[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Discussion/talking thread >What music do you like? >What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11
File: why.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
New Discussion/talking thread
>What music do you like?
>What movies do you like?
>What do you fucking hate?
>How are ya?
>Contact?
Feel free to add more Im just too lazy to come up with shit
>>
Me first:
>What music do you like?
PJ Harvey, Nick Cave, Leonard Cohen.
Currently listening to Moldy Peaches
7 Samurai, Old Boy and Ghost in the Shell
Watched Manhatten the other day, get movie!
The Feeling of Lonelyness and Dispair.
JK! Traffic is the worst!
>How are ya?
Fine, I guess. Thanks for askin
>Contact?
If you ask me
>>
>>23226725
>What music do you like?
Quite a lot of different types, metal, classic, soul, rock, even a bit of house once in a while and some OST as well.
Forrest Gump and the Cornetto trilogy
Good question, I'd say people not being honest. People being brutally honest are disapearing.
>How are ya?
Pretry good, working on law firms open days, the first step on the road to getting a great job. What about you?
>Contact?
Kik:Raphael7321

New questions:
>Favorite food?
>Kinkiest sexual thing done?
>>
File: image.jpg (316 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
316 KB, 640x640
>>
File: snapshot (1).jpg (34 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
snapshot (1).jpg
34 KB, 640x480
>>23226756
Yeah I love me some OST!
>the Cornetto trilogy
Hot Fuzz is he best!
>working on law firms
>People being brutally honest are disapearing
I see where youre coming from!
>Favorite food?
Chinese Fondue
Tfw your gf is so tame that the wildest thing I´ve done was masturbating in the park during a blizzard
>>
>>23226790
...H-how did you actually keep warm enough to stop shrinkage.
I'm curious more than anything.
>>
>>23227034
I dunno man. I was my throbbing boner was even warming my cold dead hands to room temperature. I guess you dont need warmth if youre dedicated and horny enough!
>>
>>23227034
Now atleast have the decency to answer my questions in the OP so this thing bumps higher!
>>
Listening to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT1OKo1rT84
>>
>what music do you like?
My favorite band is Animal Collective, but /mu/ is my home board so obviously that's an in depth conversation
>what movies do you like?
My favorites are 2001: a space odyssey, the color of pomegranates, the bicycle Thieves, and taxi driver
>what do you fucking hate?
Inauthenticity, try-hards, and pretensio
>how are ya?
Surprisingly good these past few weeks have been p chill and I've just been riding those good vines, yknow?
>contact?
Kik: jjr.overthesea
>>
>>23227221
Ramones rock m8!
>>
>>23227284
Space odyssey and bicyle Thieves are both equally awesome!
Whats the color of pomegranates? Sounds interesting!
>>
>What music do you like?
This is the most autistic conversation topic, worse than the weather.

See above plus people without interests and passions.

>How are ya?
Annoyingly good. Don't go there, man, it's a trap sapping you of motivation.

>Contact?
Only if you're cool.

>Favorite food?
Spicy stuff, sweet stuff, there is too much great stuff.

Put a benis in a vagina at an empty parking lot.

Question at the next anons: What's the best thing you did to someone else?
>>
>>23227324
>Calling music an autistic conversation topic when there is an entire board just for it
Art is interesting and the shit you like tells something about yourself. If you like naruto I can for example be pretty sure youre still a Virgin
>Annoyingly good
You feel great but then realize youre unproductive, get annoyed and feel great because youre now in a state of productiveness just for that circle to continue?
Sounds fun!
>>
>What music do you like?
TISM, Cake, Cloud Cult are my top 3 also Lxnnnie
Worlds Greatest Dad, The Voices, Battle Royale, God Bless America, John Dies @ The End, Ghost World, Young Adult, Jeff Who Lives At Home, Robot & Frank, I Love You Philip Morris and tons others
Myself. Myself and Robert Kirkman.
>How are ya?
Alright I guess. Gf and I are spending the day playing video games and cooking steak.
>Contact?
Eh...
>>
>>23227341
>Art is interesting
It is when discussed in depth, preferably with somebody who had a hand in creating it. "I like x band/movie" - "YE THEY ARE GREAT, I recommend you y band/movie" seems so dull for me, even though it CAN lead to solid recommendations.

>shit you like tells something about yourself
It does to a point but much, much lesser than most assume. Incidentally, all the people I know (at least on a minimal personal) who liked Naruto got laid. Other example would be some really, really smart people liking trash like LOTR. Books tend to be a better indicator but still not too accurate.

