[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is my shit on okcupid any good? Tips? Anything to remove or add?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10
File: rate me.png (45 KB, 551x799) Image search: [Google]
rate me.png
45 KB, 551x799
Is my shit on okcupid any good?
Tips?
Anything to remove or add?

Also be advised that even what I have is very artificial, trying to be appealing to the girls
>>
>what I have is very artificial, trying to be appealing to the girls
We can tell.
There isn't any red flags or anything bad on here, it's just a very generic very boring profile.
Perhaps you could write something more specific on your summary or friday night section? Like what would you do with someone who was interested? Where would you take them? What are you looking for (other than just to vaguely "hang out", do you want to netflix and chill, go see shows/movies, have a drinking buddy, etc?
Vague is good to some degree because it provides for a wider audience, but it gets to a point where you might as well have nothing on your profile because I still know nothing about you.
So my advice is basically just put some more personality on it. It's a very blah profile that I for one would easily overlook.
>>
>>22987291
>foot behind your leg
Unless you are a girl, thats useless. But i don't think you are
>>
>>22987291
Its the fucking internet who cares
>Beta as shit
>>
>>22987388
Shit this is hard because I literally stay in my house all the time and only leave for school.
Trying to edit it will post results in a bit
>>
File: trying again.png (50 KB, 574x822) Image search: [Google]
trying again.png
50 KB, 574x822
Heres an update

I feel kinda bad about asking this but can any of you just spoon feed me some bullshit to put on it that you think will be good?

I obviously cant say "Its winter break so I'm temporarily a NEET who never leaves his house, browses chans and plays video games all day, and only made this profile to try to have sex with you"
>>
>>22987464
You should put I am extremely boring/uninteresting and need my hand held to do things
>>
>>22987291

You sound boring. I hope you have great pics, but I doubt it.
>>
>>22987464
>I obviously cant say

It would get way more responses than the generic lame bullshit you have now.
>>
>>22987430
>>22987464
Lol I feel ya, I'm the same way. I hate the dreaded "what are your hobbies" questions because I have none. At least that are social, like all I want to do is watch tv and shit. Just gotta spin it to make it sound cooler than it is really.
>only made this profile to try to have sex with you
Well, I may be in the minority on this, but I think saying something along those lines is beneficial. Women who aren't interested in hookups dont have to waste their time or yours, and women who are don't have to beat around the bush to find out what you want.
It might reduce your amount of contacts to be blunt like that,
>plays video games
I'd put that in there. Adds to your character and interests.
>>
>>22987930
You guys are fucking boring nobodys
>get a grip
>>
File: 1412311297500.jpg (14 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1412311297500.jpg
14 KB, 413x395
>>22987940
>Says the guy posting on 4chan
And in the shittiest board aimed for nobodies at that. We're all here for a reason anon, accept that if you were cooler you wouldn't be posting here either.
>>
>>22988028
Im not op
>>
>>22988047
I know, I understand how ID's work.
You're still posting on 4chan/soc, OP or anon.
You're still here are you not?
>>
File: 1449731259683.jpg (541 KB, 731x1024) Image search: [Google]
1449731259683.jpg
541 KB, 731x1024
Anyone here got any good ideas of what I can lie about to make me seem like I don't sit in my house all day?
>>
>>22988149
I'm not asking questions like op
>>
>>22988175
Get a job.
>>
>>22987291
>super bored lately
Shows that's you're a loser who can't use his time.

>trying to ... anything
Just motherfucking do it.

Then you generally sound boring going by the stuff you're good at. Phone and car are two things..., again another proof that you're boring and can't fill the shit with something entertaining. Vague as fuck about future. Okay if you're 18, not okay if you're 20 or older. Vague as fuck about the next answer. Boring and uninspired reason for messaging. At least some of your media shit is alright.

Sorry if it sounds harsh or rude, just my first impression after reading your shit.
>>
File: 2155214214.png (52 KB, 570x822) Image search: [Google]
2155214214.png
52 KB, 570x822
>>22988337
No your fine this is what I need to hear
Sugar coating shit wont get me laid

Hows this?
>mfw the lies and half truths just keep piling on
>>
>>22988337
>>22988442
*just removed the trying to send shitty text bit to sending shitty texts

Removed all "tryings" from the whole thing
>>
>>22988442
Cut the "lol" for the sake of Jesus our Lord and savior.
"Shitty professors" CAN work with young girls but will turn down the more mature ones, though guess they aren't your priority when talking about getting laid, so all good.
Another "lol", what the fuck, man.
Spelling "computer" right wouldn't hurt.
Friday thing could use some expanding. Message thing too and it's probably the most important part.

Definitely better than the first version though.

