[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Post your top 5 favorite shows/movies. Huge movie/show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7
File: 49394.jpg (536 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
49394.jpg
536 KB, 1600x1200
ITT: Post your top 5 favorite shows/movies.

Huge movie/show junkie and want to see more threads about them.
>>
I will start off with mine.

>Shows
X-Files
Dexter
Mad Men
Game of Thrones
Hemlock Grove

>Movies
Inglourious Basterds
Prisoners
Martrys
Saw
Oldboy
>>
File: 1428961319549.jpg (122 KB, 869x804) Image search: [Google]
1428961319549.jpg
122 KB, 869x804
>>22879417
This is unique and interesting, I'm in.

TV Shows:
1. Breaking Bad
2. Dexter
3. Damages
4. Twin Peaks
5. House of Cards

In no particular order, of course. I have finished all of them except currently watching Damages and Homebound.

Favorite genres in TV shows tend to be crime dramas, stand up comedies, reality competition shows, cooking shows, mysteries, thrillers, and chinese cartoons.

Movies:
1. American Psycho
2. American History X
3. A Clockwork Orange
4. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
5. Man on Fire

I mostly enjoy dystopians, tearjerkers, documentaries, horror, thrillers, mysteries, action, romance, and I'll dabble in other genres.

I really hate westerns and most romcoms.
>>
File: 34567890.gif (881 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
34567890.gif
881 KB, 500x200
>Shows
Breaking Bad (cliché as fuck but whatever)
True Detectives (1st season)
Game Of Thrones
Mad Men
Sopranos
>Movies
2001: A Space Odyssey
Barry Lyndon (imma kubrickfag desu)
12 Angry Men
Taxi Driver
Seven Samurai

>>22879433
cool taste, id totally be your bro
>>
>>22879521
OH FUCK, i forgot twin peaks. ur a cool guy too.
>>
>>22879521
You have good taste in shows and movies. I am pretty into horror movies the most. Seem cool!

>>22879524
Thanks man, not too bad yourself!
>>
>>22879433
I loved Dexter, you have solid taste there. I saw up to season 3 of Game of Thrones and while I thought it was great, it was honestly getting a bit too emotionally overwhelming for me and as such I kind of fell out of the show. I would definitely continue/rewatch with someone though. I didn't much care for Mad Men as I thought it was somewhat dull and uninteresting. I have heard of but have not seen Hemlock Grove, and the X-Files is a bit before my time.

The only movie on your list I have seen is Saw, which I watched the entire series and loved it. Oh, I just googled and it turns out I watched Prisoners as well. I vaguely remember the ending and something about a box of snakes but I can't recall the conclusion. I remember I was somewhat iffy about it all and felt it was somewhat slow but nonetheless it held it's own by the end, but I probably wouldn't consider it my favorite.

>>22879524
Breaking Bad of course was great, I explained my views on GoT and Mad Men above. Never watched True Detective or Sopranos.

For your movies, the only one I've seen is 2001: A Space Odyssey and it was pretty good, I think I was too young to fully enjoy it when I watched it though. Unfortunately while returning a RedBox movie, I ended up having 2001 in the RedBox case, replaced with a different movie. :(
>>
>>22879567
You seem like you would be very interesting to talk about shows and movies with. Would love to talk more about other shows with you. Skype/kik?
>>
>>22879433
Have you seen Hannibal?
>>
>>22879599
I have seen some of it, want to start it again though.
>>
Judge me
TV Shows
>Mad Men
>Gossip Girl
>Supernatural
>Sopranos
>Bates Motel

Movies
>Phantom of the Paradise
>Howl's Moving Castle
>Princess Bride
>Clockwork Orange
>Battle Royale
>>
>>22879818
But really can we all watch Phantom of the Paradise as a family?
>>
>>22879849
Good taste, except never seen gossip girl so can't say much about that. But everything else is amazing.
>>
>>22879926
Gossip Girl is an extremely over-dramatic stupid girl show but it's never stopped me from shamefullly loving it

I'm so glad that someone else likes Mad Men, all of my friend think its boring. I don't see what's so boring about some Jew cutting his ear off for his fugly boss but whatever.
>>
>>22879417

>Shows
The X-Files
Ash Vs Evil Dead
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
Californication
The Three Stooges

>Movies
Casablanca
Army Of Darkness
Empire Strikes Back
Turbo Kid
Knights Of Badassdom

I have so many movies that I love that it's really hard to choose haha
>>
>>22880008
Always Sunny gives me fucking life
>>
>>22879524
True Detective was so amazing, I enjoyed the second season which a lot of people didn't.Of course it's not as good as the first though.

