[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone actually met up with someone from here? How did it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: meetupfail.png (1 MB, 2236x1356) Image search: [Google]
meetupfail.png
1 MB, 2236x1356
Has anyone actually met up with someone from here? How did it go? Post stories
>>
from /soc/ or 4chan in general?
>>
i have and i fell in love and it was a terrible idea
>>
File: 1423020775847.jpg (70 KB, 604x415) Image search: [Google]
1423020775847.jpg
70 KB, 604x415
>>22971884
I've met up with a few people here.

First time was almost three years ago when I had just turned 16. Went on a Washington thread and met up with someone in the area (360). His name was "M" and he was really cool, just interested in making friends and hanging out. We added each other on Facebook and were also texting if I recall. I was extremely nervous because it's really dumb to meet up with someone off of the worst place on the internet as a 16 year old girl...especially at your high school.

Did it anyways, no regrets. He came a bit late because of his car (college student, of course the vehicle is troubled) and I was really nervous waiting in the parking lot. When he finally arrived I just sat there in his car while we both rambled on. Eventually I calmed down though and we went to Portland and ate some food and had good times chatting. I think we saw each other one more time before I moved. Overall pretty decent, would rec. I was too nervous to instigate more meetups and also felt massively guilty for not telling my parents.

Also around that time there was a guy, "D" was his name, who had Aspergers and never had anyone give him a Valentine. Flirted a bit over chat and I had my best friend drive me to his house and I gave him a card on Valentine's day. It was awkward talking to him outside of the house late at night for like five minutes just to say "hi, here's your card, happy v-day" but the look on his face made it all worth it. We went on a date once after that but it didn't go to well, we were just a bit too awkward around each other. We played a bit of HoN, rambled about the origins of the term "OG" and I gave him a kiss on the cheek goodnight. Worked out well. Still friends with both on Facebook, it's been over a year since I've talked to either of them.

Moved to Indiana and there was nobody in my area so I never met anyone to meet up with. Same with Spain, now. Washington threads are the best (state) meetup threads on this board.
>>
Fell in love with a girl through /v/. Group of us playing vidya, she joined the group, etc. We dated for a couple years, visited each other a few times (not easy because several states away) and had the best relationship of my life. Unfortunately we had to part (on friendly terms) because the distance was too much, I couldn't afford to travel anymore, and she was too busy with college/med school to travel or hang out much anymore.

Was planning on marrying that girl lads. But life happens, you know? Never be afraid of putting yourself out there.
>>
>>22972066
both of course
>>
We've had a pretty successful meet up group for years in DC/Maryland/Virginia. I've met way too many to count through there and a handful of others.
>>
>>22972196
is it a seperate group or do you arrange meetups in threads on /soc/?
>>
>>22972217
It's through the thread on /soc/
>>
I've met some folks on here and surprisingly everything has gone well despite some awkwardness in the beginning. Few oddities of course, including a fella that wore a jester's hat the whole time we were at a museum.
>>
The guy from /soc/ was worse than the guy from /r9k/
>>
>>22971884
Yeah, one of the few dates I've been on in the last few years.

It was nice.

I left with blue balls though...
>>
i moved in with a guy i originally met on /soc/, though we were "friends" for a couple years before i did that. turned out to be an awkward, passive-aggressive dude w a bunch of insecurity/ego/rage issues. 0/10 do not recommend.
>>
>>22971884
I met my exbf of 5 years on /b/. We just broke up last month.
Then I met this guy a year ago off of /soc/ who happened to live in my apartment complex, i met him for the second time this month. Both ate ass.
>>
>>22972145
You move a lot.
>>
I'm mtf trans and met my an irl friend on /soc/
>guy from a kik thread hits me me up
>months go by casual chatting
>I know he's a normal guy, just a little socially awkward like me
>only lives 40 mins
>I get insatiably horny one night (2am)
>I tell him how much I need him and he shows up 40 mins later
>really awkward at first, wouldn't talk, so I'd talk about random shit just to get things going
>eventually he kisses me, I give him head, and he pounds my pretty little pussy
>cuddle for an hour and watch movie together
>leaves when it was over cause my family wakes up earlier
>still friends with him today and we go out on a near weekly basis :)
>>
Met up with someone for drinks, we chatted and chilled. Ended up making out, but we cut things off to only friends because the situation got pretty complicated
>>
I've found /r/r4r and it's related subreddits far easier to meet people on than /soc/
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.