[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OkCupid thread. How can we fix our profiles? I don't g
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 26
File: okcupid.png (44 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
okcupid.png
44 KB, 1024x1024
OkCupid thread. How can we fix our profiles?

I don't get any messages. What am I supposed to do?

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/modern_windmill
>>
>>22938476
Take the shirtless picture of. That's just a big no. And you really need to add more to your profile. You have so little there, how is someone supposed to start a conversation with you or continue one? Should have a minimum of at least 1 paragraph in each section.
>>
>>22939164
why don't you respond to the advice you were given instead of just bumping the thread ffs
>>
I'll bite I'm curious. Please note I barely give 2 shits about it
www.okcupid.com/profile/mozzarellala
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/diamond_Dog_Shit
>>
>>22938476

I think I am going to make a profile for my sub/sissy persona. I try to keep it low-key because it is pretty personal but I kinda want to try leading with it so that women know upfront what they are getting into.

Any recommendations?
>>
>>22939478
Why'd you get rid of the picture of you shitting on a toilet?
>>
>>22938693
>a paragraph in each section
nobody reads that shit. they might skim it, but if you aren't attractive enough to get messages without a profile, you won't get messages with one. That's just the way these sites are for guys.
>>
>>22939533
I don't know much about that fetish/scene, but just judging from what exes and women friends have told me, you probably have a better shot at casual sex with queermosexual women than most straight fit guys.
>>
>>22940915

I'm really not interested in guys, so that is kinda what I am looking for. I know OKC isn't a fetish site, but I am just wondering what would happen if I made a profile as a crossdresser.

Will QTs respond? I'm just really scared of starting a relationship and "coming out" to them. It was super scary doing so with my ex and it almost didn't work. I just think it would be so much easier to be upfront and have it out in the open at the start.
>>
File: tw666q3zK1r2g7mto1_500.jpg (115 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
tw666q3zK1r2g7mto1_500.jpg
115 KB, 435x435
>tfw im not attractive enough to attract girls with just my looks so they probably wont even read my shit
>tfw Too beta to just start talking to anyone thats online

I might as well just talk to randoms from the skype thread even though theyre probably across the world
>>
>>22941005
>TFW you only attract fat chicks and the mentally deranged with your looks
I'unno man, I'unno.
>>
>>22941031
I also attract the thickness

I mean I like a good set of knockers but if the stomachs farther out than they are we have a problem
>>
>>22938476
I'm interested. I'd talk to you, but I'm a weirdo.

>>22939197
Your picture is unbelievably unappealing. If you're going just for hook ups, you probably will get em.

>>22939478
Your profile is way too long, and really negative. You're narrowing the type of people you'll attract to a very small margin because it seems like you really fucking hate yourself/people/life. Why even be on a dating site if that's the case? Also, only have one picture of you sitting in front of your computer, take a picture literally anywhere else with anyone else.

>>22939533
If it's a profile FOR that persona... then why keep it low key.
>>
>>22941079

I don't mean that it will be low key on that profile, I just keep it in the closet for the most part. I just feel like it should be something that the people I am romantically involved with are aware of.
>>
www.okcupid.com/profile/zay_cubed

Help me out /soc/
>>
>>22940988
I think you'll be surprised. The queer hugbox is real.

>>22941005
Online dating is perfect for practice. Just say whatever bullshit comes to mind and you'll figure out what works. The stakes just aren't high enough that you should be nervous about it.
>>
>>22939918
well, if they're skimming it, you should still have some amount of content there so they can somewhat help carry the conversation. I guess it depends on how long you're trying to talk to them before asking them on a date, too.
>>
>>22939918
The text in your profile isn't to attract people. It's to give conversation starters to people who have already decided to message you. You need it to be as easy as possible for people to find something to talk to you about.
>>
File: 1413287736847.jpg (48 KB, 562x702) Image search: [Google]
1413287736847.jpg
48 KB, 562x702
www.okcupid.com/profile/kindofashut-in
Plz help
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/razza_tacocat/ ;-;
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/GlenTreename

tell me what a waste it is.
>>
>>22941005
Dude, you worry too much. Just start off with a subtle joke. Then feed off what they say and keep it going.

ie.
>So... when is our wedding?
>enter generic female response
>I'm taking notes, big or small? Outside or inside?
Ask questions to break that weird barrier and then later on you can throw in some serious questions. Then just keep it going.

The trick is to get them talking about themselves or get them to brag, then they make your job easy to do.

I can tell anyone how to start a conversation but I cant keep it going, that's on you. I also cant tell you how to act in person because I spaghetti hard.

>tfw I'm a master at tinder/online shit but fall hard in person.
>tfw I have over 500 matches and back out all the time.
>tfw I get called qt all the time
>y-you too ;_;
>>
>>22943992
>http://www.okcupid.com/profile/GlenTreename
Better photo, and lose the headphones.

You also are vague as fuck say something interesting... awesome game choices though breh. I would chill with you and teach you how to online date.
>>
>>22941608
bamp
>>
>>22944055
>www.okcupid.com/profile/zay_cubed
I would help but I dont use okc and your shit is blocked breh.

>http://www.okcupid.com/profile/razza_tacocat?cf=profile
Bro you gotta leave some stuff to the imagination, You just go all out and tell them ALL your problems and problems.

You're profile is also pretty depressing at some points, you are online be a little confident even if you aren't in person.

I actually dont mind the photos, you clearly could lose some weight but you look like you dont care much and chicks dig that.