>>22879433
My friends made me watch Hemlock Grove and I disliked it but The X-Files is the greatest show ever made! I am so ready for the new mini series coming out
>>
>>22880014
I am so ready for the new season! After I finish a few episodes of American Horror Story, I'm going to pop sunny into my player an go ham
>>
>>22880028
Niggaaaa, are you on the newest season of AHS?
>>
Movies

Fantastic Mr. Fox
The Labyrinth
Reservoir Dogs
There Will Be Blood
Stoker

Shows

Friends
Power Puff Girls
Freakazoid
Samurai Shamploo
Are you Being Served?
>>
Shows
American Gothic (doubt much of you have seen this)
AHS
Breaking Bad
Once upon a time
TWD
Movies:
My Neighbor Totoro
War Of the Worlds
Phantom of the Opera
and Labyrinth
>>
>>22880055
Labyrinth with David Bowie?
Did anyone else think it was a little weird that David Bowie was basically trying to fuck some 15 year old?
>>
>>22880050
I'm on season 2, I bought all of the seasons on Ebay but have never seen the show so I'm taking the time now to watch it.

Asylum is okay but I don't think it's better than the first though.
>>
>>22880051
Freakazoid was way before its time
>>
>>22880080
Yes with David Bowie the original scene kid.
He wasn't human so it was okay xD
>>
>>22880085
Season 1 is the best out of all of them and always will be. Basically with each season it gets worse and weirder. If you paid money for Season 4 I'm sorry.
>>
>>22880080
Shhhh
David Bowie is David Bowie.
I honestly think it was just about ownership and being King. Aside from that I can imagine 15 was an acceptable age if you base the norm off of the time period the realm of Jareth was in.

>>22880101
Yes it was.
>>
>>22880122
I love Evan Peters as Tate zOMG <3
>>
File: WIN_20151130_23_23_32_Pro.jpg (32 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20151130_23_23_32_Pro.jpg
32 KB, 640x360
Bumping with tits so more people will talk with me about AHS
>>
>>22880122
I got them all brand new for 31 dollars so even if it's bad, I got a hell of a deal.
I heard that Hotel is really shitty and that Covenant was good but nothing at all about 4 aside from what you've said.
>>
>>22880133
You are cringeworthy
>>
>>22880133
Evan Peters doesn't make for a bad serial killer in season 5 either
>>
>>22880137
post feet
>>
>>22880138
I just started Hotel and it is definitely better than season 4 so far, but it's still not as good as 1-3. Coven is a good story but it isn't even a little bit scary like the first seasons were. It's mostly just drama. I've rewatched the first season twice now.
>>
>>22880137
In my opinion AHS could be so much better. Season 1&2 we're eh. Only enjoyed 3 and beginning of 4. Its pretty shit but could have a lot of potential.
>>
>>22880160
I work on my feet 50+ hours a week, you don't want to see and I don't want to put you through that.
>>
Gosh I love him Yall are haters lol
>>
1. spartacus
2. game of thrones
3. how i met your mother
4. boy meets world
5. avatar/lok

1. the prestige
2. gladiator
3. pitch perfect
4. star wars saga
5. home alone 2
>>
File: SpiritMeAway.png (446 KB, 583x574) Image search: [Google]
SpiritMeAway.png
446 KB, 583x574
>Shows
BoardWalk Empire
Kill La Kill
Samurai Champloo
TTGL
Workaholics

>Movies
Pretty much every Ghibli movie ever
Harry Potter series
LotR
Inglourious Basterds
Mulan

I either have pleb taste or I'm 6 years old still but I fuckin' love this shit
>>
>>22880180
I am super glad fucking emma roberts isnt in the new season ugggh i cant stand that cunts face.
>>
>>22880184
Awesome taste man, seem like a cool guy and pretty cute too.
>>
>>22880184
I love how honest you were
>>
>>22880133
I don't get the Tate obsession, he is a school shooting, serial killer, rapist. lol
>>22880166
I laughed so hard during the music sequence in season 2 because it caught me off guard but season 1 I think could have resolved a lot better than it did. It turned into like Casper meets Full House

>>22880174
I think if a network like HBO picked it up, it would be able to expand more into the gore and sexual content.
>>
File: blech.jpg (114 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
blech.jpg
114 KB, 1024x576
couldn't pick just 5, sorry.

>movies
lat den ratte komma in
martyrs
pan's labyrinth
leon the professional
28 days later
repo! the genetic opera

>tv shows
hannibal
game of thrones
fargo
bones
law and order
ed edd n eddy
>>
>>22880184
Workaholics is literally my life but me and all of my roommates work at VS and take shots in the sports bar on our breaks. Drink Rumpleminze at work, it's like you just brushed your teeth.

