[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>camming with a Swedish girl for years now >she always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9
File: tumblr_lyzjhzaz5q1robbgco1_500.png (81 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lyzjhzaz5q1robbgco1_500.png
81 KB, 500x500
>camming with a Swedish girl for years now
>she always sheers me up
>she always makes my day better
>sucks balls that she is so far away
>slowly getting feelings for her

General long distance relationships suck thread. Share your opinions, share your experiences. Everything.
>>
>>22839275
>sheers me up

are you a sheep?
>>
>>22839286
>>22839275
Cheers of course
English skills suck at like 2 am after a lot of alcohol
>>
is this blad and elin
>>
>>22839330
I don't know who that is. But I would say it's not
>>
>>22839275
I wanna talk with a swedish girl :'(
>>
>>22839400
Dude you don't know what you're missing. Swedish girls are fucking attractive and fucking chill.
>>
>>22839275
I'm old enough to know that long distance relationships don't really work. I've been in one when I was young, and then I've lived irl long term relationships and then I'm single again. At the same time that I'm in a good phase, where I'm noted by girls and confident to talk to them, I can't help but developing feelings for someone special who lives in the same continent, yet another country. I may be too old not to believe in such things, but now I have the money and the time and the head to go and see her. She was the first to admit she liked me, and she's also the one to push my feelings away whenever I talk about them. I could just go and talk and see. And then get a job there and live with her beautiful pair of eyes.

And then I remember I'm shit and she probably deserves something better. If only I knew I wouldn't ruin her life.
>>
File: #emotions.gif (1 MB, 245x142) Image search: [Google]
#emotions.gif
1 MB, 245x142
I know that feel bro.

I've been skyping an Australian girl for over a year now and she's just amazing. I've found that my feelings for her has even gotten in the way of me wanting to meet other girls here where I actually live. She sometimes make cutesy little jokes that allude to the fact that we'd probably date, hadn't it been for the distance and it just kills me.

Man, why did I have to fall for someone who lives halfway across the planet?

Fuck you Internet.
>>
>>22839452
The thing is I totally know what you feel. But it's still not worth it. If you really think you have enough time and money then visit her. But you should never change your whole life for just one person.
>>22839492
Oh yes I know that. My Swedish girl is also always saying such little things. Like that when we will meet some day we will do this and that. Sucks. I don't want to think about meeting her, I just want to meet her.
I'm even changing decisions in my life just because of her. For example I'm planing to do a international semester in Sweden. Because of her. Even tho I know that this is not the best idea
>>
>>22839492
if her name is char RUN
>>
I fell for a guy from Norway.
I've never been in love with someone until now and it's my first time even attempting a relationship. I have no idea why this wonderful, sweet man likes me even after I straight up said everything wrong with me and how it's a bad idea when he confessed his feelings.
I've been bettering myself mostly for me, but I think about him and wanting to become a woman he'd be proud of and truly wish to be with every day.
>>
>>22839526
That doesn't sound all that smart admittedly, but if you end up doing it and it goes well that would be pretty fantastic, wouldn't it? In my case she's actually saying she's planning on studying over here, which also happens to be Sweden by the way. But I'm not sure if she's serious or not, and I haven't really had the heart to ask... That kind of big step just seems so scary to me.

>>22839539
Nope, not her.
>>
>>22839526
Is her name Elin?
>>
>>22839275
Long distance never works. NEVER. Call it off now. It'll hurt now, but be best for you both in the long run
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 346x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 346x400
I've been in a long distance relationship for almost two years now. I'm going to visit her for a week tomorrow. She's my best friend and truly is the only reason I haven't killed myself yet. Not writing it off yet, though. I just really wanna kill myself.
I love her more than anyone, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Long distance is awful, especially when you're an awful, suicidal, alcoholic junkie.
>>
My relationship isn't suuuper long distance, but we're still several states and a day and a half's drive away from each other, and oh boy its a mess. The loneliness is hard, and the only reason we've made it this long is because we've already been friends for years and we're moving in together in a few months.

Not trying to be discouraging, but unless you have some chance of being together irl, be wary.
>>
>>22839275
Any girl with that kind of attention span is a keeper. 9/10 girls here can barely remember their own name if they don't have three different guys remind them every night.

As for experiences, I think LDRs are pretty cool. But if you want to make it work long-term, you can't be a poorfag and you need to have some kind of plan regarding things like careers and visas.

And if you're the kind of person who has trouble being alone with themselves, it won't work either.
>>
File: IMG_2496.jpg (189 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2496.jpg
189 KB, 640x1136
North Carolina to Pittsburgh. Super rough. He was my best friend for years. Then he told me he was in love with me 2 weeks before he moved away. He always had lived two hours away from me (we hung out at least once every month for years though.)

We're making it work. We get to see each other every few months for a few days at a time. But damn, it is tough.

Good thing I'm in love with him though.

BUT YEAH. Long distance sucks dick
>>
I've been in a ldr for two years now. Tbh, its fine. After a while you just grow accustomed to the distance. It's a lot of work and a lot of stress but I wouldn't change my decision. I've never been so happy in my life. Fourth time seeing him in March and we've been making plans to move in together.
>>
>>22840755
You look like brother and sister, but still, 10/10 cuteness
>>
File: when my car broke down.jpg (248 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
when my car broke down.jpg
248 KB, 640x1136
>>22840846
Yeah, we work at the same camp in the summer and we convinced all the campers we were twins. It was great.
>>
>>22840857

Which one are you?