> feel great because youre now in a state of productiveness
So close and yet so far from that now.
>>
>>23227361
I demand a picture of said steak when its done.
If I cant have some today I can atleast judge somebody elses work
>>
>>23227322
It's a Russian film about an Armenian poet growing up. It's told through symbolism and metaphor, and its really one of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen. Each scene is composed so well, and some of the stills are very remiscent of early Christian art. There's a version on YouTube if you want to check it out, but there aren't any subtitles
>>
>>23226725
>I don't really know. Don't have much of a refined taste in music. If I hear a song and I like it, no matter what genre, I'll like it. There's not a particular genre which houses most music I like.
>Movies that have ample amount of action, or even drama. Comedies, and romcoms, too.
>People who feel the need to assert themselves over others and always have something to prove. As well as people who lack a shred of empathy.
>I'm doing alright. I'm just pretty bored at the moment. It would be nice to play some vidya, but I can't seem to get the motivation to do so. Perhaps I'll just go do some homework soon.
>There's a Kik, Skype, etc. I'll provide it if anybody's interested, but fat chance.
>>
>>23227377
> I recommend you y band/movie" seems so dull for me
I dunno man, I say "XY is awesome!" as an introduction for deeper discussion, normally works. Even though I agree that circlejerking about songs and movies is especially easy because you can consume them without understanding shit and still end up liking them. Way harder with books!
>Books tend to be a better indicator but still not too accurate.
I agree to a certain point. If somebody likes LOTR it tells me not so much about them, but if somebody likes more philospophically involving books I´d argue otherwise. The same for movies and songs. One of my favorite bands sounds like shit but has great lyrics so I´d argue that if you know the lyrics and that I like them you know something about maybe my philosphical or political standpoint to a certain extend right?
>Incidentally, all the people I know (at least on a minimal personal) who liked Naruto got laid
it doesnt count if they were 11 when they liked Naturo.
>>
>>23227384
Sounds awesome! I like when the movie wants some envolvment from the watcher instead of laying all of his story etc. out infront of him. Do you need to have read anything specific to understand the movie? I´ll definetly check it out, probably not on youtube though the only russian word I know is privjet haha
>>
>>23227439
I didn't read anything beforehand, and seemed to get most of it. Some prior knowledge on the history of Christianity and religious symbolism will help I think. But even if you do struggle with it narratively, it's still a beautiful movie to look at
>>
>>23227458
Thanks for the recommendation senpai!
I´ll check it out
>>
>>23227381
sorry, was eating it. will post asap.
>>
>>23227426
>grinding my teeth due to stress and it's starting to show
Whats up m8?
>I nearly bit of a chunk of my lip due to anaesthetic
Teeth removal or what? I mean, looking in your eyes it seems a bit like existentialistic pain, but not physical one!
>>
>>23227483
Just shit man. I've spend the last two days just sitting in college alone, I tried talking to people who were also alone but no one wants to talk to anyone new.
One of my ex-friends nearly/ did OD and nearly died as a result. He told me a few days ago that I'm the only one he trusts but we're not even friends anymore.
There's a girl who keeps trying to fuck with my head by saying that she loved me and that I should go kill myself.
I'm failing classes because I can't smoke weed which was/is the only thing that stopped me feeling like shit and helped me to be feel normal again...

I had to have a filling because I tongue punched a tooth and caused it to crack.
>>
>>23227483
Tl;DR Anons is a wuss who is failing at life.
>>
>>23227527
>I had to have a filling because I tongue punched a tooth and caused it to crack.
Dude that sounds metal as fuck!

>saying that she loved me and that I should go kill myself.
Nobody deserves to hear such bullshit man! Dont give in to toxic lies of insecure people!
> I tried talking to people who were also alone
Maybe try going to an open party or something? Worked great for me in the past. Or just a bar. Get drunk, go to a table of near aged also drunk people, tell them that your friends those assholes ditched you and ask if you could hang with them. Proceed to have fun!
> He told me a few days ago that I'm the only one he trusts but we're not even friends anymore.
I know this will sound harsh but you seem to be going through a hard time and if thats so you maybe shouldnt feel responisble for him. Youre not jesus, I´d try dragging yourself out of the dirt before him :/

Time changes everything man, I hope you´ll get through this tought phase relatively well :)
>>
>>23227482
Please dont let me wait too long, I hate cliffhangers! </3
>>
>>23227557
I can't, here you need to have friends to get invited to party's.
I tried meeting new people I had a panic attack.
I don't feel responsible for him, but it's the fact he hasn't bothered to actually be a friend, he was just someone I occasionally did drugs with.
...Yet he says that I'm the only one he trusts, dispite never inviting me to a party or even popping up...or doing the friend thing.

That's my bitching over. XD
>>
>>23227418
> but if somebody likes more philospophically involving books I´d argue otherwise
I guess, though given the format here, it'd be hard to tell at start if they really liked or at least understood it, or read it because it's a cool thing to do or just name drop some work they heard about. (Gotta feel sorry for Stirner and Nietzsche being abused by wannabe Nihilists)

Though music seems extra tricky, my girlfriend and me, have very, very similar standpoints about basically everything but can at best tolerate each others music. Don't even know about movies, never had preferences.

>it doesnt count if they were 11 when they liked Naturo.
Nope, were all well over 18. Plus one grown ass married man. Obviously they weren't too obsessed by it, running around with headbands, writing fanfiction and whatever else but interested enough to follow the shit till the bitter end.