>>22880188
That hoe beat Evan Peters
>>
>>22880214
Agreed. It seems pretty toned down. I think it tries too hard to be edgy. I dunno just not my cup of tea.
>>
>>22880214
It's the blonde hair innocent look, plus i remembered him as spongebob in sleepover.
>>
>>22879521
Would chill with you, would wife if female. All my faves up in there.
>>
>>22880214
>Casper meets full house
Underrated description

I don't know how far you've gotten, but as soon as you here the phrase "Mossy Bank" I promise you will be on the floor
>>
>>22879417
> Shows
IASIP
30 Rock
Bojack Horseman

> Movies
Synecdoche NY
A Serious Man
The Truman Show
Oldboy
>>
>>22880223
Been wanting to check out Fargo, but eh it seems interesting but also seems really complicated.
>>
>>22880228
One of the few shows to genuinely make me laugh my ass off, I've got a Top Gun hat that just got ruined because I wore it to Life in Color

>>22880199
>>22880197
Thx y'all I appreciate it
>>
>>22880137
the only good season of ahs were 1 (at least the beginning) and 3. coven was enjoyable from beginning to end, and the clothes were great.

the only thing this current season has going for it is lady gaga, who is doing a better job than i thought she would.
>>
>>22880223
Repo was such a surprisingly good movie, it exceeded my expectations.
>>22880239
I had no idea that he was in that hahahha
>>22880236
I think so too, it's seems like a lot of that fanbase consist of the "I'm a big horror fan" but all they watch is Walking Dead or AHS haha
>>22880246
I passed that, it was pretty funny. Right now I'm at the end of Season 2.

The maid from Season 1 was so ridiculously hot though, it blew my mind.
>>
>>22880275
Yessss
>>
>>22880258
I cried at the episode where they have to kill all of those fucking rats
>>
>>22880275
I think maybe that's why I don't like it because I'm so used to watching actual horror films with gore in it or an actual scary plot to it
>>
>>22879417
I like going outside
>>
>>22880275
One of my favorite characters, it's a shame that she didn't turn out to be a recurring actress
>>
>>22880298
I was hoping that she would be and when I googled it, it was a huge letdown haha.

>>22880286
Same, American Horror Story is more of a drama than anything but I prefer it over Walking Dead by far.
It would have been way better off on HBO or Starz
>>
>>22880318
You seem like a cool dude, Skype/kik?
>>
File: zydratecomesinalittleglassvial.jpg (111 KB, 777x700) Image search: [Google]
zydratecomesinalittleglassvial.jpg
111 KB, 777x700
>>22880275
it's pretty campy and lame if you're not used to musicals but it's so good.

i even bought my own zydrate gun, haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVTAf4FAXaU
>>
>>22879417
>Shows
The Strain (just season one because the kid ruined everything)
AHS (second season best season)
Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Breaking Bad
Gme of Thrones

>Movies
Moon (2009)
Old Boy
Wes Anderson
Drive
El Topo

Just naming five is bullshit my movie list could go on and on.
>>
>>22880334
That's so awesome.

I enjoyed how dark it was whle remaining funny
>>
In no specific order.

>TV Shows:
The Sopranos
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Dexter
Better Call Saul (only one season, but i love it!)

I also like Sherlock, Hannibal, True Detective, The Walking Dead, Fargo ...
I could list a lot more TV Shows, in general i rather watch a good show than a movie.

>Movies:
The Shawshank Redemption
Inception
American History X
American Beauty
Crank

I love blockbuster movies from Christopher Nolan and so on, i also appreciate a good comedy movie like from Seth Rogen. Or smaller movies like Whiplash or Big Bad Wolves.
>>
>Shows
Game of Thrones
Doctor Who
True Detective
Supernatural
Parks and Recreation

>Movies (+2)
Oldboy (Park Chan-wook)
Donnie Darko
The Shawshenk Redemption
Only God Forgives
Inglourious Basterds
Prisoners
Macbeth (Justin Kurzel)

That was difficult...
>>
23/f

Shows
1. Nathan For You
2. Eastbound and Down
3. Daria
4. Breaking Bad
5. Twin Peaks

Can't think of any favorite movies
>>
>>22882938
Awesome choices.
>>
>>22879595
>>22879538
Thanks! I would add you but I am not too sure about just randomly posting my Skype here. Last time I did I received about 30 adds.

;_;

>>22880243
Am indeed a grill. I'll husbando you if you're Serbian, 25-35 and you enjoy feet.
>>
>>22884383
GASP it can't be true.
I'm Murrican, 32, and feet are yes. <3 Lets have babies.
>>
Movies:
Jurassic Park
Fight Club
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
American History X
Wall-E

Tv:
Lost
Dexter
John Doe
That 70s show
X Files

Bonus, cartoons:
Invader Zim
Hey Arnold
Regular Show
>>
>>22879521
>>22879524
>>22880055
>>22880351
>>22881871
the thread speaks: watch breaking bad

also,
shows (in no particular order):
>Breaking Bad
>Bojack Horseman
>Daredevil
>Narcos
>Marco Polo

Movies (again, no order):
>Kill Bill
>The Producers
>Skyfall
>Gladiator
>Hot Fuzz

>>22880248
thank you for also enjoying BH
>>
TV:
>Criminal Minds
>Game of Thrones
>Orphan Black
>Hannibal
>Prison Break

Movies:
>Law Abiding Citizen
>Wreck It Ralph
>Hard Candy
>From Hell
>We Need To Talk About Kevin
>>
>>22880223
Your tv shows are quality. Had to cut out Law and Order because I only wanted to put one real crime show up, also Fargo is so good.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.