>tfw online dating sites are all about perception
>>
>>22944075
thanks for the feedback. i went back and took out some stuff like you suggested. also yeah, i need to lose weight, but it's hard D: i'm working on it though
>>
>>22944117
Ya man, just be confident. It really doesn't matter if you are in person or not. That's the beauty of online shit.

I am so smooth online and can talk and act like chad but once it transfers to real life, if its just a hook up I fucking fall flat. Only time I can handle real life is if I actually have feelings for the chick and we've talked for awhile.

Which doesn't seem you are looking for just random sex so you shouldn't have to worry about falling flat, by the time you met you would already be close.
>>
>>22943947
>www.okcupid.com/profile/kindofashut-in

Make the airplane or train photo your main one, I actually dont mind your profile. I feel like it should do fine for what you are looking for.

Its more targeted towards other shut ins/introverts but if that's what you are going for then you shouldn't have a problem. Do you get matches?
>>
>>22943947
>>22944271
>tfw no gf to cook for you and play video games with

If this was 3 years ago before I started caring about my image and trying to have a life I would totally message you.
>>
Is it worth making a profile if you're a 2/10?
>>
>>22944291
>>22944271
>>22944220
>>22944075
>>22944046
>>22944038
I'm gonna leave with saying most of my advice might be more catered to apps like tinder when you get very minimal information. Starting a conversation on okc is a million times easier, just pick something from her profile and make her feel special for liking it. Act like you want to here all about it, as long as you dont go full spaghetti monster you should be fine.
>>
>>22944300
No matter how you look there is someone that will find you attractive/interesting. If you dont have the looks just use your personality. I met the most amazing chick online shes easily a 10 to me and I dont even consider myself that attractive. I'm by no means ugly but she could do better. Since day one she has told me it was my personality.

That's why I try to help in these threads because I met an amazing chick through a dating app and I know its possible. I dont even use them anymore but I still know how to initiate conversation.
>>
OP here. I did some editing based off what people recommended. Any other suggestions?

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/modern_windmill
>>
I feel that my profile is lacking a friend of mine looked it over and said it's ok, but it wouldn't hurt to have some outside advice on how to spruce it up a little.
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Axle183
>>
>>22944271
Yeah, I just thought it looked weird as a thumbnail

And yes, but they don't message or answer back
Also, thank you for the advice!

>>22944291
Thank you?
>>
hey boys ;^)
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/colbies
>>
https://www.okcupid.com/profile/adelok

Im not doing too bad but still looking to improve odds.
>>
Is OK cupid worth it if I'm 18? Seems like a lot of the older crowd hang out on OK cupid. There aren't many girls my age on there it seems.
>>
>>22947222
It seems really hard to find someone on there if youre under 21
>>
>>22947222
you are SUPPOSED to be using facebook rn

facebook for dating 18-22

okc 21+

after 22, facebook is for showing off how completely satisfied your life is / how much balling you are doing, to people you knew
>>
Aside from shitty photos and me constantly having my friend's cat: http://www.okcupid.com/profile/mrb594
>>
https://www.okcupid.com/profile/xX_d20rollit_Xx

Have a go mah nigs
>>
>>22947433
Facebook dating? Is that a thing? I stopped using Facebook in like 8th grade. Found it dumb and didn't want people tracking me.
>>
>>22938476
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Spokaliman?cf=profile

I'm obviously doing something very very wrong. Literally been on two dates, one was a 41 year old catfish pretending to be 28 so she could find a young buck which I have zero interest and the other apparently went against her better judgement and although she said I was handsome, funny, smart and had a good time...she has no interest in dating me.

I've sent over 150 women messages and gotten replies on 15%, more than the token polite 'single response then please don't talk to me anymore' few enough times to count on fingers.

My profile pic for a long time wasn't the shirtless one but me in a shit smiling (similar to the current one, plus a shirt), just changed it a couple days ago just to try something fucking different.
>>
>>22948566
First of all you are ugly as fuck. Second, you use way too many complicated words that would turn most women off and every new sentence seems to contradict the previous. No wonder no one wants to fucking date you.
>>
>>22948807
>Bowl cut midget

Yeah, you're an objective source.
>>
Nothing but rejections on this. Last girl I talked to ran away so hard she deleted her profile and everything. Loving it.
>>
>>22948844
Seriously, you look like a slob. You only have two pictures which show you in three states of slobbiness. Have you absolutely no sense of marketing? This whole fucking this is an advertising game. Make yourself fucking presentable.
>>
>>22948994

Ok, a legitimate point. Two of the photos are me in normal daily activity, I'm not disheveled, soaked in sweat or shitfaced, so what's the problem? The profile pic is me out of the shower, my hair isn't styled, but it's not bed head and it's not soaked, so what's the problem?
>>
>>22949009

In your first pic you still have a 5 o' clock shadow going on and your hair's not fucking styled. In your second pic you look confused, have a beard like a homeless person, and are wearing gym clothes. In the third pic you are in this really badly angled far away shot looking like a chav and holding like what appears to be a job application. When I look at all three of these pics I see nothing but a fucking jobless loser who may have been homeless at some point. I can see why no woman would want to fucking date you.

And if they can somehow get past your ugly as fuck pics they'll start reading all this tryhard crap with too many big words.
>>
>>22949041

So the lesson here is that when instagram folks and models spend 2 hours preparing and taking shots for their casual "just doing whatever photos" people can't see through how fake they are. Guess I'll stop trying to be intelligent with words and start trying to be a pretend version of myself. Also, the one with the paper, it's a script and I'm directing a play, should I include the rest of the photo with the actors? Also, I can't see the beard shot being a negative, it's a beard shot.

