[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's got you down?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 13
File: 5445b2ce.gif (475 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
5445b2ce.gif
475 KB, 320x180
What's got you down?
>>
I'll start: I just found out that I'm going to be alone for Christmas because my friend that invited me flaked out. No other friends around because they all went home to their families. I'm estranged from my family this year and lonely and sad.
>>
>>22982448
It's alright, anon
I'm going home for Christmas for a week, but I'm alone the other 358 days of the year
You get used to it
>>
I realized that i have no friends. I know a group of people for 8 months but we never talk or hang out apart from going out on friday nights where they just message me if i will come or not.
>>
File: hnnnnnnn.jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
hnnnnnnn.jpg
48 KB, 500x500
>>22982438
The boy I like isn't paying me any attention and being endlessly flippant about it while insisting he still likes me.

Everyone is gonna see Star Wars before me and spoil it as I work from tomorrow until xmas day and won't have time to see it. Abloo, abloo.
>>
My ex is posting his picture all over /soc/ hitting on girls while wearing a jacket I bought him. We broke up after he cheated on me with apparently multiple girls.
>>
>>22982438
The fact I feel like i'm in a videogame, realizing i'm unlikable. Also fucked my backup doing squats lastnight.
>>
I moved to a new city and got no friends. So now I'm turning into a robot
>>
>>22982574
who, anon?
send me a link to his jacket so i can procrastinate
>>
>>22982574
KEKED
>>
Somebody on the periphery of my friendship group that I knew quite well suddenly died. We weren't terribly close but it's still pretty sobering
>>
File: 1450322775725.jpg (9 KB, 288x270) Image search: [Google]
1450322775725.jpg
9 KB, 288x270
>>22982438
Not enough hours at my new job(only 15 this week, and 15 next week), not getting out on time since I gotta do recovery/make sure aisles look good, being forced to go to college and pay with it with my own money unless I wanna get kicked out of my house, not enough money for college, and having no friends to actually hang out with and haven't had any since high school.
>>
>>22982566
you need to get out of 4chan right now!
spoilers are flooding around even in soc,
some fucker even put on a threat OP (it appear even from the catalog :(
>>
>>22982566
Fucking tell me about it, it's like I can't use the net until Sunday (when I'm seeing it)
>>
missing my ex :/ he was such a manipulative person though... but something about him just keeps me attracted and it's not healthy. hence why I broke up with him.
>>
File: Choices.png (52 KB, 721x463) Image search: [Google]
Choices.png
52 KB, 721x463
>>22983208
Thats what my ex said I was, but I guess I am... Even though it was kind of a hypocritical statement.
>>
Don't know what to do at this point in my life.
Nearly 25. Never had a real job. Don't really have a resume.
I just don't know what direction to go. The worst part is my family is asking all kinds of questions about what I'm doing.
I have no idea how to answer them.
>>
I don't have a gf with ridiculous fetishes like me
>>
>Good friend started ignoring me a few months ago
>I offer to take them to a convention later that year, they love conventions
>Turn me down
>begin religiously ignoring me and only saying shit like "I'm busy." or "I'm at work." once in a while to sate me for a little bit.
>Keep getting more and more pissed that they utterly refuse to talk to me and just ignore me and never say shit.
>I even ask "Do you want me to leave you alone?"
>No response
>Complain to a friend of both of ours a week ago
>They tell me "She said to tell you go away, I don't want to listen to you, you're too clingy."
>I only got that bad because they started ignoring me like it was their job and would never reply if more than half an hour passed since I sent a message
>I always had to start conversation
>I always had to start conversation with everyone I know
>I'm cold and alone all winter in the most temperately indecisive state in the U.S.
I hate my life. Even videogames don't cheer me up. I'm just depressed while having fun.
>>
the only 4 friends I have work nights and I work days so there's never time to hang out at all. Had a girlfriend of 5 years to keep me company and go out with but that broke apart a week ago. Still just crying over that because college ended up not being for me, I work a decent enough job but everything in my life is uncertain and feels day to day so the one place i found stability and certainty is suddenly gone. I'm socially awkward, i don't know how or where to go out to meet new friends -- it never worked at school and i always felt forced and fake when trying with no results and I work with people 40+. i've never hit on a girl before so i have no idea how to find another girlfriend though i don't feel i want one anytime soon. i still worry about my ex being okay, I sit around thinking about the "what if" scenarios, I have too much free time and nothing to do with it so all i do is dwell on my loneliness.

