[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /vegan/ here? Pics welcome. Non-vegans who are interested
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: 1.jpg (5 KB, 250x88) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
5 KB, 250x88
Who /vegan/ here?

Pics welcome. Non-vegans who are interested in veganism welcome. Non-vegan shitposters will be ignored.
>>
I started for the dumbest reason ever (to impress a girl because I'm an idiot) but stayed on it when I realized I was becoming less of a fat fuck. I don't know if it'll be a permanent thing but for the foreseeable future I'm sticking to it.
>>
Why do vegans always make sure you know they're a vegan?
>>
>>22978639
lol, I'm glad it's helping you get healthier!
>>22978644
>Non-vegan shitposters will be ignored.
>>
Only for a few months, but it's going well so far. I've inadvertently converted 2 and a half people already.
>>
>>22979067
Nice!
>>
Most of my time my diet is raw vegan, but I sometimes dabble in non vegan stuff (though I don't eat meat). I just eat what I like, and I simply don't like meat.
>>
>>22977741
I'm not vegan or vegetarian but I do enjoy my fruits and vegetables
>>
I had spaghetti bolognese today
>>
>>22977741
I've mostly been a vegan since I was 20 (was a vegetarian for those years), but I recently made the change last month to being a vegan. I generally used to have a few times a year where I ate dairy products so it's not all that much of a difference. Two of my friends have become vegetarian after me, but went full vegan shortly after. It's fun to have a xmas meal where you can eat everything.
>>
I'm very much in support of vegan movement, but theres such an air of milititantism and self righteousness I think that's what puts a lot of people off even taking it seriously
>>
99% vegan here. Not sure what to say. For me it's just the ethical diet, species and environment wise. Easier to track social injustice too.

I don't like talking about it cause of all the fucking prejudice.
>>
are vegetarians allowed?
>>
>>22980579
>99% vegan here
What does this mean?
You're not one of those "I'm vegan but I eat steak once in a while :^)", are you?

I know one girl who claims to be vegetarian but eats meat when "she feels like it".
>>
>>22978749
Good job ignoring me.
>>
>>22980690
You know, once in a while, rarely, I have ice cream, or pastries. The difference 99% and 100% in avoiding animal product consumption is the same as between 0% and 1%. I still identify as vegan - a vegetarian wouldn't give a fuck.

Terms and identities aren't worth shmuck. Actions matter.
>>
>>22980667
No!
>>
>>22980873
>once in a while, rarely, I have ice cream, or pastries
You are not a vegan then. You are a vegetarian.
"I'm 50% vegetarian: I eat a steak for lunch everyday, but my breakfast and dinner are vegetarian most of the time."

>Terms and identities aren't worth shmuck
Then why call yourself something you aren't? To sound hip and cool?
>>
>>22981100
Why can't people do whatever the fuck they want, it's all in the same vein.
Honestly, this is exactly the elitist attitude that needs to stop, how does that help the cause
>>
there is an interesting article on vice about vegetarian diet and the environment.

http://munchies.vice.com/articles/new-research-says-vegetarian-diets-could-actually-be-worse-for-the-planet

what do you guys think?
>>
File: 1413691243644.jpg (279 KB, 739x501) Image search: [Google]
1413691243644.jpg
279 KB, 739x501
>>22977741
You do realize if we all stopped reading animals the herbivores would breed to fast and consume the earths vegetation
Killing all of us
>>
>>22981100
Yeah. Well, I feel that you are faced with the cognitive difficulty of not being able to categorise something as rigidly as you want to. To me, the word "vegetarian" denotes someone who does not eat meat. Anyone who refrains from eating meat, be it 100% or 80% of the time, is welcome to use the word to compactly convey their diet, especially since it is "rounding up", and will cause no problems. If they really want to, they can use some hedge there, such as "almost vegetarian", or "flexible vegetarian", but then again then people like you jump in and there's a big fuss again.

I do this for veganism. If I say I'm a vegetarian, people shove milk up my throat. When I do ingest calf growth hormones, I do it for my own selfish reasons.

