[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Big Thread For European People I'm interested in knowing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: Europe_flags.png (94 KB, 1200x996) Image search: [Google]
Europe_flags.png
94 KB, 1200x996
The Big Thread For European People

I'm interested in knowing how many people from the Old World are here. Report in with whatever, state your country and have a chat!

I frequently see German or Austrian or Dutch threads, they always die too fast, we should all put them together and be one big European family!
>>
>>23148489
where are you from
>>
England here.

What you all think of England anyway?
>>
>>23149755
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
BONG
>>
>>23149780
It's currently eight BONG in England, not six.
>>
From .fi, now living in .ch.
>>
File: 1422282540645.png (493 KB, 581x920) Image search: [Google]
1422282540645.png
493 KB, 581x920
>>23148489

Czech republic.
>>
German here. 20/m/gay

There once was a long-running german thread last year, it survived about a week iirc, good times.
>>
>>23149755
England itself, not so much.
But i do like english people, i just find them funny and interesting, and their accent is pretty great to ear.

26/M/French here :)

>>23150206
Dobry den ! Jak se mas ?

How do you find french accent when we speak english ? Personally i just hate hearing myself speaking english, i just sound too dumb and waaay less cooler than naturally english speaker !
>>
File: 1298285172206.jpg (19 KB, 249x213) Image search: [Google]
1298285172206.jpg
19 KB, 249x213
>>23150321

Pretty merde honestly.

Been trying to talk to new people, for a year and a half because I was lonely. Now, after two confessions to girls I genuinely cared about and other people, I'm exhausted. I can't do this shit anymore. Putting myself out there and begging people to give me a little bit of their time and attention / affection or a peek into their world. But I existentially need this. So I go back and everytime I feel it's worse on the people who I message and pester. I wish this craving would go away.

25/M/CZ
>>
>>23150371
i know that feeling bro, but don't make your world revolve around other people, YOU should be the center of YOUR world !

It's funny that i'm speaking of a czech guy, i had a girl friend czech once, i met her in tokyo, her name was Sarka, i was deeply attached to this girl, i don't know why, i just loved her really much (without romantic feelings, even if i thought that she would be the perfect gf) anyway, i visited her in Nagoya in November for her birthday, because i was planning a 3 months trip in Japan, so i thought i should make her a surprise.
Everything went well, she was really happy, and the day after, we had a "fight" because she thought that i had feelings for her etc
She basically kicked me out of Nagoya, so i went to Tokyo, after that she needed some "time" to think and never answered me back.

Her best friend told me that czech girls don't take too much kindness for granted, like, it's something weird and fishy, is that true ?
Anyway, i'm quite sad now that i lost her as a friend, but for me, she acted like a child by making a little misunderstanding as a big deal...
What do you think ?

Sorry if i speak too much :/
>>
>>23150415

We're slavs. We're not kind to each other unless we're very close. Polite? Sure. Nice? No.

>i know that feeling bro, but don't make your world revolve around other people, YOU should be the center of YOUR world !

Thanks for the thought, but I don't think you understand my situation. I am the center of my world already. I have always been. Everyone is the center of their world. But unfortunately people crave meaningful connection with other people. Or at least most people do. That's at the core of this problem.
>>
>>23150457
>Putting myself out there and begging people to give me a little bit of their time and attention / affection or a peek into their world

Bro, that's wrong. You shouldnt "force" yourself to get attention, don't give yours easily, that's the trick... I know because i'm in the same situation, but this year, i don't really know why, i just don't give a fuck anymore about relationship with people, if they act like douchebags, i just say fuck it and get rid of them, that's what i did with Sarka, i'm mad at her because she forced me to get rid of her by acting like a child.

You should do the same. You HAVE to be happy alone first before asking for others people to love you and make you happy, i assure you that people will be naturally attracted to you if you start don't give a fuck about them, and do things that make you happy.
>>
>>23150489

>You HAVE to be happy alone
>to be happy alone
>happy loneliness

That sounds very much like an oxymoron. But I get what you're trying to say. Basically push the loneliness as far away as possible and pray that you don't break down before you find an actual solution.
>>
>>23150541
Not really, but you have to enjoy life without others basically, of course people need friends and stuff, but i don't know, if you like riding motorcycle, you don't specially need other people to do it with you, or if you enjoy lifting, you don't "need" people to lift with you..
you know what i mean ?

Of course you'll need others people to spend some nice quality time in a pub drinking your 1€ pint of beer (god i miss cheap beers in Prague so much)..

Basically, you have to enjoy others company BUT not NEED their company to be happy, you get it ?
>>
>>23150579

What's the longest time you felt genuinely alone? Disconnected from everyone, feeling like no one actually knows you and that no one cares?
>>
>>23150610
I've always had friends in my life, so i never been TRULY alone.
Romantically, almost all my fucking life thought.
That's the lack of intimacy, affection, attention, romance and love that i miss the most.
>>
>>23150620

I imagine you could talk to these friends about your troubles without fearing they would think less of you, or that you could drive them away by trying to talk to them about being lonely.

I don't have friends like this anymore. The ones I had, I moved away from due to school, etc. I haven't had intimacy in 8 years. A heart to heart conversation where I actually felt someone understood me in about 8 years as well.

I have a lot of interests and they all became poisoned by this urge to connect with someone. Everytime I'm doing something other than work or talk to people I feel a pull in my gut that tells me that I'm not doing something I should. Did you ever feel like this?
>>
>>23150668
>Everytime I'm doing something other than work or talk to people I feel a pull in my gut that tells me that I'm not doing something I should. Did you ever feel like this?

Not really, maybe after i while if i'm starting to get attached to the person i know and i see they don't care about me as much as i do for them, in this situation i think that i'm not doing the right thing, but otherwise no.