Bottom line is I take very few pictures of myself so there's not much to work with. You know what? Thanks, I appreciate it, I really do. I will consider getting better photos and give my profile a little more lyrical flow, but I will not tone done my basic nature, fuck a bitch who don't wanna date a guy who uses a college level vocabulary.
>>
I've never tried online dating before, what makes a successful account on a website like okcupid? What's the difference between it and things like Tinder? I want to get laid and/or get back into the dating scene, just turned 21 and am at least a 7.5/10.

What sort of stuff do you focus on?
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/outdoorgamerguy
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/blessthetay

Just curious as to what people think when visiting. Will go through everyone else's.
>>
>>22943992
You don't seem like you even want to be on there? Lose the headphones. Add more photos. Act like you like yourself, even if you don't.
>>
>>22950395
Your top 3, and last photo are all very similar. You've got a cute face, but I feel you could stand to get some better pictures to show that off.

I don't feel like I get a feel for who you are from your self summary, except that you over value the Myers–Briggs crap.

A well done 6 things section can really bring a profile alive. Yours isn't well done. I'd consider removing it entirely over what you've got.

I know that girls get way more messages than guys, and maybe the point is moot, but I feel like I've got a glimpse of a cool girl who I'd probably like to get to know hiding behind a bland, middle of the road profile.
>>
>>22940988
I got called a futa once on OKC. Was nice.
>>
>>22949081
>fuck a bitch who don't wanna date a guy who uses a college level vocabulary.
It's more about showing that you can be a relaxed and chill dude.

Showing off your vocab is similar to dropping names of celebs you've met, or talking about how many sets and reps you do. It just comes off as obvious pandering.

I used to think that way--fuck anyone who doesn't like me for me... well, nobody tries to make a first impression by being a pissy, whiny bitch.

One 4 year LTR (including two years of living together) later I've absolutely stopped looking for some ideal woman and quit giving a fuck. My success on OKC and Tinder is up about 500% from the last time I was looking... I'm literally hoping one or two women will cancel dates so that I can have a night at home to myself.

Don't. Try. So. Hard.
>>
>>22939478

yikes
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Gnome_Chomskyy

I had a pretty good streak of responses this week and then nothing. Thinking about changing some of my pictures around
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Cereanbettle

If anyone's bored and has any advice for me, I'd appreciate it.
>>
>>22954930
>http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Cereanbettle

I think the profiles fine, you might just want to spice up your pictures. All of them are close-up selfies that don't really stand out from each other. I'd take out a couple of them and replace them with pictures that show your entire body. Group pictures and pictures where you're doing stuff are good too.

Also you could describe some of the things you mention differently. Instead of saying that you're "loafing around" playing video games you could talk about a game you picked up recently and how it's so compelling that going out to a bar would seem lame in comparison.
>>
>>22950395
Your profile feels like those are the surface things. Tell something random, insightful, or quirky about you.
Your photos are all the same. There need to be some of you out doing things, and more that have all of you instead of photos that aren't filtered, aren't framed, and are just you hanging out at home. You seem introverted with the photos despite your profile reading slightly otherwise. You seem fun though.

>>22954115
Your profile reads like it's a troll profile. You enjoy creative writing, but you don't like using words to explain yourself?
Women usually aren't going to chat up a guy who's about drinking or getting drunk. It's fun, but it can't be who you are, or what you are all about.
Not a judgment thing, but your profile makes you sound like you want to learn, and grow, but your preferences, and tastes condescend that idea; ie. your shows, and Friday nights. It just seems really back and forth.

>>22954930
Imo. Lighten your profile up, make it fun and interesting. The line with the printer could have been something more interesting or funny. Honestly, your profile reads like a resume.
There's more to your life than work, and a slight bit of gaming. Elaborate more on what you do outside of work, while making work seem lighthearted.
Plus, you need more pictures of you out somewhere, and some full body pictures instead of your mug. You seem like you'd be a pretty chill guy.

>>22948566
Your profile is slightly eccentric which i'm guessing fits you, so it works. You seriously need better photo's though. All of them are bad aside from the first one, and that shouldn't be your profile picture.
>>
>>22948140
First off, if you have a BS in Nursing, then you know how to form a paragraph, and write. Double space that shit, and break up paragraph's. Most of your stuff is probably getting skipped; because of that fact alone.

Explain more about what the things are your interested in, or at the least allude to them. Moreover, you can make a joke about it too.
For the love of all that is unholy(!), there are far too many emotes for someone soon to be 30. It reads like you're 12.

Your pictures need to say something more about you than computer/anime, and martial arts. The Rocketman Cosplay picture would have been better if you had your helmet off and holding it so someone would know it's you.

>>22945308
You need more insight to you, not just what you're doing in life. Spice up your profile with some adjectives.
Your page lacks confidence. Own what you do, who you are and your interests. Think about what would make it sound interesting. Think of it like fleshing out a character. Take the Black Wolverine bit, and put it in the about me; ie. "My friends call me the Black Wolverine Bub". Just something to make it more eye catching.
There's nothing to draw you in. Your photos are passive, and confident. However, 1, 2, & 5 are good photos.

>>22944572
You need more detail. Your photos are fine, but you need one or two with you smiling.

>>22943992
You need more photos, loose the headphones unless it's one GOOD photo with more of you visible.

