely Queen or dead kennedys
>I'm just fucking around on 4chan funnily enough
>Not a neet bruhhhh
>Ummm probably Ac brotherhood
>I'm reading les miserables
>>
>>23272764
>Fidlar
>Alien Isolation
>Dune

Mah man, yeah I don't think it's Oscar worthy, but if it did win an Oscar I wouldn't be surprised either, that director is a genius imo. At least practically.
>>
>>23272767
>BPW
its kinda ironic that people are so addicted to it right? I mean the reaction that /mu/ is giving is exactly what theyre planing for.
>theory
I know man, Im not judging you for it, just wondering why you support that idea and assuming that therefore there must be some good reasoing behind hit, just trying to find that for myself :)
>>
>>23272749
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p611hMnrGKE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqHu_t7wX4A

in case you missed it last thread

Lil yung Stefan :3

>>23272778
I use it because I believe it's practical in ascertaining the sub classes that would participate in class struggle, Lumpen and proles being most likely while petty being more prone to apathy and comfort. It just adds some more definition.
>>
File: Queen.jpg (21 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
Queen.jpg
21 KB, 500x400
>>23272641
Pls señor mister patron no llamar migra.
>>23272769
>Queen
Yes!
>>
>>23272778
Yeah I'm afraid that DG is going to fall victim to saturation

>>23272751
Send me that PO box address, son

>>23272725
http://stefanburnett.com/

check this out
>>
>>23272789
Fuck man, that dude apparently always was awesome!
>classes
I dont think this is the best way to discuss it anyways, but I get what you mean now!
>>
>>23272811
Yeh mane, I'm still pretty entry level in Marxist theory, I haven't read Das Kapital yet, but I've browsed the Marxist glossary, read the Manifesto and participated in some protests back in 2012.

Would discuss more theory with you on a proper venue/10

>pic related
>>
kek, I should get one just so I can accept all de magazines in teh world. maybe I'll make one for you for your retirement and/or funeral
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (120 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
120 KB, 1920x1080
>>23272811
Back to DG, I think DG connected the hip hop world with the punk/noise fringe. The aggression, paranoia, and claustrophobic tortured sounds of DG is what the fans of both spectrum really relate to, at least for me. If someone did it first I think DG just brought it full circle.

>the best
>>
>>23272826
https://nounss.bandcamp.com/track/serious-japanther-breakup-song
>>
>>23272769
Never actually read that o_o
Really need to buy more classic literature instead of the pretentious trash I buy to impress the honeys, nahh mean.
>>
>>23272831
yoooo this fucking bandcamp, wish their other albums were available.
nice find

https://badmatches.bandcamp.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8LhDohyec4
>>
File: WIN_20160204_17_35_16_Pro.jpg (320 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160204_17_35_16_Pro.jpg
320 KB, 1920x1080
Here we are, currently in the state of waking up. Evening friends.

>I listen to a variety. So currently Im listening to Love by Chaos Chaos

>Browsing 4chan. Putting off a lot of work.

>Why am I a NEET? School wasnt for me. I tried a semester, went for two weeks then skipped my classes every day. Its a bunch of bullshit. Just a way for the government to make money. How can I learn something from a book that I have to speak from my own heart, mind and soul? I'm waiting on the call from my current place, saying my drug test is negative hopefully. And Military is well, the military. Soldiers are a joke now a days and its laughable. Plus, war isn't something I support right now. The government is just looking for shit to send mindless sheep into.

>Currently on a CS:GO binge. Tryna get reranked after that update.

>Currently in the Middle of The Doors of Perception

>Last Movie I saw in theaters was The Night Before, Last movie I wayched was Cheech and Chong's Up in Smoke, Film im looking forward to is Deadpool.
>>
File: snapshot (31).jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
snapshot (31).jpg
42 KB, 640x480
>>23272818
Dude A:
That is the most kick ass picture ever man, really!
B: Ya, if I can add you anywhere I would like to aswell
>marxist theory
I dont know man, I wouldnt even try to read das Kapital.. I would read an interpretation if I were you, really dont underestimate that book.
The book im reading, critique of the political economy - an introduction by michael Heinrich is an introduction to das Kapital and its really really good. I can vertify it so far that Im in one of the most trustworthy german anti establishment groups (not saying the name here) and they say its a great introduction, so you godda decide if Im a viable source or not f am :^)
>DG
The fact that it introduces hip hop to those genres is probably the reason. Just like collapsing new buildings defined Industrial in the 80s.
I really like the sound of them aswell, I agree with the feelings the songs are emmitting, plus frustration!
>Animal Collective
U dig brah?
>>
>>23272789
>>23272826
woah. I usually have no interest in hip hop but I like this a lot. I like the beatz
>>
>>23272860
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxPYk_8Vrn4

Give this album a listen

Also this is my favorite song on their EP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFmZ6WDkuj0

if you like sludge, you're gonna like these guys.
>>
File: parents pay.png (772 KB, 615x768) Image search: [Google]
parents pay.png
772 KB, 615x768
>Music Disscusion
im listening to nick drake rarities
>What are you doing?
nothing but i might j/o or something
because
>Video Games(?)
playing through xcom, psychonauts, and etrian mystery dungeon rn
infinite jest (happy 20th anniversary)
>Films etc.
i dont like films

that feel when your english professor asks you to do a presentation on postmodernism at a nearby university
>>
>>23272850
Sup dudr

I have a feeling Deadpool is going to be shit, but I'm hoping not. Suicide Squad seriously looks like shit.

>>23272878
Dude that fucking shirt
>kek

Yeah I really need to get infinite jest, everyone keeps recommending it to me
>posmodernism
god speed anon. may fortune ever be in your favor
>>
File: WIN_20160204_174958.jpg (121 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160204_174958.jpg
121 KB, 1280x720
Hey y'all. Good to see the famiglia again.

I have to read 11 more chapter by tomorrow morning. Kill me. Kill me now anons.

Just had my first day of work at Goodwill this morning. It was okay. Really boring orientation shit, but kinda cool to see all these disabled and poor people getting help from the company right in front of my squinty eyes. Also talked to a dude about music and life although I'll probably never see him again because he was assigned to a different city. Overall an okay day. I gotta practice saxophone within the next hour before the little Chinese boy above my apartment starts practicing his clarinet at 7:00 SHARP E.S.T. every night like a good little asian boy. lolol

Also, prepare for a FUCKLOAD of words to the anons I spoke to in the last thread before it got locked. I typed out essays for you guys because I love you. <3
>>
I've been into vaporwave the past couple years and I like the sort of stupid mashup songs I find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQzNZR-LXZc

https://bbrainz.bandcamp.com/album/pizza-contigo

some of it seems circlejerky but I honestly love some of the albums a ton

>aesthetic

5 is my fav

then just the odd stupid youtube mashup that works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRarL_O24R0
>>
>tfw been away from these threads for two weeks and feel left behind

did you guys have any interesting discussions?
>>
>>23272904
>Those Death Grips mashups
yeah I've explored the dark world of DG mashups, some of them are actually pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgwXgSS6p7s

>>23272907
Yeah, there was some discussions on the soul, some racist dude chugging beer like no other on Gifpal was stroking Adam Smiths cock.
Found out most of us in this thread are from right outside NYC

nothing continuing in current threads, so you alright.
Also everyone found out my name is JP
so hi, my name is JP
>>
>>23272624
>college
What kind of science did you study?
>Oso
ohhhhhhhh....I shoulda known, but I haven't had a convo in Spanish since I took it in high school. My brother and I still say weird things to each other though like "interesante mi guante" lol. We all took Spanish in high school, but it was really basic an non-immersive, so we learned grammar but never spoke Spanish except on our final tests. Pretty dumb imo.
>be a shriner
lolol
>New England v New Zealand
Cool. What kind of bands did you see in NZ? Also, I thought NY at least had a good scene for shoegaze and indie rock. I know it has a pretty strong jazz scene, though. Oh yeah, and there was the whole No Wave movement that probably still lingers. Idk about the other states you've been to though.
>your next solo album
haha do you play any instruments?
>>
>>667151237
wat
>>
>>23272624
oh yeah that's in response to our convo from the last thread :l
>>
>>23272913
>adam smith
i would comment but after 400 pages of the wealth of nations i just started to feel apathetic towards relating to things in terms of bushels of wheat and old english currency
>>
>>23272852
>Animal Collective
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuoIvNFUY7I