>mfw the lies and half truths just keep piling on
Then start making lies real. Bullshitting works only so far.
>>
File: 2152154.png (54 KB, 566x837) Image search: [Google]
2152154.png
54 KB, 566x837
>>22988523
alright heres this
is the christmas lights thing good or bad?

also I really dont know what to say for the message part
>>
You have better luck finding someone putting an hour effort into your picture than 10 hours into your description.
>>
>>22987464
>>22988175
You could try becoming a more interesting person. You don't seem smart enough to maintain a lie about yourself long enough to get into a girl's pants.

Pretending to be a writer or a day trader or something is just going to make you look incredibly pathetic when you can't back up your bullshit.

>>22989211
Agreed, but dumb essays can undo that work. (part of why I like Tinder better) Short and snappy has worked really well for me... long essays seem really conceited in hindsight.

And aren't the best photos sort of effortless? I thought about staging a "candid shot" in my studio to show off my creative side but the whole idea felt really cringey.
>>
>>22989211
>>22991145
is my pic bad?
also seriously cant you come up with anything I can lie about?
I need something to get the ball rolling and I think I can take it from there
>>
>>22989148
"shitty professors" and "shitty texts" makes you sound a little whiny. I haven't done AB testing or anything like that, but anecdotally I can say my results have been much, much better when I don't put anything overtly negative in my profile.

That doesn't mean you want to sound like a boyscout, but just don't complain.

>>22991172
Women are attracted to passion. What are you passionate about? Try to think of something you do, rather than something you consume (like music or movies).
>>
>>22991200
I literally don't do anything except browse the internet, play video games, and go to school.

I managed to get into a fraternity but they aren't letting me in until next semester because of some gay technicality about me joining too late, and my only contact inside the fraternity hasn't responded to me in forever so either he is incredibly busy, lost his phone, or has cut off contact with me.

I know where their house is though and I know when school is on that every other week they host a party there from 10pm-2am on either Friday or Saturday night, so when it starts back up if he wont respond I will just go there and find him (he is always there)

I also know another spot where he hangs around in the commons so I can try there
But yeah other than long term planning to eventually come a scientist this is my life

I don't know why girls need you to be "fun" or "interesting" to just shut up and spread their legs but if I have to fake it then fine
>>
>>22991200
also one anon said that sounding a tad whiny could be good for the younger girls, I dont care how old they are but I guess that the older they are the less likely they are to want an 18 year old?
so I guess its wiser to try to appeal to the demographic thats more likely to have an interest in me
>>
>>22991217
>I don't know why girls need you to be "fun" or "interesting" to just shut up and spread their legs
Look dude, I'm guessing you think you're like a certain level of attractiveness. Maybe a 6, or a 7 if you have nice facial aesthetics and are a little fit.

But guess what, nobody wants to be friends with an angsty NEET who thinks other people are supposed to let you treat them like a piece of meat. And even slutty women are looking for a friend they can fuck, and who won't interfere with them fucking their other fuckfriends. This is all rooted in our instincts for mate selection--for women, that means avoiding weak little niggers with no drive or ambition.

Even dudes who "play" lots of women have to put some effort in to at least keep up a facade of being interesting. You're too lazy to even do that.

Look at it another way--why would anyone waste their time on you? Most women would rather accept a nonexclusive relationship with a guy who is worth their time than have a lazy, mopey shitheel like you.

I'm assmad because I used to think a bit like you, and the only thing that shook me out of it was getting a real job that gave me some self worth and the friendship of real men.

FWIW I've been in bed with two attractive, career oriented women in the last two days, and I never had to lie, drop cheesy lines, or even flirt. I treated them like friends, got them accustomed to intimacy with gentle touch, and kissed them without hesitation. I was strong and decisive without being a possessive, needy cunt.
>>
>>22991241
I doubt you'll have much luck as an 18yo on OKC.

Girls your age are looking for something different from what they can get on campus (ie, older men). Older women are looking for a serious relationship or a fuckbuddy with some experience.

Get out and mingle with your classmates. Literally just talk to women. Attractive ones, ugly ones, ones that are way out of your league. Get comfortable with women. With that experience, you can use online dating to confidently meet women outside your social circle, and build up leads and perhaps have multiple partners/shorter dry spells between partners.
>>
>>22991286
I am well aware that no girl wants to be around me if they know what I am really like
And I never said I wasn't willing to try to put up a facade of being interesting I said I wasn't sure how

And I am not a NEET ok, college is out until mid January and I have no control over it
My semester just ended

>>22991325
I cant go around and mingle everyone has gone home
>>
>>22991172
>seriously cant you come up with anything I can lie about?

uhh, why the fuck can't you? seriously?
>>
>>22991445
whatever I already did
lied about dirtbikes and fourwheelers and other shit
>>
>>22991426
I can't really give you advice on being interesting, aside from be loyal to your passions and hobbies. Maybe you should start a project with your time off instead of trying to get laid.

