[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vegans of /soc/, report in.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: vegan0.jpg (29 KB, 487x301) Image search: [Google]
vegan0.jpg
29 KB, 487x301
Vegans of /soc/, report in.
>>
File: 1445726958770.jpg (6 KB, 212x200) Image search: [Google]
1445726958770.jpg
6 KB, 212x200
>>22807652
>because it's the right thing to do
you lost me
>>
>>22807652
Fuck off hippie
>>
>>22807652
The audacity of vegans to think they know what is right and wrong, or what is good or bad for the world. Get off that high horse so you can realize that your fad diet has no impact whatsoever, and you aren't Mother Theresa.
>>
>>22807673
Hippies are generally promiscious pacifist music-loving druggies. I fail to see how any of that has anything to do with vegans, considering there is minimal correlation between vegans and promiscuity, pacifism, and music; and vegans are generally less inclined to be drug users than non-vegans are.
>>
I recently became sort of a vegetarian but not really. Can I come?
>>
>>22807700
I tried being vegetarian for a week, and learnt a few things:

1. It's cheaper
2. Much easier and faster to cook vege-burgers/sausages etc than real meat.
3. It's often tastier than real meat.

So for my weekly shop I'm only buying vege shit.

However, if someone cooked me a meal with meat in it, I wouldn't say no.
>>
>>22807652
I looked into this shit some, and the real problem isn't meat. It's fake meat. All of those supposed health issues from eating meat are either A) Caused by a complete inability to moderate one's self, or B) Caused by fake processed "meat" that is only about 15% animal product.

Long story short? Eat meat, don't eat fast food.
>>
Do eggs count?
>>
>>22807729
i'm in this boat too. being depressed and anxious leaves me with very little energy to actually cook. having something like tempeh, which doesn't need to be thawed or even cooked really, is good to have on hand for bad days.

this is a tasty, simple chili recipe of mine for those who also struggle with mental health. it keeps pretty well so i have lunches/dinners throughout the week.

- 2 15 oz cans of your choice of beans (i use 1 of black, 1 of cannelini)
- 1 8oz pack of tempeh (i like lightlife)
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes

that's the most basic if you don't have time/energy for add-ins. when i have energy i usually add

- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 pablano pepper

and season with tobasco/hot sauce, cumin, tiny bit of cinnamon, black pepper, ground chipotle, garlic, and a bit of sea salt, since i rarely have veg or chicken broth around and use water for the liquid.

throw it all in a crockpot, cook on high for an hour or so, on low for 2, let warm for as long as you like. it's low fat, good protein, easy, and vegan.

a note on tempeh prep: you can throw it in straight out of the package, but i find cooking it in a pan with some olive oil and soy sauce makes it much tastier.
>>
>>22808781
vegan = no animal products. meat, milk, eggs, honey -- anything that comes from an animal is not vegan.
>>
>>22807652
Hey faggot. Reporting in from Burlington Ontario Canada
>>
Slowly transitioning from vegetarian to vegan, I made the switch because I'm a dirty hippy and I want to spite the beef industry that is ripping apart the environment.
>>
File: baconheart.jpg (252 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
baconheart.jpg
252 KB, 1024x1024
>>22807652

Just a friendly reminder that your life sucks.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.