Really love the new track, been a huge fan ever since High School

I trust your knowledge germanon.
>>
>>23272901
Am preparing for the wall of text anon.
>>
there was some grimes or animal collective song about lsd or taking it and for the life of me I can't remember its name.

had a sort of stringy intro
>>
>>23272939
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqvBoFpgXQA

Not sure, is this close?
>>
>>23272728
sorry to do this to you germanon but I'm continuing our last convo
>jazz
I agree with you on the things you said except for the great technique part. I think non-musicians and even non-drummers are unable to notice refined technique. The kid in Whiplash had terrible technique for riding the cymbal, according to a lot of seasoned jazz drummers, including the teachers I worked for. Even Tony Williams and Peter Erskine explain in their tutorials how doing an uptempo cymbal pattern requires a very subtle, precise technique that minimizes movement in the arm. The kid from Whiplash was using mostly his wrist and arm movement, instead of using rebound with his middle finger underneath the stick. The wrist and arm are only supposed to support a little bit, but the kid was being flashy and taking out his anger, so I guess it makes sense that he fucked up his hands. Although idk about the rest of his technique. It looked fine to me. Maybe the director wanted him to have bad ride technique. Who knows?
>sad successful people
Yeah I forgot about that. My uncle was one of those people. Near-perfect grades, got the job his parents wanted, loving wife and one kid (before getting 3 more) yet he was having suicidal thoughts. It sucks. I guess everyone just has to find their own way to be truly happy and fulfilled. For my uncle, it was religion. But my dad is also a pastor and he's been really depressed for a long time. I'm sure my dad just has a lot of unresolved psychological issues from the violent childhood he had though. My mom told me that his dad would come home drunk and beat him up for no reason a lot. Luckily for me, my dad doesn't ever drink alcohol. I don't either, but that's because my best friend and my first girlfriend were both violently abused by their alcoholic parents. My cousin's drinking is getting out of hand now and my brother's starting to drink too. I'm worried but I'm still not sure. I sometimes drink on holidays. Are you a drinker, germanon?
>>
>>23272891
Yes. Suicide squad is going to be absolute shit. But Im holding high hopes for Deadpool. I was really unsure when they first announced it, after seeing Xmen wolverine and Ryan Reynolds playing deadpool in that was a shitty shitty rendition. Like he was just wearing a tank with some katanas. nice. But after seeing this trailer, Im down to fuck with this. Im just curious about how theyre going implement the voices
>>
>>23272945
nah thats not it but thanks it was more odd intro lotta colours like it was spinning, I guess more electric.

Think they said feel alive in it as well.
>>
that level is disappointment knowing they were making a Lucifer tv series based on the comic then turned it into another run of the mill cop procedure show.

fucking a man.

>no qt goth death of the endless
>>
>>23272932
Cant play it because of shitty german government inforced artist protection ;_;
Love the album spirit they're gone spirit they've vanished personally.
>>23272960
>"sorry"
Im glad man!
With technique I was talking about the sound, I also heard from guys that know how to drumb that his drumming looked terribly fake.
>drinking
Ya, I drink nearly every weekend and it can get a bit too much on the holidays. But it helps me to be more open and it also is a lot of fun for me, rarely had bad experiences drunk besides...
>got so drunk that I pissed on my jeans when trying to piss against a tree in front of a group of friends
>fml
Really you should only worry about the drinking if she drinks so much that she pukes every weekend or so, that really shows that it is self destructive drinking and not like I use it a method to open up.
Would also like to hear your opinion about Inudstrial/noise and death grips how I said earlier :) -->>>23272743
Psyched for your novel, koranon!
>>
File: 1454485508677.jpg (130 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1454485508677.jpg
130 KB, 1280x720
>>23272938
there's one anon left to feel the wrath of my blab but I don't think she's here :(

SUMMONING FORENSIC BIOCHEMISTRY ANON
>>
>>23272968
I think it's going to feel like Ant Man, it's going to get more views than that movie but I think I'm going to forget about it in a couple of days. Also I'm not a huge fan of vulgar comedies so I'm a little biased. I'm going to see it regardless but the bar is very low. Especially after the past couple super hero movie entries.

>>23272970
Will try and look for it for you before I leave tonight, try to help all anons with music related shit.

>>23272977
I never read the comic, but after watching one commercial for that shite I hope I never give it the satisfaction of appearing on my television. Fuck this gay remake phase in entertainment. They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel with these disappointments. I'm just holding out for Game of Thrones.
>>
>>23272931
>apathetic towards relating to things in terms of bushels of wheat and old english currency
kek

yeah that's why I've been reading mainly BPP literature, it modernizes those theories. Still need to read more Adam Smith for criticism.
>>
>>23272992
:c you mean the lil pharmanon whos an emt?
>>
File: IMG_7230.jpg (676 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7230.jpg
676 KB, 1920x1080
Hello, brethren.
>music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEw6rm8ISO8
>what am i doing
Eating, listening to Tribulation

How are all of you lovely people doing?
>>
>>23272991
>>23273023
BRB IN 33 MINUTES GAIZ I LOVE YOU DON'T H8 ME
>>
>>23273038
Doing real gr8
Once again, listening to DG discog

https://nounss.bandcamp.com/album/downer
other anon linked me this, you'd probably be into it.

>>23273041
I too will be right back
>>
>>23273083
It's pretty good, I like it.
You like harsh noise right?
>>
>>23273120
love it.
>>
>>23273127
absolutehellnoise.bandcamp.com
I remember you asking me if I did noise music. I lied to you.
Sorry.
>>
>>23273136
>This fucking layout
Already like it, gonna listen to these now
>>
>Music Disscusion
Listening to Going Quantum podcast
>What are you doing?
Got home from work some time ago. Still tired so internet and coffee it is.
DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY
>Video Games(?)
Waiting for Xcom2 to load
Reading Stephen King collection. Pretty spooky.
>Films etc.
Last film I watched was the Revenant a week ago. Bear should win oscar to be honest.
>>
>>23273136
>mfw

I'm still on Cathedral but so far the ambient noise on these tracks is pretty pleasing to the ear. I dig the tortured vibe m8. Gonna be listening to this for a while. Real good stuff.

What'd you use to create these sounds?
>>
>>23273153
Honestly I'd be surprised if Leo won an Oscar for this role, portraying loss isn't one of his stronger points. I do give him credit for the commitment to the role.
>>
ah yeah found the lsd song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxhaRgJUMl8
>>
>>23273167
Early on, I used a lot of crap, but it all broke, so I got lazy and just started plugging a Digitech RP150's input jacks into each other and it did the job. I also used my guitar for droning and extra feedback.
>>
>>23273181
Shite, yeh, not sure why i didn't think of this one.

>>23273190
Yeah I'm asking because I was wondering what pedals to buy to get this sort of sound using a guitar. Or just make some fucking weird piece of wood with springs and a frying pan with an input jack.