not as bad as the rest of you anons but i've never felt so low
>>
File: 7c9.png (97 KB, 790x773) Image search: [Google]
7c9.png
97 KB, 790x773
>>22982438
>What's got you down?

i meet the physical manifestation of my perfect woman, hit it off spectacularly, was supposed to have our first date today, and she might as well have dropped off the planet.

sent a text to verify plans for the evening/night, no response, tried to call (just once) a few hours later, about the time i told her i would leave, no answer.

it just fucking hurts because this seems to be par for the course with just about every woman i meet.

i really wish i knew what the fuck wrong im doing.
>>
severe dog bite from work, crush lives too far away, and I feel extremely lonely and bad about myself
>>
this will be my first christmas with my mother being dead and she was the only thing i had left. luckily i will be working on christmas even until 7am christmas morning, and will spend mosto f christmas day asleep.

holidays don't mean muc hto me, but everyone and their mother feel the need to bring up the fact that my mom is dead to somehow comfort me

i will just sleep and turn off the phone, i suppose
>>
File: 7r2wjeg.gif (845 KB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
7r2wjeg.gif
845 KB, 460x259
My ex is coming over for Christmas and our mutual friend wants us to hang out and it just hurts pretending i don't have feelings for her anymore. We're still solid friends and I'm scared that if I say anything weird, it will just drive her away, like if i tell her that I missed her when she's away or that she means a lot to me would creep her out. I just wish I knew where she stood on all this. Anyone have advice? Should I open my dumb mouth?
>>
Life.
>>
>>22985343
who stays friends with an ex.

dude we dont know what the scenario is. think honestly, if she broke up with you, your odds are probably extremely low.

plus why would you want to redate and ex anyway? you tried and it didnt work move on,
>>
File: 1433042062865.jpg (38 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1433042062865.jpg
38 KB, 500x375
>lonely
>haven't talked to anyone outside of my family in a week
>it doesn't feel like christmas at all, i don't think we're even doing anything this year
>i fucking want some friends to hang out with so much
>tfw no gf
>today's the first day i left my house since friday and it was to go do chores at my grandma's (she's crippled right now and isn't in her house)
>i'm going crazy doing nothing all day and night
>tfw no gf
>tfw no gf
>tfw no gf
>>
>>22985388
start playing old school runescape. thatll give you something to do for the next 8 years
>>
>caught between a family inheritance battle
>Have to take care of my cancer ridden mother
>Whole family hates me because I don't pick a side
>All my friends leave me because I'm no longer happy like I was 4 years ago
>Cant make friends in university because of depression and differences in ideals.
>No money
>Anyone who still makes an attempt to talk to me does it out of pity
>Industry I'm going into promotes isolation and fake relationships.
>Pent-up anger gets me into fights, so I get the shit kicked out of me.
>poor health in general
>The realization that I'm going to be alone the rest of my life.

I could go on, but whats the point. I'm not a cute girl so /soc/ wont care. Typing this is the same as typing it out on notepad. Just a simple bitter reminder of how shitty I am as a person.
>>
>>22985379
ill try. i just miss being content with life and the fact that she used to provide that is maybe just going to my head. thank you for the advice.
>>
>>22985402
wait so what are you going to do?
>>
I lost my job because a guy faked some emails, said they were from me, and the company just believed him. There's no fucking proof. I offered to let them scour through my phone and laptop. Didn't even consider it. I'm considering taking the matter to the police, but what's the point? I've already lost my job, I don't have the money for legal representation.

To make things worse, I now can't afford Christmas, I have this wound on my back, but I've stopped going for my daily redressing appointments because I've run out of dressings and I can't afford any more and I've lost literally the only friend I had because she's a company girl, who just believes that I must've done it because "they wouldn't sack you without proof"
>>
>>22985388
Bro I was >tfwnogfing so hard today, it's getting worse I need therapy

Or a gf but they wouldn't want desperate guys like this that's what I've heard
>>
>>22985493

oh yeah, and obviously,

>tfwnogf
>>
>>22985212
I'm so sorry. Work should at least keep you busy. Hopefully you'll find someone else to be there for you one day.

>>22985394
I'm sorry anon I care :)
>>
>I hate my relationship
>I only like my gf like a friend
>fucking her is a test of will
>I want a girl with big tits and semi interesting personality and this is she likes, non clingy/very casual relationship
>>
My inability to ever feel like I've done a good job at anything. Self-loathing, etc.