Don't talk about your negatives. Build yourself up, but be honest. Mention your an introvert, and how you like to do stuff at home or with a friend but not huge parties, but don't make it seem like you're a shut in with no life. If you don't have a life, go make one! Who knows what adventure you'll have, and who you'll meet along the way.
>>
>>22952219
>>22956392
Yeah. The whole photo thing stems from me being insecure about my chubby bunny cheeks. And I am pretty introverted. I hang with friends and things but instead of being weirdos and taking group photos, we hang out. So I usually take pictures in my room cause it's also pretty awkward to take selfies in public.

And as far as the 6 things thing. I don't know. I care about that section the least, so I thought I'd just be silly if anything. Because that's just my personality. I'm silly.

And I'd rather someone gather that I'm a silly girl than anything else, and get to know me on a deeper level through messages. And I don't really care at all about the myer briggs crap, just thought I'd include it for people who did.

I'll try to do something about my photos though. None of them are really filtered though. Except maybe one so. Just saying. Lol.
>>
>>22956935
Everyone's into different looks. I think you're pretty, and I like your figure.

I wasn't trying to be rude about your profile, just constructive. For what it's worth, if the Atlantic ocean wasn't between us, I'd still send you a message.
>>
File: sephiroth.jpg (165 KB, 500x304) Image search: [Google]
sephiroth.jpg
165 KB, 500x304
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/StpdSexyFlanders

I just like when people visit me.
>>
File: 0outof10.jpg (4 KB, 120x124) Image search: [Google]
0outof10.jpg
4 KB, 120x124
>>22954930
People have already mentioned the picture stuff.

>Good at a variation of entertainment of the electronic nature
Variety, you mean?

>Lord of the ring series
Rings, plural

In general, I'd go through and fix up grammar. And, as mentioned by others, lighten up the profile a little, imo. Humor just makes it fun to read.

6 things doesn't have to be a paragraph. Maybe that's nitpicky, but it bothered me to see it listed in a paragraph.

>Find me sleeping in the forest or holding your hand.
I like that

You seem funny but you might want a little more content in your profile. You have the dead eyes of a serial killer.

>>22939197
You seem like a faggot. I'd say your sense of humor is hit and miss with me, but there was, like, half a hit and then all misses. That said, you're an attractive dude. I can't imagine you're having much trouble getting interest but I'd hope you don't sperg out in conversations the same way you do in your profile.

>>22939478
tldr
>Autism: The Profile

>>22941608
>Black Jake Gyllenhaal
Dude. Don't fucking talk about how short you are. Drop that entire section. Come up with something else to put there.

>which should hopefully also lead to me creating some sort of romantic life.
I'd remove that as well.

Maybe limit yourself to mentioning anime once. And girls are almost never going to message first. Doesn't mean you have to remove that part but, yaknow. FYI.
I used to work in Cary. Neat.

>>22943947
You seem sorta cool but a lot of your profile seems to be about things you like to consume. Which is fine. I guess. That's typically a good thing for people to use to start conversations, but I usually look for something else, and there isn't all that much else there.
Also, you have a cute face but, you know, being an overweight girl on a dating site, a lot of people will pass you by. Just the landscape we're in.
>>
File: halfthebattle.png (175 KB, 382x596) Image search: [Google]
halfthebattle.png
175 KB, 382x596
>>22943973
You look like a fat woman in some of your pictures. I would remove all of those. I'd use that new haircut one as your main.

You seem to be going for this cutesy/quirky/lolimsorandom thing. I get it. I used to be like that. Now it makes me cringe. I'd suggest you stop it if it's some calculated act. I'd also suggest you stop it if that's just you. But whatever.

>Straight, Man, Non-binary
>Using any of the special snowflake gender options on okc

>>22943992
Others have gotten the main stuff for you. I think the Roger Rabbit bit is good. It's a little quirky and weird without being fucking autistic. More like that. Less like the rest. Stop talking about gaming so much.

>>22945308
Rotate that picture, nigger. Don't be that autismo who walks around in public with huge headphones around his neck. Less about gaming, imo. If you're passionate about cinematography, talk about it a little more. Fix up your grammar a bit. It doesn't have to be perfect but it's bad enough to annoy me, and that's a bad sign because we all know that you're only trying to impress me. You have the build of a giant black man but are only 5'6". That's not a critique or advice or anything. Just an observation.

>>22946379
>playing duck game
what

More pictures wouldn't hurt, I guess. Nothing terrible about your profile but also nothing that's super interesting.
How'd you land that remote gig? I've been thinking about trying for something like that.

>>22948140
You live pretty close to me.
Also: wow, dude. Other guy got everything, and much more politely than I would have.

>>22948093
I don't think facial hair is really your forte.
I'd change the quiet person thing. Otherwise, nothing really offensive. Liven things up a bit. You mention your sense of humor but barely showcase it. Maybe better explain taking a semester off. People are gonna be skeptical. Demonstrate that you're not just a fuck up.

okay I'm bored
>>
>>22956392
Not trying to be argumentative here but I think you might've misread my profile. My Friday night thing says I'd rather be outside or at a concert than at a bar, drinking is one of the last things I'd define myself by.
>>
I don't mean to make this a dating advice general, but I met a girl from OKC today and I'm still picking my jaw up off the floor.

I got her # and at least a nod towards a second date... so now I'm sitting here trying to keep from texting her and coming off like a complete clingy freak. We talked for hours about tech and history, and I'm afraid we hit it off so well intellectually that she didn't feel any physical chemistry.

When should I check in for a second date? Should I try to keep her interested by texting her after a day or two, or just play it cool?