Any tips?
>>
>>23273190
>>23273167
And thank you. I might re-revive the project after I get some other shit done with another project I do.
>>
>>23273181
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdiwi2mKVaA
you might be into these guys.
>>
>>23273173
It'd be a pity Oscar for him at this point. The man has given it all and it seems not to be enough.
>>
>>23273023
ah yes the legendary pharmanon

Sadly, I don't think I'll be chatting tonight. I gotta finish reading and write up a paper tonight. UGH. See y'allnons on the flipside.
>>
>>23273210
L8r m8, see you around.
>space cowboy
>>
>>23273204
I am kek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O2y2n4HfMY

still a new song so ty
>>
>>23273196
Well the cheap and easy way is to get a guitar possessor pedal. It's got enough effects to use, and plugging the inputs into each other makes the thing freak out like what you hear when I do noise.
>pic related
The way most noise musicians do it is to get a bunch of random guitar pedals (mostly cheap distortion pedals) and chain it all through a small mixer. I think it helps to have a mic, too. Just look at some noise board setups, like Merzbow or CCCC or something.
>>
>>23273225
>forgot pic
>>
>>23273222
hnngggg

Crystal Castles is my favorite group, don't play with my heart anon. Saw these guys live and it was still one of the best shows I'ver ever been too.
Alice Glasse's DJ sets are pretty dope too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3qkPT9Ed1s
>>
>>23273219
throw this at pharmanon if she stops by pls JP-san

>In A Glass Darkly
Huh. I've never heard of that nor Le Fanu. I've been reading Verghese - Cutting For Stone. The prose is beautiful, but all the medical terms, latin phrases and uncommon words (e.g. hewn, venerate, cabalistic, stultifying, paroxysm) are slowing me down so much. Even though this was a bad idea, I estimated the time it'll take for me to finish by tomorrow, which is 2 minutes/page x 138 pages = 4.6 fucking hours. UGH. I think it takes more than 2min per page on average, actually. Kill me now anon.
>korean actors' names
Yeah I can't remember either lol. Korea doesn't have enough last names, and they're almost all one syllable. Idk what it is about learning korean vs learning japanese. Maybe japanese culture is more accessible. Idk.
>cynicism
Awesome that you share some of the same thoughts I have. Although, I kinda suck Henry Rollins dick and listen to him. Still, I think he's on point in this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjfRv4y1CBs
Before I saw this 2 years ago, I never thought of cynicism as a distorted way of thinking, let alone a clear concept. My ex-bestfriend was extremely cynical before I cut him off and I wonder if this would've helped him too.
>talking too much
I think it's great when people talk a lot. I know other people won't agree, but I like it. I think it makes me feel more comfortable when someone's very open verbally. Today I talked to a complete stranger and we went into our family histories and struggles. It was nice. Although, I'm a little different from you in that I repress a lot and I tend to keep quiet most of the time. I usually wait for someone else to initiate conversations, but after that point, I'm basically an open book. I think I'm more quiet because my dad raised me not to say anything that could make him angry, out of the fear that he'd yell at me or beat me. Still, there's probably something in my genes too. Idk.
>>
>>23273225
Yeah I'm going to check that out, me and my buddy have been stuck on this noise punk project we've been working on till we both get better equipment (poorfags) but I've been mainly watching a lot of vids on the Earthquaker line and Nick Reinhart of Tera Melos, since I really want to get the weird noise going.

I've been meaning to check out Merzbows set up, gonna go do that shit now.

>>23273247
Saved, will direct her if she comes in.
>>
>>23273252
Look for a 4ms Noise Swash. Trust me.
>>
>>23272916
I studied geology. You can do a lot of shit right out of college with my degree, but I'm not interested in any of that type of work at all. I almost moved to Oklahoma last year to work in an oilfield but the pay wasn't good enough so I turned it down. I'm trying to go back to school to get my PhD so I can become a legit research scientist and mebbeh become a professor one day. Thatz de draem (not getting my hopes up though..I got rejected from every school I applied to last year but I'm trying one more time). If I fail again, I'm just gonna try and be a ranger in some big ass state park.

>New Zealand
I got to see these two bands play a bunch in the city I lived in. They were really fun to see live and they were entertaining as fuck. They're both super different from each other but here ya go
https://leftorright.bandcamp.com/
https://madeinchina.bandcamp.com/

>instruments
lel, used to play clarinet and bass clarinet. I loved it but it's been a while since I've picked up either instrument. I'm not the type of person to just improvise and play freely. I need actual music in front of me, and I prefer classical music wwwaayyyyy over jazz. I used to have a very strong hatred for jazz but I'm finally understanding it now. Still super picky about it, kek. (I keep reading this as "jizz" lel)
>>
>>23273230
On what album is in the summer? Can't find it in Spotify :(
>>23273247
PLZ post your novel Koranon, I wanted to go to bed half an hour ago and the only thing keeping me awake is waiting for it!
>>
>>23273348
It's on the Star of Love album.

>>23273255
>chic-chickety-checked dubs
after I get through Cathedral I'm going to check it out.
>>
File: purdy.jpg (432 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
purdy.jpg
432 KB, 1536x2048
I got a dress today. Also listening to some oldies music. In the middle of the Game of Thrones series.

How are you guys doing this fine Thursday
>>
>>23272871
Yoo, thanks man. I'm diggin it

>>23273230
woah, I had no clue that she had sets out there. This is up mi alley as well
>>
File: Khajiit approves.jpg (25 KB, 552x594) Image search: [Google]
Khajiit approves.jpg
25 KB, 552x594
>>23273393
I'm not a huge fan of her solo tracks but her DJ sets are fucking tight.
>mc ride is bae
>>
>>23273424
u liek sum electronic muzik 2, JP anon?
>>
>>23273456
Was my first love.
>>
>>23273458
tell me more. what groupz got u into it? am curious, mebbeh we have de saem taste
>>
File: WIN_20160204_192451.jpg (118 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160204_192451.jpg
118 KB, 1280x720
hey gaiz back again for the last time tonight (if I can discipline myself)

So I have to read 13 chapters of pic related and write a 2pg essay for tomorrow morning. I got the audiobook for free with the audible free trial shit and I added up the time it'll take to listen to it on 1.5x speed which is 3.7 hours. If I just straight up read then it would take at least 4.6 hours so I'm fucking glad. Then the paper will take like an hour, but maybe more because I'm a fucking perfectionist goddamn. Might see y'all around real nig hourz or tomorrow. Pray to our Lord and Savior, Joe Pesci for me plz frandz.

>>23273339
ah hello will respond l8er sorry explained above

>>23273348
le pic rel8ed, explained above
>>
>>23273472
no worries taek ur tiem. will pray 2 mi reptilian overlord 4 u. stay focuzed
>>
>>23273466
Pretty sure we have the same taste.

shit like, Kraftwerk, Lady Tron, Crystle Castles, SabrePulse

was also a yung lad, so some lame shit in there, like Trance bands I used to listen to whose names escape me.
>>
>>23273472
Christ, Godspeed anon.
never forget, asianon 2/4/16 goodnight sweet prince.
>>
>>23273486
heh, my father used to play Kraftwerk all the time when I was growing up and I hated it as a 10 year old but then I realized the error in my ways. He would always also play Jean Michel Jarre (cool french guy from the 70s) and now I really like him theze days as well. I believe it is safe 2 say we like the same shi
>>
>>23273514
>asking for sludge recommendations

Yeah I would say we like the same shit. I've been on this No Trend kick too. If you haven't heard of them then here ya go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4mkLZOhnIk
>>
File: 2016-02-04 20.14.33.jpg (294 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-04 20.14.33.jpg
294 KB, 600x800
>Music Disscusion
Currently listening to some Childish Gambino. Tbh it's most of what I listen to
>What are you doing?
Laying in bed in immense pain from Biliary Colic. High off painkillers. Also cuddling my pupper.
Nah.
>Video Games(?)
Big fan of pokemon, and just about anything nintendo.
Ready Player One. It's really good.
>Films etc.
The Marvel movieverse is huge for me, but I'll watch anything mostly
>>
>>23273527
Oh, I just saw you in a crush thread
Favorite Pokemon?
>>
File: WIN_20160204_201637.jpg (159 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160204_201637.jpg
159 KB, 1280x720
>Music Disscusion
Death Cab pandora station is my go to. Eh.
>What are you doing?
Quietly moping about life and watching Futurama
No, but I'm broke enough to be.
>Video Games(?)
Not really anymore. Except katamari, I always make time for katamari.
I mostly only read animal physiology books for work nowadays but was considering starting the Bell Jar since it seems like it would fit nicely with my level of existential whininess.
>Films etc.
I've watched Its Such a Beautiful Day three times this week.

