[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Swedes, get in here!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: flagga_small.gif (1 KB, 243x152) Image search: [Google]
flagga_small.gif
1 KB, 243x152
Swedes, get in here!
>>
>>22908447

Hai, reporting in.
>>
File: andwhat.jpg (203 KB, 756x1344) Image search: [Google]
andwhat.jpg
203 KB, 756x1344
>>22908447
Hello, reporting in.
>>
Hejsan
>>
>>22908447

*silence*

*long sound of coffee being slurped and the clinking of porcelain*

*someone clears his throat in the background*
>>
>>22908447
I am not from Sweden, but I am seriously considering moving to live and study in Stockholm.

Could someone give me an advice or two about living in Sweden and general things I should know/consider before going there?
>>
>>22908553
>>22908476

Hej. :)
>>
Meant to be a meetup thread-ish.
>>
>>22908567
Fika.
>>
>>22908567
Do you have any questions in particular? Your post is so vague.
Why are you considering Sweden?
>>
>>22908567

Don't come here. It is fucking awful in Sweden. Weather is shit, politics seems like preschool, and worst of all. NO PLACE TO GET A GOD DAMN PIZZA AFTER 12 IN THE EVENING.
>>
>>22908567

Do as the bouncers tell you.

Stockholm is quite expensive.

People will be rude and walk right into you.
>>
>>22908584
Well, I am simply tired of the lack of opportunities in the country I am currently residing in. I want to change environments, pursue my Master's degree, and lead a normal life.

I chose Sweden, because everyone I ever spoke with about the country, having been/lived there ot not, are stupefied by how well the country and its people are doing in terms of everything. But aside from that, I really like the fact that almost everyone there speaks English. I feel like it's a huge difficulty that I wouldn't have to deal with. Hence, I would be able to incorporate fully in a hasty fashion.

I was mostly wondering about how difficult it would be for an EU citizen to find work there right after arriving. Would I need specific papers in order to legally work?

How about studying? Stipends? Is education free for EU citizens? If not, how much would it cost?

>>22908606
I am from a place with a very harsh climate; that wouldn't bother me at all. I don't enjoy pizzas. Jimmie Åkesson seems questionable indeed though. :P
>>
+ 1 mannen into thread who'll live in Stockholm. Just studying swedish now.
>>
>>22908645
People being able to speak English is good and bad at the same time, as being able to speak it doesn't give you any advantage when it comes to getting a job. I read an article about that long ago. Many people are too naive and believe they can land a job just speaking English and they get disappointed.
>>
>>22908686
Well, no; I wasn't referring to that at all. I've got a degree that can be translated and legalized, and that would be my main argument in any job-hunting endeavour. I was simply stating that it would be easier to enter society in general if I can actually understand people.
>>
>>22908718

What degree and what source country. Are you a medical professional, engineer or other?

If you're part of EU you shouldn't need to do anything I think?
>>
>>22908447

Bump because the thought of a Swedish general amuses me.
>>
File: g00.jpg (155 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
g00.jpg
155 KB, 1080x720
Hej hej älskar mig
>>
>>22909888

Are you a terrorist, or just on MDMA?
>>
>>22908645
well first off, know Sweden isn't the paradise people seem to think it is... it's a pretty normal country desu with its own set of problems.

Also, yes everyone speaks english but you should still make an effort to learn Swedish
>>
>>22909888
Snapchat?
>>
File: image.jpg (369 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
369 KB, 1242x2208
Am I swede mode??
>>
>>22910591
u are swede mode, brother. get in here
>>
File: 20151205_04129HDR.png (2 MB, 1595x984) Image search: [Google]
20151205_04129HDR.png
2 MB, 1595x984
Hur är alla i kväll?
>>
Good morning I guess, jesus I should be in bed. Fml
>>
>>22910605
Day three
The natives believe me swede
Little do they know
>>
>>22908947
I was born in Bulgaria. I moved to Spain at pre-university age. I studied microbiology, which was the field I graduated in. Yes, my passport/ID card are both valid for all the EU; however, I had to obtain national documents in order to legally work and gain benefits aside from the pay in Spain. I assume it has to be the same in Sweden, and I wanted to assure myself that was the case.

>>22909905
I realize there must be a number of issues that Sweden and its citizens are facing; I must, however, disagree with the notion that the country is merely a "normal" one. I can assure you, your standards are a bit off.

Yes, I agree that studying Swedish is something I must do sooner or later, and I am definitely looking forward to it as I have a thing for languages, but not being obligated to dominate it in order to live in Sweden is something I consider to be a very important variable in my favor when it comes to moving in.
>>
anyone in Stckhlm want to get kaffe today
>>
anyone fika i gbg?
>>
You spelt "Kek Thread" wrong.
>>
Jag är fast på en ö för att det fucking blåser för mycket. Skillnad.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.