If you take care of your body and aren't an asshole, even painting fucking warhammer will turn some women on.

Other than that, go out and get lost in your city. Pick up the daily free paper and look up events and exhibits that are happening in your area. Art gallery openings, free concerts, museums. The other thing is that these are often also FUN. No guarantees that you'll meet women, but that's ok. Chat up an attractive woman twice your age!

Take some solace in the fact that while your female classmates will peak in attractiveness somewhere between 18 and 25, men get more desirable (and yes, interesting) as they get older. I know a guy in his 50's who makes a pretty normal middle class living, and he can make 19yo models cream their panties.
>>
>>22991455
Dunno where you live, but most city girls will think that shit is stupid.

Keywords: Art, Music, Sport (the kind you play, not the kind you watch), Theater, Film, Woodworking or any handicraft, Any outdoor activity that doesn't involve guns, and so on.
>>
>>22991513
Alright cool these are some things I can lie about
Literally all of those lol
>>
>>22991513
decided not to go with music, theater, film, or wood working
lied and said I like to paint, play basketball, and hiking

also why not gunz?
thats the only thing that I actually like doing but its really rare that I get to
>>
Also for the "message me if" how is
"If you want to drive around and do whatever, got a bunch of movies I've been meaning to get around to"
>>
>>22987400
>trying to be appealing to the girls

there's your problem. once girls know you're trying to impress them they check out. have fun with your profile. post some goofy shit. let them know you're just looking for a good time.
>>
File: 1450508928413.jpg (32 KB, 530x349) Image search: [Google]
1450508928413.jpg
32 KB, 530x349
>>22991532
>dont make an effort and they reject you
>make an effort and they reject you

cant wake up
>>
>>22991527
Well, chicks are more likely to be scared of guns, and ascribe to retarded progressive ideas about why only government stormtroopers should have weapons. It may not hurt, but it will rarely help.

Any chick I want to keep around for a while, I usually just tell her that I own a few for shooting paper with friends and don't make a big deal about it.
>>
>>22991538
It's freeing once the implications sink in. Just do your own thing and don't sweat chasing pussy.

It still stings, because when I meet a woman I think is really amazing, I immediately want to start doing boyfriend shit for her and commit, instead of having the attitude that she needs to prove herself to be gf material. It helps to have a fuckbuddy, so you're not all desperate for pussy--do all your thinking with the big head!
>>
File: 724367.png (60 KB, 562x887) Image search: [Google]
724367.png
60 KB, 562x887
>>22991557
Its impossible for me to not sweat it
I want it so fucking bad

Also heres an update on the profile
>>
>>22991565
Sounds a little tryhard but not bad. Maybe pick one interest and expand on it a little. A specific book you're reading or a painter you like. Again, it really helps if you ACTUALLY have an interest in this shit. At some point, a woman may ask you a question IRL and you'll have to say something more than "I jus lik art n staff lol"

I know that feel bro, I was 18 once too. Your classmates are just as horny though. Hang tight with your bros once school is back in session and just imagine that every woman wants to fuck you. That kind of optimism will make you confident, which will be attractive--and that miserable tautology is sort of what keeps the human race going.

In the short term, my honest advice is to get the fuck out of the house. Send ten messages on OKC, then don't look at it til tomorrow evening. Go take some photos of a landmark in your city. Next time you're chatting up some girl, show her all your photos and talk about the history of the place.

Again, try to remember that life actually is interesting and full of wonder. Even nerdy shit like the history of the big cathedral downtown is ACTUALLY REALLY FUCKING COOL and people who are too "cool" to be interested in life are lazy niggers.
>>
>>22991565
Not too bad.
>>
>>22991565

Much better than the original. Glad you dropped the "super bored" bit. Bored people are boring. Makes it sound like you expect the other person to unbore/interest you.
>>
File: 1449289321299.gif (225 KB, 283x198) Image search: [Google]
1449289321299.gif
225 KB, 283x198
So anything else I can add?
>>
>>22987291

>"Very Bored lately"

only boring people get bored.
>>
>>22987291
Very good. It's nice to just hint that you're a supreme gentleman rather than outright give it away with a fedora pic.
>>
>>22987291
You like Rick and Morty? How about instead of saying that you post a few of your favorite quotes, or even write your post like Rick?

Don't be generic and boring. Post it with humor. Joke about things. Don't "appeal" to us, be a man and fucking write what you love doing. Confident, direct, man.
>>
File: 52154125215.png (13 KB, 556x247) Image search: [Google]
52154125215.png
13 KB, 556x247
>>22995777
You sure writing like rick would be good?
I dunno if any of them would get the reference even with the show named

Heres what I got though if you think I should
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.