Lack of any close friendships.
>>
>>22982438
URAAAANIUM FEVER
>>
>>22982438
>Poor
>Gonna be a sad Christmas
>Recently started going to /r9k/
>Fit in perfectly with all the 'kinda' suicidal people there.
>Realize my chances of changing for the better are almost non-existant
>Have personality disorder that makes it highly unlikely I will get gf/wife in my lifetime.

Theres much more but I'd rather not bore you with all the details.

I don't think I have a reason to not be 'down.'
>>
It's got me down and up. I'm finally interested in having a girlfriend, which is super motivating. However, being fat is a big damper on the situation. I'm losing weight, but it's gonna take a long while to not be fat anymore. In the meantime, I basically have this negative mental image of myself as appearing as a horrible grease monster to some gentle soul I actually want to comfort and make happy.

It's just fucked up self pity, but I'll be damned if it isn't disheartening all the same.
>>
File: ab.jpg (33 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
ab.jpg
33 KB, 660x371
>>22985181
well then, i guess i jumped the gun on this one.

>update
just got a text from her then call. turns out she got cold feet, feels horrible, and wants to try again.

i dont mean to rub this in the faces of the other feels in this thread, but i hope to offer a bit of sunshine to some others in this thread.
>>
>>22985690
>beta girls

hold on to that one mate she wont leave you.
>>
>tubes on amp dying
>can't afford new ones just yet

RIP in peace tubes, you were ok
>>
File: tumblr_m8s4re8wnp1qhiwsqo1_400.jpg (34 KB, 330x218) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8s4re8wnp1qhiwsqo1_400.jpg
34 KB, 330x218
>be bisexual
>3 girls gave me their numbers this year
>date each on briefly, each one was great
>mention/imply I'm bisexual after spending about a month with each girl
>all of them are disgusted and insta-dump me

Well shit. Guess it's back to guys, I suppose. It honestly sucks living in the middle of the bible belt.
>>
>>22985767
probably shouldn't tell them you take it in the butt.
>>
>>22985768
Ideally, I shouldn't. However, I like being honest with other people, even if it's not entirely in my favor.

Also, I don't take it in the butt. That's gross and people poo from there.
>>
>>22985778
dude that stuff is dont ask dont tell. unless a girl is bisexual herself theyre probably not excited that their bf is attracted to other guys.
>>
>>22985394
You sound like a good person. You're taking care of your mother and you're not taking sides in the family infighting, which tells me you are probably not greedy, good for you! As far as not being cute, I have met many girls tell me that and I have found them extremely attractive. I didn't have girls throwing themselves at me until I was overweight and feeling very unattractive, so don't despair, just smile, maybe some antidepressants to help you get through the day. If you want to chat let me know, we all could use more friends.
>>
>>22985788
that is absolutely ridiculous. if a woman isn't a complete fucking homophobe and retard, it doesn't matter. i've dated multiple bisexual men. who cares if they like dudes?
>>
>>22985778
I thought op was a girl. Did I miss something?
>>
>>22985449
I'll bottle it up and get on with my day again.
>>
>>22983700
yeah... I was obviously at fault too, I wouldn't text him (it really hurt him, as he thought I was ignoring him, well I was, still feel bad about it :/) because he would pester me for nude pictures and then it would eventually lead to him telling me his horrible life and how he doesn't matter and he should just off himself ...
>>
>>22982438
>It's coming up to christmas.
>My "friends" are hosting a party that I'am not invited too, how do I know I'am not invited because they were discussing it in front of me
>My Family is having a get together that I'am also not invited to because I don't like my cousins (They're snobs)
>That's what's getting me down, spending Christmas alone.
>>
I thought getting a job would fix my life. I was just kinda stuck at my house with nothing to do except for when I managed to swallow my pride and have friends or family pay for me.

Don't get me wrong, it's done wonders; having money is amazing and it feels good to no longer feel like a leper on the ones I love.

However, my issues with depression and anxiety have been creeping their way into my mind and although my confidence has improved significantly

I still feel like I'm gonna die as I'm living now: alone.

To all those not working; get on it. It feels great despite not being a perfect remedy for whatever ails y'all respectively.
>>
Notice everyone posts their problems ignoring everyone else?
>21st century
>>
>>22982438
I was meant to go on a short holiday before Christmas as a treat for getting through two surgeries and my first year of college. Come the day of my flight I'm so sick I can't even stand up properly so I had to cancel anything.

