[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there so many edgy/"alternative" types on /soc/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: blackperson.jpg (315 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
blackperson.jpg
315 KB, 960x1280
Why are there so many edgy/"alternative" types on /soc/?
>>
>>22922467
You're on an edgy, alternative website
>>
>>22922467
I don't know but septum piercings are nasty as hell.
>>
>>22922467
Well, I'm pretty average so I wouldn't know
>>
>alternative

This is not alternative anymore. That looks like today's mainstream.
>>
>>22922480
just like your mom
>>
Because people who dress and "express" themselves in somewhat aggressive manners (unsual piercings, tatoos, clothing etc.) are usually dealing with interpersonal problems and have a somewhat troubled past involving parents, abuse, neglect, molestation, rape etc.

And thus they use these sorts of "expressions of themselves" as an expression of their mental or emotional difficulties. Edgy indeed, but it's honestly the truth, whether you realize it or not. People don't chose to dress and carry themselves like your pic related if they came from healthy families where parents are attentive, nurturing and supportive of their child. And the child grew up in a safe enviornment where no one abused them, sexually, physically etc.

So when you see someone like this, understand that something is going on in their lives that is causing them to dress like this. And indeed their dress and apperance is a projection of their "trauma" they have suffered in the past. Hence the aggressive vibe, the wild behavior etc.

Now as to why they browse /soc/ I am not exactly sure but I am sure it has something to do with more depressed people browse the internet and I'm postitive lots of depressed people, who have some negative feelings of other people, browse /soc/ because it is a no-strings-attached, non-committal area where we can all "test the waters", see what other people look like and do and if we don't like it, if we feel like things are too threatning or close, we just exit the site, don't meet up or whatever.
>>
File: Snapchat-5016313006324756774.jpg (672 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-5016313006324756774.jpg
672 KB, 1080x1920
>>22922540
I match a few?
>>
File: jXiqsEC.png (974 KB, 588x728) Image search: [Google]
jXiqsEC.png
974 KB, 588x728
>>22922540
But honestly good input
>>
>>22922496
My mom is dead, shit head.
>>
>>22922566
Nice rhymes, now let me try. When did she die? Did you lay down and cry? Did you scream out WHY GOD WHY. Did you let out a heavy sigh, wondering why you were left alive? Or was that sentence just a deceitful lie? Oh my this shit is pretty fly.
>>
>>22922611
For some reason I believe, you rhymed to me, before you see?
>>
>>22922540
Often people who like to psychoanalyze others (be they strangers or acquaintances) often feel as though they alone hold some special insight into the hearts and minds of those around them. This feeling of superiority is often bolstered when such individuals boldly claim they understand how others think better than they themselves.

Like a schoolyard bully these self-diagnosed self-help experts prey on others in order to feel better about themselves, pointing out the flaws in others in the hopes that no one will recognize their own. Unlike a common bully though, these people pick on others under the guise of kindness because "it's for their own good."

The same pop psychology that drives Dr Phil is that fuels these people, anything they can use to dump on others. They then sit back and pat themselves on the back for being such smart, insightful, and helpful human beings.
>>
>>22922467
They tend to be the biggest attention whores
>>
>>22922625
Have you ever heard of /r/gonewild? 90% are white bread good girls who just want some attention for once in their life
>>
>>22922566
oldest excuse in the book

>>22922644
What's /r/gonewildcolor then?
>>
>>22922644
That changes nothing though
The biggest attention whores on this site have bright colored hair piercings and or tattoos
They are the normals that act like they are abnormal
>>
>>22922467
We need to purge the degenerates desu
>>
>>22922540

you're kinda right

but you're overlooking the somehow more pathetic but less sympathize-able ones who had a perfect and healthy childhood and rebel against nothing because of their peers or inability to actually work and accept life, or their depression due to the futility of 21st century upper-class living with nothing to struggle against or work towards

i had a pretty weird childhood and i'm proud that i made it out as normal and happy as i am
>>
>>22922553
no
>>22922562
thanks
>>22922622
nice one. I don't feel like I have a special insight, anyone can learn this stuff if you are passionate about it.

