[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Femanons I need your help My girls.birthday is coming up and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8
File: IMG_20151227_000900.jpg (156 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151227_000900.jpg
156 KB, 600x600
Femanons I need your help

My girls.birthday is coming up and I want to buy her something like this

I know Jack and shit about makeup, how much would something like this cost?
>>
File: IMG_20151227_003012.jpg (93 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151227_003012.jpg
93 KB, 600x600
Or this
>>
Generally maybelline or MAC are good brand names, and if she wants good matte lipstick that doesn't come off, go for Jeffree Star's.
I have a 120 color eyeshadow palette from BH cosmetics and it was pretty cheap.
>>
for a cute gift i'd recommend too faced's the grand palais
>>
>>23037101
Can I hijack this thread to have some other femanons to discuss makeup with?
>>
File: IMG_20151227_004503.jpg (137 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151227_004503.jpg
137 KB, 600x600
>>23037212
N-no

I just wanna know what the price tag for everything in this picture would be

Help a brotha out
>>
ITT: Sexism & eyeliner.
>>
>>23037232
Lol expensive as fuck. That Naked smoky palette is 50 bucks, lipsticks there are probably 20 each. The NYX glosses are probably cheaper. Maybe 8 bucks each?
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 570x570
http://www.urbandecay.com/urban-eyeshadow-vault-by-urban-decay/UD716.html?cgid=new#start=9&cgid=new
Here's UD's eyeshadow vault. It's $245 buuut has 20 eyeshadows that are normally 20 bucks each. I'd promptly suck dick if a guy bought me this.
>>
>>23037232
B-but this is the only place on all of /soc/ where people actually want to talk about makeup for some reason, everywhere else is just a sausagefest of beta subs and sex fantasies...
>>
>>23037321
Fine you can use my thread for makeup discussion.
>>
Easily over 1000$, if she likes makeup I would recommend the Mac gift card for the create your ow palette. It's super nice and makeup is usually pretty personal.
>>
anyone know a good waterproof/24 hour liquid black eyeliner? skinny felt type application tip would be cool
>>
Ayy so can anybody actually help me with choosing good foundation? I'm always having trouble hanging out in makeup aisles due to self-consciousness and being, well... a boy in a makeup aisle. If I actually knew what I was looking for I could easily just pretend like my "girlfriend" gave me a "shopping list". However I always get very lost and unsure of exactly where I should start and I end up sitting there trying to consider what I'm getting while my brain gets slowed down trying to hold back the anxious thoughts of oh god what does everyone around me think of me please let it stop.

If I had someone to be my wingman and help focus me it would be nice, unfortunately now the only people I had to do that with are too far away currently. And /soc/ is really not helping, either, as they refuse to read the parts of my post where I say I'm NOT interested in sex.

I have powder but I'm thinking it's not what I'm looking for. Someone said you're supposed to "set" foundation with powder?
>>
>>23037101
Get her this, Urban Decay Electric. About 50-60 dollars. I recommend it.
>>
>>23037463
Depends on what you want the foundation to do. Do you want light coverage to just even skin tone or do you have blemishes/scarring to cover? Match the color with your neck. And yes powder is typically used to set foundation. I don't really use powder. I use a setting spray.
>>
>>23037496
Generally I recommend anything UD but that's not a very versatile palette. I'd go with any of the Naked palettes.
>>
Ok so I'm willing to spend as much as 1.5k

How much could I get with that? And how much fuck would I get with that as well
>>
>>23037496
Alternatively, you could get her the Vice 4 palette.
Similar shades, much better packaging. Chicks dig packaging for some reason.
If you're looking for anything else, ask yourself: what facial flaws does she complain about? Lashes too short?
>good quality mascara
Eyebrows too thin/non-existent?
>whatever that eyebrow pencil shit is
Face riddled with blemishes?
>cover up
You can always find some good extras to throw in too, like setting spray and primer. Keep in mind that good quality makeup is important, none of that pharmacy-tier BS. Tarte, Urban Decay, that kind of stuff is what you want to look out for.
>>
>>23037555
Nowadays there's a whole brow box. I'd stay away from foundations and powders because that's the most difficult to match skin color and type wise.
I'd go for all of Urban Decay's Naked palettes (there's 4), Urban Decay's flushed kit (comes with blush, highlighter, and bronzer), primer and setting spray are also good recommendations. As for brands, my favorites are Urban Decay, MAC, Too Faced, and NYX.
>>23037536
That dick wouldn't leave my mouth. Just sayin
>>
>>23037524
>Do you want light coverage to just even skin tone or do you have blemishes/scarring to cover?
Would it be too much to ask for both? XD
>Match the color with your neck.
hey it's a thing I actually know to do
or, at least I was taught to bring the foundation down to your neck to match it up with your face.

