[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anons, How do you verify, while trying to be as least intrusive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: catfish.jpg (54 KB, 588x390) Image search: [Google]
catfish.jpg
54 KB, 588x390
Anons,

How do you verify, while trying to be as least intrusive as possible, that the person you're speaking to is who they say they are, and not "catfishing"?

I've found that the women I speak with are more than willing to give a vague face or body pic.

Also, men catfishing rarely know what an IUD is when I ask about their birth control usage.

Pic related: it's my dinner

actually fuck that, catfish tastes like shit
salmon ftw

you can also make this a fish tastiness rate thread, I don't give a fuck
>>
>>23071661
>tfw I'm a female and not on birth control so idk what an iud is either
also seafood is fucking gross bye
>>
>>23071661
You just explain it's unfortunately common that fags like to catfish and then get a specific pic.

And if they get insulted/refuse then they are probably catfishing. If you want to risk it then proceed with caution.

Simple.
>>
>>23071675
Talked to a catfisher (is that a thing) for quite a bit yesterday. Obviously was claiming to be a girl, tried to get me to send pics, but realized he was such when he sent me a picture of his own butt (unfortunately he's tried before and it looked familiar). I called him out for it because I wanted to know why he didn't just look for other bi/gay dudes. The gist of it is that he likes straight dudes.
>>
>>23071661
Meet people irl, problem solved awkward little boy.
>>
>>23071958
>implying that this isn't /soc/
>>
Expert catfisher here

I find good sets or use some I get from catfiishing. I never push just suggest and things fall into place

Ask me anything
>>
A simple reverse image search can spot out the lazy ones obviously. Texting while sending casual pics back and forth along with chatting over video usually puts my mind at ease.

Even with that, sometimes it's just too good to be true though so I stop talking to them.

The Scandinavian and N. European 'girls' I've talked to always made me feel like something had to be up. Even the ones I've met on TC had me second guessing.
>>
File: 1439072498669.png (228 KB, 563x1040) Image search: [Google]
1439072498669.png
228 KB, 563x1040
>>23071836
talked to him with idea of potentially meeting ?
or he was just fishing for pics

>>23071966
irl rejection is hard, though

>>23071970
catfishers have sad lives
what is there to ask someone so miserable

>>23072025
>something had to be up
probably that they are mentally unstable
>>
>>23072059
Well they were talking to me, that's kind of a given.
>>
>>23071675
This.

You talk to enough faggots trying to get pictures from straight guys and you don't even give a fuck anymore. You just say, I need some various timestamped pics of you to prove its you. If they pitch a fit about it, stick to your guns. Don't send any dick pics until they give you timestamp and/or Skype video call confirmation. Also, most women wont actually ask for dick pics. I've had a few want to see bulge pics, but that's about it. Skype call will definitely confirm it. I don't think there's anyway to fake that.
>>
Literally just ask for a timestamp with the date and current time.
>>
Catfish here. I've never been caught out on it in years. A time stamp is 100% the only way.
>>
>>23072059
Just fishing for pics.
>>
Jesus christ kids, it's 2016 and you're still struggling with this? Videos. Phone calls. Mutual friends. Having at least two thirds of a brain. Trusting your instincts. Not clinging onto things or obsessing over anyone new.
>>
>>23071661
Skype with the cam and speakers on, that's the only way. 100% guaranteed
>>
>>23071661
If they're above average in looks just get them to pull a funny face, either by you doing it first or asking them to do it or if it's on Kik reverse image search that shit.
>>
>>23073556
You're saying they've fallen for fake video chats?
>>
I've successfully photoshopped time stamps and faked video/voice calls.

it seems like the technology to test someone's identity has outpaced the technology to fake your identity. i get more done by tricking a stupid girl with just a few pictures than I would with fake video feeds and voice modifiers. the real key to success is choosing your targets wisely.

PS this is a parody post
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.