[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello all, I've noticed the drinking and drugs threads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: One-Day-At-A-Time-compressed.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
One-Day-At-A-Time-compressed.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
Hello all,

I've noticed the drinking and drugs threads on here (I even started a "what's your favorite drug(s) thread), but I was curious if there's any anons here that had to put the drinking and drugs down because it was killing you?

Just to be clear, I have no problems with other people drinking and using drugs. I think it's awesome people can responsibly drink and use drugs and add quality to their lives. Unfortunately, my drinking and drug use escalated to the point where it was destroying everything worthwhile in my life.

Anyway, feel free to share your story. If you're struggling, let us know. Maybe we can give you some advice.
>>
>>22816588
Was diagnosed with RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis) when I was a child and since ten years back i've been using it daily.
>>
So I was homeless from age 17-20. During that time I got hooked on heroin. I had also been drinking heavily since I was 15 so basically panhandled to support both habits.

I didn't put heroin down. My sister got me into rehab, I got clean, relapsed and she put me in a second time. This time I stayed off heroin but I still drink a lot. It hasn't affected me much (in terms of job and social life) so will probably just keep drinking.
>>
>>22816610
Using what? Pain meds or drinking to numb the pain?
>>
>>22816619
That's awesome you kicked the dope, man. I abused pain pills pretty heavily for a couple years. I never got "sick" but definitely had a crushing mental obsession for trying to score for a few weeks after I stopped. If you can keep drinking without serious consequences, that great. Take care and thanks for sharing.
>>
>>22816610
Someone closely related to me has this (Rheumatoid Athritis, together with Bechterew and Crohn). I've been recommending her CBD oil, but doctors are hesitant to agree with me. Would it be a good plan for her to try?

Anyway. I've been daily using since I was 14. Started selling since I was 15 and at the end when I was 15 I sold harddrugs. Went to illegal underground parties at 15 and sold xtc pills, mdma, ketamine, amphetamines etc. With the profit I smoked weed all day everyday, and used other drugs on average 2 days a week. I was 'that guy' who was always high and took acid at school and switched school alot. I have so many regrets, but on the other side I enjoyed so many moments, sitting in the park with friends, jamming, drinking and smoking.

But I'm so tired of it. I'm almost 22 and would love to stop it. All those thousands and thousands of dollars, countless thousands hours spent doing nothing but chasing euros, meeting and waiting on people etc. But this is what I've been doing for almost 1/3 of my life now. It's all I know. Almost all my friends are people who use, everything I did in my life had something to do with drugs. It's not really the drugs alone that makes it so hard to quit, but everything around it. How did you guys do it?
>>
>>22816763
I probably should have known my propensity for addiction. When I was a kid I had surgery and was on pain meds straight for three days. When they took me off I saw animals crawling up and down the walls all night.
>>
>>22816863

I'll be honest with you. If my sister didn't put me in rehab I never could have quit on my own. I would have died quickly.
>>
I had a traumatic breakup when I was 16 and took up drinking as a coping mechanism. From there it lead to me running away, living in abandoned houses, asking bums to buy me 4 packs (3 after I broke him off).

I ended up dying twice, hospitalized with a .32BAC after drinking a handle and eating alot of bars, I was also raped / taken advantage of (male tho so I'm probably just a bitch). My mother saw my penis when i came home and pissed on our dvd collection before slipping in my own vomit - then she stripped me down and hosed me off in the front year. And eventually I decided enough was enough and I didn't want to ruin my life any further with my drinking.

I have a beer or a shot every now and then. I did get trashed last month but it wasnt really enjoyable. Mostly I just smoke weed with occasional mdma/hallucinogens.
>>
>>22816927
*hosed me off in the front yard
>>
My ex-gf miscarried back in 2009 and I started drinking, partying and taking painkillers daily, I ended up with the best girl I've ever known in the summer of 2010 but fucked that up due to the drink so I stopped drinking/partying and just kept on with the painkillers.

Slowly stopped socializing with everyone over the next year and decided I was going to go back to college to try and finish my last year for my degree, I kept at it for 2/3 of the year but ended up dropping out due to the opiates...I've done nothing since then, I managed to get clean for a few weeks after we moved to another town about 30 minutes away from my old place in 2013 but thought I could handle it and took some painkillers and well ended up back at square one...I had a head on crash with a bus last summer and that knocked the last little bit of confidence I had out of me.

I'm pretty sure my kidneys are starting to fail since my piss stinks no matter how well hydrated I am and I've been getting tremors in my hands and neck for the last year, I don't know if the tremors are from the car crash or the addiction. My teeth are all fucked as well and I'm like fucking skeletor.

0 prospects in life even if I do get clean, I mean who the fucks going to hire a 26 year old with fuck all work experience when it comes to IT?

Lifes fucked.
>>
>>22816954
Have you tried Kratom? I know a few people that have used Kratom to get off of opiates. It's better than getting all caught up in the methadone/suboxone clinics, but obviously you need help.
>>
>>22816863
The CBD oil sounds like it could be promising, plus, it has fewer of the psychoactive properties that are available with regular weed.
>>
>>22816863
Well, I went in an Intensive Outpatient Treatment program. It was through a psychiatrist's office here in town. We met 4 nights a week for 3 hours. We discussed what we were feeling like at the moment and any challenges or triumphs we experienced that day. We talked A LOT about relapse prevention, coping skills, and communication styles. The coping skills were the most helpful in my opinion because an addict/alcoholic's biggest challenge is preventing relapse. I talked with other alcoholics every day for 1.5 years. I'm a little over 2 years sober now.

Please let me know if you have any other questions :)
>>
File: 1447365871245.jpg (37 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1447365871245.jpg
37 KB, 480x480
>>22816588
hahaha saw this thread and had to post (im only ever on /soc to see if my state has a thread). Sober 11 months and just got asked to speak this saturday and there will be a ton of people. Im nervous as hell.

>>22816763
>mental obsession
someone speaks my language

>>22816619
good job dropping h, just remember alcohol (and benzos but i consider them the same) has the only withdrawal that can kill you, it is not a safe substitute.

>>22816863
I went to AA/NA and got brainwashed (not really but i help other people and it keeps me happy and sober).

~

Recovery from addiction/alcoholism is being clean/sober from drugs, guys. Its bullshit to think switching from methamphetamine/h/anything to 420blazeitfagg0t and drinking is anything to be proud of. It is not. Its like being proud that you have gotten over your depression by compulsive masturbation and forcing yourself to puke after binge eating.

If you want to be sober/clean/ in"recovery"(aka not doing drugs) there has to be a point in which you have had enough and want help for yourself. Not to appease your family or friends or probation officer or whatever. You have to get to that point where you understand you will never be able to ingest something that has a side effect of euphoria and use it normally. Without that recovery is impossible in any form it comes in (AA, NA, treatment, self will).

For long term sobriety a psychic change has to happen where you realize that you are not good at taking care of yourself. You have proved this to yourself by beating yourself up those years with drugs and lies. Trying to control things when you cannot take care of yourself is stupid when you think about it (anyone who says otherwise is stupid), so you stop controlling things and it feels good after, good enough to not want to use anymore.

thats my talk for tonight
-guy from /a
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.