[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /soc/ Are here any ppl with panic disorder or depression?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20151128_124929_1.jpg (218 KB, 1910x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151128_124929_1.jpg
218 KB, 1910x1080
Hey /soc/
Are here any ppl with panic disorder or depression? Or both as i.
Can we talk about it?
/soc/ related. meet ppl who have the same issue and shit in their lifes.
>>
I have been diagnosed with generalize anxiety disorder, but I think it's progressed to panic disorder or something. I also have depression. I'm kind of just a hot mess really.
>>
Depression here. Also German. For how long have you been on meds?
>>
>>23077549
Oh okay, do you take medication? Or not? Panic dissorder sucks, doesnt let you live your life normal as soon as they get you. Do something against it as soon as possible is the best. I didnt knew what these feelings were, so i waited rly long to talk with some1 about it.
>>
>>23077552
Only a month. Panic disorder started 2.5 years ago. Maybe earlier, but 2.5years ago i realized something is wrong with me. German too
>>
>>23077572
What made you seek professional help?
>>
>>23077636
My mom said i should go to a psychatrist. I already went to one as a child, so it didnt felt weird to go there. Also the panic attacks went out of control and i mostly just sat at home and slept.
>>
>>23077666
Why did you go as a child? Also anxiety?

I'm >>23077552 by the way. My phone just died.
>>
>>23077703
Oh okay.
Noo because i was aggresiv and always mad and sad and my mum wanted me to go to one haha.
Did you went to one so far?
>>
>>23077719
No, only to a therapist and to my Hausarzt for meds. I'm glad I went, they work really well as a support for the therapy. The decision to get help in the first place was quite hard though.
>>
>>23077745
Yeah, medication rly helps.
Yes, i think i still wouldnt go to a psychatrist if my mother didnt forced me to.
>>
>>23077759
Did you also see a therapist or just the psychiatrist?
>>
>>23077762
I visit a Psychiatrist.
>>
>>23077795
What exactly did you want to discuss when you created this thread?
>>
>>23077820
Just hear other ppl with the same issues galking about how they feel, how bad their issues are, what helps them in hard times, if they take medication or not etc.
But as i see, not many ppl here who have this kinda stuff
>>
File: clonazepam_tablets1.jpg (45 KB, 410x300) Image search: [Google]
clonazepam_tablets1.jpg
45 KB, 410x300
>>23077549
I've been taking Prozac for going on 6 months and the occasional Klonopin. The Prozac does nothing except to make it hard for me to cum.
>>
>>23077940
Okay never heard of these. Do you take them because of depression or panic attacks?
Mine didnt made the disorders go away, they even pushed my depression higher. But i didnt had a big panic attack again, thats pretty nice. But still have smaller ones everyday.
>>
I have panic disorder but I haven't had it treated.
>>
>>23077919
Oh I have one more story to tell: I sometimes forget taking my meds (at the moment, two days in). I once forgot them for 5 days or so and noticed no bad symptoms, so I decided to drop them entirely. After a few more days, I felt totally dizzy, almost threw up many times, I couldn't even ride my bike any more. Something bad happened and I became super depressed again, so I started taking my meds again and all my physiological symptoms vanished.
>>
>>23077970
Why not?
>>
>>23077971
Yeah my mom had the same, she even hallucinated after she didnt took them some days.
Sounds rly scary, i hope i wont feel so bad if i dosnt have to take them amymore someday.
>>
>>23077972
>going to the grocery store is like jumping out of a plane
>supposed to now call a psychiatrist and then go in and talk to some rich chode and not worry about how I'm going to pay for it

but when it comes down to it, I'm not sure

I told my mom I'd just not worry about it and maybe enlist. Which seems stupid but that gives me some exposure, which is the same as would happen otherwise except if I see a doctor I get SSRIs and/or benzos.
>>
>>23077991
Stay with your doctor and stop taking them under their supervision. I just stopped one day, which is pretty bad. The German word you need is ausschleichen.
>>23077993
Doctors are pretty chill about SSRIs because many people feel a bit down for a week and want them. They are pretty harmless, so it's not a big deal to get them. I guess you're going to need a bit more than the lowest dose, so after a month or two you tell your doc that you don't feel an effect yet and he'll increase your dose. I know that your anxiety is irrational, but maybe it helps if anons tell you that it's not hard to get help. You won't regret it.
>>
>>23077993
Hmmm yeah i see.
I dont have to pay for it in my country, rly sucks if you have to, because i think theyre pretty expensive.
There are great methodes to chill you down if youre about ro get a panic attack, my psychatrist showed me some,and they actually work pretty good.