Did I say, in
>>22970579
that I don't like talking about dietary things, 'cause people just want to argue? Q. E. D.
>>
>>22981273
You are making no sense. We eat farm-bred animals. And those we feed with soy from farms that take up the land, killing both forests and us.
>>
>>22981274
failed at linking to own post. Whatever.
>>
>>22981261
If you read the actual report, it makes no such claims.
>>
>>22977741
>Being vegan

May as well cuk yourself lads
>>
>>22981280
> hunting
> whaling
> fishing
> birds
> rabbits
> cows, chickens, sheep, goats, and farm animals reproduce too
Imagine if they all had no population regulation

You remember when rabbits were brought to Australia
They had no predators and the population exploded
Entire crops vanished, and the only way for the entire island vegetation to stay at a healthy rate was to build a Fucking wall to keep them out

But OP is delusional and will never accept facts
I knew this when he posted
> non-vegans will be ignored
>>
>>22981335
Hunting works to some extent.
Fishing? Debated, but potentially disastrous.
The rest of the animals in your list, when concerning food, mostly live in cages in huge factories. There is no "population regulation" insomuch as forceful (re)production, and it is quite easy to simply eat the animals off before producing 2 more to replace them. It's not a chaotic system. The cages will not burst open into some Australian scenario.

Starting point for fish stuff: http://www.backyardaquaponics.com/fishing-for-answers-will-the-oceans-run-out-of-fish/

Starting point for veganism:
https://xkcd.com/1338/
>>
>>22978644
to let the world know they are douche bags
>>
File: Vaginal_bulb_syringe[1].jpg (107 KB, 1412x940) Image search: [Google]
Vaginal_bulb_syringe[1].jpg
107 KB, 1412x940
>>22981473
>>
>>22981378
Allot of the fish we eat, eat allege
I know for a fact they reproduce like crazy with humans being the main consumer
Since allege produces 1/3 of our oxygen...

Also my grandfather is a farmer, farm animals don't have terrible conditions like most vegans make them out to be
Being a farm raised, I would know this
But since most farm animals don't have any predators in America, in a couple of generations the environment would explode
This is ESPECIALLY important with pigs, because they literally leave a trail of destruction wherever they go
Humans eat strings 88% farm raised animals
If we just let them free to do breed as much as possible it would result in a dust bowl
They'd probably have to resort to reading our crops in which then farmers would have to shoot them
Making the wine thing pointless
>>
>>22981523
Statistics over singular personal experience.
>>
File: th (1).jpg (22 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
th (1).jpg
22 KB, 480x270
>>
>>
Any tips for someone who'd like to be vegan, but doesn't have much of an income?
>>
When will you realize that you're only a vegan so you can feel morally superior than other people?
>>
>>22982195
Get vegan recipes (book, internet, ...) and learn to cook.
>>
>>22982160
Someone wouldn't know the quality of life for animals if they'd never raised one himself
>>
>>22982195
You can substitute non-vegan ingredients in pretty much any recipe.
>eggs in baking: egg replacer
>eggs in cooking: tofu
>meet: tofu, textured vegetable protein, fake meat
>milk: soy milk/rice milk/almond milk
etc
Also http://vegweb.com/
>>
i think this is a terrible idea and you are all kuks
>>
>>22982280
you're telling me the efforts of ALL THE VEGANS COMBINED has little to NO influence on the world, considering 80% of the population eats meat?

NOOO!
>>
>>22982195
If you avoid processed stuff like fake meat and stick with legumes, nuts, vegetables, grains, etc., it will be cheaper than an omnivorous/vegetarian diet. Make sure you look into nutrition and get everything you need. (e.g. B12 supplements are definitely required, you can get a year's worth for $4 at any supermarket)
>>
vegan for two months and loving it
>>
File: 1450394294311s.jpg (5 KB, 125x120) Image search: [Google]
1450394294311s.jpg
5 KB, 125x120
>>22977741
Vegans are fucking retards humans are omnivores and not eating animals or animal derived things because you feel bad for them is stupid.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.