I dont think I was this whiny last time. :x
>>
>>23273538
Don Hertzfelt put his new movie on Netflix some time ago. It's called World of Tomorrow, have you seen it?
>>
>>23273535
Crush thread?!?! Can it be true?!

Also if I had to pick a favorite, I'd go with good old Gallade. Gardevoir is a close second, and Bisharp is third.

And good old fashioned bidoof of course.
>>
>>23273546
I saw it on the suggested for me part but I didnt know it was him!!! Definitely going to watch asap. Possibly tonight.
>>
>>23273552
see >>23273261
My favorite is Torchic, without a doubt. My fav region is Hoenn, so all my favorites are there
>>23273558
It's short, but good. You should watch it
What is your favorite animation from him?
>>
>>23273538
EROTIC

EROTIC

EROTIC

EROTIC
>>
>>23273538
>I've watched Its Such a Beautiful Day three times this week
>Soul crushing existential dread.
Yeah it's starting to make sense now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsG1_3OTzyY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dZHYex0Ix0

here you go anon. should pour a little more on top of all that sad.

>>23273552
Yeah I can confirm the crush thread thing, gg.
What the fuck is Ready Player One, one of those indie dev games? I've got to expand on my indie shit.
>>
>>23273564
its real velour
>>
>>23273566
thanks brah. really, im always down for some more whiny music.
>>23273561
Ive only seen its such a beautiful day, but as I understand it it's three short films combined.
>>
File: WIN_20160204_202924.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160204_202924.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
>>23272564
OP I'M READING THE SAME BOOK
>>
>>23273580
I like his old shorts, they're really funny. You should watch Rejected, or the shorts he did for the Animation Show. You should also check out The Meaning of Life, I think you'd like that one.
>>
>>23273525
nice. danke. I shall return. tiem 2 drive 12 miles to get decent beer
>>
>>23273592
niceeee
It's because this book is a masterpiece.
Good luck with the rest of the series, shit gets so convoluted.
>Because Time Nexus hurrr

How far into it are you.
>>
>>23273592
I have this on my kindle, can I be in the club too?
>>23273594
I will, Im just sitting in my house, only person still awake, access to booze to loosen the inevitable, cathartic tears, and Ive got nothing to do tomorrow so I might as well. Now I just gotta find it.
>>
>>23273566
Nahh, ready player one is a book about a somewhat dystopian future where most of life's day to day takes place in a giant VR MMO that has effectively replaced the internet.
>>
File: WIN_20160204_203917.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160204_203917.jpg
100 KB, 1280x720
>>23273622
Yeah man you can be in the club

>>23273607
The part where Paul and Gurney reunite <33
>>
>>23273632
Yeah that sounds like a book I can get into. Can't seem to enjoy too much outside of sci/fi.
>>
>>23273645
Not true. Great book so far, a philosophical science fiction masterpiece imo (but i havent finished yet so)
>>
>>23273645
>shitty mashing
>cliches
>tropes
>shitty

delete this.
>>
File: ago00xmg3ka0tkxrqzjn.jpg (162 KB, 800x1600) Image search: [Google]
ago00xmg3ka0tkxrqzjn.jpg
162 KB, 800x1600
>>23273566
>>23273647
>>23273632
It's a solid read, and the main character is somewhat relatable if you grew up playing classic vidya like joust and shit
>>
>>23273654
Haha yeah, I figured it was all lies. I'm gonna have to pick it up.
>>
>>23273646
>>23273664

That book has so many great lines that stand out. Although I will admit that it is pretty easy to determine what comes next in the book, the way Frank writes it the setting feels as though it's an actual lived in Universe, never leaving out even the slightest detail. Will always re read this book.
>>
>>23273674
I've reread Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? like 4 times now, John Isidore is my fucking child I need to protect him I love him so much.

After Dune I'm gonna read A Clockwork Orange. I only read scifi, I'm trash.
>>
File: webcam-toy-photo38.jpg (59 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
webcam-toy-photo38.jpg
59 KB, 800x600
>>23273683
We're both trash then if that's what i takes.
I read a shitload of shitty nameless Warhammer 40k books but I've yet to pick up Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep. Although pic related is my favorite author. This guy is the god father of sci/fi horror, we lead, lemme tell ya.
>>
File: webcam-toy-photo99.jpg (50 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
webcam-toy-photo99.jpg
50 KB, 800x600
This is it boys

last one left

it's all down hill from here

keep me in your thoughts
>>
>>23273683
Scifi is the only fiction genre I read.
>>
>>23273693
>>23273698
You anons read Brave New World yet?
>>
File: 2016-02-04 21.04.30.png (1 MB, 947x1278) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-04 21.04.30.png
1 MB, 947x1278
>>23272564
>>23272613 what do you think so far?
>>23272728
>>23272769 what else do you like?
>>23272850
>>23272852
I haven't read any of this

>>23273376
Cool socks
>>23273564
I find that the most erotic part of a woman is the boobies
>>
File: 1453924399175.jpg (25 KB, 460x450) Image search: [Google]
1453924399175.jpg
25 KB, 460x450
>>23273696
>>
>>23273696
can i mail u some
>>
>>23273693
Lovecraft didn't write that.
>>
File: 1454323386582.jpg (57 KB, 421x421) Image search: [Google]
1454323386582.jpg
57 KB, 421x421
>>23273724
>Lovecraft didn't write that
>Is a collection of his short stories
>his
>>
>>23273711
I read a few chapters for my scifi lit class a few years ago but I dont remember being a fan.
>>
>>23273696
I roll my own, senpai. I'll send you some bruh
>>
>>23273711
Not that I recall. Sort of avoid those dystopian books they assign you in school.
>>
>>23273735
absolutely worth the read. the ending is... chilling
>>
File: webcam-toy-photo101.jpg (54 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
webcam-toy-photo101.jpg
54 KB, 800x600
>>23273718
>>23273721
>>23273739

It's cool guys, Norways got my back.
>>
>>23273734
I see 'necronomicon' in the pic, which has a wide variety of release, all basically unrelated. If there's a collection with the name, I'm unfamiliar.
>>
>>23273711
Nah was never a liberal arts major so I never had to read it, but I've always wanted.

Another check on the list of books I need to get around to ;__;

>>23273750
Yeah this isn't the Necronomicon Spell book, it's just a collection of like 80% of all his works. Leather bound. shits based. Just labeled Necronomicon.

Cool little pictures too.
>>
File: me.jpg (54 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
54 KB, 800x600
>Music Discussion
I love listening to and making all kinds of music desu senpai.

>What are you doing?
Listening to music and being on /soc/

>Why are you a fucking NEET weirdo?
I'm not.

>Video Games
Mostly open world/sandbox ones, like Elder Scrolls, Fallout, GTA, Minecraft. Also some strategy games like Total Wars, been playing the fuck out of Settlers 6 with my pals lately as well.

Don't read desu senpai.

>Films
Pretty much everything with a straightforward storyline that's not too weird and abstract and artsy.
>>
>>23273743
Same. I hate the subtle feeling of brainwashing or conditioning I feel whenever I read a school assigned book.
>>
>>23273765
What kind of music do you make f a m
>>
>>23273775
Pretty much love to make everything man.
Here:
https://soundcloud.com/anthony-anadiotis
>>
File: images(2).jpg (14 KB, 186x270) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
14 KB, 186x270
>>23273757
I'm used to this kind.
Cthulu mythos-based worthless garbage.
>>
>>23273781
This is actually pretty impressive. I'm not a huge fan of this type of music but I can give credit where it's due. Respect. What software do you use to create the beats. You have a micro korg or something along those lines.