also, can bb cream be used as foundation or are those completely different products? At some point a friend suggested it to me when I was trying to find that stuff and when I looked for it it seemed more like a face wash than a foundation-type thing.
>>
>>23037232
>chanel
bruh a bottle of their nail polish is like $30
nars is pretty expensive, mac is somewhere in the middle, the drugstore brands (covergirl, nyc, etc) are obviously pretty cheap

>>23037389
this. makeup is expensive as fuck
>>
>>23037296
Oh, you would? Let's talk. Very serious.
>>
>>23037101
Depends on the brand. MAC/Urban Decay/other good brand names, easily several hundred dollars. ELF or some other drugstore brand, probably around 100-200. You should just get her a gift card to Ulta or Sephora or MAC. Most girls like to choose their own makeup because they know best what shades look nicest on themselves.
>>
>>23037755
Only if you were my boyfriend. And you're not. And I don't have one. So I guess I'm buying it myself and not sucking any dick.
>>
>>23037536
OP do yourself a favor and just get her a giftcard to Sephora. There she can choose any of the billion brands and types she wants. You're liable to pick things she personally hates even though that femanon loves, or owns, or crappy products because you have no knowledge of makeup.
>>
If I were you, I'd make a trip to Sephora and let the woman shop you. They're professionals. Don't listen to these nasty femanons that just discovered make up to hide their fucking crater faces.
>>
>>23037623
I use BB cream and then foundation. BB cream is tinted so it can be used for very minimal coverage. For foundation I use Urban Decay but honestly I haven't tried many so I wouldn't know what to recommend. Generally I use it for light coverage. If I have blemishes I just use concealer.
>>
>>23037536
OP PLS LISTEN TO
>>23038136

Youll probably pick the wrong shades ans brands that dont work for her. Just get her a giftcard and let her go crazy
>>
Oh, jeez, OP. There's hundreds of dollars in products in each pic you've posted.

If you want to pay for a spending spree, you'd be best off taking your girlfriend to the store after agreeing to a specific $ limit, giving her a gift card, or asking her for a highly detailed list of products she wants
>>
>>23037232
17 for each lipstick. Anywhere from 27-60 for foundation. Naked palette around 60. Mac 15 pan assuming it's the premade ones is 85
>>
>>23037101
It debends on how nice of a brand you get. Walmart brand maybe $40 or $60 for a big set. If you got like Lancome its $20 to $30 for just one lipstick.
>>
this is qt :-(
>>
File: IMG_0463.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0463.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>23037101
MAC isn't the only good brand out there and if you are going to buy them individually you are going to run your wallet dry.
MAC lip sticks are around $17 a piece but that lip gloss set in the back is $27ish for 4.

Also the eyeshadow pallet is Too Faced Chocolate Bar... I am surprised but it only is around $20.. most pallets cost around $60.
If you want to get her a really nice pallet the #1 seller is Urban Decay's Naked 2 and 3 pallets

This is part of my collection so far... feel free to ask any questions if you have them!
It goes without saying, I LOVE makeup. :p
>>
Is she a brand name snob with make up? If not just go on Amazon and you can get kits for 20-40$. I got one for my sister for Christmas and she's ecstatic. I don't wear much make up so I don't care much about brands. I wear mascara and eyebrow filler because I'm a natural blonde.
>>
>>23039708
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008PW0PY6/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?qid=1451236387&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX190_SY285_QL65&keywords=makeup+kit&dpPl=1&dpID=51oNJRWDCLL&ref=plSrch

This is what I got her.
>>
File: IMG_0452.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0452.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>23039700
I also wouldn't get her foundation or concealer. It's hard to match up the tone by eye so I would just stay away.

If you absolutely know her skin tone
SmashBox BB cream ($40) is good and so is
laura mercier liquid foundation ($34)

I use Naked Skin from urban decay ($28) for concealer with a lift.
There are 2 way to have concealer. Brighter than your tone for a more contoured look or neutral to hide blemishes.
If she has a lot of acne the neutral, clear skin probably the lift.

