[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you have social life? Do you feel ashamed if you haven't?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: erica loves you.jpg (51 KB, 588x438) Image search: [Google]
erica loves you.jpg
51 KB, 588x438
Do you have social life? Do you feel ashamed if you haven't? Do you feel ashamed if you had no girlfriend in all your life? For me isn't a shame because i think God is enough to have.
>>
File: Photo on 2015-11-30 at 16.30.jpg (89 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 2015-11-30 at 16.30.jpg
89 KB, 640x480
>>22878110
Zero social life, hoping to get a qt at the gym tonight tho.

Wish me luck
>>
File: ahhh.jpg (18 KB, 317x360) Image search: [Google]
ahhh.jpg
18 KB, 317x360
>>22878118
mmm, are you a little pathetic?
>>
I wouldn't call it shame, at least on my part.

Just like I've missed out on a lot, which I have. Admittedly so.

And never developing the finer points of that level of interaction with others. Which isn't to say I can't interact with people, I get along quite well. But I never develop deeper attachments to them. That's depressing for someone who tends to be a bit of a chatterbox and honestly enjoys the company of others.
>>
>>22878128
Definitively no, to you maybe
>>
>>22878155
so you don't feel ok, resuming
>>
I don't feel ashamed at all, if anything I was ashamed on how I behaved before. Doing drugs all the time, hanging out with degenerates. But it does get kinda boring I wont lie.
>>
>>22878156
Mmm. Okay. Each person find people everywhere. But i don't know. Maybe is normal what are you doing. Someone could say you are desperate.
>>
>>22878183
what do you do now. What changes did you experiment?
>>
>>22878189
I have no idea what point you are attempting to make.
>>
>>22878189
If i were desperate i'd settle with a fat chick right?
>>
>>22878118
looks manlet, height?
>>
>>22878177
I don't like it at all but after 37 years of it, one learns to cope as best one can.
>>
>>22878212
is it you in the picture? >>22878118
you look like those narcissist who are in gyms and are obsessed with their bodies.
>>
>>22878118
good luck, hope that goes well
>>
>>22878223
5'11 could be taller now
>>
I have 0 social life outside work, I have had girlfriends, which is one of a few reasons my social life is what it. I take pride in putting all my time into relationships.
>>
>>22878230
I do? thanks
>>
>>22878230
Is it you in your pic, OP?

I don't have much of a social life, just some people I talk to online.

A girlfriend would definitely be nice, but I'm not miserable yet.
>>
>>22878205
Now I go to school like a good boy. Maybe go to fika with some mates, I stay away from drugs and rarely drink because drinking is a slippery slope. I feel like I have done a total 180 it's funny the people that meet me now barely recognize me they say wtf you are actually acting like a human being. I used to be such a twat.
>>
>>22878235
Thanks I've gotten a couple weekend dates before but I want a real relationship now.
>>
>>22878228
you sound like life defeated you and not you defeated the life
>>
File: Picture0114.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Picture0114.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
I had girlfriends in high school but didn't had one in seven years. I'm pretty fucked up financially and mentally so don't want one at this moment, no need to fuck up another persons life. Had a couple of girls interested in me lately but I feel like I don't deserve them, having no money made me a fat shut in. I was always an introvert so don't have much problems with it I guess, about to get a really good business deal soon from my boss so maybe it'll change.
>>
File: Rubber_Duck_(8374802487).jpg (569 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
Rubber_Duck_(8374802487).jpg
569 KB, 1000x667
>>22878272
In the end it defeats us all.

I understand what you're saying though.

That's why I'm here on /soc/, because in the metaphorical bathtub of life's futility floats the unsinkable rubber duck of my buoyant heart.
>>
>>22878337
so poetic or desperate
>>
I'll take that as a no
>>
>>22878342
Quite a lot of both.

Great art is motivated by unrequited yearnings or self caused sufferings.