Bretty gud, familia, nice drops.
>>
>>23273795
Hey, thanks a ton man. It's not all about drops tho, I have some funk and even orchestral stuff on there. Anyway, I use ableton and all in-the-box stuff, no hardware.
>>
>>23273782
Yeah throw that in the trash.
Only other author who comes close it Neil Gaiman, but he's over hyped trash,
>>
>>23273801
Yeah I listened to some of the orchestra stuff, still impressive man. Good job.
>>
>>23273814
Thanks, really appreciate it maeng.
>>
>>23273748
hater de nye snusboksene desu, og vær så snill å ta den barten asap
>>
>>23273809
American Gods was great. Otherwise seems to exclusively write for children.
>>
File: 1453236858602.png (48 KB, 183x182) Image search: [Google]
1453236858602.png
48 KB, 183x182
>>23273818
>>
File: 1454639189021538893729.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
1454639189021538893729.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
I just got back From a Hot Shots 2 screening at an antifascist skinhead joint.
>>
>>23273831
The good kind of hippie punk skinheads?
I use the term good loosely
>>
>>23273757
pls read it's so good

>>23273765
>I don't read
stop. stop this right now. no. absolutely not okay.
>>
>>23273861
I'm sorry, but music takes up like 75% of my time, then it's 20% video games and 5% movies/shows. No time for books, also too static for me D:
I used to read a lot when I was a kid. Now I only read music production or music related .pdfs if that counts. Or university books kek. My friend is trying to get me into Lovecraft tho.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 640x480
Speaking of Lovecraft
Anons help, im addicted to this game.
>>
>>23273892
you look like my favorite pro leagie of legends player it's kind of fucking me up
>>
File: 1453585202039.png (588 KB, 1000x714) Image search: [Google]
1453585202039.png
588 KB, 1000x714
>>23273892
No, help isn't coming.

I want to play that game so bad but Sony doesn't want PC fags to actually have fun.

I'm still playing Dark Souls 2. Being a bro with summons.

I'm jealous anon, real jealous.
>>
>>23273826
blir du nervos nå eller, pelle? ;)
>>
File: 1454474610381.jpg (216 KB, 680x576) Image search: [Google]
1454474610381.jpg
216 KB, 680x576
>>23273921
I-I don't actually speak Norwegian, I.....I just like Norway.
>>
>>23273892
anon this is really messing me up can i see your face this is too much for me
>>
>>23273896
Well that's a first.
>>23273903
I'm sorry, anon. But on the bright side, Dark Souls 3 is right around the corner. I don't know if my body is ready yet.
>>
File: 1454363938757.png (488 KB, 800x1020) Image search: [Google]
1454363938757.png
488 KB, 800x1020
>>23273933
I don't know if I'm ready for the series to end ;__;

The anticipation..
>>
First time reading Terry Pratchett. Really like it a lot so far.

Any Philip K. Dick fans on here?
>>
File: big dick player.jpg (154 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
big dick player.jpg
154 KB, 1080x810
i'm watching iron blooded orphans .
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 640x480
>>23273929
Ok I guess
>>23273938
Aw shit that's right, completely forgot about that.
Fug
>>
File: that haiR.jpg (143 KB, 700x315) Image search: [Google]
that haiR.jpg
143 KB, 700x315
>>23273967
Hey buddy you just met the biggest Philip K. Dick fan to exist

>>23273892
ANON IS THIS YOU PLS
>>
>>23273967
Never heard of this one but yeah there are a few Dick fans itt
>heh

>>23273970
No clue, elaborate

>>23273975
>>23273978
kek-kekitty-kekerino

I do kinda see the resemblance.
>>
>>23273982
it's the new gundam series.
i'm watching it because it's the new gundam series
>>
File: WP_20160131_11_57_34_Pro_LI.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160131_11_57_34_Pro_LI.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>>23272564
>What are you doing?
studying Russian language

anybody here russian and want to chat with a retard?

pic related

>my attitude comes from me being a long time /b/tard.
>call me ugly plz it kind of turns me on
>/b/ turned me into a fucking weirdo
>>
File: 1454183514909.jpg (113 KB, 520x638) Image search: [Google]
1454183514909.jpg
113 KB, 520x638
>>23273988
>New Gundam Series
yoo, what when did this come out. How is it compared to the original?
>>
>>23274000
>my attitude comes from me being a long time /b/tard.
>call me ugly plz it kind of turns me on
>/b/ turned me into a fucking weirdo

it's cool
>>
>>23274002
last year. it's still airing.

it's an enjoyable watch .
>>
>>23273978
I somehow missed Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep being mentioned. Haven't read that one though. Only Ubik and A Scanner Darkly, but damn were they good.

>>23274000
Are you planning on traveling to Russia someday? I've been wanted to go to Saint Petersburg for a while now.
>>
>>23274033
im going back this summer. i dont want to see moscow or saint petersburg. im thinking of kazan or yoshkar-ola.
>>
>>23274033
A Scanner Darkly fucks me up so bad

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? is honestly my favorite book of all time. I can't even describe it. I'm so attached to all the characters. It's too much.
>>
>>23274046
Geez i really need picked these books up. My one friend is a huge fan and he's always recommended it. These are going to be my next read for sure.
>>
File: 1454436075740.webm (1 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1454436075740.webm
1 MB, 720x404
>>23274000
>checking these trips

its a force of habbit.
>>
>>23273845
Yes, they were quite chill. I even got to play some MKII in an emulator!
>>
File: now i belieb in goad.png (21 KB, 739x448) Image search: [Google]
now i belieb in goad.png
21 KB, 739x448
gookanon/koreanon/asianon reporting

HOLY FUCKING SHIT YOU GUYS

It's beautiful. ;-;

I was halfway through the assigned reading and had 2 hours to go. Then the school texted everyone because we're getting MUH 4-6INCHES EVERYONE LOCK YO DOORS HIDE YO HUSBANDS THE SNOW GON RAPE US ALL.

Fingahs crossed for canceled work tomorrow too. Then I can play saxophone all day. Feelsgoodman.

How bad are y'allses snow storms gonna be, New England anons?
>>
>>23274046
I think I'll go with Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep for my next book then. What are your thoughts on Blade Runner? I know it's supposed to be based on the book.
>>
>>23274094
>snow in the deep south
kek
>>
>>23274094
heuheuheuheuheu

I had no idea there was any type of snow storm coming in.

shit like this almost makes come close to believing in a kind and merciful god.
>almost
>>
>>23274046
One of my favourite books. The movie's excellent in its own right.
>>
>>23272751
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iQ59wf-J98

Finally gave these guys a listen, if you're still in here.

Check em'
>>
File: 2016-02-05 15.07.58.jpg (1013 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-05 15.07.58.jpg
1013 KB, 1080x1920
Chilling at work n' shit. Don't wanna go back outside :(
>>
>>23272991
>drumbing
ah yeah I guess so
Oh yeah the guy who actually did the drums, Peter Erskine, he's fecking amazeballs. And such a chill, based dude too lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1YKQ904iDI
>GET TURNT
lol damn R.I.P. GERMANON'S JEANS. Idk man, I still have mixed feelings. I figure the alcoholism sets in after your 20s, if it does. My ex gf still drinks herself to sleep some nights after she cuts herself. My cousin locks himself in his room and drinks entire bottles of wine sometimes. And he's gone through the entire fraternity initiation and constant partying, which he still does sometimes. He's actually taking a year off of school right now solely because the partying was getting really bad and he always drinks at parties. I'm not saying that you're gonna be an alcoholic, or that most people are. I'm just saying that I don't like the risk, especially when it comes to my brother, who goes through depressive periods like me. Personally, I think I'd become dependent on alcohol and drink alone most nights, so I avoid it.
>industrial/noise
I think you're right about atonal music being established long before today, such as Twelve Tone music during the 19th century. But it seems Death Grips is "revolutionary" because its context is hip-hop, which started in the 70s-80s.

