[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vegans of /soc/, report in.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: 111.jpg (8 KB, 249x154) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
8 KB, 249x154
Vegans of /soc/, report in.
>>
File: hank3.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
hank3.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
>>
I stopped being a vegan after 2 years, it didnt convince me in the long run. Now I think it's kinda extremist and many vegans are like in a religious cult
>>
File: milk.gif (4 MB, 464x560) Image search: [Google]
milk.gif
4 MB, 464x560
>>22815618
Funny how meat is so cheap that every fast food place sells it.
meat is as cheap as wheat bread.

you claim killing and eating meat is bad
but does your body agree with you?
to keep you alive your body fights and kills micro-organisms on a daily basis
your digestive system has even enslaved some specific species to help it digest food better.
plants die when you eat them too. so you care more about animals than plants?
and what about the people attacked by vegans and vegetarians during protests?
you care more for humans or for animals? why not protest war before meat?

So instead of killing everything
you prefer to focus wholly on killing plants
drinking every last drop of their delicious fluids
castrating their flowers, and inseminating the ones you like
to produce rape breeds of the plants with the most delicious young
cutting off the limbs of those you dislike so you can graft limbs you do like
onto their bodies forcing them to grow delicious young that will be served on your tables
while keeping the parents in concentration camps, standing room only.

aren't farmers like me just horrible people?
enslaving the plants in concentration camps we so affectionately call gardens.
while letting the animals roam about and eat the wild plants in the field.
Raising Cows to make them fat with milk, that we steal from their udders
letting cats roam about killing innocent mice, rats, and birds
Enslaving wolves, forcibly domesticating them into dogs
raising dogs to help us hunt birds, deer and moose,
enslaving horses to carry us long distances,
and all we paid them was food and love.
>>
File: everything fire.png (765 KB, 698x840) Image search: [Google]
everything fire.png
765 KB, 698x840
>>22815618
>>22816930
plants communicate with other plants by way of chemical signals
different stresses cause the plant to release different bouquets of aromatic chemicals
the smell of peppermint tea is the leaves screaming as you boil them alive
that smell of the Flower shop?
Potted plants screaming they don't have room to grow,
cut flowers screaming that they are being mutilated

the African Acacia tree when it is stressed by grazing
will release poisonous tannins into it's leaves
While it screams with ethylene to warn downwind trees nearby
so they can create tannins, in defence against being eaten alive.
>>
>>22815618
if you were actually serious
about reducing our dependency for example on bovine dairy products
instead of attacking dairy farms, or protesting outside grocery stores.
it would be more effective to drive them out of business
with a more popular dairy alternative

instead of a dairy farm that raises Bovine cattle,
why not raise a human farm that sells breast milk dairy products?
>>
>>22815618
Funny how a diet that requires pills in order to stay healthy is considered good.

It's almost as if those supplements you're taking to replace the lost proteins, vitamins, and minerals are there to correct a dietary mistake.
>>
>>22817106
This is just an uneducated post. I'm guessing v you're under eighteen and haven t lived a single day eating entirely organic plant based foods and drinks.

>Bee pollen: mindfully harvested in combination with raw honey(local). 30 grams of bee pollen per day supplies every nutrient needed. Calories and hydration(fluoride free) while you exercise are important too. while not to the strictest of vegans(idiots or wealthy idiots),
>>
>>22817628

Bee pollen isn't vegan, you fucking retard. That's like eating kale all day and supplementing it with bacon so you don't die of malnutrition.
>>
>>22817106
>vegan for a decade
>never take pills or supplements
>never get sick
>in the last decade, only got a flu once, it wasn't severe and only lasted a few hours
>very athletic, lots of energy
>do long distance (several hundred km) nonstop bike rides
>ski pretty much every day during winter (did 53 consecutive days last spring)
Keep projecting, though. I'm sure you'll manage to successfully upset someone eventually!
>>
brrrrt yuck

like I guess I could be a vegetarian but vegan is too far
>>
File: 1445018235477.jpg (23 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
1445018235477.jpg
23 KB, 500x380
>>22818117
Thanks for coming to tell us.
>>
mew reporting inn

i am a fellow vegan!
>>
Is vaping vegan?
>>
File: baconheart.jpg (252 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
baconheart.jpg
252 KB, 1024x1024
Your friendly reminder that your life as a vegan is shit.
>>
yes I'm vegan
yes I know I'm better than you
in the future all "meat" and animal products will be created in labs and will be healthier

stop abusing and exploiting animals
you're no worse than murders and slave owners

I'm on the right side of history
>>
I don't get it. So people are somehow disappointed with killing animals and eating meat but somehow okay with harvesting vegetables and fruits? It's been reported that plants do react to stimuli and they are in fact living. If you say eating meat is bad you shouldn't eat vegetables or fruit either.
>>
>>22819815
>vegetables and fruits
they are made to be eaten...
ever hear of seeds?
god you are a moron
>>
>>22819815
Rocks react to stimuli. It's about sentience, ability to have conscious desires/interests, and the ability to feel pain.
>>
>>22819833
Yeah I can buy a bag of seeds at the store. You're calling me a moron when you're just randomly bringing up pointless shit.