Shame, then, that I'm not a great artist!
>>
>>22878370
Your posts are artistic with those words.
>>
I have somewhat of a social life. The problem is I don't really always enjoy going out and being social. Sometimes I do and other times I find it a hassle and too much work. I'd rather watch Netflix and drink at home.
I also work most of the time so I don't want to spend my time being fake.
>>
>>22878370
These post's are cringey
>>
>>22878383
Know what you mean, i feel more alone surrounded by people desperate to fit in.
>>
>>22878383
your life sounds cozy.
>>
>>22878384
I have that effect on people.

Like a velveteen tracksuit.
>>
>>22878110
It's not rally shame, more like continuing confusion and an inability to get a firm grasp on social standards and how to talk to people. I've had good, small groups of friends throughout my life that always seem to disappear. People like me enough at the few parties I go to, and I'm easy-going enough to get along with most people, as well as being open minded to trying different things, but no one ever wants to seem to talk to me. I know how to get out of my little shell but if someone doesn't take the first initiative, I'm much too nervous and paranoid to actually try talking to people I don't know. It feels if I have to go somewhere alone or without a group that everyone's constantly judging everything about me. How I walk, what I'm wearing, if maybe I smell or am doing something weird and I don't know it. But if I'm with a friend or two I don't care if people outright insult me. I guess I just don't know how to socialize, but being by myself anywhere other than in my room is the worst.
>>
>>22878110
Are you that Russian stripper who posts on r9k?
>>
>>22878532
mmm, okay, much words and you sound like there is no hope but still living
>>
>>22878561
lol, why are you asking
>>
>>22878562
It's not that I don't have hope, I'm 22, but it seems difficult for me to actually go out and make friends. I've always just kind of let people talk to me and things go from there, but then when they stop talking to me and I can never muster up the courage to at least try and communicate with someone because I feel like I'm pestering them or if they say no they don't really want to hang out with me. I feel like it's all in my head, but it's not that simple for me to just go out and talk to people.
>>
>>22878570
Trying to put 2 and 2 together. I think I talked to you last night for a while and you were saying you wanted to live in Canada but didn't want to kek a beta for citizenship.
>>
Nope. Don't even have online friends. I don't feel ashamed, just sad.
>>
>>22878110
>God is enough to have
Once you admit you're gay it'll all be fine.
>>
File: girljustwatching.jpg (243 KB, 1905x1159) Image search: [Google]
girljustwatching.jpg
243 KB, 1905x1159
>>22878639
>>
File: mostly serious.png (216 KB, 431x591) Image search: [Google]
mostly serious.png
216 KB, 431x591
I'll just go ahead and tell you that it does feel bad not having a normal, decent social life but it's just another goal to work toward like having a perfect body, or being a better person, or being the best at your skills and hobbies. I want to be a likable person. I hope I can figure out how to be.
>>
>>22878118
Girls don't like to be hit on at the gym.
>>
>>22878818
LOL ya they do, at least at my gym. I think most of the girls there go just to get hit on.
>>
>>22878384
You're a cunt. And not in a good way.

>>22878228
Hey man, you sound like a good dude. I've felt a lot of the things that you have felt/ are feeling. If you want to say what's up, my email is [email protected]. I'm 34, so a little closer in age than some of these other folks. I'm not going to try to fix you or anything. Just chat if that's what you would like.

I hope to hear from you :)
>>
>>22878859
34 damn you old
>>
>>22878883
you're saying things that incommodes others
>>
31 M

Within the space of two months I cut off contact with my best friend of 15 years because he's a fucked up, self-entitled narcissist and I've had enough of dealing with his bullshit. My gf of 3+ years also just ended our relationship because she feels she is gay. We're on good terms and will probably stay in touch but it's a bit weird.

Moving back in with my parents is more of an issue than not having a social life or a girlfriend, because I can make myself go to events and find people online if I look long and hard enough. People look down on you if you're a guy who isn't some alpha breadwinner with no mental health issues though.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.