[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/soc/, Do you have any talents, hobbies, stuff that you genu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 11
File: hobbies.png (13 KB, 824x410) Image search: [Google]
hobbies.png
13 KB, 824x410
/soc/, Do you have any talents, hobbies, stuff that you genuinely are engaged & interested in?
Welcome are: videos, pictures, stories, basically proof that you have done it/doing it

I`ll start: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmdzkWNxGjk
(the 2nd guy is me and keep in mind this video was uploaded 2 years ago and I no longer post shuffle videos)
Feel free to ask anything.
>>
File: toopink.jpg (100 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
toopink.jpg
100 KB, 960x540
I draw stuff
and also write bad poems
>>
File: 20151206_135109.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151206_135109.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
I like observing the weather. I have a weather station and I record the results in excel, and soon enough I'll have a table of weather averages for my house.

This is my main 'odd' hobby apart from the usuals like vidya, reading, cooking, bushwalking and sports.

Pic related is my monitor. Rain total is wrong since I was assembling the station and I applied pressure to the rain gauge kek
>>
File: manuel.png (213 KB, 543x685) Image search: [Google]
manuel.png
213 KB, 543x685
I draw. I'm still not that good at it, but I'm learning. I joined a workshop a few months ago and it's done wonders for my work.
>>
Hobbies: Kingdom Hearts
Interests: Kingdom Hearts
>>
Any /soc/ people play Smash bros Melee competitively? I've been playing since 08 if you follow the scene you might know my name.
>>
Cars and writing. I drive an e36 bmw and recently got the exhaust done, if that counts. Pic is part of the process
>>
>>22921886
This is actually pretty cool. Not something 'd care to do myself but different and cool for sure.
>>
>>22921924
r u abate
>>
>>22921964
No but I like kinda close
>>
>>22921932
Thanks! I have had this passion for a couple of years now, I just recently got the weather station as you can see and I'm loving it lol.

As for the smash bros thing, I don't watch it competitively but I play casually with m8s.
>>
>>22922020
what's your main character? and how popular are you?
>>
>>22922034
Puff, and I'm locally well known. I normally make it out of pools.
>>
File: possums.jpg (67 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
possums.jpg
67 KB, 500x500
I draw, but I haven't been happy with any of it in a while.
>>
>>22922068
oh oh oh I really like that
what dissatisfies you about it
>>
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 640x1136
I work in a shelter with the dogs, which was my hobby before I got hired. I do local dog training as a hobby as well, and I read just about any domestic animal welfare study I can find. but outside of that my hobbies are mainly concerts and Nintendo games, pokemon collecting too

>proof
one of my favorite dogs at the shelter atm. his name's Duke
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 600x600
>>22922281
I've always wanted to work with animals. Do you get paid at the shelter or is it just something you enjoy doing on your spare time? I'd imagine working with dogs and cats and stuff is a million times better than working with humans.
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 532x743) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 532x743
>>22922323
I used to do it just as a hobby/volunteer work, when a paid staff position opened up in the kennel they asked me if I wanted the job since I had volunteered so long. I've never regretted it since

>a million times better than working with humans
extremely true, the only downside is shitty owners (since we take abuse/neglected/surrendered/stray animals) and potential adopters who are major assholes. otherwise it's a pretty good gig if you aren't afraid of hard work

pic related, Cane Corso mix named cooper. big tough looking guy that's scared of other dogs, loud noises, being alone, his own shadow, and pretty much everything else. I usually spend my lunches with him in our "quiet room" to try and help the poor guy relax. we tried sending him to a Cane Corso rescue for more one on one help, but unfortunately they were too far away to help us out
>>
File: Ballbuster2.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ballbuster2.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
Skiing and cycling.
>>
Skateboarding and playing music.
>Underage b&
Nah senpai, I'm 22 I just like to enjoy myself I guess.
>>
>>22922199
Haha, thanks.
I guess I just worry too much about being cliche.
And I do a lot of doodles/illustrations but nothing ever takes longer than a day. I have a hard time motivating myself to do bigger projects. :(
>>
>>22922384
"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated"
>>
Tarot
Harmonica
Psychadelics
Festivals
Football (soccer to yanks)
Diy woodwork
Gambling (tesco wages on muggy 14-fold accas)
>>
>>22923751
Big up ghandi FaM
>>
>>22923751
Vegan master race
>>
Old video games and cooking. And writing but it's not like anybody reads it.

I did try writing a food blog once but the only people who looked at it was a few old ladies from my church who clicked the link on my Facebook wall.

send help.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1449572387552.jpg (55 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1449572387552.jpg
55 KB, 720x960
>>22922384
Too many feels, man. Love mah doggehs. My gf is a vet (Dr., not a tech). Animal control brought in this cocker spaniel puppy. He had been given to a soldier who had returned from Iraq with PTSD. He beat the fuck out of the puppy. So badly that his leg was broken and his eye was bulging out of its socket. The doctors asked Animal Control what they would like to have done with the puppy. They said fix him up, but ultimately he would be euthanized. My gf had a cocker spaniel growing up and said that she would take him. As a doctor, she knew she could take proper care of him. They removed one of his eyes and got his broken leg fixed. That was about 3.5 years ago before she and I met.

Anyway, he's an amazing dog now. He's Capt. Finnegan O'Sullivan. He's a pirate (cuz one eye, duh). He's very well adjusted, isn't skittish, very active (loves his Chuck It), and loves being with his people. Only problem he has is with depth perception. Unless a door is wide open, he can't figure out he can just push the door open the rest of the way to walk through the doorway. He's in bed with his momma right now while I drink my tea and hang out with you weirdos.

>pic related. Is doggeh
>>
>>22921857
Hobbies/Interest
My fucking awesome Motorcycle i could finally get and Paintball
>>
>>22921885
Lets see the Poems anon.

>>22921857
Got the usual stuff, vidya, reading - I´ve been known to table in PnP games, my only unusual hobby is radio work, but ever since the government shut down the piracy broadcast there is nothing new there, maybe one day.
>>
It probably sounds pretty boring, but I do quite a lot of programming and computer networking stuff in my spare time.
I'm always trying to learn new stuff and then build it or try it myself.
I study electrical engineering, because of those interests
Most of the time I say music and drawing when people ask, since I don't feel it's really 'socially accepted'.
Those are also hobbies, but I spend much less time on them.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.