I'm surprised because I've been dating casually for a bit, and haven't felt this nervous about a woman since freshman year of uni. I'm pretty sure she's on the hunt for something exclusive, so I'm also trying to decide at what point I would have to break it off with someone I'm seeing casually.
>>
>>22957388
Oh no, dude, you're totally fine. I know you were trying to be constructive and I appreciate it. Also, thanks for the compliments! (:
>>
>>22958363
>>22956392
>>22955057
Thanks guys.
>>
File: relaxed.jpg (138 KB, 516x810) Image search: [Google]
relaxed.jpg
138 KB, 516x810
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/-edie

halp
>>
Online dating is just too easy. Since June ive fucked 9 chicks off MATCH and POF. the crazy thing is like 7 of them came to my place to meet for the first time. bitches areeee tooo easy online I swear. Im a bigger dude and I would be iffy about going to a random's place. these bitches walk in.. talk.. within an hour are sucking me off and swallowing me.
>>
File: durrhom.jpg (30 KB, 762x574) Image search: [Google]
durrhom.jpg
30 KB, 762x574
>>22960483
>despite being halfway to 25.
You're actually ~96% of the way there, dummy.
>>
>>22960598

i was referring from 24 to 25
>tfw you sent me a message on okcupid i never responded to
you don't have to call me dumb yknow
>>
File: uraniggr.jpg (63 KB, 539x540) Image search: [Google]
uraniggr.jpg
63 KB, 539x540
>>22960638
Yeah. I remember that. It was something along the lines of "I SAW YOU ON 4CHAN"

You still see that? I've emptied my messages so many times. 300 limit, man.
>>
>>22960648

>300 limit
ye i can imagine
>>
File: Capture.png (16 KB, 518x485) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
16 KB, 518x485
>>22960660
>paying for okc
I prefer the mystery!
>>
>>22960672

nope :o you can get a list free for one month and then you get the inbox stuff forever lol
i just wanted to know how to improve my profile i didn't post it to be called dumb or anything. tho i did fix that in case other people thought i meant something other than 24 ~ 25 so ty for that
>>
File: qqqqqq.jpg (38 KB, 400x794) Image search: [Google]
qqqqqq.jpg
38 KB, 400x794
Bored so I'm going to share my successes.
>>
File: qqqqqq.jpg (27 KB, 899x821) Image search: [Google]
qqqqqq.jpg
27 KB, 899x821
>>
File: qqqqqq.jpg (27 KB, 912x487) Image search: [Google]
qqqqqq.jpg
27 KB, 912x487
I don't have time for this. I've got a bar to run.
>>
File: qqqqqq.jpg (16 KB, 887x378) Image search: [Google]
qqqqqq.jpg
16 KB, 887x378
>>
One cannot simultaneously post on 4chan and expect success in normie things like OKCupid.

Grow up and quit 4chan and full-time OKC or go full retard and go to a more productive thread.
>>
please be gentle
also what's my best default pic?
okcupid.com/profile/piratelegs
>>
>>22960779
must be something with how you talk to people, because profile-wise you seem like you should prob already have a gf
>>
>>22960779

remove the ~jesus~ pizza quote
also i feel like your profile tries too hard to be funny. your first pic is your best. you look attractive and you're tall. leave a bit of mystery and don't leave a joke at every corner and you'll be the better for it.
>>
>>okcupid.com/profile/piratelegs

Your profile seemed pretty good. Post some of your messages. I'm going to have to agree with>>22960792 and say that's probably where you're going wrong.
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/JWWade
I suck at selfies and my friends aren't the type to take 100 pictures on a night out, so I don't have many photos to choose from.
>>
>>22958579
i don't understand how i'm being "quirky" .-.
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/MyNameIsStef

Basically gave up on it, might get back into it, give me tips and what not.

Oh yeah, those questions you get: what is a good thing, answering as much as possible or just not answering them mostly?
>>
>>22938476
hey man, being from toronto also, id suggest using tinder, id also recomend post photos of any tours youve taken part of, or any vacations, you want to try and draw people to your profile, with your current photo, it just looks like a normal guy, you want to really oversell your profile, and then when you have a first encounter, then you focus on selling yoursellf
>>
>>22938476
that's because guys are supposed to message girls
>>
>>22963084
lol are you kidding
>pizza is love and life. praise be to soupy
>...my other cats
>pizza. pizza is love. pizza is life.
>i wondered if animals get confused when when put on or take off clothes. where does the light go when you turn the light off? do dogs think in terms of barks?
>TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD

it's like you wank off to The Office.
>>
>>22963982
>i like the wonder years
>i love animals
>i like pizza
>i genuinely wonder about these things
>i don't know what else to put

fuck off maybe?
>>
>>22963952
Bullshit. Yeah, you won't get as many messages as girls, but if you've got a good first picture, and some interesting things to hook onto in your profile, and live in a city you get messages.

While, they are some quite big caveats, if dating is your #1 priority, then you can do something about all of them.
>>
>>22964089
>not having the self-awareness to realise that you are typing like a 13 year old on livejournal
this is why you are single
>>
>>22946379
>>22958579
http://store.steampowered.com/app/312530/ It's my goto 4 player game

Thanks I guess I'll have to take more pictures since I dont have anything too recent.