Hope you get well someday, i just bought a book about a women with panic attacks, who had them since 17. Shes 54 now and still has them. Never visited a doc or something.
>>
>>23077492
hey I was just prescribed cipralex senpai. should I take it? my friend told me that it made her have muscle spasms.
>>
>>23078164
I have this too, dont know if its because of the medication. But could make sense now.
I think cypralex is a soft medication, i had no troubles so far with it. I dont know how it will treat your issue, it helped me, but ofc i still have some of my issues. It didnt made them go away 100%. But it helped.
>>
>>23078197
I'm very nervous about the side effects. My friend describes almost like a muscle tick that she had for a year after stopping the drug. Thanks for your input. There's also the thing about how it will either keep me awake or make me hella sleepy, according to the pharmacist.

It was prescribed to me to treat my depression and anxiety combo
>>
>>23078245
Talk about your worries with your doctor. He might tell you how high the risks are for the side effects and might find an alternative you feel more comfortable with. There's no point in taking meds if you worry about them more than you worry about your symptoms. The doctor shouldn't send you home with meds you might not want to take.
>>
>>23078272
My doctor sucks. He's the kind of old man doc that shrugs and tells me not to worry so much when I ask him about that kind of thing. I had started getting stress swelling in my lymph nodes. I don't want to go back on Prozac. Hmm, what to do what to do. More yoga and tea? Haha
>>
>>23078310
Find another doc asap. I cannot stress enough how important trust is in the patient doctor relationship. Your body is not a machine that can be fixed by pressing the right buttons and throwing in the right medicine.
>>
Mild clinical depression and some anxiety issues here. Currently searching for a new provider to talk about medication options. Have tried a few different combos but everything has seemed to wean in effectiveness over time for me.
>>
I have diagnosed panic disorder, generalized anxiety, and depression. I take 150mg Zoloft daily.

In the beginning (in middle school), I didn't know what it was. I would just feel hot, clammy, breathless, and like I had to use the bathroom. I would just try to ignore it, and it would go away. It was bearable.

As time went on, I went through a bad breakup with my first boyfriend, and had a depressive/anxiety meltdown. I went to a doctor and was diagnosed with depression/anxiety. They prescribed me 100mg Zoloft. It helped tremendously.

As time has gone on, I've gotten worse. I've developed agoraphobia. Basically, my home is my "safe place." I've been upped to 150mg for the past 3 years.. It only takes the edge off my anxiety, but definitely isn't a "cure."

I've developed an irrational fear of having others drive. I have to be the one to drive. Even then, I get panic attacks. I'm constantly thinking about exit plans.. Like if I'm at a store, I'm always thinking about how far away from an exit I am if I have a huge panic attack and need to escape.. This never happens, mind you. My main concern for some reason, is what if I get sick? What if I get sick and am stuck at a store/party/in traffic? What if I get sick and somebody else is driving? I need to be in control; hence, why I need to be the one who drives. When I'm driving, I like to stay in the right lane, in case I panic and need to turn around and drive home (which has happened).

My panic attack symptoms are as follows: racing thoughts, dry mouth/throat, clammy feeling, burning sensation on skin, feeling sense of doom, feeling like I need to escape, feeling the need to use the bathroom...

Even when I'm not feeling panicky, my anxiety is always in the back of my mind. I like to call it background anxiety. My life revolves around m anxiety. It's physically and mentally exhausting.

There is a book that I would like to recommend to others. "Hope and Help for your Nerves" by Dr. Claire Weekes.
>>
>>23078413
Continued....

That book is amazing. She explains everything so perfectly. I feel like if everybody who wasn't an anxiety sufferer would read that book, they would finally understand what we go through. I carry my book with me wherever I go.

I realize what I've written makes me sound crazy. I know the fears I experience are irrational; for some reason, my brain thinks otherwise, if that makes sense.

Nobody has ever died from a panic attack. Panic attacks can't hurt you. Nobody has ever gone crazy from a panic attack. You will not go crazy. You will not have a heart attack. You will not die.

Everything will be OK.
>>
>>23078451
> Everything will be OK.
This. So much.
>>
>>23078840
(:
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.