>>23273485
>>23273491
haha you guys are supportive as fuck <3

>>23274097
>:(

>>23274115
w8 y u happy 4 snow 2? :0
>>
>>23274254
Bummer dude, what do you do?
>>
>>23274295
Well it never snows here lol
>>
>>23274295
Oh don't get me wrong, I fucking hate snow, but I'm rooting for your cancellation familia

Solidarity
>>
>>23274241
aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww SHIT. I came back 2 the thread at a good time. just came back from mi adventure 4 beer
>>
File: ANYTHINGISPOZZIBLE.jpg (277 KB, 612x458) Image search: [Google]
ANYTHINGISPOZZIBLE.jpg
277 KB, 612x458
>>23274295
we will alwayz support u
>>
>>23274347
I liek dis pic of PSY. :)
>>
>Music Discussion
I'm listening to a random space ambient album on YouTube. It's pretty calming.
>What are you doing?
Just laying in bed browsing whatever shit on my phone. I've been on r9k lately out of curiosity but that board is toxic as shit.
>Why are you a NEET?
University wasn't what I thought it would be and I've been putting off finding a job.
>Vidya
I've mostly been playing mp gta5 on the ps3. I started Baldurs Gate a few weeks ago but lost interest a couple hours in.
>Books
I'm reading No More Mr Nice Guy because I need to get my shit together
>Films
Eh nothing.

Truthfully I'm in my 20s but I realized I never got past the social failures of my adolescence. I feel like a total misfit whatever group I get into and if it weren't for my family I wouldn't have anyone but 4chan. I tell myself I'm fine having no girlfriend but the lack of sexual validation really gets to me sometimes. I feel broken and unlovable.
>>
>>23274298
Sales

Just a part time thing to gib monies whilst I study
>>
File: saythat2myface.jpg (10 KB, 141x140) Image search: [Google]
saythat2myface.jpg
10 KB, 141x140
>>23274358
>>
>>23274363
>r9k
>toxic as shit
yeah we all find out sooner or later.

Would recommend finishing Baldurs Gate, it's sum gud shit.

I feel you on the bottom text but validation has its place temporarily, nothing leading to happiness in my experience. We love you here anon.

>>23274369
>Sales
>:(
Кaпитaлиcты пить кpoвь людeй и я пить кpoвь кaпитaлиcтoв . Cпpaвeдливocть быть cдeлaнo
>>
>>23273339
>geology
ooooh I learned a little about that last semester. What drew you to le rocks?
>oilfield
I immediately thought of this lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_hFTR6qyEo
>Profesora Anon, PhD
that's awesome. I wanna go into teaching the humanities one day, but only after I do a bunch of shit first. I hear teaching takes up your whole life.
>Anon Anonymous, Skate Park Ranger
oh shit I didn't even know skate parks had rangers, cool cool
>Left Or Right
cool, they remind me of a more chill version of RX Bandits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X1ysxiXdCs
>Made In China
I woulda loved this stuff during my grunge phase haha. Solid.
>clarinet, the basedest instrument
bass clarinet is clearly superior because of the beginning of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S3sfaxat1k
and of course Eric Dolphy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cimpUKVAbY8
>jazz sucks
I used to hate jazz in high school despite playing it. Of course, at that point I didn't even /into/ jazz. My teacher was an asshole though. What really irked me though was playing for country clubs. I started piecing things together and viewed jazz as music for pretentious rich white cukcs and I quit for 3 years. But then last year I heard Ornette Coleman's track Lonely Woman for the first time and I was like GODDAMN and I've been falling in love with jazz since. Although, right before that I was huge into hardcore punk which led to the No Wave movement and then Free Jazz, which led to Ornette, which led to Coltrane, which led to Wayne Shorter and now I'm playing in a jazz band again. Although I still consider myself a n00b. I think improvising is extremely difficult. It seems people either grow up being a good-soloist/bad-reader or the opposite. Reading's also my strong suit. Still, even my friend who's been playing guitar since he was like 5 still finds jazz improv to be really difficult, because of all the theory. It seems it takes years to become competent, but so worth it.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 199x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 199x194
>>23274311
>>23274347
don't make me cry anon-san ;-;

>>23274347
kim jong has a massive choad lolol
>>
File: 1454557829890.jpg (98 KB, 604x543) Image search: [Google]
1454557829890.jpg
98 KB, 604x543
>>23274388

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>23274385
cyka blyat yobani suka
>>
File: 1453956781000.png (63 KB, 1186x810) Image search: [Google]
1453956781000.png
63 KB, 1186x810
>>23274419
>>
File: FB_IMG_1449739527478.jpg (100 KB, 640x1439) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1449739527478.jpg
100 KB, 640x1439
>>23274425
>>
File: eh.jpg (101 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
eh.jpg
101 KB, 1280x720
HI OP

>>23272992
omg hahaha, this tripped me out so much. i thought i had posted and completely forgotten about it, since i do that sometimes

but hi, here i am!
>>23272901
you find an audio for the book at all? how many pages are in each chapter? this is reminding me so much about my race to finish my novels and always finishing the books the last two days (or attempting to). i usually end up saying screw it at the end and end up skimming the last chapters, reading analysis papers other people have written, and then being super pretentious in my written paper to fool my professors into thinking i had actually read it all. ended up with an A every time, lol

and congrats on starting your job! have you worked retail before? it's definitely great when you can have those moments where you know you genuinely helped someone out.

and oh boy, i have an old neighbor that always whips out his guitar and speakers at around 4 every wednesday night (when his wife's gone) and sings rock n roll songs (terribly). he's been doing it for years and he still doesn't realize people from five houses down can hear him playing, lmao. it makes my day most of the time. he loves him some ac/dc

>>23272878
>psychonauts and etrian mystery dungeon
ugh, psychonauts is so good. i love the etrian series too, although i haven't played mystery dungeon yet

have you played the other games? is this one any different?

>>23273527
>big fan of nintendo

what have you thought about nintendo since iwata's death? also, if you play the games, what're your thoughts on new fire emblem being censored?

>>23273538
if you're broke become a NEET, they get a lot of assistance from the government apparently, haha. also katamari is such a good game, i completely forgot about it for a bit

>>23273892
thought this was the witcher for some reason and got excited. i still need to finish bloodborne badly
>>
File: 1451132051751.jpg (133 KB, 441x1600) Image search: [Google]
1451132051751.jpg
133 KB, 441x1600
>>23274402
pic not related but REAL AF *cryieing 4evr*

I'm not a big fan of jazz fusion though. It seems like the subgenre most guilty of wankery imo. Free jazz kinda comes close, but at least a lot of it is angry as fcucks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdqyuzijbWI

The earlier forms of jazz seem more based. Although, I kinda agree that jazz has a lot of wankery, and maybe is even based on wankery. I was thinking about it yesterday. It seems jazz helped a lot of dindus build a tight community based on creating and expressing, which seemed like a good way to deal with Billy Bob & The Klansmen. Now you go to a local jazz club and see high schoolers take the stage and just fucking kill it. My cousin is one of those people. 16 and almost a prodigy at both piano and sax, all because of his school's jazz program. And he's a kid of a single mother too, so I mean he had to let out his angst somehow.

