[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone explain to me why I can't get a gf after 27 goddamn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: yh17289he17he19.jpg (78 KB, 1004x581) Image search: [Google]
yh17289he17he19.jpg
78 KB, 1004x581
Can anyone explain to me why I can't get a gf after 27 goddamn years?

I'm convinced that it must be my looks because women display blatant disinterest before I even open my mouth. Am I really that unattractive?

And no, I'm not fishing for compliments. I'm genuinely curious if I have some sort of reverse body dysmorphic disorder / Elliot Rodger's syndrome.
>>
>>23026800
you look fine

you either arent trying hard enough or you're saying some ridiculously cringey shit

give me an example conversation where you hit on a girl (include the setting)
>>
Become a gay, then I would be your bf :D
>>
>>23026800
Fem here, you look great. Would date if you have confidence.
>>
I'm a straight dude, so my opinion don't mean shit, but i think you're...average or so. Girls aren't gonna knock down your door and make moves on you (well...it's happened to me once or twice, but don't count on it). So you know, be confident and don't give up because of a little rejection. I mean, DO give up on that girl if she rejects you, but just move on.
>>
>>23026878
i'd say this dude is above average
>>
>>23026800
Must be your body language then.
>>
>>23026800
You might also keep in mind that you might be chasing after a certain "type" that you've idolized in your mind, and as it turns out, that "type" isn't one that is interested in someone like you. Half the battle is meeting people in the first place. You gotta get out there and let the random encounters happen, but also...actually try to find and meet new, single women. That's where I fail, because getting to know new people all the time is like a special kind of hell to me, and I sure as fuck don't want to be paying for anyone's dinner while I do it. But them's the breaks, and I accept the low likelihood of a girlfriend falling into my lap...for a third or fourth time.
>>
Maybe it's because you spend all day playing hearthstone and "ironically" proclaiming your desire to be cucked by a slutbag attentionwhore with a pony fetish
>>
>>23026899
I dunno, he sorta fits a mold of short-bearded white dudes who all look roughly the same to me. Attractive, sure, but still doesn't stand out above the general "yeah, he's not unattractive" bar in my mind. (again, straight dude whose opinion doens't matter here. I'm not gonna fuck him)
>>
>>23026899
>>23026878
being white already makes you above average desu senpai
>>
File: 1352737268609.gif (2 MB, 176x144) Image search: [Google]
1352737268609.gif
2 MB, 176x144
>>23026935
Someone's never seen the average /r9k poster
>>
>>23026800
do gay stuff occasionally and the gurlz will craze for you.
believe me.
>>
File: 1391304416968.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1391304416968.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>23026800
funneyHY faEce LOL
>>
>>23026800
It's cause you turn your head too much
>>
>>23026957
But I can't stand homo shit, nor do I want to go out with someone who finds guys acting like fags attractive.
>>
>>23026800
You look average I guess. I wouldn't give you a second glance but I wouldn't be repulsed by you either.
I know a friend or two might give you a chance because they're into more serious softspoken "daddy" types. (I'm assuming decent job from the suit)
>>
>>23026973
Are you...funny or something? Learn how to be funny. Bitches love that shit.
>>
>>23026869
>if you have confidence.
typical

Some of us (read: me) just aren't confident. The fuck are those guys supposed to do?
>>
>>23026988
see:
>>23026979

In my experience, humor (the right kind of humor) brings defenses down and make things more comfortable.
>>
>>23026979
I grew on on The Simpsons and Seinfeld and constantly watch stand-up, the problem is my "jokes" are generally too crude or esoteric for casual conversation.
>>
Because you're too busy helping Mulder and Scully hack into shit
>>
gnfos _(DOT)_ com/jp/res/223475.html

You faggots here still won't understand what's going on even when you see this, but that's ok.
>>
>>23027007
Same, kinda. Big Simpsons nerd, love Seinfeld and some standup. You're gonna have to soften the edges a bit, probably. I make references all the time, but only after I know the audience will get them.

