[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All my D&D nerds. Get in here? Post your favorite edition,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20151209_151109.jpg (322 KB, 2393x684) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151209_151109.jpg
322 KB, 2393x684
All my D&D nerds. Get in here?

Post your favorite edition, character build and I memory with your favorite character.

Also if you want to start a game, post your area code and the edition you want to play.

Let's see how this goes...
>>
I play a 2nd Level 4channer with a 7 charisma. My 1st level spell is Photoshop Blemishes, it ensures I get at least a 6 on rate posts.

Seriously though I have played pathfinder, 3rd edition and 2nd edition. Is 5th Ed worthy of trying?
>>
>>22932427
I was a level3 warrior, but then I took a arrow to the knee.....oh wait, wrong thread
>>
I've played a lot of 3rd, 3.5, 4th and 5th edition. I'd have to say I'm really enjoying 5th edition.

My group I play with weekly is currently going through all the old school modules and I'm not looking forward to Tomb of Horrors.
>>
tomb of horrors is great if you don't like the current character you are playing hahaha

Good to hear positive reaction on 5th edition, I will have to find a group. I have been dming a pathfinder group but thats coming to a conclusion in the next few weeks.
>>
Haven't had a character in a long time. I'm always dungeon master. I usually create custom campaigns for my friends since they prefer roleplay and exploration over actual combat.

>nat 20 spot check
>player gets to see that NPC through walls

>nat 20 bluff to lure botanist away to see ultra rare flower
>he actually finds it moments before
>nat 20 sneak attack to the head

We used a phone app for die since we forgot ours, it was handing out 20s all day.
>>
>>22932427
I play pathfinder, haven't tried playing 5th Ed
>>
>>22932427
I haven't played in a few months but my game of choice is Pathfinder
My favorite character to make is probably cleric because pathfinder is so diverse with their options
I've also played 3.5 and 4th edition, and other tabletop rpgs I've enjoyed are world of darkness and shadowrun

haven't tried 5 yet, what's the verdict?
>>
>>22932427
480, here writing a co-dm campaign with a buddy for 5e
>>
>>22933236
>>22933237
You should, it's by far the best edition yet.
>>
My favorite edition is 4th. Out of all the editions, I've found it the easiest to run.

My favorite character build is either a rogue, r wizard, or a combination of the two.

I don't have a favorite character moment per say, but I was really amused by the first game I ran. It was the D&D red box edition. My brother and his friend were the players. His friend made a dark elf assassin named Bloodbath. My brother rolled up Zeke the halfling lemonade salesman. For a few weeks I ran some very strange adventures with them, until we got bored.
>>
Why not just use /tg/
>>
I've done 2.0 in countless computerized games, and that shit's complicated. No idea how the fuck you'd do it on paper and shit.
3.5 would be the favorite though.
Usually do a wizard/sorcerer or some other caster type.
Favorite creation was a "jack of all trades" which was a human with two levels in 10 base classes.
Stats weren't bad by 20, and was a very diverse set of skills. Excellent role play character.

Not sure if I'll look back in this thread, but if anyone in the 416 looking to build a group, I'd be interested.
>>
I prefer Pathfinder, but strickly D&D I'd say 3.5
Favorite character ( pathfinder) was either a Lvl 13 Paladin ( Had been an anti-paladin so gm let me have the skill set. She pretended to be an asshole)

Lvl 9 Nagaji Paladin ( 28 charisma, 5 intelligence.) Sweetest thing, dumb as a door with her tower shield. She WAS the trap finder.
>>
Glad to see at least a few people are into this.

I've played 2 games of pathfinder which is fun but the DM was kinda... Off? Not the best at being in control of the situation, especially since I like to break the game with crazy shit I do.

I've been playing 5th ed for about 6 months and I like it a lot. My DM is great and is very quick on the pick up when me and the other drink guy in my group do crazy shit.

Favorite moments.
>playing horde of the dragon queen
>be lvl 6 trifling warlock of the great old one
>go to a hunting lodge full of cultists
>light it on fire
>run around back
> use detect thoughts to see if anyone is coming or close
>find a giant 4 headed troll
>me and bard using my telepathic powers convince the troll to join us BC the cult is going against the troll's God's plans
>troll has a bunch of ambush drakes
>use troll to kill dragon cult

Second favorite moment
>be orc barbarian
>try to hit on half elf so I can get her pregnant (one of the outlander traits is trying to expand my clan)
>roll persuasion
>3
>fuuuuuuuu
>she rolls a natural one against
>has my baby
>>
my first and favorite edition is the 3th one, started playing pathfinder when they release the shameful 4th WOW edition; wanna try the 5th but my group is playing Numenera.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.