Then to make it worse my family came over and called my boyfriend retarded, delusional, unable to socialize with girls or just a misfit for wanting to go out with me. I'm more upset because it's so childish and inconsiderate. I dont mind if they think that, but I dont really want to hear it especially when I'm already sad.
>>
>>22987725
>>22987706
Why everyone will remain in a blue state
>>
>>22987734
Its a thread for venting. Chill.
>>
>>22987758
You know its true
>>
noone to practice drawing with
kinda have to do it on your own
>>
That Han Solo is killed by his son, Kylo Ren
>>
That I've failed the Amagami Challenge for three years running, with someone only confirming the fact that finding someone I'd get along with here is nigh impossible.
That I'm going to get a big promotion - in a job I don't really want to be doing. I'd rather leave than be locked into something like that, but I can't afford to just quit with no backup.
That in the three things I'm trying to learn, I'm making no progress whatsoever in any of them.

So a few things.
>>
File: Learning.jpg (242 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Learning.jpg
242 KB, 1366x768
Probably that my family is moving into a random place in NY on the charity of a brothers friend.

Trying to learn to code and make useful apps, then to make money.

Poor health. Mentally messed up but I think I'm getting better. Got prescribed the Alza27 ER pill which is generic Ritalin or something. It helps to be honest. Just feel lost and tired. Unclear future. Lack of hope. But I'm just sticking to the book and trying my best.
>>
Fact that I'm an ugly piece of shit and it made me a bitter, lonely, depressed, awful person in recent years.
>>
Got shot down today for the first time ever. Fuck. Confidence crushed.
>>
>>22982566
are you the girl from msa last night who kept posting pearl pics
just curious
>>
>>22985644
avoid r9k, it only makes things worse

Do you mind if I ask what disorder? I'm just curious which one could make a person so sure they'll never get a gf
>>
I don't have any money for cigarettes....
>>
>>22989854
Just bought a fresh pack. I'd share if you lived in ozaukee county Wisconsin.
>>
Work and I have no one to talk to :-/
>>
>>22982438
depression started up again and i might be moving back in with family and turning into a neet in my late 20s. also i'm torn up about how much i want to bone (actually more like be lovingly dominated by) a long-time friend of mine who is also battling depression and used to be a total nu-hippy slut but claims is all different now and has a bf who tools like a tool and is named dave
>not a single smart person calls themselves dave ever
>>
>>22989959
Dave is short for David, one of the holiest and loved men in all the Bible. The name is amazing and I would be blessed to have been provided such a name.
>>
>>22989993
But I don't think David ever called himself King Dave
>>
I had a great online relationship. I moved 2,000 miles to be with her. The first month I was here things were movie worthy. The second month went to shit as she claims she started to feel like we were getting closer than any relationship she's had previously. She got scared and pushed away. We had one fight, and now it's over.

It's not over due to her, but her daughters deadbeat father found out she was seeing someone, and he was jealous, and made comments all the time. Now, he doesn't want his daughter near me b/c our fight was in front of her daughter.

So, we can't date until he gives the okay; because she wants him to still feel like he's part of the process, and respect his parenting decisions....

Now, i'm getting the run around and led on.
She tries to act like we're still a couple, but only when she wants to.

I can't believe I moved across the country, gave up my job, and moved away from all of my friends for this. Now i'm stuck here.
>>
I need a hug but I'm also scared of intimacy and having friends.

The end result is sadness and depression.
>>
>>22982448
Awe noooo. If you're in jersey maybe we can chill.
>>
>>22982438
Gravity
>>
>broke up with bf
>was hella sad bc i was so serious about it
>even introduced him to my family
>he gets violent and abusive
>i get out of it asap
>heartsamess.jpg
>started smoking pot
>then decided to stop
>bc it makes me feel stupid
>stupidity rises
>bulimia starts up bc it makes me feel good
>in an awful cycle of self destruction

Merry Christmas, me (you dumbfuck).
>>
My ex told me she attempted suicide and now she's in a residential treatment center

I can't log onto facebook because of the damn safety precautions and I lost my phone, so that means I can't talk to the girl who gave me her facebook so we could talk over winter break

I tried adding this one depressed femanon on skype, and she accepted but isn't responding to anything I say or even saying a word in general

In short I feel really fucking lonely and also like a beta faggot
>>
File: 1436646511022.png (153 KB, 449x450) Image search: [Google]
1436646511022.png
153 KB, 449x450
>>22982438
I miss someone really badly. We haven't talked in about a month...Every time I think of him, I start bawling.
I wish he'd talk to me.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.