>>22819879
I think some people insist plants can feel pain but I'm not sure if there are studies behind that. Who are we to say they arn't sentient?
>>
>>22819972
You have to prove something is sentient rather than the other way around, or else you'd have to give rocks and seeds the benefit of the doubt. You'd need some kind of indication that they were sentient. The best thing is observing them and comparing them with us, I guess. If an animal screams and cries and resists then it's probably feeling pain and fear and you should just have some vegetables instead... Regardless, you can't necessarily prove sentience in other people, either...
>>
>>22819996
http://player.pbs.org/viralplayer/2341198769/

This is a cool video though. There are a lot of plants that seem to have some of thought processes that I guess you can make the claim that are just chemical reactions.

I mean you can honestly say you've never played with sleeping grass? If that isn't some shit to make you think it's alive I don't know what is.
>>
>>22820043
That's not sentience. There's no dynamic response or engagement. It's just a mechanical response to stimuli. Even if what you said were true, the vegan diet would minimise harm. Animals eat plants and more farmed animals means more farmed plants. Plus if what you described as sentience counted as sentience it would still be a much lower order sentience than animal or human sentience. You can't just throw all ethics out the window in the absence of complete perfection.
>>
>>22820043
you are autistic
>>
I have a question for vegans
Why do you try converting non vegans by showing them pictures of animal slaughter and stuff
You're worse than the abortion people
>>
>>22820284
They don't.

I eat meat and I know a lot of vegans and literally none have done this; do you get these stereotypes from the internet or has this actually happened to you?
>>
>>22820292
This has happened to me on many occasions
>friend went vegan tried showing me these videos
>go to college and once a semester a truck with screens and headphones on the outside comes offering people a dollar to watch a video
>watch it one day and they trick me into watching animal slaughter
>guy asks me how many times I would be willing to go no animal diet out of the week
>tell him 0 and ask for my dollar
>>
>>22820306
You've run into a lot of cunts then m8

I figure I know a disproportionate amount of vegans than the average meat eater and none of them have done this with me.

Maybe because they're all Anarchists?
>>
>>22820284
>the truth is bad, I'll just ignore it
keep living in your fantasy world
grow up
>>
>>22820150
But they do react to pain. They react to specific instances.

There's studies that claim some plants feel pain. There's studies that claim they have memory. People say they communicate on a chemical level. There's some that actively release chemicals when being attacked or stressed out that people say act as a self defense mechanism. There are lots of studies that show plants feel and think and understand things around it and react accordingly.

I think it's retarded as fuck to claim it's not right to harm sentient beings but only if they fit someone's specific understanding of what they claim is sentient and completely neglect the idea that maybe other things have some form of sentience not on the level that we are on.

Feeling pain for example has nothing to do with what is good or bad for us individually. Animals know other animals feel pain, they react to it, they relate to it. Yet they go and kill other animals to survive. Choosing to limit your available food source is entirely a moral thing which animals don't even comprehend. Humans are on a level to where just your feelings can dictate how you live from day to day and how even you live.
>>
>>22820309
Yeah maybe its just where I am or something but there's seems to be a lot of people with radical opinions campaigning at my school
>>
>>22820312
People are superior to animals
Also there's a lot of worse things than hamburgers
>>
>>22820333
If an alien species were superior to humans would they be justified in eating us?
>>
>>22820384
YES but only if they can kill us first.
You make the mistake of assuming that human life is sacred.
>>
>>22820436
ha, silly me
>>
>>22820436
Further more vegans make the mistake of thinking that they decide which life forms are sacred enough to kill and eat. If it contains nutrients eat it. If its your species don't eat it. Real fuckin' simple.

Now what doesn't make sense is that we treat our food horrible. Gotta respect and honor the eaten by using its body fully and allowing it to live a prosperous life.
>>
>>22820444
Nice trips.
>>
>>22817760
You didn't read my entire post. Durrrrrr.

Suppliment a plant based diet with flower pollen and flower nectar. Only idiots deny the benefits(nazi vegans). They compromise their own health to be vegan if they avoid bee pollen(flower pollen) and raw local honey. It's vegan to me if its mindfully harvested. Don't be such a nazi and comprehend the facts not those nazi feels , nazi vegan?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.