Otherwise, I...make situational jokes aimed at no one but myself. Like the other day, a coworker said he had a doctor's appointment for his yearly physical. I said (just loud enough for the people close to me to hear) "pfft, physical. Last time a doctor asked me about a physical, I went to a different doctor." Comes across as maybe a little lame in text, but it had my coworkers doing their best to hold back laughter on a conference call. So I dunno, work on that.
>>
File: 1400178062303.gif (304 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1400178062303.gif
304 KB, 360x270
Hahahahahah looooooooooooool jp offshoot brossssssss xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>23027025
If you're familiar with Larry David - I'm basically him.
>>
>>23026800
your looks have absolutely nothing to do with it.

grow up. get out more. experience weird shit. why are you even concerned with dating? go have fun while your young jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>23027032
>>23027032
Yeah, and he seems like an abrasive dick who would be hard to be around IRL.You either gotta embrace the fact that you're unlikable or find a way to play to the crowd long before telling them to fuck themselves.
>>
>>23027039
Because I need a gf to weather the cripplingly lonely nights alone and to ward off my seemingly endless bout of depression.

>>23027045
So basically I have to learn to live with the fact that I'll always be a miserable, lonely fuck like Larry?
>>
>>23027055
There will be people who appreciate the "realness" and no bullshit approach. My experience has been that none of them will be your girlfriend though. I mean, I'm an acquired when I'm at my worst (which is antisocial, low tolerance for anyone's excuses or bullshit behavior, with a willingness to call them out on it), but I have my good moments where people enjoy being around me for fun.

The people who appreciate that may be hard to find though, seeing how they probably aren't interested in other people as a rule.
>>
>>23027080
acquired taste*
>>
>>23027080
Sounds like I'm pretty fucked in the getting a gf department then.

Then again, I sort of came to accept that might be the case when I majored in Computer Science so it's not really a surprise. Still pretty depressing, though.
>>
>>23027103
work your way into a girl dude! my sense of humor doesn't hold me back, you just have to go light on it and then slowly convert her.
>>
>>23026973
baka desu senpai, this is why you find yourself in your current state. gay stuff doesn't need to be faggy, there are macho gays out there you know.
>>
>>23027145
The fuck did you just call me?
>>
>>23027156
baka desu senpai
>>
From reading your responses and looking at your pics I can't really see why you'd still be single. You're very cute, and you seem interesting and down to earth. I'd probably date you if you wandered into my life.

Signed, a 6/10 femanon (So, not the audience you're seeking, but probably the audience that's interested.)
>>
File: 1450813288409.jpg (135 KB, 1120x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450813288409.jpg
135 KB, 1120x1080
>>23027164
>>
>>23027103
I work in IT myself, and I dealt with basically all the problems you've got.
I'm not saying I'm all super normal and outgoing or anything, but I've got a
handle on it these days, at 29. So here's the thing: Your personality and your
behavior aren't something handed down to you from on high that can't be changed.
The way you are now isn't and shouldn't be the way you are in two years, or ten
years. You need to adapt and figure out new ways to fit into the world, or you
WILL be stuck exactly where you are indefinitely. Like I said before, figure out
how to soften yourself up for the masses. I know how the whole "I don't want to
pretend to be someone I'm not" thing goes, and that's not what I'm saying. I'm
saying you try to become someone different for yourself, and so you're not
wasting your cycles being miserable over things you can't control. Let it go,
and embrace apathy. Life is so much easier when your attitude is "I'll live."
Got reject? Oh well, guess you shouldn't try that line again.

Anyway, I'm rambling. The point is, you need to focus on yourself and not so much on "I'm gonna die alone." Even if you get a girlfriend, you're going to find that these things come back to bite you in the ass in relationships ALL THE TIME.
>>
sigh
>>
>>23027195
==STOP POSTING REIMU!==
>>
File: 1238402971668.jpg (29 KB, 369x309) Image search: [Google]
1238402971668.jpg
29 KB, 369x309
>>23027343
I'd like to see you try and make me.
>>
l'ennui feelio
>>
>>23027164
Are you trying to say the op is worse than a 6/10?
>>
Maybe you're just a giant asshole/douchebag and you radiate it. That could be a reason. People can detect bad personalities a lot easier than you think.
>>
>>23026978

Hell yeah
>>
gnfos.com
>>
>>23028082

Hell yeah
>>
Wanna hook up bby boy 14/f/cali (make a mess of me and jerk off to it >.<)
>>
gnfos
>>
>>23026800
>can't get a gf after 27 goddamn years
J-just how old are you.

>I'm convinced that it must be my looks
Nah, you look fine, no homo. So it's your personality.

>>23026988
Develop as a person and become confident? Only few women expect you to be a stereotypical alpha, just have a normal level of confidence.

>>23027055
>I need a gf to weather the cripplingly lonely nights alone and to ward off my seemingly endless bout of depression
No just no. In that case you need a therapist.
>>
>>23026800
>27 years
Wow. Been looking for girls ever since you've popped out of the womb, eh?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.