It seems like the jazz world helps kids grow. I feel like it's helping me become less depressed. Even if it is wankery, maybe the ultimate purpose of jazz is to help people deal with life's shit via creativity.
>>
>>23273970
>>23273970
i need to pick this up, i keep seeing it posted everywhere. also seems like everyone's obsessed with one of the small blonde haired characters hooking up with a buffer dude, think their names are yamagi and norba? wasn't sure if it was just typical fangirl stuff or not, but it's been burned into my mind and i'm curious
>>
File: 1453436346605.jpg (47 KB, 345x383) Image search: [Google]
1453436346605.jpg
47 KB, 345x383
>>23274454
Dude that fucking picture ;__;

I'm real pleb tier when it comes to jazz so p-pls no bully.
Only really listened to Miles Davis, John Coltrane because of /mu/
I'm pathetic I know.
Listened to a lot of Buddy Rich's stuff but I don't think I've ever actually listened to Jazz fusion. Will watch link tho son.
Other than some improv jazz from nameless acts that I've seen or listened to, I'm straight pleeb tier mane.

Yeah I really do dig jazz as being this respected medium of expression. I need to expand. You're cousin sounds like a pretty based fella.

>>23274438
HI ANON

sorry pharmanon never showed up. :c
>>
File: fearlessleader.jpg (36 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
fearlessleader.jpg
36 KB, 620x350
>>23274388
>le rocks
always liked 'em. it's cool to be able to point shit out when you're outside and be able to tell how it formed. my true calling is in climate change research. I can look at old ass pollen that gets preserved in de rocks and de sediment of a certain area and see what kinds of plants used to grow there a long-ass time ago. certain plants are good indicators of what the environment used to be like back when it was warmer. now that this shit is definitely gonna happen to us, we need moooaarr research done on that shit.

>profesora
definitely does take up a lot of time. imma hold off till I actually teach, but I think it would be cool. I used to abhor the idea of working with kids and teaching, but I kinda warmed up to it over the years. I'm gonna make the little shits LOVE earth science

>rx bandits
woah..there's a strong resemblance there. I dig that band though. might check out moar of their stuff. also yeeaaa Made In China was mah shit over there. I was all about that kind of music (still am, but I've expanded my muzik palate since then)

>shaolin afronauts
yo. that was fucking crazy. but really funky. I wouldve absolutely hated that video if I was still in high school but I was smiling the whole time I listened to it just now. I used to think all jazz sounded the same when I was younger (kinda like how you think all beer tastes the same) but I was so wrong. I have much 2 learn. It also makes me want to dance most of the time but I have no clue how to dance to jazz or how to dance in general. I enjoy it though
>>
File: golden.jpg (36 KB, 400x268) Image search: [Google]
golden.jpg
36 KB, 400x268
>>23274402
kek. that is I as well
>>
>>23272564
>mfw I have a crush on op
>Mfw he noticed me last thread
>mfw I couldn't answer back to his questions last thread bc social anxiety got in the way
>Mfw social anxiety fucks me up even over the internet
why do I do this. Kill me senpai
>>
>>23274438
Anon!! How was your exam? (I think you had one, hope I'm not tripping)
>>
>>23274438
PHARMANON
lol didn't mean to confuse you
how was EMT-ing?
>die books die
yep did the free trial thing on audible, dialed it up to 1.5x speed, only shaved off like one hour though. :l but then 2 hours through, str8 reading like a madman, I get a text from my school saying it's closed tomorrow for snow and now I REJOICE
>super pretentious papers = A
HOW THE FUCK. TEACH ME HOW. naw I couldn't. I get too anxious already about being called out for my bullshit so I try to avoid writing bullshit at all. Although now that I think about it, I guess I did get As all through middle school and until 11th grade for pretentious papers, until my 12th grade teacher became my role model. Although I ended up failing his class even though he liked me a lot. I loved his class more than anything because he made us connect everything we wrote to our own stories, and in my case, that was being raised by Kim Jong Il. We wrote papers on Chinua Achebe - Things Fall Apart and goddamn it was cathartic. But then next semester he broke out David Copperfield and I remember the first day I tried to bullshit so vividly. I sat at my desk, looking at this sheet of essay questions. I had only read maybe 10% of the assigned reading and ended up trying as hard as I could to muster up the most believable bullshit my brain could possibly allow in that moment, but then I referred to the author as Twain. GOD. My teacher's favorite author was Twain. He has a painting of Twain in his storage room. I wrote fucking Twain. When I got the test back, I cringed so damn hard. A few days later, I dropped the class. I couldn't take it. I embarrassed myself so hard in front of the teacher I admired most, almost like the father I never had. Now I'm getting fucking cringeworthy. Anyway...NEVER AGAIN.

>congrats for Gudwhile jubb
sincere tehanks :3 It's my 3rd job in retail. First was at another thrift store, Savers. Second was at a hole-in-the-wall drum shop. This one's pretty alright so far.
>>
>>23274498

pls no worries anon, I hope you post more so I can talk to ya. <3
>>
File: 1334565.jpg (9 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1334565.jpg
9 KB, 184x184
>>23274385
Здpaвcтвyйтe!

ты Paccий?

Я aмepикaнcкй.

кaк дeлa? eтo хopoшo?
>>
File: 1454644239452.gif (494 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1454644239452.gif
494 KB, 200x200
>>23274438
>>23274521

This is some confusing shit right here. Who is who??
>>
>>23274543
p-pls anon

I only spek english. I'm one of the more uncultured fucks to exist.
>>
>>23274551
:(

why cant there be any russians here >.>
>>
File: 1453348126690.gif (699 KB, 248x193) Image search: [Google]
1453348126690.gif
699 KB, 248x193
>>23274547
mfw I never actually talked to pharmanon but I thought I did
>>
File: 1454117095563.jpg (8 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
1454117095563.jpg
8 KB, 231x218
>>23274641
>4chan
>>
File: brat.jpg (417 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
brat.jpg
417 KB, 1080x1920
>>23274388
oh also here is mi dog and I from earlier. he's being a brat here; do not fall for his sad tactics
>>
Look what I found in my room.

If there is a god, then he is a cruel and sardonic one.
what did I do to deserve this.

>is it worth it
>>
File: 2016-02-05 01.13.15.jpg (335 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-05 01.13.15.jpg
335 KB, 600x800
Disappeared for a bit. Who else is still around?
>>
File: webcam-toy-photo103.jpg (51 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
webcam-toy-photo103.jpg
51 KB, 800x600
>>23274702
fug

the picture

>>23274706
we here f a m
what kind of painkillers you prescribed.

was a pretty gud time when I was on them for the leg.
>>
>>23274707
Got percs, senpai. I'm two in and might drop another within the hour.
Playing sm4sh and trying the new characters out.
>>
>>23274715
Only briefly played sm4sh, I just stick to the gold age of Melee. My friend plays in these local tournaments so I'm tryna get that tech up son.

>based sheik player
>>
>>23274730
>based shiek player
My nigga.

Nah but they just added Bayonetta and some fire emblem trash, so I'm bretty hybe about bayo.