Make sure she has brushes and sponges for these things. Sephora sell nice beauty blenders and brushes but I know they can get a little pricy... Sometimes I just get drugstore sponges but always nice brushes.

This was my christmas haul (we all spoil each other for christmas in this house)
The BUXOM set from sephora is AMAZING and is around $60 (normally $135 but cheaper in set)
and there is a set of 4 sticks (not glosses) by bite beauty lipstick for around $25... amazing colors, I use them all the time.

ONE LAST THING THAT I SWEAR IS AMAZING.

Stila sells a liquid eyeliner pen and it is the best thing I have in my collection. I use it everyday. This is a link to sephora's page... they sell it for $22
http://www.sephora.com/stay-all-day-waterproof-liquid-eye-liner-P253818?skuId=1221084&om_mmc=ppc-GG&mkwid=s6Ou5k4uE&pcrid=50233218639&pdv=c&site=_search&country_switch=&lang=en&gclid=CjwKEAiAtf6zBRDS0oCLrL37gFUSJACr2JYb48ONs98fjvi1tVgcgPFKmwndw_aHAWYSOuyG-eNvwBoC3Cnw_wcB

Hope I helped. :)
>>
>>23039722
There are some really nice colors in there. Wondering what the application is like for the price.

>>23039708
There is a reason people are "name brand snobs" yes there are products that are good that aren't name brand. Most mascaras are great that aren't considered high end BUT things are name brand for a reason, because they are good.
>>
>>23039779
>there are products that are good that aren't name brand. Most mascaras are great that aren't considered high end BUT things are name brand for a reason, because they are good.
pretty much this. there are some things like mascara that I don't care much about brand and get it at Walmart, and it works great for me. as opposed to something like lipstick, which I buy exclusively from MAC. it all depends on the specific product and what you need out of it

op, just get her a gift card to Sephora or something
>>
What are the best brands?
>>
Just get her a fucking gift card like normal people who are buying shit for someone that they know nothing about.

Like other anons said, you're going to end up spending $1.5k on shit with the wrong formulation for her skin type, or the wrong shades (a lot of things they they go with every skintone and that's fucking LIES) or something she already has or doesn't need.

And why did you link this to FSA? You aren't buying any of us birthday presents, sweetie.

>>23040972
Depends strongly on the girl, but everyone seems to like Mac and Urban Decay. /cgl/ says god empress tier foundation is Laura Mercier but I have never tried it. Stila eye pencils are amazing, Individual preferences vary greatly, and some girls swear by certain products or types of product most other people don't use. And there are a lot of brands that make one specific sought after product and no one gives a fuck about the rest of their products. Or then you get people like me, who would buy a lot of indies brands or those zombie sheet masks they have on JList, because fuck you, I need zombie sheet masks.
>>
>>23041405
Don't forget Too Faced stuff. Oh, and HourGlass lip stains!
>>
>>23041405
>And why did you link this to FSA? You aren't buying any of us birthday presents, sweetie.
bitchy woman confirmed.
just help the man instead of being so snarky about it.
>>
>>23041865
I offered my best advice there, but I highly suspect this is our daily dose of troll thread.
>>
>>23041852
Yes! Or I know a few people who would shank someone for some of the rare LimeCrime Velvetines, still.
>>
>>23037232
At least over 600 right here. most of these are easy to steal from ulta or sephora.
>>
>>23041915
That's true, but don't shoplift them, anon. Buy them from shoplifters on Poshmark or Ebay!
>>
>>23041915
Ok... What's the easiest way to shoplift them
>>
>>23042927
If you have to ask someone you're going to get caught.
>>
File: 09348345.jpg (84 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
09348345.jpg
84 KB, 612x612
Listen here BOI.

If you want to get your gf on that victoria secret model make up status, then you need to get her GOOD BRANDS.

NO DRUGSTORE BRANDS.

Good brands include: Ubran Decay (eyeshadows & eyeshadow primer from here is the best, you can get her the "Naked" palette)

Mac: Setting spray, concealer, lipsticks

Sephora: I would recommend the Kat Von D eyeliner, its 19$. Cheapest top brand one and its better than any of the other more pricey ones I've tried.

Make up is tricky af. If you want to get her stuff I would recommend sticking to the eyeshadow & eyeshadow primer from Urban Decay, Liner from Kat Von D. You can also order this BOMB AF box of like 70 lashes from Amazon which I'm sure she'll like if she wears false lashes.

