[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are traditionally good looking people so rotten on the inside?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 14637277272.jpg (37 KB, 542x522) Image search: [Google]
14637277272.jpg
37 KB, 542x522
Why are traditionally good looking people so rotten on the inside? This doesn't just apply to women, really handsome men seem to be extremely vain as well. Is it because they were treated a certain way their entire life so they feel entitled to things? They are always the most boring, unfunny, personalityless people too. I think it's social conditioning. Seriously try and think of one good looking funny person IRL or even a famous one. There isn't any. What's the deal with that?
>>
>Is it because they were treated a certain way their entire life so they feel entitled to things?

I think it's that one, yes. Being socially skilled, funny, emphatic etc tends to be something people have to learn through trial and effort, and because they've seen that they need to make that effort or otherwise their social situation will suffer. Very good-looking people have never needed to hone their social skills.

There are plenty of exceptions, though. I think the nice good-looking people have simply been brought up in an environment that didn't revere them just because of their looks, and as a result are normal, grounded and nice. So it's also a question of society and its values
>>
>>23156917

Combination of things.

First, I know lots of good looking people who are perfectly fine. The rotten ugly ones you ignore and that's that, but the pretty ones you're drawn to and so they get more opportunities to show off their awfulness.

Second, good looks are a form of power, and power corrupts. If everyone wants to be your friend/lover, then you have less to lose from screwing one or two over.

Third, success comes so easily to you that you don't learn how to be a nice person until your looks fade. This especially happens to girls, where youth = hotness. I've known many hot girls who never developed great social skills because they didn't really need to. People were fawning over them. Then later when that went away, suddenly they're treated like everyone else and they can't cope and it feels like some great injustice.

I've watched this story play out in these different forms often enough that I no longer get a sense of satisfaction when someone super-hot but mean eventually gets their comeuppance. Once you've seen it happen once or twice, then it just feels sad and hollow.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.