Im only upset that i cant eat anything evn remotely tasty until I get my surgery
>>
Back from work. I just hit my shin on the bed frame in the SAME PLACE as a bruise. Fucking kills man.
>>
File: los bongos sacred.png (290 KB, 415x312) Image search: [Google]
los bongos sacred.png
290 KB, 415x312
>>23274676
your doggo looks savage
but I keep seeing that bongo looking thing on your bookshelf
WAT IS THAT

>>23274485
oooh pollen dating 0:
>climate change
SAVE US FROM THE APOCALYPSE ANON D:
>teaching lil shits
The idea of teaching high schoolers still scares me, but I figure by the time I start teaching, I'll be able to handle the edgelords. Unless in like 20-30 years from now, we evolve into vulcans and mini spocks run around debating things I thought I knew about. brb retreating to fallout shelter forever
>dancing to jazz
I think swing dancing is the most traditional form of jazz dancing, but as far as funk goes, I know there's locking, but bboying/breakdancing is the GOAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYrNKPUCSSE
I genuinely believe that bboying is the closest form of dancing to jazz there is. Not a lot of people know that bboying has theory similar to jazz, and relies mostly on improv, which people practice for a shit load of hours at a time. It's split up into toprock, downrock (footwork), power moves and freezes. But this guy Zeshen is like revolutionary with his style and kids have been biting his style recently, including my brother and I. lol we don't dance much anymore though. My cousin sometimes tests his lessons on us to practice for teaching his hip-hop classes in NY. Dance culture is awesome. Although I wish there were more eclectic dancers out there like this girl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zToOYDxNUmk
Hiatus Kaiyote is amazing jazz fusion. Ugh I could go on for days about them. I'd have seen them recently in Boston if I wasn't broke. T-T

Did you ever get into dance?
>>
>>23274783
Sorry to hear, family. Literally happens to me once a month, on the same shit.
>>
>>23274676
Family, is that DONKEY KONGA BONGO BONGO

My dog be's a loser all the time. He won't cuddle with his sick daddy so I'm disowning him for the night.
>>
>>23274797
You think you've subconsciously figured out the distance between your shin and the bed frame but you never do. The first incident was with a cricket bat as well.
>>
>>23274547
i'm very confused too, thought they were just talking strange. i'm biochem forensics anon that someone called out, not pharmanon ;-;
>>
File: 1453971585807.jpg (262 KB, 1284x980) Image search: [Google]
1453971585807.jpg
262 KB, 1284x980
>>23274815
my fucking brain, can't keep up.
>>
File: ye.jpg (51 KB, 768x820) Image search: [Google]
ye.jpg
51 KB, 768x820
>>23274815
aghghghgh 10,000,000 apologies have been sent immediately to your homeland as reparation. Pls don't h8 me. Please take this garlic doggo as a symbol of peace between our nations and all anons everywhere for all eternity. .-.
>>
>>23274815
I'm genetics anon
>>
>>23274834
ah okay i got it, it was the two different IDs with the same pic that was fuckin me up.
>>
>>23274808
lel, THAT IS CORRECT (and I have never used them). You on Percs, son? I got only one wisdom tooth pulled out a few years ago and for some reason, I was prescribed 46 percocets kek. I took half and sold the rest. Some strong shit right thurr. My dog is a little shit and never cuddles me. He just uses me for long walks and nice car rides....dick.
>>
>>23274843
Kek neither of those was me I just made up a name for myself

I'm >>23274254 w/ diff ID because I just got home from work
>>
File: 1453871894619.jpg (21 KB, 659x705) Image search: [Google]
1453871894619.jpg
21 KB, 659x705
>>23274855
>>
File: FB_IMG_1453364133173.jpg (62 KB, 1162x720) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1453364133173.jpg
62 KB, 1162x720
>>23274861
>>
>>23274852
How do you not BONGO BONGO all the time? I always wanted a set of bingo bango bongo donkey kongos.
And yeah these percs aren't hitting me too hard. I'm getting a nice buzz, but I still feel pain so I'm popping another. I thought painkillers were supposed to kill pain?
>>
>>23274796
>bongo
it's some donkey konga bongo (no idea what that is or why it's on that shelf). I know as much about it as you do, kek (but it seems to be popular around these parts)

>save us
I WISH. I don't have any faith that humans will be able to fix anything, but we can at least prepare for the shit that is in store for us

>fallout shelter
can I join you pls. I am 10 years behind on all videogames and just started playing New Vegas last week, lel. Also I'm excited to teach these little shits. I had a very unfortunate last name growing up and I was tormented relentlessly by mi peers. Didn't start making actual friends until 8th grade, and I have an extremely thick skin because of all dat. It's a blezzing and a curse. There are peepz that think I'm incredibly insensitive and dislike me but others think I have a great sense of humor and seem 2 accept me.

>dem links
woah. shit like this makes me wish I could take up dancing 4 real. I really love dancing (dem hispanic genes) but I'm pretty goofy and casual about it. I love watching it though and can appreciate people who are actually trained in it
>>
>>23274894
How are you liking New vegas? It's my favorite in the series desu.
>>
>>23274874
lel, for some reason the bongos are here but the actual game is nowhere to be found. HELP. be careful with popping 2 many. it might make you nauseous, friend. painkillers are weird yo; I don't even know if they kill pain..I feel like they just distract you by making you feel fucked up. I had a really shitty phase with them when I was 19/20ish and would snort them all the time. Would not recommend. I get nauseous just looking at them these days

>>23274907
DUDE it's so fun. I had just finished fallout 3 and went right on to New Vegas and I wasn't expecting much, but I like it more than the previous one already
>>
>>23274915
Yeah, ive heard. I'm trying to be careful, but I'm a bigger dude, so it's probably not hitting me as hard. Idk, maybe I'll just wait till the morning.

And I'm telling you New Vegas was soooo superior. Do you have all the DLC? Because they really pushed that game over the edge and made it wonderful.
>>
>>23274481
that pic is so abstract surrealism 10/10 would sip red wine and observe again

I'm still pretty pleb dude. I just bought my first Real Book (not even a Fakebook) while every 15yo jazz kid has like 3 different Fakebooks. I still can't match song names and artists to a lot of melodies. Like I'll listen to a Wayne Shorter album 20 times and I wasn't sure whether this dude was whistling it or not, and then there was another dude playing a Charlie Parker tune and I was like (inner dialogue; OH SHIT I LOVE THAT TUNE I GOTTA TALK TO THIS GU- wait...shit what was the name...did Charlie Parker write it or was it some other oldfag, goddamn it he's playing something else now)
>tfw you'll never be the cool kid in school who's just chill and carries based convos with everyone
>tfw you're 21 and still worrying about this shit
>tfw the teacher asks you if you wanna solo and you make a pained smile and shake your head and she's like "next time?" and you nod but you're scared shitless of improvising

the only upside is that I have this incredible urge to play jazz now that I have a hard copy of the book and I know a bunch of the tunes just from listening to albums even though I can't match up the names, but goddamnit I'm gonna get good

I think you should learn a Charlie Parker solo or Coltrane even. On guitar, it makes things really interesting. I learned the first few bars of Giant Steps on guitar and it sorta blew my mind so I started learning random melodies I love like Coltrane - Resolution and Eric Dolphy - Far Cry. It's actually really fun too even though I actually suck
>>
File: 1454564197705.jpg (136 KB, 664x597) Image search: [Google]
1454564197705.jpg
136 KB, 664x597
>>23274943
>tfw when you will never be good enough to consider buying a Fakebook
I really need to get back into Jazz. I played the Alto Sax for 2 years but gave it up ;__; I transitioned through so many instruments until I finally found I enjoyed the guitar the most. Always wanted to pick the saxophone back up though.

>tfw you'll never be the cool kid in school who's just chill and carries based convos with everyone
>tfw you're 23 and still worrying about this shit
hold me anon, it's getting dark ;__;

>solos
I learn the solos of some songs just to improve with sound knowledge and just general practice. I never gave it any consideration to learning jazz solos because I taught myself and it's not exactly the kind of stuff I like to play, but honestly probably should become more le music patrician so I actually know what I'm talking about.

>pic related, why i play guitar
>>
>>23274454
All forms of music are Wankery on some level, why should it be special with jazz? And yeah man jazz is just so natural energetic and uplifting and I can only imagine how much more those feelings resonate when you play some yourself.
>>23274521
>father figure
Honestly he can probably understand why you were so awkward, he was a teenager too once. The thing he probably really cares about is that you learn the shit that he wanted to teach you eventually and get interested on literature in general, so you can still make em proud! :)
>>
>>23275233
Oh btw, germanon reporting back in from schkool :) prolly won't be able to shit post today with you guys because I'm on a house party and kinda busy in general
>>
The night owls fell asleep kek.
>>
>>23275249
Normie ;)
>>23275301
Poor form. 7:45pm here.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 143

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.