[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, this may be the wrong place to post this, but I have always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (444 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
444 KB, 900x900
So, this may be the wrong place to post this, but I have always been curious what people outside of Wisconsin thought about WI.
Like do people even give a shit, are we known for anything other than cheese and beer? And now murderers...
If people use this to find people to chill with I don't care but I want to her from others.
>>
I'm from 920. We're known for the birthplace of the electric guitar. Exceptional foods. Ever been to the driftless region?
>>
>>23112614
I totally forgot about the electric guitar. But no I have not been there. At least not that I know of
>>
414 here. love Wisc.
>>
978 here
You guys have the only professional team that belongs to the people that live there. And that's awesome in my book.
Plus you guys beat my team in the first superbowl we made it to that I can remember.
Besides that I've got a catchy jingle about your milk and how I don't want no pop or tea eternally stuck in my head. Thanks summer camp.
>>
>>23112665
Is there a name or something for that jingle. I'm quite curious considering I have no idea such thing exists
Am I living under a rock?
>>
>>23112614
Whats the driftless region?
>>
I'm from southern IL.

You have beer, cheese, black bears, the Packers, and That 70s Show was based on some town there or something.
Also people from there talk funny, like Canadians.
>>
>>23112751
Interesting, I've never seen a black bear but I do live in the city sooooo
>>
>>23112688
Don't want no pop, no pop
Don't want no tea, no tea
Just give me that milk
Moo moo moo moo
Wisconsin milk
Moo moo moo moo

There are videos on YouTube that show the appropriate hand gesture's as well.
>>
>>23113383
This is amazing! I'm happy about this new find
Thanks
>>
>>23112647
Same, but i just moved here so not sick of the city yet.
>>
File: DriftlessAreaTUmap1.jpg (383 KB, 964x1247) Image search: [Google]
DriftlessAreaTUmap1.jpg
383 KB, 964x1247
>>23112711
It's a part of the Southwest corner of Wisconsin. Below LaCrosse, it's a region untouched by ice bergs apparently. Bluffs and valleys everywhere. Local and organic food is abundant. Tons of co-ops and amish groups as well. It contains some of the best food ever in WI. Has some really quality bars hidden in small spaces too. Great place for hiking and such. Just be careful of ticks...
>Pic Related it covers more than just WI but WI has the best food for sure
>>
File: driftyeah.gif (327 KB, 618x800) Image search: [Google]
driftyeah.gif
327 KB, 618x800
>>23114452
Here's a better map. Vernon county, although poor, has amazing food. Lots of biker traffic during the summer months. It's kind of a tourist trap much like Red Granite or Wisc Dells. Not as big though. La Crosse is also worth checking out, though the farther south you go, the deeper into the hilly terrain and forested valleys that look fucking amazing. I've taken several road trips there blazed out of my mind just driving around and eating then hiking and biking too.
>>
>>23112614
Born and raised in 920 as well!!
>>
>>23114452

I live here too and I agree with all this.
>>
Just moved to Madison from western suburbs of Chicago. Hate it
>>
>>23116491
You hate Madison? I've heard good things but living along the lake is much better in my opinion
>>
File: badgering.jpg (71 KB, 495x509) Image search: [Google]
badgering.jpg
71 KB, 495x509
>>23116491
Well, you can always fuck off back to Illinois, but you're right, one more FIB can't make Madison any worse than it already is.
>>
>>23116998
Holy shit. I mean I don't like Illinois either but damn.
>>
Framing the innocent
>>
>>23112591
we think you're all a bunch of bumpkins like the characters in Fargo
>>
>>23112751
That 70s Show was a fictional town, but definitely caught the Wisconsin spirit lol. Idk about the funny accents, I live in Milwaukee so theres a bunch of cultures with different accents. but I work in a small town about an hour north where everyone is friendly and speak normal to me haha
>>
>>23117433
Fargo is in Minnesota ya doofus. Only people way up north talk like that, and even then they're basically in the UP anyway.
>>
>>23117483
I can safely say that I am similar to Kitty in several ways.
Also agreed, in Milwaukee you will get a huge variety of cultures so accents or dialect isn't too different from most big cities.
>>
>>23117580
yes, i know, but all of you people in the flyover states seem pretty much the same
>>
>>23117722
where do you live? Milwaukee?

DESU ive only been to a few of the smaller towns in Wisconisin, but we all love the Packers, we all love beer, hate the Vikings and the Bears.
>>
Born and raised in the PNW, most people over there don't really think WI is relevant at all and I've even heard it referred to as "the South of the North" occasionally. Live in the 414 now and don't really care for it too much but don't have any real complaints. Hope to move out soon if I can get a better job back on the west coast.
>>
Wisconsin is super cheezy
>>
All I know about Wisconsin is, that it exists.

Ugh.

Time to brush up on my states knowledge, I guess.
>>
Why does Wisconsin declare a state of emergency over a little fog?
>>
Well, I met this freaky girl on deviantart, she was from Wisconsin. She straight up started to flirt with me and one thing leading to another, we sexted a lot and did some web cam stuff... Like, pretty hardcore stuff. Got a ton of videos and pictures of her, still use them today. After two years of debauchery, she decided she wanted to be a good girl, got a boyfriend and deleted me. She came back some months later, when she broke up with the bastard. We started jerking off and such again, until she became a saint for the second time. She deleted me once again, and I never heard of her after that. So yeah, what do I think about Winsconsin? Nothing. I just know that a hot but crazy bitch lives there.
>>
>>23112591
>And now murderers...
Please to explain?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.