Either way, both of you are hella hot though you don't look old enough to buy cigarettes.
>>
>>22840865
Oh I'm the girl! hahaha. We're both old enough to buy cigarettes. Youthfullness is a blessing I suppose?
>>
>>22840857
I hope you made out after convincing them
>>
>>22840874

For some reason I thought you were an extremely girly guy. Still both cute.

I'm so jealous of your man.
>>
>>22840896
Hahahah that was actually before we started dating. I did tell one of the campers at the very end of the week that we weren't twins and she lost her damn mind. Best job ever.
>>
File: IMG_20141224_204706.jpg (328 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141224_204706.jpg
328 KB, 960x1280
Dropped pic. Finland to Canada :)
>>
i wouldnt mind webcamming with a cute swed girl right now
>>
>>22840755
Aww :')
>>
>>22840935
Dirty Chink chaser
>>
>>22841644
/pol/ pls go
>>
>>22839275
As someone in one, that's going as well as a LDR can - don't fucking do it.

I'm dating a girl who lives in America, who I have the money to see regularly (twice in 6 months), who is moving in with me in January - and it's horrible anyway.

It's incredibly expensive, very stressful, heart breaking when the other person goes back home (or you do), and if it fails it's got larger consequences than most other western relationships.

What if you (or her) moves, upending your whole life for the other, only to find out you can't get along long term in person? And trust me, that shit happens - couples break up all the time because it doesn't work out when they move in together, or because they like one another every so often but not for hours a day every day. You're going from zero - zero contact, less contact than most people get on a blind date - to sixty in a split second, and if it goes wrong, you're out a ton and heart broken.

Just find a girl locally.
>>
I think once you're in a long distance you're more in love with the idea of overcoming these challenges than the person itself.
>>
I'm fucking a girl in a long-distance relationship, does that count?
>>
>>22839275
>live in same city for a few years for college
>graduate
>i leave she stays
>only a couple of hours away from home, i have no problem visiting
>still sucks but more like "extended sleepovers" than most long-distance relationships
>well
>long story short, she runs off with a sex cult
>only slightly exaggerating

and now i'm on soc
but i've met some cool new people here, good friends and kikmates
so everything fell right into place
>>
>>22841821
>sex cult
explain bra
>>
>>22840857
>>22840755

Does he know you are constantly posting your pics on soc like a compliment seeking, attention whoring slut?
>>
>>22841863
it's not a sex cult, not objectively, but that's the best way to describe it from her perspective. imagine if you discovered a group of poets that hold monthly poetry events and you got really into that lifestyle and decided it was right for you and started writing poetry and grew a mustache and made a pair of bongos because you're too broke to buy real ones.

well it was like that, but with people who like sex.
>>
>>22841901
really abstract analogy now has me imagining a woman leaving her guy and growing a handlebar while taking it from a hipster whiile readinig lolita
>>
>>22842042
you know, i'm surprised she hasn't texted me that that happened yet
>>
>>22839417
They really aren't. You just lucked out.

Source; I'm Swedish
>>
Oh hey my fiancé and I were long distance for three years and now we live together and we're getting married. Don't listen to people that say long distance can never work.
>>
I was in an LDR for a year with a Swedish girl who was a train wreck I loved. Honestly, she might have been a catfish. I'll never know and that's the worst feeling :(
>>
>>22841644
Actually I'm the chink. So I guess I'm the rich white man chaser :^)
>>
About 10 years ago I got into a LDR with a woman from Seattle (I'm in Boston). Started out with some shared interests but we're both married so it stayed mild for a while.

Eventually we shared a lot of intimate secrets, naked pictures (long since deleted, sorry). I never told her my real name but I was able to figure out hers from pictures and other info she sent.

My company decided to send me for training in San Francisco and she told me she'd make an excuse to come down and meet me but a week before the training it was cancelled. I'm sure we would have fucked if I went.

Lasted about two years and she decided to move on.
>>
Op here, I wonder that this thread is still kinda alive. Just opened it last night because I was drunk and sad and fell asleep pretty fast after
>>22839588
Yes, if everything works it would be amazing. But the chances are high that not everything will work out. That's the risk about it. But I can understand you totally
>>22839622
No its not
>>22841691
This sounds like the perfect logical answer to all this ldr stuff. Thank you for this
>>22841780
This is a point too. You could never be sure if your partner is fucking around
>>22842149
She's not the only Swedish girl I know and who is awesome. I wouldn't say that every Swedish girl is the tits, but overall they sure feel way more chill than chicks in my country
>>
>>22842158
They can work out (and do), but it's got all the issues of a regular relationship magnified by ten, plus a ton of other issues unique to LDRs.

It's something that ONLY works out if both people are 100% committed and you can make it short-distance fairly quickly (or, you're both the type that simply doesn't care about distance). Still, it's got a lot of hardships most people aren't prepared for, and things like cheating and ignoring your partner are widespread.
>>
File: 1446457584096.jpg (104 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1446457584096.jpg
104 KB, 500x375
>>22843100
I didnt even know finland had asians. I was under the impression it was filled with white metalheads, wolves and pack ice.

so where can I buy my europasian?
>>
>>22843487
haha he's the finnish one, I'm the Canadian chink. But yes your assumptions are correct, im dating a white metal head raised by wolves
>>
>tfw no one to even have a long distance relationship with
>>
>>22845442
one day my friend, one day
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.