It's difficult to say, I guess by having the skills and valuing freedom over job security.
>>
>>22962748
>>22960792

I don't send messages very often. I receive about 10 a week, but I've scoured every profile within 100 miles of me and haven't found many people I'd want to go on a date with.
Here's a message i sent with no response. In her profile she said something like " I drive a standard... so, try to figure out what that says about me" so this is my message in reference to that

>(possible) Reasons you drive a standard
>- You're European
>- You care so much about the environment you wanted to get better gas milage by using a standard
>- You live in a sketchy neighborhood and standard transmissions are a good theft deterrent
>- You hate holding peoples hands when you drive so you bought a standard so you'd have an excuse not to.
>- You like giving your left leg a workout every day in traffic
>- Automatics change gears for you.... and you fear change

>sincerely
>the guy who also only drives stick and works three jobs.
>>
https://www.okcupid.com/profile/_Ramon__

So how do i make my profile better?
>>
File: maedpoopies.jpg (19 KB, 321x350) Image search: [Google]
maedpoopies.jpg
19 KB, 321x350
>>22965602
You look better with facial hair, imo

>I'm a comfort person
what

I'd avoid too many smileys, not mention being shy, and change the "message me if" section to something a little more interesting.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1366x768
>>22957599
Very rare profile indeed.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/JonVspooks
>tfw no rainbowhaired she-twink who will let me cum inside her
help me
>>
File: pepedance.gif (57 KB, 74x98) Image search: [Google]
pepedance.gif
57 KB, 74x98
>>22966404
It's pretty rare, yeah.

Ain't nobody wanna read huge lists.
>>
>>22949967
Nothing?
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/evilmastervyro

>tfw brutal honesty is all I have left
>>
>>22938476
so what kind of pictures do you guys think work best? I don't wanna take selfies or ask friends/ family to take pictures of me because that seems really douche but I guess if I want to use one of these sites I would have to. Also is ok cupid better than POF?
>>
Guys I think I've got a pretty successful profile going on, since I have 15 mutual likes in about 4 days. The problem is, I am shit terrible at sending the first message. I always end up coming off as an autist. What do?
>>
>>22964816
actually i'm single because my ex left me because of anger issues.

if you're going to say something about the profile, fine, but say something constructive instead of being a dick
>>
Touched things up as per >>22958363
>www.okcupid.com/profile/zay_cubed
>>
>>22968184
So much of this.

I get a decent amount of visits and likes but most of them are morbidly obese or the "respect my pronouns" type.

okcupid.com/profile/discardusnow
>>
>>22948566
keep the beard and groom it nicely. get rid of pre-beard pictures. learn to dress yourself and wear clothes that fit
>>
>>22963852
Lads?
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/xion555
Pretty sure I'm a lost cause/hopeless but might as well get some advise where I can.
>>
>>22970144
Okay buddy you got this.

You need to trim this way down, understand that ladies are far more interested in things about you and what you like to do. Instead of the focus being on books/films, which can be used for small talk and finding common speaking ground, allow yourself some elusiveness.
delete- ive watched porn.
delete- message me if you think I'm cool.

Be less negative and understand women aren't giving you a hand out by talking to you. You are simply trying to find a likeminded/blue haired ladyfriend. Also go out to more gigs, even if its on your own.
>>
>>22970168
Thabks, already edited 2 of the fields working on trimming down the entertainment section which admittedly is a bit difficult. That's the problem I think is that I spend too much time in my apt with my friends watching tv/movies or playing games. So when asked what I like to do those are the first things in mind.
>>
>>22970279
maybe mention things you'd like to enjoy doing with a companion, chances are they will relate.
Just try to show an upbeat vibe through your choice of wording. Simples. Then you must approach ladies, then just ask them a million questions and make them giggle as much as you can without being self-deprecating.
>>
>>22970298
Oh I can certainly hold up conversation once it gets started and not have any issues, mostly just the current state of my head due to holidays has me in a more self deprecating mood. Okay, yeah I can add a few more details that are a bit more social oriented.
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Ctromsky
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/RingKat

>>22970144

Oh shit a fellow BR nigga. My brother used to work at the EA place too as a game tester.
>>
>>22966908

Oh god. Take out all that depressing shit man. Don't admit youre a virgin either. I didnt lose my virginity until 21 either but telling people that doesn't help. If you want to actually try on there just pretend to be happy if you have to.
>>
>>22943947
You sound really really cool anon, too bad that I live on the other side of the world
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Made_of_Osmium/

I will review some profiles tomorrow morning.

I am pretty sure my major problem is photos. I'd like to have two more photos in a social setting. May take some tomorrow, as I am going out with friends.

I think my bio is humorous. Thoughts appreciated.
>>
>>22943947
>>22958363
Yeah, I know, I've been trying to lose weight and stuff, but that's a process that takes a while. I have no idea what to write about instead of media consumption, I have thought about cutting all that down a bit though. Thank you for helping though!

>>22972382
I appreciate the compliment
>>
>>22943947
>>22973049
God fucken damnit and I'm into BBWs! And you seem like a cool anon to hang out with.

Too bad I live very far away...