I've been in therapy for several years now, I don't think I have a problem with people pointing out my flaws. It makes me uncomfortable, but I feel like if someone has the balls to say something like that too me, it's worth investigating.

Also I am not picking on them, I never said what they are doing is bad, stupid, foolish, naive or whatever. It's human behavior in response to overwhelming circumstances (often times).

It's also not pop pyschology. I have never heard any daytime talk show, tumblr page or what have you talk about real interpersonal issues, what abuse can do to children and how to actually solve it rather than saying "stop"

No one says you need several years of therapy, avoid chaotic relationships and find some supportive freinds. That isn't sexy, it's just good advice but it doesn't really get good reactions from most people. Rather than Dr. Phil berating someone for being fat and telling them to get some will power and control over their life. That's raw and emotional and people are attracted to that.

I'm not better than anyone my comment is talking to, I'm honestly one of them whose been through things and is nearing the end of the bad part of it. And I'd like to help people sometime in the future (on a real-life basis.)
>>
I'm a regular 32 year old dad..... but the edgy chicks from 18-milf fucking slay me.
>>
>>22922480
THIS, MY FUCKING GOD, THIS. WHY THE CUTIES ALWAYS HAVE A NOSE RING, WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!111
>>
>>22922666
Just go to the catalog right now.
How many cocks/tits/asses/etc do you see?
How many belong to "alternative" people?
>>
>>22922467
>wondering why there are so many introverts on an anonymous image board for socially inept people.

Use your brain breh
>>
>>22922697
>introvert
>hair 1 million colors with 1 million piercings
>>
>>22922467
>>22922540
>>22922666
People who stand out... stand out. It's easy to forget another blond bimbo, but spiderweb tattoos on tits sticks in the mind. It's easy to forget just another cock pick, but a prince albert, less so.

Alternative people are easier to remember so thinking back it's easier to think there's more of them than there are.
>>
>>22922716
makes sense honestly
>>
>>22922540
or you're reading too much into it, and beauty is subjective. so, some people might find an 'edgy' appearance to be simply aesthetically pleasing to them.

or, 'yknow, let's go with your theory, dr.phil. they were raped in their past and that's why they put metal in their face.
>>
>>22922786
Believe what you want. But I almost guarentee you if you ask someone who, is over the age lets say 20 and dresses like this, among other things. They will have a history of some sort of trauma, drug abuse or something that would otherwise be unhealthy for development in people and lead to unhealthy choices. Unfourtunately.
>>
File: image.png (478 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.png
478 KB, 768x1024
>girl lack real value, personality, hobbies, work ethic
>girl is insecure
>makes up for personality by looking edgy to be a rebel and stand out
"Don't conform to society" chicks
>her hobby is shopping and everything vain related
>make up, hair, nails, clothes, shoes, and bags aren't cheap
>girl stays poor

Literally the type of girl you fuck but don't bring home to ma
>>
File: 1262490473747.jpg (126 KB, 450x373) Image search: [Google]
1262490473747.jpg
126 KB, 450x373
>mfw
>this /thread
>pic related
>also terrible psychological hermeneutic analysis on everyone's part
>facepalm.jpg
>>
>>22922716
True... but they are ztll ,ustsorthy
>>
They're doing crazy shit to experiment and take out their frustration, to regain control of their lives.
As opposed to you edgy faggots who take out your frustration by shit talking women on the internet.
>>
File: hkgkjy.jpg (206 KB, 831x524) Image search: [Google]
hkgkjy.jpg
206 KB, 831x524
>>22922467
Around blacks, never relax.

>tfw I relaxed
>>
File: IMG_6892.jpg (4 MB, 5472x3072) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6892.jpg
4 MB, 5472x3072
>>22922467
Because it's fun.
>>
I guess edgy people likes attention. This is an attanetion board, we're all attention whores and we all know it
>>
>>22922467
Where? All I see are autists and normies that want their egos rubbed.
>>
>>22922832
>>22922691
>>22922540
I wish I could take your personality and shove it into a perfect looking woman. That'd be sublime.
>>
>>22922467

> Why are there so many attention whores on a board for attention whores?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.