I would NOT recommend getting her anything along the lines of concealer or foundation, because every ones skin is different and I would just probably get her a gift card for that instead.
>>
>>23042982
I guess I need to try dat Kat Von D liner. Literally every eyeliner I use ends up smudging on me.
>>
>>23042927
Don't do that shit. You a scrub ass nigga if you gotta steal shit to give to your girl.
>>
>>23043001
Just joking I can afford it
>>
>>23042995
Yassss. Trust, I started with the Stila liquid pen liner, it's really good but it dries out in a month.
Then I tried the Urban Decay liquid liner stick and that one smudged on my crease.
I just got the Kat Von D and I've been testing it, get the brush tip one. It's like bristles and it gives you way more control, it's dark af, and it lasts all day. The only time it smudged was at the VERY end of the day when I had been wearing it for like 12+ hours and my whole face was looking beat at that point buahhaa.
>>
Shirt makeup seems so complicated. Just do giftcard, make up for lack of effort with increased dollar amount.
>>
>>23041887
Even if this thread is troll maybe some chicks will learn a thing or two. Always good stuff to know.
>>
Ask her friends or relatives (ones she actually likes) what she finds useful.
>>
>>23042995
I have to say I disagree with the other poster. I've had a Kat Von D pens that have either exploded on me, dried up, or the pen itself feathered. To me, they market hard to the younger crowd but their quality isn't that great (at least with my extensive experience with their liquid eye liners). I kept buying it until I decided to buy a liner set from Stila and never went back. Stila is really great, I've been using it for months and it still hasn't dried out (mind you, I use it every day). The liner also produces a thin beautiful line.
>>
>>23041899
Doesn't LimeCrime repackage from cheaper products/ brands? I wouldn't support a company like that. You may be better off going with other indie makeup brands.

See:
http://www.racked.com/2015/9/28/9392021/lime-crime-doe-deere-hated-xenia-vorotova
>>
>>23037101
Makeup is very expensive anon. Those chanel lipglosses are $30 each, if all those lipsticks are all MAC (they aren't all but its one of the cheaper brands) then they are about $15, so thats about $500 worth of lipstick in that picture. I recognize three of the 4 of the seven eyeshadow palettes there (three Naked palettes, Too Faced Chocolate Bar) so thats $212 worth of eyeshadow and that is without counting the other two eyeshadow palettes and the MAC contour(?) palette.

So that image is AT MINIMUM $700. That is without sales tax.

>>23037119
Gonna guess that's like $130
>>
>>23037536
Get her a giftcard for Sephora. At Sephora spending that much will allow her to actually reap rewards benefits for even more stuff.

Its very difficult to pick out colors for yourself, let alone other people.
>>
>>23039708
Personally I think there is great value in getting to swatch the makeup that they have in Sephora, regardless I've been let down with some of my Amazon purchases. Its happened at Sephora too but at least its easy to return for a refund.
>>
>>23037101
I couldn't tell if that was dildos or crayons from the thumbnail.
>>
Makeup is a self-sustaining self-destructing habit much like smoking.

>become insecure
>wear makeup
>makeup destroys skin
>require more makeup

If you really care about your girl, give her a complement for her birthday so she isn't so goddamn insecure about herself.
>>
As many femanons already said, the best thing is to get her a gift card.
If you get her something that she doesn't like, she will be so much more disappointed. If she gets by herself something that she doesn't like in the end (and oh god, that happens a lot when women are buying makeup), she can blame only herself.
And girls love to shop, spend time choosing their makeup, so in a way, you are depriving her of that pleasure.

If you are insisting on buying by yourself, get help from sales assistants in store. Preferably, not the ones with orange faces.

Also, in that case, get her high-end stuff. Shitty makeup will make her skin will age faster.

Urban Decay, their Naked palettes, it is a sure thing, unless she already has those, which is highly possible if she is into makeup.
Ciaté are having a really nice range of lipsticks right now.
Charlotte Tilbury is good quality stuff.
Lancome has the best mascaras, IMO.
Benefit has great highlighters.
NARS for the blushes.
Tom Ford has some awesome stuff as well.
Throw in some Sigma brushes.
Maybe some makeup storage, brush holder, stuff for cleaning the brushes, etc. All those things that we need but aren't fun to shop for.
>>
Ask her what she likes
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.