I would recommend losing weight if you are unhealthy. If not, then be proud of your body and make the best of it!
(;
>>
Help me out.

www,okcupid.com/profile/treydlangdon/
>>
>>22971345
Holy shit I never see other people from Louisiana let alone BR on here. Yeah, if you're thinking about working here but don't plan on moving somewhere else after a few years to work at a different facility/company I would not suggest it. Finishing up my 4th contract soon, I am tired of this job.
>>
>>22975156
>bisexual
>atheism
>dupstep
change these
>>
>>22975390

But I am bisexual, and atheist...
>>
>>22949081

You do look like a slob. like Fred Flinstones. You got ugly and messy features.
>>
https://www.okcupid.com/profile/uss-waywardson

should I make myself not seen by straight people? I don't want a girl to know I'm bisexual unless I tell her, but I still wanna be seen by guys and girls.
Any other advice is welcome too.
>>
>>22975390
>>22975156

Actually, if you look at OKC's statistics, people who put atheist down get more messages than other options there.
However, get rid of casual sex, that's offputting
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/danielmaloney66
>>
How the fuck does this shit work? I've been answering questions for like a month and still no shit
>>
>>22976830
Your profile is pretty good, but it doesn't really show off your personality beyond "I'm a nerd and feel bad about it".
Also, in that aspect, perhaps try to make your interests more of a selling point as opposed to "plz don't be off put"
>>
>>22976895
I assume you're messaging people, right? Girls don't ever message first on that site. They have more than enough people messaging them that they don't have to initiate anything.
>>
>>22949967
Your profile makes you seem sort of uppity, also don't use emotes in it.
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Really_Cool_Name?cf=profile

I've read some of what has been said of other's profiles and edited mine tonight. Not much I can do about pics as I don't photo well and can't remember the last time photos were taken in a social setting.

Any advice on progressing a conversation outside shared interests would be great. I think the conversations I have with women I continuity come across as nothing more than a friend. Should I be trying to drop compliments like I think she's pretty or similar and how soon should I try to do so? Anything else I could say or do?
>>
>>22941031
all any guy attracts on OKC is fat chicks. Ugly guys don't get any messages. Average guys get almost no messages either. 90% of female-to-male messages are fat girls messaging guys that are at least 8/10

OKCupid can be death for a guy's self esteem, I actually ended up settling for a fat girl my first go around. Then took a long break from OKC and am now back. No more fatties though.
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/ensix

what do?
>>
>>22977981
Go to the gym and lose the weight, fatty. Also, get a better haircut you look like a deadbeat.

And your taste in everything sucks.
>>
>>22939560

Hmm? I didn't. Odd.
>>
www.okcupid.com/profile/kingu-zero
meh why not
>>
Any serious criticism would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/nomadic_james
>>
>>22978094
I fucked a chubby girl from OKC for a few months. I think she was in a relationship just looking to get ass on the side.

Kind of tired of fucking with the site though. I've got about 115 likes and I'm sure 100 of them are hambeasts.
>>
>>22977130
what do you mean by uppity?
>>
>>22978988
I bought the OKCupid plus thing, which lets you see likes. They are almost all hambeasts. Even average women on that site get way more luck than attractive men, any woman who isn't fat is going to be getting more messages than she can keep track of. And the fat girls all want a man who will overlook their fatness and just judge them on her inner beauty... but of course she still cares about him being tall and athletic, and she wants nothing to do with short ugly guys. I'm in good shape and am pretty good looking, so I get a fair amount of attention from the fat girls. But I've talked to some of my friends that are a even just a little out of shape, even hams never message them first and if they message a fat girl, they still don't get a response most of the time.

Women IRL have higher standards than men too, but that shit gets insane in online dating.
>>
>>22965602
>>22966127
Better?
Looking for more input
https://www.okcupid.com/profile/_Ramon__
ive had abt 10 visitors from soc but just 1 critique
>>
>>22978957
Dude fill out your profile
>& "I'm not really sure what i'm doing on here anyway but a friend recommended i try it"
Who's gonna message you when they see that? girls are on okc for a reason to find men who are dedicated to it.
Also put up more pictures especially 1 good face pic.
>>
>>22978690
About the only thing you're missing there is a fedora sorry Im being serious
>>
>>22980544

Done~! Try reviewing mine again plz >.<

Filled it out more as well as added two face photos (dunno about them though)

As always, any help at all is appreciated!
>>
>>22980639
Profile photo is soo much better man, that is a handsome face (no homo) XD idk abt the bathroom selfie though not a fan of that 1

you might have overdone it on the music a litle though just a few off your fav bands and the genre should do

now go look at mine tell me if theres anything you might think of as weird
>>22980533
>>
>>22980507
Yeah, you've really got to lower your standards with online dating. Women always date above their league online because they are so overwhelmingly outnumbered. I did A List for a month when I first started using OKC. I think I had about 30 likes and was dying to know who they were. I don't do the counterproductive swipe all right bullshit. I should pay for another month.

I've talked with one girl a few times recently but she's busy with finals week and rarely logs on. She's way out of my OKC league because she's serious cute and smart and a 92% match. She checked my profile and liked me first though so I've got my fingers crossed. Hoping to meet up with her next week or this weekend.
>>
>>22977120
Tweaked, now?
>>
>>22938476
giving this a shot

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/rmnatl
>>
>>22981586
>Myers-Briggs

Um, maybe try to make yourself look younger. Your hairstyle makes you look a couple of decades older than you actually are.

Your bio isn't bad, though.
>>
>>22938476
I have yet to see a good profile that attracts women. Pathetic.
>>
File: 2345234.jpg (88 KB, 789x931) Image search: [Google]
2345234.jpg
88 KB, 789x931
>>22983282
Not posting my profile, but I do fine.
>>
It's because I'm black... isn't it?
>>
>>22983604
www.okcupid.com/profile/SuperSmashBot/
>>
>>22980555
meh i figured as much, i tend to resemble the fedora wearing crowd.
>>
File: 1411965230896.jpg (29 KB, 638x540) Image search: [Google]
1411965230896.jpg
29 KB, 638x540
okay senpai. JUST FMSU

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/EDHeaden/

p.s. i'm already working on the all phone pics thing. I just got to the area.
>>
File: 3902573825_e58c8ba1a5.jpg (137 KB, 332x500) Image search: [Google]
3902573825_e58c8ba1a5.jpg
137 KB, 332x500
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/oliverlion

fuck me up senpai
>>
>>22978094
I've had a few fat chicks message me, yeah, but when I was using OKC I hooked up with a *lot* of decidedly non-fat girls. The majority of people I met were in actually pretty athletic shape.