But for this :
>I have a lot of interests and they all became poisoned by this urge to connect with someone

I can relate, i just don't find the interest i have/had anymore fun when i'm alone, for exemple, i love motorcycles, riding and stuff, i truly think this is awesome, and it was even more great when i was with my gf who rode motorbike (because of me) too !
Now i'm alone again (it's been 14 months now that i broke up) i find every activity i like boring, it seem like i can't even enjoy things alone...

It's pretty depressing and frustrating at the same time.
But honestly, time heal everything, so i'm starting slowly to appreciate more and more my life alone because i can do whatever the fuck i want WHEN i want and at the end, that's the only thing who matter.
It's just a state of mind, a way of thinking that you must adopt if you want to be happy, you HAVE to truly NOT REALLY care about "connexion" with people, you don't chose when or with who you make your connexion, life do it for you, just don't force the destiny.
That's what i believe
>>
French studying in England here.

I realised how much we were cunts when I started to live abroad.

Anyone wants to know something?
>>
>>23150696
We'll never cuntish as much as Chinese people, and, for me, i always try to look as more polite and nice to others people when i'm abroad, i want to give them a good image of my country
>>
>>23150708

I think we understand each other in a way. Thanks, anyways and have a pleasant evening / night.
>>
>>23150724
You too bro, Dobrou noc :)
>>
>>23150696
How did you realise that? And what are you studying?
>>
>>23150748
well, as a french, it's true that we are aaaaalways BITCHING about everything and speak in a suffisant manner, that's not a secret
>>
>>23148489
Italyfag here
>>
>>23150752
Well, sure, but you also seem pretty proud about it! Or at least that's what I've noticed.
>>
>>23150760
Yeah, i'm proud of being french, but i always try to make myself NOT look like the cliché of the asshole, you know ?
I try to show only our good side :p
>>
>>23150768
Haha I understand where you are coming from. When I am travelling I try pretty hard to move my hands less and be quiet and follow all the rules and don't look like a crazy Italian.
>>
>>23150784
Oh well, moving your hands is not a bad side of the cliché, but trying to seduce a girl for hours can be annoying for them i guess :p

I was with an italian guy, Gabriele, at my guest house in Tokyo, pretty chill dude, great experience overall :)

And i'm from a Italian background from my dad side, so i'm proud of this too, i can't blame an italian for being an italian :p
>>
>>23150800
I have never tried to seduce a girl, I swear! Probably the fact that I am a straight girl makes me slightly less annoying.

How was your experience in Tokyo?
>>
>>23150834
Well it was my second time here, so i can say now that i know tokyo pretty well, this city is so amazing that you don't even feel the need to visit the country side, at least it was my case :)

I really love Japan, everything is so clean, people are polite as fuck, they have a sense of service that we can't even dream of in France, it really feel good to be a foreigner over there, at least an European one :)

You're an italian girl, you can't be annoying, they're well know for being a bit bitchy but they have strong character and values, that's great.
I bet that you can cook quite well and that you're a faithful motherly partner :D

Am i wrong ?
>>
>>23150867
It seems pretty cool! A couple of my friends are studying there and they seem pretty enthusiastic. I was planning on visiting them, but it'd be my first trip outside of Europe so I am definitely overthinking it.

I am probably a bit too bitchy, but everything else is on spot. Even if I cook amazingly well, not just "quite well"!
>>
>>23150912
Definitly don't overthink your trip in Japan, it's not difficult to find your way there, people are nice, not really friendly but not assholes.

Damn, i'm starting to get hungry now... where do you live in Italia ?
Will you cook for me ?
>>
>>23150927
Thanks! What are you doing there? Just travelling or working/studying?

I live in the very north east.
And yes, definitely. I'm too lazy to cook for myself, most of the time, but I love cooking for others.
>>
>>23151004
Damn, i just love my italian background and my dad side family, when i was visiting my grandma it was always like that :
Spaghetti with bolognese and meatballs.
"You didnt ate anything, son !
- I ate 3 full plate, grandma, i'm full
- Come oooon you're so thin, you don't like it ?
- Ok ok, another one, just for you..."

If you're like that, you're definitly wife material :p

North East, like Venice ? Gabriele was from there too, at the border with Slovenia :)

And yeah i was only travelling and enjoying the life in Tokyo, great times :)
When do you plan to visit your friends ?
I may be go back to Tokyo for 7-10 days in march/april, depends, if you still want to visit your friends, you can join me ! I'm sure it'd be fun
>>
>>23151131
Hahaha! It's totally a grandma thing, I'm still too young for that! But I'm confident I will end up doing it, given enough time.

Yeah, up there! Me and your friend probably live pretty close! Did he study in Venice?

I will probably go in March, if I manage to save enough! Do you have any advice for the trip? :)
>>
Scotland here.

Occasionally see short lived Scottish threads but most are embarrassing, and quickly degenerate into parochial slang.

And before any scotfags say I sound posh, I'll have you know I've done time for violent crime, in Barlinnie.

Born in the Gorbals and lived most of my life in Castlemilk.

I talk like you but don't write like I talk, neither should you, makes you look/sound like an idiot.

Other than that Scotland is fucking cool!
>>
>>23151329
Hmm go to Sakura House website, and pick the Sendagaya guest house if you want to find something really nice and cheap to live in, it's in Yoyogi, so that's the perfect place just in between Shinjuku (20 min walk) and Shibuya (30min walk), the train station is like 5 min away, it's really great :)
If you stay 1 week in Japan, don't bother traveling outside Tokyo, if 2 weeks, you can do 1 week in Toyko and then 1 week traveling around, but it'll cost more :)
Appart from that, nothing really, Japan is more easy than we think !

And for my friend, i just checked facebook, he studied in the university "Ca' Foscari" in Venice :)
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.