[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /soc/, I have a question for you guys. There's this girl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Savanahh.jpg (43 KB, 597x598) Image search: [Google]
Savanahh.jpg
43 KB, 597x598
Hi /soc/, I have a question for you guys. There's this girl that I'd really like to try to date, but I hardly ever see her around my town. We're friends on pretty much every social media site, but I'd like to get to know her better. Since you guys are supposed to be about this stuff, do you have any tips for getting a date/getting to know her?

Pic related.
>>
Show pic, explain her personality, show your pic, explain how you view yourself.
>>
Don't be a puss. Talk to her more on social media, try to get her number text/call her regularly. Go on lunch. Asker her to see a movie... But just don't be a pussy
>>
maybe you should just message her on fb or something and tell her you see her around and you want to get to know her better

ask her out for coffee or something

it might fail but to be completely h with you, most efforts with the opposite sex do
>>
File: me.jpg (514 KB, 1080x1384) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
514 KB, 1080x1384
>>22923425
Well, that's just it. I don't see her very often, and as a result haven't gotten to know her that well. I know she is a fairly spontaneous person with a like of travelling and a love of Harry Potter. Above pic is of her.

I view myself as a dedicated person. I'm a full-time college student who is also advancing my working career. I have a job interview with Alyeska Pipeline next week for contract IT work. I'm a volunteer firefighter who loves serving the community and I'd like to think I'm somewhat confident. I don't think I'm too bad looking but I'll let you decide.
>>
>>22923414
>>22923482

Neither of you is attractive.

Stop taking it so seriously and just ask her to a movie. Worst that will happen is she says no.
>>
File: Sav2.jpg (31 KB, 347x388) Image search: [Google]
Sav2.jpg
31 KB, 347x388
>>22923499
Eh, you think she isn't? Really?
>>
>>22923482
Well bro, you seem like a responsible and intelligent young man, at least you have something, unlike some losers with no goals. Well your good bro, ask her out, and compliment her. Ask if she would like to hang out somewhere, maybe a spot she enjoys. Just talk to her, and don't worry about it. If you don't go for it now, you'll regret it. If you have money and can take her out somewhere nice, even better. To many losers out there, your good to go.
>>
Oh and flowers, lots of flowers, and make her feel beautiful, by complimenting her. Try to do cute things for her, buy her chocolates or chips that she likes. Always be respectful
>>
Don't take this the wrong way, but you both look goofy as fuck, and young as... also fuck.Work with that. What I'd try is looking for some event in Anchorage that's relevant to her interests and inviting her through a mutual friend or with a "Here's this thing I'm doing; thought it might be up your alley" message. People bond well on car trips and your town looks hell of uninteresting anyhow. Break out.
>>
Sing her cute songs if your voice ain't that bad, and try to see if you relate to her music, it helps.
>>
>>22923482
P.s. get her Harry potter shit if she likes it as a b day gift or x mas gift food for thought >.<
>>
>>22923565
Haha Anchorage is about 170 miles from where we live by road. Plus the drive through the mountains is terrible this time of year. But, there is an event coming up that might be interesting. I'll keep it in mind.
>>22923571
Can't sing without someone holding tune to save my life.
>>
>>22923602
Also noted. But can it really be as simple as just asking to go out to lunch via Facebook? Frankly, it seems so impersonal, but it does seem to be the only option.
>>
>>22923482
Baby you hot what I need song doesn't need to be sung with a beautiful voice, lol but yeah, the dudes advice is good, take it. Buy her a stuffed animal if you end up in a date or talking. Just try to do things spontaneously too, like ask her what her favorite flowers are, then surprise her one day with them. Pablo neruda has some deep poetry, but that's something else.
>>
>>22923626
Stupid auto correct, "baby you got what I need" song, that worked for me. I sang her that song for weeks, and then she became my girlfriend. Lol
>>
>>22923611
Yeah that simple, but find ways of not making it awkward, like the movies or even a restaur.nt. Ask her about what food she enjoys eating, and take her out to that type of restaurant.
>>
>>22923565
Define "goofy"?
>>
>>22923678
"Restaurant"? Buddy, they're in Alaska. All they have is salmon streams and caribou meat fresh off the skull. Anyone caught with so much as a bag of chips usually ends up stabbed by itinerant gold miners. The larger cities have the occasional luncheonette, but you can catch diphtheria from just glancing in the window. "Restaurant", he says. Heh.
>>
>>22923760
And we live in igloos and ride polar bears to work too!
>>
>>22923766
Ever ridden your polar bear THROUGH the pipeline, like a waterslide? That would be the shit.
>>
Alaska aye, well he gets the point.
>>
>>22923772
That would be quite the ride. 800 miles of warm oily fun! The bear would have a blast.
>>
>>22923774
An adventure to propose to your ladyfriend, eh?
>>
>>22923782
Eh. We'll see if it even gets that far. How to start though? "Hi Femmeanon, how've you been? Random question; what kind of food do you like?"

It just sounds weird/awkward.
>>
>>22923797
You talk to her as a friend, and just bring it up like.... "man I love Chinese food, what do you prefer?" And then she tells you and you guys giggle about child hood memories and how you thought you were psychic in 3 rd grade. Stuff like that.
>>
>>22923812
Try to be funny, if that doesn't work, laugh at your own jokes, and hope she finds that cute.
>>
>>22923482
Damn you move on fast. Saw you a few weeks ago asking about another chick
>>
>>22923836
Realized that Arizona is too far away. Reality check.
>>
>>22923606
>But, there is an event coming up that might be interesting. I'll keep it in mind.
See, you're good to go. If you too nervous to go alone with her ask a friend to tag along.
You get to know each other a bit better that way and if it clicks a little bit you can ask her out to a date.

On a side Note, i like to take girls to the Aquarium. Dont know why, i just love the place and it makes me feel relaxed. And it's beautiful. If you got a place like that (something to look at, talking, making fun of fishies or whatever else there is, makes it easier for me to break the ice). Im just not that "hey, i like you, we should Date"-kinda guy. Little local fiars (? The things with food and rides and shit, dont know what it's called in merrikanski) are also pretty sweet.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.