I didn't get a ton of messages, I just wrote half decent messages and had an apparently pretty good profile.

OKC was fucking great for my self-esteem, hopped onto it after an abusive relationship fell apart.
>>
>>22949081
People can see through the shit of "two hours preparing and taking shots for their casual 'JUST DOING WHATEVER" photos, but it's not a this or that situation. You can take, or have, decent pictures. The first fucking thing you're advertising yourself with is your picture, so have a fucking engaging picture.

It should be you at your best, it should be you looking like you're *fun/interesting/someone who might actually be worth spending some time with*. It should never look like a dead pan picture you took while staring into a mirror.

Think about it like a job interview: How you're portrayed speaks a shit ton about you, and can stop people from giving a shit about what your resume looks like.

>>22949615
I really fucking hate Tinder personally, but that's just because I really really really hate the one liner trade off's and vapid conversation. OKC worked really fucking well for me, personally, but I tended to write personalized messages that were relatively engaging and showed off a fair bit of character.

At least ~locally~, OKC is viewed to be more 'serious' with longer/larger conversations, Tinder is more quick dates and hookups, and POF is a weird combination of the two.

>>22949081
Going to revisit this quickly:

Remember standard principles of 'show, don't tell'. To draw point to your pictures - SHOW YOUR FUCKING INTERESTS IN THEM. You have a whole bunch of physical interests, have some fucking pictures from that. It's part of that whole 'HEY DOES DIFFERENT THINGS, IS FUN'.

>> I have so many interests, love learning about so many subjects and have been involved with so many things in my life that I can't point to one and call it my defining feature.

Is empty as fuck. "I have so many interests". "I love learning about so many subjects". These are undefined. I'm not a chick, but do they really work as a hook during a 'once over'? I .. Doubt it. It just sounds plain.
>>
>>22949081

>> intelligent conversation

My rule of thumb for people is anyone that makes a point of trying to draw attention to 'traits' of theirs, probably don't have that trait. The people who shout about how intelligent there are, and go out of their way to throw in 'four dollar words' probably don't have that leg to stand on. The people who are intelligent just .. Do their own fucking thing and people end up realizing it.

Also, speaking of that:

>>Pontificate
>>express one's opinions in a way considered annoyingly pompous and dogmatic.

Why the fuck are you using pontificate.

>> Proud to say I know the owner of the best tea house in the Seattle area.

Why the fuck does this matter? You're bragging about other peoples accomplishments. This is something you can say when you are like "Hey! Want to grab a cup of tea with me? I know the owner at this really awesome cafe" - or you just, you know, go in and chat with the owner like its not a big deal. Because it's not a big fucking deal. It just sounds obnoxious. By all means make it "And I happen to know the best little tea shop in Seattle" or something like that, because it in turn makes it a hook - people can ask what shop that is, or compare their own favorite places, or anything like that. It gives *incentive to talk* and, it's a talking point.

(I'll ignore the lack of the Oxford comma, despite it paining me.)

>> being a caring, empathetic human being to others.

Object permanence is fine. It's a joke. A common one. This however comes back to the whole "show, don't tell".

>> A whole lotta little things. Movie, cold reading short stories, symphony, metal show. It runs the gamut.

>>Movie

>>Fucking, just, 'movie'.

Your profile seems boring/cold/dispassionate, and your profile picture reinforces it as 'boring/cold/dispassionate'.
>>
>>22959096
My stance is always pretty firmly 'Do what you want to do, when you want to do it'. That being said, you get along in conversation. Fucking great. Do you like tea? Coffee? Invite her to a fucking tea shop, or coffee shop, or both! If you choose a little cafe, it's a nice casual environment where there's no big expectation, you're not forced to shut up (whether by large meals or movies or what not), she can duck out if she feels uncomfortable, yadda yadda.

Tea shops are fucking awesome dates. Then again, I also just really bloody love tea. So. Hey!

But yes. Just invite her to something casual, talk, flirt, feel out vibes, and if you like it, maybe throw a more formalized date out at her.

>>22960526
>>Too easy
>>Since June
>>6 months ago
>>9 women
>>Wow look at this fucking guy.

>>22964202
You will get more messages reaching out to people than just passively waiting for them.

>>22966914
I got lucky in my case because I have a lot of friends who are models or photographers, so I just ended up accruing a couple really good pictures of me.

But in general, pictures that show some personality and life to you.

>>22976895
Answering questions means that you'll get sorted higher in folks match percentage if they tend to think along your lines, but it doesn't guarantee you receive messages.

Message people.
>>
>>22982191
thanks!
>>
File: 1381459481777.gif (149 KB, 241x182) Image search: [Google]
1381459481777.gif
149 KB, 241x182
How do you guys keep doing it? I deleted mine a couple weeks ago after too many brain-dead creepers kept messaging me with shit like "hey how r u?" or "ur cute, wanna hook up?" Even when I said in my profile that people need to actually put thought/effort into their messages. And I'm a guy, so there are probably tons of women that have had it even worse than I did.

And don't say >implying people actually read profiles
Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.