[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /soc/ Is it socially acceptable for a 26 year old girl to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
Hey /soc/
Is it socially acceptable for a 26 year old girl to date an 18 year old guy?
If no, does it help if the 18 year old looks/acts older, and the 26 year old looks/acts younger?
Almost as if it evens itself out?
Or is it still weird regardless of mental/facial maturity?

>Im 26
>Told I pass for 18-22
>Have always been mentally younger than my actual age
>He's 18 in 2 months
>Looks 23
>Acts 23
>Started out as me just wanting to hook up with him and nothing more (because of age difference)
>Don't worry - Want to wait the 2 months (Even though age of consent is 17 in my state)
>Starting to like him
>Might just have to let him go
>Could miss out on good relationship
>Will feel even older if I dated someone that young
>Like him more and more
>What do

(Already asked /adv/. They weren't much help)
Also ; General age difference thread. Post your stories and shit.
>>
That's just 8 years difference. Do it.
Plus post pic of you.
>>
Nothing wrong with robbing the cradle if you're in it to win it or looking to score. But don't take up the best years of his life if you're not actually willing to go the distance. And no that doesn't mean how you feel NOW, that means through better or worse. If not, than tap that and go date someone you're own damn age
>>
DO whatever the fuck you want.

Why do you need somebody elses' approval?
>>
>>23208733
Good point
>>
When I was 23 I dated an 18 year old but I thought he was 22. When I first meet someone I'm not thinking their age usually if I'm attracted to them I assume they are in my age range. My first boyfriend was two years younger than me. I have one ex that was a year older. And one more that was 3 years younger. I also look way younger than people my age. 26 to 18 is a big age gap when it's written out but really it just depends on what you two are comfortable with. I am 29 now and would still date younger. Good luck
>>
>>23208700
If you feel comfortable, go for it. There's an 11 year difference between my parents, yours is just 8.

FYI, 18 year old guys are inmature as fuck. Don't be surprised when he acts like an idiot. Take this from a guy.
>>
>>23208700
I dated a 26 year old grill when I was 18.
Only lasted 3 months, but it was fun.
>>
>>23208730
That's a good point, anon.
>>23208733
Just conflicted. Want opinions of others to weigh out my decision.
>>23208739
Yeah, same here. Like I said, he looks 23. Imagine my surprise when he said he was almost 18. Like my other friend is 19, but I wouldn't consider him because he actually LOOKS 19.
>>23208749
True. But 5 is still a little better than 8.
And yeah they are. Lol
He seems pretty chill though. He works 12 hour shifts and also goes to school. He wants his own apartment and shit.
He can get into bars and buy cigarettes and nobody cards him because they all assume he's old enough.
He also hangs around older people too I think.
But also younger people.
>>
>>23208827
>almost 18

Im not about that underage tho
>>
>>23208700
i had a great relationship with a 25 year old girl in a very similar situation execpt I looked my age (18)
so yeah don't be a lil bitch about it
>>
I'm assuming >>23207288 is you.
So, you made it clear that you are worried about what people are going to say.
If where you are the age of consent is 18, then wait till her turns 18.

Go for it, it'll be another experience in your life, just do not expect him to be your soulmate or anything of the such.
>>
anything is socially acceptable when a woman does it
>>
>>23208700
why not
I don't see a problem
next
>>
>>23208700
I see nothing wrong with it. I'm 27 and every single guy who has ever been into me has been 2 1/2 to 5 years younger than me. I even have a major crush on a 19-year-old here on /soc/. I think because everyone into me has always been younger, it doesn't bother me much anymore.
If you look younger, he looks older and you both have the personalities that match, I really don't think you have a whole lot to worry about. You should focus on your love and enjoying each other's company than a little age gap.
>>
Who knew that 4chan could provide love life advice?
>>
>Have always been mentally younger than my age

Lmao
>>
>>23210241
4chan is full of idiots... but those idiots will tell you what you NEED to hear. And they're damn good at it.
Id go to 4chan for advice any day, sometimes even before I go to a friend.

If you think this site only consists of raids, gore, and unintelligent pricks, you're dead wrong and probably haven't been on here that long.
They're not completely heartless
>>
I am 24 and my girlfriend is 43, been together just over 2 years and it works because our mental ages meet somewhere in the middle.

I'd say go for it, we never thought it would work!
>>
>>23210483
Stupid fingers, she's 34
>>
>>23208749
I was pretty mature by the time I was 18
>>
>being so desperate and undesired by men your age that you have to date a kid in high school when you graduated from college 4 years before
>>
>>23208986
Basically this. Unfortunately.
>>23209138
Usually I don't date older than 5 years or younger than 5 years. I think a 5 year age difference should be the max. Which is why this is weird for me.
So, your past relationships aren't too bad. I can relate more to you having a crush on a 19 year old, which makes me feel like Im not alone.
Thank you for this post... it was helpful.
>>23210504
Not desperate. Ive always stayed around my age range and never had problems.
When I met him I thought he was in my age range until weeks later when he actually said how old he was. Then I shrugged him off. But he started coming around more often. We get along pretty well.
And you don't always choose who you fall for. Shit just happens man. That's why I need to make a choice before I even bother pursuing him. Im probably just going to walk away.
>>
>>23208700

I'm just going to say this.

You can absolutely fucking NEVER 'skip' maturity. Maturity is how fucking tired you are of life's bullshit and how excited and happy you can be for stuff that really matters. You may always think you're mature, or 'mature for your age', but that never is the case.

If you ever find yourself in the position not to say 'man, i'd fucking beat my 1 year ago self so hard for being stupid' while still under thirty-something, you should reflect more, because you'd be wrong.

He's 18. 18. Do you remember the stupid shit you thought or believed when you were 18? Do you remember how oblivious you were when you were 18? He's that. Would you want to have a relationships with that? I wouldn't.
>>
>>23208700
I can answer you, but I'd need to see some pics of you to give you a reasonable statement.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.