>>23227527
Oh gosh, sounds like you have quite a "Life kicking you in the balls " phases. As cliche as it sounds, shit gets better eventually.
>>
>>23227587
i'm sorry! i'm waiting for her to dump them to our media drive so i can snag & post em.
>>
File: ykIvWqR.jpg (871 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
ykIvWqR.jpg
871 KB, 1440x2560
>>23227587
1/2
>>
>>23227606
>Some peope only read shit to be cool
Actually, youre right with that. I was about to argue that you can just have a conversation about said topic and discover if the person understood it or not but then its not really the book telling you something about the person, but the book is only the cataclist. So yeah, youre right! Art doesnt say shit about a person without further discussion.
>(Gotta feel sorry for Stirner and Nietzsche being abused by wannabe Nihilists
If I have to listen to one more Hipster friend whining about the worthlessness of everything I´ll fucking smash his/her face in with the collected works of Nietzsche (their life is apparently worthless after all)!
>Don't even know about movies, never had preferences.
thats a shame! Movies are in my view as much art as everything else, there is just a lot of shit you maybe have to move through before you can get to the good ones. But how >>23227384
shows already in this thread, movies can be more then just action bullshit.
>Nope, were all well over 18
Youre a rare breed!
>>
>>23227643
GIMME THE INSIDES MAN, I NEED TO SEE THE TENDER FLESH, I NEED TO!
>>
File: ojpFpJ1.jpg (925 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
ojpFpJ1.jpg
925 KB, 1440x2560
>>23227643
2/2
>>
>>23227596
No man, bitch more if you want to. Sometimes that really helps! :)
>>
>>23227654
sorry that was all we took :/ we hadn't eaten yet today. we were starvin' ladies.
>>
File: l5VsdmM.jpg (95 KB, 499x414) Image search: [Google]
l5VsdmM.jpg
95 KB, 499x414
>>23227662
:( A sad day for me and therefore also the world.
Well thanks for the trouble you took anyways, it looks delicious!
>>
>>23227682
it was absolutely delicious. tender and such a great mix of seasonings and sauces. she's a fine ass cook. sorry to let you down, man :/
>>
>>23227698
No man its alright!
>she's a fine ass cook
Geez I wish my ex was like that, she literally ate rice with ketchup as a standart meal!
>>
>>23227720
that's...that's terrible. i'm so sorry. have you thought about talking to a therapist about that?
>>
>>23227656
>>23227643
Burnt/10
>>
>>23227754
wasn't burnt at all? i mean, we ate it. we would know. it wasn't burnt lol
>>
>>23227645
>Movies are in my view as much art as everything else
Oh I definitely agree, not having preferences doesn't mean that I don't appreciate them, I can enjoy Star Wars as much as Plemya, and I generally like ex Soviet Union stuff, be it movies or books, cultural bias I guess. First time I heard about Parajanov though.

>she literally ate rice with ketchup as a standart meal
I am so, so sorry.

>>23227656
Looks fucking lovely, although lacking pic of insides indeed. The description sure sounded hunger inducing.
>>
File: Image-1-Guy-Fieri.png (402 KB, 402x536) Image search: [Google]
Image-1-Guy-Fieri.png
402 KB, 402x536
>>23227754
Thats how a good steak looks like you uncivilized beeing! Short on the stove on high heat so the inner part stays juicy and the outher part closes its pores and gets a nice smoked taste....
Im way too hungry
>>
>>23227738
I know... I still have ptsd! The worst part was when I found the wedding ring inside....
>>
Alright all this shit made me hungry. What should I cook?
>>
Narrow it down by naming the supplies you have at hand yo.
>>
>>23227794
not the baby? i figured that'd be worse.
>>
File: ed7.jpg (47 KB, 596x628) Image search: [Google]
ed7.jpg
47 KB, 596x628
>>23227836
You had me in stitches there
>>
>>23227830
Sorry the hunger killed me, already cut some champignongs up. Guess those will be it... definetly have to buy more shit tommorrow
>>
>>23227866
Oh, not too bad, although rather lacking in comparison to that steak.

Well, still beats rice with ketchup. Pics?
>>
File: SALVAAAAGE.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
SALVAAAAGE.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>23227878
OP always delivers
>>
as a lesbian, i will put up with a LOT from girls, but ketchup and rice is NOT one of those things i'll put up with.
>>
>>23227606
Hopefully, haha.
>>
File: regression-of-man.jpg (76 KB, 640x318) Image search: [Google]
regression-of-man.jpg
76 KB, 640x318
>>23227892
We came so far as a species and now people decide to eat shit that even their ancestors wouldntve touched
>>
>>23227891
Aww yeah, looks damn nice and I don't even like champignons!
How did you manage to last with the ketchup and rice girl?

>>23227924
That's rather insulting towards pigs.
>>
>>23227933
I always cooked so I never noticed how awful she was...
Its like if you kept Hitler away from Jews his entire life so you dont notice the evil that dwells within.....
>That's rather insulting towards pigs.That's rather insulting towards pigs.
lol
>>
>>23227965
>Its like if you kept Hitler away from Jews his entire life so you dont notice the evil that dwells within.....
10/10 would lawl again
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.